Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  unluckiness : (16 June 2019 - 01:20 AM)

And for hug's sake, I hope that the new Fire Emblem's PC isn't one of the DLC

@  Sean Whitmore : (15 June 2019 - 04:11 PM)

Smash Bros could never touch a new franchise again, and I'd still have laundry lists of side characters and villains I'd love to see included.

@  unluckiness : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

DINNER

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

cuz i wanna fight a boat

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:35 AM)

if we must have another zelda character, id want the king of red lion

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 10:38 PM)

I would unironically love Tingle in Smash.

@  Paladin : (14 June 2019 - 02:06 PM)

they HAVE to put Travis Touchdown in at some point now, right???

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 June 2019 - 01:24 PM)

Right after Shaq.

@  Locoman : (14 June 2019 - 12:36 PM)

When will we get Bluster Kong in Smash?

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 08:20 AM)

The last three DLC characters are Tingle, Charles Barkley and L Tetris block with Reverse L Tetris block as an Echo fighter.

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Pipe dream Smash entry: The Prince from the Katamari series. :D

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 06:35 AM)

The space/time around them gets frozen too! ....or something.

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 06:01 AM)

I still want to find out how freezing people suspends them in midair

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 June 2019 - 02:45 AM)

We really need Subzero or Scorpion in Smash. Violence aside, they are pretty big gaming icons as well.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 08:18 PM)

Given Nintendo's relationship with Tecmo, I'm still waiting for Ryu Hyabusa

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 June 2019 - 07:19 PM)

I'm still waiting for Doomguy.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 06:47 PM)

I just started watching High School DxD (don't judge me...) and I caught on the Nintendo Treehouse some request Rias for Smash lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 June 2019 - 11:25 AM)

I have having to watch a video to find out why someone wanted me to watch the video

@  Nevermore : (11 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

I remember when the TPB for The Dark Age 2 was delayed for an entire year...

@  Trpodeca : (11 June 2019 - 03:55 AM)

I just wish they'd release the Astro City paperback trades.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:31 AM)

As an open-minded heterosexual, I wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:29 AM)

Currently in the process of re-reading Kurt Busiek's Astro City. Big props for the issue featuring the "Dancing Master" and its portrayal of non-stereotypical gay characters.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 June 2019 - 05:25 AM)

Don't phone charges often contain special rapid charge circuitry, though? The voltage might be higher too, given the selfie stick probably has a very basic battery.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 11:28 PM)

Glad to be of assistance!

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 10:32 PM)

*checks selfie stick and phone charger* huh. perfect fit. thanks!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 09:58 PM)

I would use the USB-to-AC adapter that came with my iPhone, though I gather you must have a different brand of cell phone.

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:42 PM)

In that case a generic adapter is probably your best bet, then. Keep in mind a lot of hotels now have plain USB outlets in rooms too, though; but I guess that's not guaranteed

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 05:31 PM)

yeah, i just need something small to plug into the wall. im not sure im taking my laptop on my trip later this year and i want a way to charge my stuff

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:04 PM)

They also have wall outlets with built-in USB in addition to the two regular plugs; I installed those around my place so I have USB ports everywhere

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:02 PM)

You might be able to get a generic adapter to use with it at Radio Shack if you know the appropriate voltages or whatever

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:01 PM)

It came with a USB cable with no AC adapter? A lot of lower priced electronics do that, presumably assuming that USB is pretty ubiquitous

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:00 PM)

Yeah, must be, I guess.

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:59 PM)

maybe having bluetooth has something to do with it?

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

the one i got has an on/off button, and came with a usb to attach to my laptop to charge it. its this one https://www.walmart....ility/432985497

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 04:51 PM)

Selfie sticks have power? I thought they were to just hold the phone away from you

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:44 PM)

need some technical help.how do i charge my selfie stick without using my laptop? is there some kind of portable charger? i know it sounds like a dumb question, but i dont know very much about this stuff

@  MEDdMI : (08 June 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Different songs or overdosing don't work for me. My brain can play multiple songs at once. Best to do something else to distract me.

@  Xellos : (08 June 2019 - 05:36 PM)

Still, the worst is having the last song I hear before going into work being stuck in my head all day.

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 June 2019 - 05:00 PM)

Get a different song stuck in your head too. Let them battle for supremacy. Only the strong survive.

@  Nevermore : (08 June 2019 - 03:53 PM)

Keep listening to it over and over until you got the lyrics memorized. By that point, it will start to fade out of your system.

@  Nevermore : (08 June 2019 - 02:48 PM)

I've discovered the easiest cure for having a song stuck in your head is overdosing to the point of fatigue.

@  Steevy Maximus : (08 June 2019 - 12:27 PM)

Jedi Fallen Order sure does look a LOT like a Souls style game with Star Wars flavoring

@  Kalidor : (07 June 2019 - 06:18 PM)

I have a hard time believing that you speaking at length and with great detail is something you wouldn't be good at. Glad you had fun.

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:51 PM)

Funny thing is I wasn't nervous at all. Might have helped that I was able to speak freely due to having assembled my speech from a lot of smaller segments I had previously told to my colleagues on the shopfloor, with a few punchlines added.

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:49 PM)

Allegedly I did well. Lots of applause, and was told I was leagues beyond the guy who spoke before me (though that wasn't difficult, that guy was dry as a river on Mars).

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:48 PM)

So I volunteered to hold a small speech at our strike assembly today (lots of Amazon employees, plus some people from IKEA, Smyths toys and some other local retailers).

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 June 2019 - 01:17 PM)

Today Dolly the Sheep and Super Salmon, tomorrow Neo Sapiens. We're through the looking glass people.

@  Kalidor : (07 June 2019 - 12:55 PM)

Happy birthday @Pinkcolliebot

@  Pinkcolliebot : (07 June 2019 - 12:03 PM)

Today's My Birthday!!!

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 June 2019 - 03:16 AM)

Think how many copies of Optimus Prime's brain could fit on that.

Photo

Dark Phoenix - X-Men movie discussion

188 replies to this topic

#121 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64814 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 05 March 2019 - 02:43 PM

The costumes at the end of Apocalypse were great.

Too bad we didn't get those.

ACItEK8.png

#122 Ya Kid K MK VII

Ya Kid K MK VII

Mic check onetwo onetwo

• Supporter
  • 4133 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 05 March 2019 - 08:47 PM

I will never understand those missed costume opportunities after MCU showed that they don't ruin a movie.

Bring on the MCU X-men. Or just the Disney-Marvel-owned X-men.

#123 SoS

SoS
  • Administrator
  • 5143 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 09:19 PM

To be honest I'm not even going to bother watching Dark Phoenix. Why in the world would I want to watch another Phoenix movie written by the same guy who gave us X-Men: The Last Stand? No, thanks.

--SoS

#124 Telly

Telly

Killing forums since 1999!

• Retired Staff
  • 7857 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 05 March 2019 - 10:42 PM

Not to mention they picked 2 boring people to play jean and scott
When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#125 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 36085 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 10:43 PM

To be honest I'm not even going to bother watching Dark Phoenix. Why in the world would I want to watch another Phoenix movie written by the same guy who gave us X-Men: The Last Stand? No, thanks.

--SoS

Really, if you want the concept told better should just go watch Umbrella Academy on Netflix. Probably much more enjoyable then this would be.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#126 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 36085 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 10:51 PM

Not to mention they picked 2 boring people to play jean and scott

Just further homage to X3...

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#127 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14581 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 09:08 AM

Full title:

Dark Phoenix: Dead X-Men Walking

Yep.

#128 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 38812 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 06 March 2019 - 04:45 PM

I really don't plan on seeing this until it hits a clearance sale or a Black Friday deal for it pops up. I am just not a fan of Sophia Turner as Jean Grey, and the trailer doesn't do anything to make me want to see this storyline ruined again.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#129 Caldwin

Caldwin

Waaaaaaah!

• Supporter
  • 24179 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 06 March 2019 - 05:55 PM

I'll probably get the bluray just as a complete the collection type thing. But I don't plan on seeing it in the theater and my hopes continue to stay low.
PSN = Caldwin
Wii U = Caldwin
Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029
3DS = 5370-0412-9068

Before you do anything you can't undo...
National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#130 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3137 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 07:52 PM

I will never understand those missed costume opportunities after MCU showed that they don't ruin a movie.

Bring on the MCU X-men. Or just the Disney-Marvel-owned X-men.

Sorry but this came to mind upon seeing that:

I never had much of a problem with the X-men movie costumes, at least the first trilogy ones, the ones for First class and beyond, I just don't like, to retro and not that good, to me, I hope they find a balance in the new timeline that the MCU will create, something that pleases the old school fans but also fit the world. Of course, we can likely all agree upon the real star of the Fox's X-men has been Huge Jackman whose role as Logan, AKA the Wolverine has been its break out star!

Dark Phoenix, I'll likely see on DVD, its not a movie I want to go to cinemas to see, from what I gathered about the behind the scenes, its been a bit of a mess and test screenings haven't gone well with fans, we'll see, it might be that the movie doesn't make its budget back!

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#131 SoS

SoS
  • Administrator
  • 5143 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 11:21 PM

--SoS

Really, if you want the concept told better should just go watch Umbrella Academy on Netflix. Probably much more enjoyable then this would be.

Oh, I have been watching and it's quite good. :)

--SoS

#132 Telly

Telly

Killing forums since 1999!

• Retired Staff
  • 7857 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 06 March 2019 - 11:32 PM

I'll probably get the bluray just as a complete the collection type thing. But I don't plan on seeing it in the theater and my hopes continue to stay low.

thats how i am. ive got all the other x-men movies, so ill probly get this one too. may or may not see it in the theater. probly see it if im doing anything else when its showing

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#133 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 36085 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 01:31 AM

thats how i am. ive got all the other x-men movies, so ill probly get this one too. may or may not see it in the theater. probly see it if im doing anything else when its showing

Yeah, I own them all in some form as well and My whole issue with this, is that these CAN be really great movies. There are more good x-men movies then bad ones. I just reminded myself of that tonight with Days of Future Past. But the fact that they seem to be remaking X3, which on the surface I can't blame them... but doing so by generally making the same mistakes as the first time, just without the cure plot line. And I just don't know who thought that was a good idea. Everyone involves knows the X3 was horrible and no one liked it... To  the point that even DoFP doesn't seem to acknowledge it aside from the stuff with Jean so why do it the exact same and not try to be different?

Which is the thing, the Pheonix saga is one of the biggest most memorable storylines in the franchise... it could have easily been their big event movie. But they're not using anything from it. They strip away everything that elevated it into being something really original and unique and don't replace it with anything. That's what really makes DoFP great. Its only vaguly the original story, but they make it work by sticking true to the important parts while doing their own thing. And it seems a shame that this might be what the FoX-men franchise is ending on.

Edited by Shadewing, 07 March 2019 - 01:32 AM.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#134 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

• Retired Staff
  • 14581 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 10:45 AM

There are more good x-men movies then bad ones.

When was the last time you watched the whole series? Because objectively one and two haven't aged well, AT ALL, then we have Last Stand and Origins: Wolverine, which aren't anything to hand your hat on. Then we have First Class, the one of only two films here that I would call GREAT. Matthew Vaughn did so much to right the universe but when we got The Wolverine, which is middling at most.

Then they brought back Singer for Days of Future Past who immediately messed with every character that Matthew Vaughn had set up in First Class and went straight back to ugly black leather and getting Hugh Jackson as shirtless as possible. I'll forgive people who think Days of Future Past is entertaining, but again, not well structured or not a technically well made film. Then we get Deadpool, which most seemed to love, followed by the complete train-wreck and waste of time that was Apocalypse. Finally, we got Logan, the other film that I would call GREAT, followed by Deadpool 2, which was mildly entertaining but a far cry from the first film's heights.

If bad=0 okay=1 and great=2, the X-Men franchise is at 9/22.

Edited by PiratedTVPro, 07 March 2019 - 10:51 AM.

Yep.

#135 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64814 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 11:25 AM

Is it wrong that "The Wolverine" is my favorite X-Men film?

Followed by "Days of Future Past" and "Logan".

I don't count Deadpool because he's too far separated from the regular X-Men films.

ACItEK8.png

#136 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 36085 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 01:21 PM

There are more good x-men movies then bad ones.

When was the last time you watched the whole series? Because objectively one and two haven't aged well, AT ALL, then we have Last Stand and Origins: Wolverine, which aren't anything to hand your hat on. Then we have First Class, the one of only two films here that I would call GREAT. Matthew Vaughn did so much to right the universe but when we got The Wolverine, which is middling at most.

Then they brought back Singer for Days of Future Past who immediately messed with every character that Matthew Vaughn had set up in First Class and went straight back to ugly black leather and getting Hugh Jackson as shirtless as possible. I'll forgive people who think Days of Future Past is entertaining, but again, not well structured or not a technically well made film. Then we get Deadpool, which most seemed to love, followed by the complete train-wreck and waste of time that was Apocalypse. Finally, we got Logan, the other film that I would call GREAT, followed by Deadpool 2, which was mildly entertaining but a far cry from the first film's heights.

If bad=0 okay=1 and great=2, the X-Men franchise is at 9/22.

The first one hasn't aged well, but I still wouldn't call it a bad movie. X2 I still think is one of the better films. Both of which are still part of the foundation of why the MCU exists as it does today. They're like the 70's Superman films, not amazing by today's  standards but still aren't bad films and are important in the history of comic book movies. X3 and Origins are both horrible. First Class is really well done, DoFP I feel is amazing, I have some minor issues with it but I still think its one of the better ones they've done. Both Deadpools are really good, but I slightly prefer the second one. Not watched Apocalypse or The Wolverine yet.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#137 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64814 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 01:34 PM

Yeah, none of the MCU would exist without the X-Men series proving that superhero movies like this could be done.

Things like Batman & Robin being not too old when the first X-Men film came out.

ACItEK8.png

#138 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

• Retired Staff
  • 14581 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 03:31 PM

Yeah, none of the MCU would exist without the X-Men series proving that superhero movies like this could be done.

Things like Batman & Robin being not too old when the first X-Men film came out.

I know everyone loves saying that buy if you look at the MCU the film where it really got its structure and tone from 2002's Spider-Man, and not the X-Men at all. X-Men made $300M worldwide, while Spider-Man made $821M worldwide and laid out that basic structure for every MCU film going forward, especially Iron Man.

Yep.

#139 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64814 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 04:26 PM

True.  But did Spiderman exist due to the success of X-Men?

ACItEK8.png

#140 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 36085 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 04:50 PM

True.  But did Spiderman exist due to the success of X-Men?

I feel its a teired system and not a solo release. Superman manages to show show that they aren't just characters for serials, Batman at least manages  to show there is more to him then Adam West while still being the first peek into the idea that the movies can be dark and mature but still fun. Then things kinds go sideways in the 90's, then Blade and X-Men, followed by Spider-man all help support elements we see more widely today. Blade wasn't a character most would know of being a comic character, but still managed a strong film, much like how MCU operates. X-men is the first recognizable team movie managing to introduce about  11 characters (8 if you don't count Toad, Sabertooth (both barely characters and never seen again, least like this) or Iceman who is barely in this movie but still be a player for 3 more films) fairly effectively, not saying it was flawless just effective, while building a world people want to see more of, and again preforms very well and proves that comic movies don't have to be ridiculous and still be grounded while doing fantastic things. Spider-Man proves that you can do a colorful hero, and still have fun, while not dipping into the camp of the 90's comic movies. Each are steps.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users