Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:09 PM)

On an unrelated note: I just got the BBTS email about kingdom pre-orders... and even the stuff I don't want I'm perfectly willing to get if it means I can have the rest of it.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:08 PM)

It's digimon. So first one, then the other.

@  TheMightyMol... : (26 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

50/50 odds, it's either a helicopter with limbs, or a scantily-clad human with heli blades on their back. If female, 90% odds on the second one.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 September 2020 - 12:39 PM)

I read that as "Helicoptermon" and wondered what kind of Digimon that was.

@  Bass X0 : (26 September 2020 - 12:35 PM)

Helicopter-mom, transform!

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 September 2020 - 11:58 PM)

Aw I scratched the hood of my 35th anniversary Bluestreak. Fortunately he's in robot mode a lot.

@  Sabrblade : (25 September 2020 - 07:24 PM)

No decoration could improve the wall more than Knockout himself

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 September 2020 - 05:04 PM)

The wall could use some decorating, though. Maybe a nice shelf or a portrait.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 04:32 PM)

I'm laughing so hard XDDD

@  ▲ndrusi : (25 September 2020 - 02:31 PM)

He doesn't even mind this time. You know what? It's comfortable here.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 02:23 PM)

AND THEN KNOCKOUT WAS IN THE WALL AGAIN XDDD

@  Bass X0 : (25 September 2020 - 01:11 PM)

is an annoying stage in Super Mario World.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2020 - 02:15 PM)

Gnarly.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 September 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Beast Era, a blonde rat called Sunsqueaker.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 September 2020 - 01:00 PM)

And then Knockout was in the wall again.

@  Sabrblade : (24 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Knockout: "Ooh, sorry, Lord Megatron. The correct word was... 'Decepticon'."

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 September 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Knockout: *while doing a crossword puzzle* Lord Megatron, whats a ten letter word for disappointment? | Megatron: ...... Starscream.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 September 2020 - 01:20 PM)

@Bass X0 Shockwave did it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 11:56 AM)

At least it's not Suntwerker.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

I read that name as "suntweaker" the first time, and was terrified for a moment...

@  Bass X0 : (23 September 2020 - 03:41 AM)

Prowl did nothing wrong.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 01:50 AM)

Smashy, Stabby, Selfy, and Shieldy.

@  Xero Prime : (22 September 2020 - 08:52 PM)

RunFast, MuckyTrail, TrackBreaker and Sunstreaker

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 September 2020 - 06:16 AM)

Runamuck, Fasttrack, Sunstreaker, and Trailbreaker.

@  Nevermore : (22 September 2020 - 06:13 AM)

Cardboard and plastic.

@  Paladin : (22 September 2020 - 05:52 AM)

what's IN Wave 3, anyway?

@  Telly : (21 September 2020 - 06:35 PM)

i dont think theyre due for release until november. at least thats when target says ill get trailbreaker and sunstreaker. thought the wiki says theyre out in singapore

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 September 2020 - 06:01 PM)

Has wave 3 actually reached anywhere yet?

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 September 2020 - 04:40 PM)

A few more Bearimy's for Earthrise wave 3 to reach the UK

@  Spiritofeigh... : (20 September 2020 - 05:07 PM)

Cheers pal.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 September 2020 - 04:42 PM)

Welcome aboard!

@  Spiritofeigh... : (20 September 2020 - 04:38 PM)

Hey, new to the boards

@  RichardT1977 : (20 September 2020 - 02:29 PM)

I had an idea for a Spiral Zone/Go-Busters crossover fanfic...

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 06:35 PM)

I loved what was there, and think it's pretty ripe for "renegades" style reboot.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 03:13 PM)

It's a shame as I loved Spiral Zone, and the design from the Japanese Toyline of the same name are fantastic, I adore the monowheel motorbike.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 03:12 PM)

Hasbro doesn't seem to have any interest in doing anything with the TV show, haven't greenlit any attempt to rerelease it, and there have been approaches, so I think it may be aother one of Tonka's legal carcrashes where everyone involved owns a piece and it's not really worth anyone sticking their neck out to claim ownership.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 01:47 PM)

I feel that homages and references would be a fun way to expand the GI Joe brand, and give a little love to lines that are unlikely to be acknowledged beyond such capacity.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 01:47 PM)

I was under the impression that Bandai was more the character design aspects, not story or characters.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 12:55 PM)

Also isn't it in rights limbo, given how it's loosely based on concepts from a BanDai series much like GoBots?

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 12:52 PM)

We don't need a Spiral Zone reboot, in a decade or so we'll be living it.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 12:49 PM)

Yeah, but it would fundamentally change the base premise of both gijoe and spiral zone. It's either not the world spanning threat it was, or the zone riders are backed up by a competent force. Either way, you compromise the context of both.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:19 PM)

Akin to what was done with Matt Tracker in 2008.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:18 PM)

Again, not a PURE transplant, but an integration of ideas and concepts into the world of GI Joe.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:18 PM)

@Wonko The Cobra Overlord, with help from Dr. Mindbender and Cesspool, develops machines capable of generating a mind-controlling fog. GI Joe stalwarts Flint, Airtight, Lifeline, and Psyche-Out are joined by Colonal Courage to infiltrate these zones and disable the machines. Figures would sport hostile environment suits (Eco warriors cross with Spiral Zone) and make new versions of the mono-wheel vehicles.

@  Maximus Ambus : (19 September 2020 - 09:39 AM)

Hasbroverse.2 with bought properties: Bravestarr, Ulysses 31, Galaxy Rangers, Shadow Raiders, Manta Force, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Mighty Orbots, Jem and Bigfoot and the Muscle Machines. Seamless.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 08:32 AM)

While acknoledging spiral zone would be pretty boss, I doubt they could actively integrate it into anything else: given the scale of the villains deeds.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 08:03 AM)

COPS, Spiral Zone, Shadow Strikers, Action Man, Centurions, MegaForce. They wouldn’t replicate the old lines, but simply acknowledging their existence would be nifty.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 08:01 AM)

I would love to see GI Joe become something of a “celebration of action figures”. Hasbro has SO MANY old action figure properties, and many could slot into the GI Joe umbrella with relative ease.

@  Otaku : (19 September 2020 - 12:04 AM)

G.I. Joe, CyberCOPS, and M.A.S.K. all seem like something that would work from Animated or Prime, though CyberCOPS might have been a bit trickier from Prime.

@  Sabrblade : (18 September 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Rik Alvarez originally wanted the last episode of Prime to spinoff into a new MASK reboot.

Photo
- - - - -

NVK and the Quest of the Holy Grail

NotVeryKnightly ask thread miracles

2616 replies to this topic

#2521 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 2387 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 20 July 2020 - 01:09 AM

I know, right?

remember that idol group that kicked someone out for underage drinking

Johnny's?

apparently they might have a drug scandal now

Johnny's?

There is love everywhere, I already know

✰Japanimation Connoisseur✰

#2522 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 2387 posts

Posted 21 July 2020 - 11:22 AM

gHQD0jD.jpgGsSNF6q.jpgSnKWfPy.jpg

Lapis Re:LiGHTs is surprisingly funny.

#2523 Logicron

Logicron

The Crab Out Of Space

• Citizen
  • 35606 posts

Posted 21 July 2020 - 01:58 PM

Please tell me this is an anime about literal fantasy women's dodgeball.

#2524 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 24012 posts

Posted 21 July 2020 - 08:40 PM

I've talked about it like, several months ago:

Also, I am not sure whether these characters go to a music school that happens to have lots of witches, or to a witch school that happens to have a lot of idol wannabes.

The anime is definitely the latter, though I'm not sure how much stuff actually carried to it from the other versions

#2525 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 2387 posts

Posted 21 July 2020 - 11:51 PM

I'm assuming that in the game, LiGHTs is already formed from the start and there's way more interaction with whatever monsters the Orchestras protect from.

Please tell me this is an anime about literal fantasy women's dodgeball.

Isn't that Keijo!!!!!!!!

Though after this episode; I kinda wish it was. Counter; this might be one of those things that's great because it only lasted 22 minutes and so they weren't forced to overdo it.

#2526 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 24012 posts

Posted 21 July 2020 - 11:58 PM

I found it weird that this episode lacked IV Klore's ghost girl but the one with life drain has no problems playing sports out in daylight.

Though it turns out she's a succubus, not a vampire.

#2527 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 24012 posts

Posted 22 July 2020 - 02:36 AM

Not Symphogear, but the premise of Tokyo Dolls is pretty close to this as well.
They should totally go for anything else that's oddly similar and get like, Zombie Land Saga.

#2528 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 2387 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 09:46 AM

7hVQVPB.jpg

pIlxckU.jpg

tNEtjH1.jpg

Re:LiGHTs is not letting up on the jokes.

Edited by fourteenwings, 26 July 2020 - 09:46 AM.

#2529 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 24012 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 07:35 AM

vhNddfU.jpg

Can't say I expected to find this particular historical reference in Digimon..

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 27 July 2020 - 07:41 AM.

#2530 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 2387 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 12:04 AM

Photon Maiden sound like something I could grow to like, though I could give or take the English parts.

#2531 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 15020 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 06:43 AM

I thought it felt a bit off with the quieter/slower tones of the sung parts and the fast techno beat in the background.

#2532 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 2387 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 08:28 AM

Yeah, I think you might be right about that, but a lot of EDM is built on disparate nonsense with the intention of being catchy and weird rather than sane.

I can't wait for the ballad that sounds like it was ripped off from a Marshmello compilation.

#2533 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 24012 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 08:49 AM

HQrNQaP.png

Ken is such a goofy bad guy with how he straight up says that his plan is to use his OC donut steel.

#2534 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Turn your back on fate and write your own story

• Supporter
  • 48111 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 28 July 2020 - 03:37 PM

And then it's literally made from parts of other Digimon stitched together. Kimeramon really is a bad OC made official.

#2535 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 24012 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 08:38 PM

It's gonna be so weird when Digimon Last Evolution is out on blu-ray and everyone finally gets to see the farewell story for the original characters

while it's already months into the reboot version.

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 28 July 2020 - 09:02 PM.

#2536 Logicron

Logicron

The Crab Out Of Space

• Citizen
  • 35606 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 06:55 PM

Kimeramon's evolved form looks a lot better.

Also even this scary monster rabbit is afraid of Minase:

#2537 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 2387 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 12:34 AM

[jolts with life]

As the resident Aikatsu! Onii-san, I was shocked, floored and all around bamboozled by the announcement of the franchise's latest series; Aikatsu Planet!

Aikatsu Planet! is a live-action dorama. I did actually notice that the logo in the BN Festival thing had a planet theme, but I thought it would be something like "Aikatsu! Around the World" rather than "Aikatsu! But IRL girls use Avatars."

It's like regular Aikatsu! but with all the anime bits replaced with live action, so the 3DCG performances are the same.

I wonder how this will work for the game since in the game they use the CG models to tell the story, and obviously live-action girls will look weird doing repetitive motions unlike CG models.

When I said I wanted the exclusive units back, I really didn't mean I wanted them to take over the whole show!

I know TakaraTomy/avex/EXILE GROUP found a lot of success with Girls x Senshi, but I don't think that'll transfer clearly to a pure idol thing. I mean obviously I really hope it works and I'll be watching it subbed or not but it's certainly a leap.

I wonder if this is not only to get cheaper production aside from the CG performances, but to also appeal more to the Aikatsu! Onii-sans. The actresses they picked are way older than the ones from Idol x Senshi, and the lead actress/lead performer from the new unit already has a self-intro video on the main Aikatsu! YouTube (apparently she used to play OG Aikatsu! and still has her pass from around Akari Generation/2015).

Way more thoughts under the tag;
Spoiler

Right before I went to sleep last night, because I never stop thinking about Aikatsu!, I realized that Aikatsu Planet! may actually just be a reskin of DataCarddass Digimon Universe Applimon. I remember an Applimon video where they showed it off, and the battle screen that flashed briefly during the Aikatsu Planet! PV looked at lot like the Applimon one.

It then occurred to me that Swing are possibly just Applimon chips but turned diagonally. I have to do more research into DataCarddass Applimon before I can confirm but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Then it occurred to me that Aikatsu! may become Digimon; a successful Bamco franchise that went awry (Friends! for Aikatsu!, Frontier or Savers or Xros Wars or Applimon for Digimon) and so they just keep rebooting it weird in hopes that something will stick.

Edited by fourteenwings, 12 August 2020 - 12:36 AM.

#2538 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 24012 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 06:12 AM

I just wanna bring up here that "real life" idoling has some ridiculous wacky stuff going on. Hipster production company Wack started open auditions. As in open to anybody who can use social media, even if they're not Japanese.

These contestant intros sure are something:

Once again I have decided to participate in an audition. I don’t want to regret anything so i’ll do my best to finish things to the very end. This will be my 10th time, so I definitely want to pass.

Recently, I created a fashion brand called “I don’t know”. Why? Because I don’t know what kind of clothing I want to make.

I'm starting to suspect this is a scam to just get ridiculous audition clips, considering that the only end date for the audition process is "the end of Covid-19’s reign of terror".

#2539 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 2387 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 10:22 AM

Isn't like 60% of what WACK do publicity stunts? I bet this unit will actually be announced, but then they'll disband after two days.

I thought that Photon Maiden's sound in D4DJ would be similar to the EDM-lite feeling I'd posted here, but it's actually really jazzy. At points they sound like Merm4id but with shorter songs.

Obviously, Peaky P-key are just Symphogear but with more obvious tongue-in-cheek attitudes, but I did not expect every Happy Around song to also briefly turn into Symphogear around the 1:10 mark.

Overall, it seems the franchise is centered more around the various forms of Electronica, rather than "EDM".

The series is about to do it's first cover mini-album, and I know that Happy Around have done a cover of DAYS and Peaky P-key have done a cover of Shounen Heart and as an Eureka Seven fan I really want those released soon. Photon Maiden did a cover of Blue Field, the Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio song, which going by what I've heard from the first and second album makes a lot of sense.

Happy Around have also done a cover of Moonlight Densetsu which is like, the most obvious song, but Merm4id have done one of Cutey Honey, which is unexpected. RONDO have done the most covers in game, but not many I care about. The only one I do care about is Rising Hope, by LiSA, the OP for Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei.

Lyrical Lily have like, one song total so far, so obviously they haven't done a cover.

I never knew Bushiroad would be catering to my anison cover needs so thoroughly.

#2540 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 24012 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 10:17 AM

gp9aAHz.jpg

I started reading Quest of the Holy Grail.

Just from the start, it does seem related to what would lead to Malory's Le Morte d'Arthur, even though I only read the first half of that.

One hilarious bit in just the first chapter is Kay pointing out how every feast day involves Arthur getting interrupted by something kicking off an adventure. This became a running gag in Malory's.

Bors and Lionel just immediately figure out who Galahad is because he looks like Lancelot, and I have to wonder how goofy other mythologies would get if people noticed physical resemblance. Like "oh, is that another kid of Zeus?".

Galahad is apparently so confident that he arrives at Camelot without a sword, because he knows he can pull the sword from the floating stone, which can only be drawn by the greatest knight ever.

The Holy Grail actually appears in the first chapter, magically floating into the dining hall and putting food there before vanishing. This prompts all 150 knights of the Round Table to swear they'll go on a quest to find it. Seems like they just split up into small groups and headed out without really having any clues to go by, which just makes them seem like idiots.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users