Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Benbot : (26 June 2019 - 03:27 PM)

new episodes are up?

@  Boomhauer : (26 June 2019 - 01:30 PM)

The voice acting bothers me less than the weird-as-hell timing on the action. Entire show feels like its paced like a internet cartoon.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (25 June 2019 - 10:12 PM)

It's like drawing someone in the "superhero landing" pose. It's just part of the cultural vocabulary at this point.

@  Arazyr : (25 June 2019 - 07:14 PM)

I can hear that post... *shudder*

@  B-Fox : (25 June 2019 - 06:09 PM)

So why does Cyberverse sound like . . . *that*?

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 04:05 PM)

Also, the theoretical new image would be a new compostion, it would just be individual bodies, or even just body parts, that are based on existing references by other creators, with the major caveat that there is more than one example for each reference so it's basically more like "following an established trend" than "copying someone's original creation".

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 04:03 PM)

Well, an homage is usually marked by a signature along the lines of "artist X after artist Y". I wasn't thinking about recreating something particularly memorable, just looking for reference images (just of a pose/perspective/layout) that looks like what I want, then finding more examples that just happen to look very similar, and it cannot be determined which version came "first".

@  ZakuConvoy : (25 June 2019 - 03:09 PM)

What you're describing is more an "homage" than plagiarism, really. I'm assuming you would be using different characters. It's basically like all the comic covers that homage the death of Supergirl cover from Crisis on Infinite Earths...but with different characters. It's not plagiarism, it's a reference. But if several artists have a memorable layout and are all using it, chances are it actually is referencing something memorably original.

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:56 PM)

Would that still qualify as plagiarism? After all, it could be argued that what I've recreated isn't that original to begin with since several other people have supposedly had the same general idependently from each other.

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:54 PM)

And I were then to create a new image, not traced but maybe "swiped", except I wouldn't copy a specific source image, but merely recreate the basic pose and perspective shared between all of them...

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:52 PM)

*deleted*

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:49 PM)

And out of sheer coincidence, they all feature very similar ideas, concepts, poses and/or perspectives, supposedly with none of the original creators having copied from one of the others...

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:47 PM)

Assuming I were to find not one but two, three, four or even more source images, all of them by different artists, or by different photographers depicting different models...

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:45 PM)

Just out of curiosity, a question regarding the concept of plagiarism:

@  Benbot : (25 June 2019 - 08:58 AM)

That game needs a remake

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (25 June 2019 - 08:57 AM)

I am Error.

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 June 2019 - 08:17 AM)

There is no error. There is only Zuul.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (25 June 2019 - 07:51 AM)

The unicron singularity fixes all continuity errors.. including Power Rangers related ones now!

@  MEDdMI : (25 June 2019 - 07:06 AM)

I reject your canon and substitute my own

@  unluckiness : (25 June 2019 - 12:32 AM)

Answer: It doesn't matter because even if there was one, it was never relevant in S1 and it got blown up with his original body

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 June 2019 - 10:55 PM)

Most people think Transformers canon is a series of discrete parallel lines, really it's more like a big ball of canony-wanony... stuff.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 June 2019 - 06:31 PM)

Hate to say this, but the simple answer is that you are thinking too hard and realistically, it does not matter.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 June 2019 - 04:57 PM)

Don't tell me what to do.

@  Paladin : (24 June 2019 - 04:16 PM)

don't cross the streams.

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 03:03 PM)

Or is this what AVP meant when he said that condradictory streams formed the JG1 timeline?

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 02:25 PM)

I don't like that idea.

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 02:24 PM)

In Ask Vector Prime, it was mentioned that in the Beast Wars 2 universe, Convoys all have Energon Matrices and that when Optimus Primal from the Japanese Beast Wars stream was transported to the Beast Wars 2 stream, his history was subtly altered that he too possessed an Energon Matrix. What does this mean? That Beast Wars 2 is actually not canon to the Japanese Beast Wars?

@  MEDdMI : (24 June 2019 - 08:54 AM)

yeah, I've got a few others that I need to check out/get removed. The nose one is small but annoying since I hit it every time I blow my nose.

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2019 - 08:46 AM)

Try to get a histopath examination if it isn't too expensive over there. It's probably just a mole but I'd think certainty would be better.

@  MEDdMI : (24 June 2019 - 07:59 AM)

@unluckiness I know, plan to get it removed but gotta get an appt first

@  Gizmoboy : (24 June 2019 - 07:50 AM)

oops... typed that in the wrong field. :)

@  Gizmoboy : (24 June 2019 - 07:50 AM)

gizmoboy

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2019 - 03:18 AM)

That is not a good thing, especially in the long term

@  MEDdMI : (23 June 2019 - 10:17 PM)

So who wants to hear about this mole on my nose that I keep scratching open

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 June 2019 - 09:24 PM)

Yeah, it's kind of defeating the purpose of making political discussions more restricted if you're just gonna go at it elsewhere on this site.

@  Telly : (23 June 2019 - 07:06 PM)

that would probly fit better in the p & r thread. its there for things just like this

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:29 PM)

The citizens resisted by buying up all the town's beer reserves so the Nazis would have to stay sober the entire time.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:28 PM)

Meanwhile, congratulations civil resistance, part 2: So a group of Nazis were holding one of their Good Old Times Reenactment festivals in a small East German town.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:26 PM)

It's basically like an anti-Trump candidate winning Texas.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:25 PM)

The mayoral elections of Istanbul are considered to be a key indicator for the political climate in the entire country.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:24 PM)

This time, it was a landslide victory for the opposition's candidate.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:23 PM)

After president Erdogan had a court revoke the results of the mayoral election of Istanbul after the opposition party's candidate had won by a small margin, the election was repeated today.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:21 PM)

Congratulations, democracy part 1: Today is a historic day for Turkey.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 June 2019 - 02:31 PM)

Convert, does he timeout?

@  unluckiness : (23 June 2019 - 09:12 AM)

Did he form the feet and legs or the arms and body?

@  Patch : (22 June 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Nah, he was one of the Lions

@  MEDdMI : (22 June 2019 - 04:45 PM)

Is he a Shellformer

@  Nevermore : (22 June 2019 - 12:38 PM)

Supposedly it's about that football player Calvin Johnson.

@  Pennpenn : (22 June 2019 - 07:03 AM)

I'm vaguely confused why there is a Nicki Minaj song in my youtube reccomendations, but even more confused as to why that song (which appears to be from an official account) is called "MEGATRON".

@  Liege : (21 June 2019 - 10:03 PM)

Alpha Q all night long.

Photo

Spider-Man: Into The Spider Verse

212 replies to this topic

#181 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 7930 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:59 AM

I also briefly wondered whether I'd accidentally wandered into a 3D showing. But after a while I started to appreciate the effect of the blurry backgrounds. It made the characters in the foregound pop even more, not having the backgrounds be of the same visual clarity.

Is prowler that powerful and bad ass in the comics?

Prowler, whether original or Ultimate version, has never been one tenth as awesome as he was here. :)

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/

#182 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 27912 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:18 AM

Hated the animation for the first 1/4 or so. Not sure if it was suppose to be emulating a comic strip look where the color printing is not properly lined up with the inking, or if my showing was accidentally showing the 3d version, but it absolutely looked like a 3d movie without glasses, and was really grating on the eyes. I didn't notice it later on.

Yeh I experienced the same thing, my eyes kept trying to focus on the double images, very distracting.

Same here. Blue and red borders on everyone until they stopped later.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#183 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 6924 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:11 PM

I didn't notice anything like that!

WsuGTl1.jpg

#184 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16980 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:26 PM

Me either. Striking unique art style but nothing blurry or out of focus at all.

-ZacWilliam, my showing was damn beautiful from beginning to end.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#185 tec

tec

Put a little spring in your step

• Supporter
  • 30451 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:34 PM

Same if there was an issue I would have been the one to fix it since Im one of the few people who can work a projection booth :D And I worked there 8 years

Edited by tec, 12 January 2019 - 05:35 PM.

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#186 ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace

I have approximate knowledge of many things

• Retired Staff
  • 22987 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:47 PM

I saw the same thing in the background the first couple of outside scenes, like when Miles was in his dad's cop car. Seemed to be imitating the separated-color comic book printing process. It was a bit hard to look at, but then the rest of the movie was fine, so either it stopped or I got used to it.

#187 BlitzwingHaz

BlitzwingHaz

"Wooo! I'm freaking out!"

• Citizen
  • 16304 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:55 PM

I remember noticing it before miles got bitten by the spider

#188 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64872 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 12:28 AM

It was visually the most stunning movie I have ever seen.

ACItEK8.png

#189 Broadside

Broadside

Crack Calibre Laser-Blazer Broadside

• Staff
  • 10917 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 13 January 2019 - 12:41 PM

It was mostly used in the foreground to emphasise moments like Miles' freakout over his uncle being the Prowler, which I thought was a nice touch.

3nAcIwa.png

#190 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28313 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 12:52 PM

I attended a 3D showing but after 20-30 minutes my eyes gave up. Great while it lasted but various bits were muddy for me. In particular, the whole 'goober' scene where Miles and Peter argue on the wall.

#191 BlitzwingHaz

BlitzwingHaz

"Wooo! I'm freaking out!"

• Citizen
  • 16304 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:02 AM

Meant to say was it s bit juddery near the start for folk as well? Like missing animation frames

#192 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64872 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:43 AM

Meant to say was it s bit juddery near the start for folk as well? Like missing animation frames

They purposely used a lower frame rate at times to give off this effect.

ACItEK8.png

#193 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

I've gotta make the world know my name...

• Citizen
  • 3707 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 16 January 2019 - 03:17 AM

yeah, something like 24 frames per second, instead of the usual 48, so every second theres 2 of every frame to give it more of a comic book feel.

Edited by D Immortalis, 16 January 2019 - 03:17 AM.

_+-=-+DAEMON IMMORTALIS+-=-+_

Day One is over, The Future's approaching
The embers are glowing, we're spreading the ash

#194 Ya Kid K MK VII

Ya Kid K MK VII

Mic check onetwo onetwo

• Supporter
  • 4140 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:24 PM

Not trying to be the token downer, but I took everyone's advice and was pretty bored for it. Didn't really enjoy this one
Not awful. Just...eh.

#195 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

Hello, world

• Supporter
  • 19290 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:41 PM

yeah, something like 24 frames per second, instead of the usual 48, so every second theres 2 of every frame to give it more of a comic book feel.

It's actually a bit more complicated than that. 

The film is animated at the full 48 frames.

Backgrounds are full motion, updating each of those 48 frames to retain a smooth sense of transition.

Characters are animated at 24 frames, to create that "flipbook" look to their motion.  However, character timings are staggered.  So for instance, if Miles moves on one frame, then Peter will move the next, and they'll alternate for the scene.  This way there's always something moving on screen.

Also, there's no motion blurring at all in the movie.  They actually animated in speed lines and colour smears just like the comic art when they needed to imply rapid movement.

Edited by mx-01 archon, 07 February 2019 - 10:42 PM.

#196 Wildwade

Wildwade

No, no. Finish sounding dumb, I'll wait.

• Citizen
  • 2643 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 06:42 AM

Not trying to be the token downer, but I took everyone's advice and was pretty bored for it. Didn't really enjoy this one
Not awful. Just...eh.

Do we need to travel to Outworld and reclaim your soul from Shang Tsung?

#197 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 27659 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:53 AM

Some people are just...bored with movies I guess.

Ironbite-not his fault his soul is damaged.

xC9l3eY.gif

#198 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8274 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:35 AM

It's not a perfect movie. I still have nitpicks (like the not-naming and the non-iconic turning point) but it was still awesome overall.

Hmm, but now that I think about it, was it kinda slow at the start? With the character background (before Miles went to the underground?) if isn't someone you don't relate off the bat? I thought it was kinda funny that he was 'kid from the hood who suddenly hit it big and got into a private school'. That's not too common, I think. Unless it's folks dreaming about it.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#199 Ms Virion

Ms Virion

I live again...

• Retired Staff
  • 18779 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 09:52 PM

Oscar winning Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

#200 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 27912 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 02:06 PM

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users