Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Telly : (21 October 2019 - 05:17 PM)

nevermind

@  Shrug : (21 October 2019 - 04:59 PM)

I've barely used them over the years, so I'm sure they won't miss me, but I'm done too. Thankfully Pulse put up the Seacons today.

@  Telly : (21 October 2019 - 04:58 PM)

i didnt complete it, which is why this is confusing and pi$$ing me off. theres no record of it in my order history. i emailed them about it, so we will see what happens. either way, i think im done using them after this

@  Shrug : (21 October 2019 - 04:55 PM)

Either we're both unlucky or they're trying to force payment now for these takaratomy mall exclusives.

I asked them to kindly undo that and I got a sternly worded email about how I should use their website right.

Yeah, if you completed the order, they charged you the money now. Mine said stack before I finished checking out. I only noticed I was charged because of Paypal.

@  Telly : (21 October 2019 - 04:53 PM)

i wasnt even wanting to pay now. i was going to add them to my stack but i didnt get the chance after i was done setting up paypal

@  Shrug : (21 October 2019 - 04:53 PM)

If you haven't officially placed the order, I don't think so? Although, I had to request a cancellation with them last week because their system changed details about my order after I placed it, so I don't exactly trust them.

@  Telly : (21 October 2019 - 04:51 PM)

so im not actually being charged then?

@  Shrug : (21 October 2019 - 04:48 PM)

So, if you were one click away from purchasing, then they probably did the pre-authorization already. The next click will charge you the money now.

@  Shrug : (21 October 2019 - 04:47 PM)

TFsource charges upfront for regular pre-orders.

@  Telly : (21 October 2019 - 04:45 PM)

i was considering buying the upcoming seacons from tfsource. i had them in my cart and was on the checkout page. i set up a credit card through paypal, and before i even hit the "place order" button, i got a text saying that a charge or hold was placed on my card! is this normal? is it just checking to see if i have the money? why did it do it before i even placed the order??

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 October 2019 - 01:23 PM)

It's a torture device.

@  Benbot : (21 October 2019 - 09:42 AM)

what's this about Hot Rod?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 October 2019 - 10:36 PM)

Ex-Bundeswehr personnel, eh? Fascinating.

@  Pinkcolliebot : (20 October 2019 - 09:43 PM)

TF Roll Out Hot Rod's Presentation is coming real soon!!

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 01:05 PM)

So whenever he addresses his troops, he keeps cracking jokes. Sometimes these jokes are about the blunders he himself had made in his speech the previous day.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 01:01 PM)

At the moment, I'm blessed with a pretty nice superior. He's got a military background, but he takes an oddly entertaining approach to it. Imagine a stand-up comedian who accidentally enlisted as a drill sergeant.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 12:54 PM)

Another type of everyday absurdity: Imagine you're leaving your workplace for your lunchbreak. Upon your return, you discover that your workplace has been cordened and/or gated off during your break, with "construction site" warning signs everywhere. You go to your superior and tell him: "I can no longer access my workplace! Why is there suddenly a construction site?" Your superior takes a surpised look and says: "I don't know, first time I see this." You figure: "Must be a Tuesday, then."

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 12:51 PM)

It's kind of surreal, really.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 12:50 PM)

They agree that things are less than ideal, but they acknowledge that their scope of making decisions is limited. Oddly, I keep getting that regardless of how high up the chain of command I bother people.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 12:49 PM)

"I hear you, but you know how it is, there's nothing I can do about it." That's it, basically.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 October 2019 - 06:40 AM)

What's it like to have management that's willing to listen to things they don't want to hear? I've never seen that.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:41 AM)

I manage to argue within the company's own internal logic and point out the flaws, shortcomings and discrepancies between "official company policy" and "everyday company reality".

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:40 AM)

Many of my coworkers are scared to even talk to managers. I often discuss company matters with them I disagree with, and it isn't a rare occurrence that they say "yeah, you're right..."

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:38 AM)

I know how to watch my tone, and I prefer to keep things straightforward and factual, never to attack the person, always the problem itself.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:37 AM)

The good thing for me is ever since a minor hiccup many years ago when I was still non-permanent, I've always managed to along just fine with my various superiors (I've been through over a dozen already). And that's despite my outspokenness, my blunt honesty and my oftentimes harsh criticism.

@  Sabrblade : (18 October 2019 - 11:04 PM)

With visuals presented by the Cybernet Space Cube

@  Dekafox : (18 October 2019 - 04:51 PM)

And don't forget to sign up for a cybersecurity seminar while you're there

@  Dekafox : (18 October 2019 - 04:47 PM)

Well you can always strap on some cyberlimbs and go into cyberspace for a cyberpunk experience

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 October 2019 - 04:28 PM)

You know that "cyber" doesn't mean "cyborg", right?

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 October 2019 - 04:16 PM)

So where's the Cyborgs on CYBERtron?

@  The Doctor Who : (18 October 2019 - 03:47 PM)

Click here and we can send you notifications about your desire to discontinue notifications!

@  Benbot : (18 October 2019 - 10:40 AM)

Why does every damn website want to send me notifications? NO, no one wants your popups! Quit asking!

@  Echowarrior : (18 October 2019 - 09:19 AM)

Amazon in the US has pretty good benefits, though, and even the temp workers had forty hours a week to start with. Even with minimum wage, that's pretty good pay.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2019 - 01:20 AM)

Oh, the turnover rates are high here as well.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 October 2019 - 09:45 PM)

Amazon.com and .ca, on the other hand, can be pretty terrible. I know from your squawkbox posts that you guys have your issues with Amazon over there, although you're lucky to have stronger government regulations and a union there. I gather the warehouse workers in the USA and Canada have it pretty crappy, with very high turnover, close to minimum wage pay, and no unions

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 October 2019 - 09:38 PM)

Amazon.de doesn't really have the same issue. I've ordered from them (and UK, FR, IT and JP) several times, and their packaging is much better

@  Nevermore : (17 October 2019 - 05:22 PM)

I'm not sure how it works on the customer's end. As packers, we sometimes have items that are flagged as "overwrap", which means we absolutely have to put them into a box even if they're already in pretty sturdy manufacturer packaging.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 October 2019 - 03:05 PM)

Yeah, I really do wish amazon had an option to upgrade packaging for an extra buck or something. I hate their bubble mailers

@  Benbot : (17 October 2019 - 07:17 AM)

That's how it works. I just hope my order from Amazon doesn't arrive crushed because they idiotically stuffed it in an envelope.

@  Telly : (16 October 2019 - 10:48 PM)

my walmart is acting true to form. as soon as mirage arrives from amazon, my walmart gets his entire wave in after months of having wave 1 clogging the pegs....

@  Nevermore : (16 October 2019 - 05:18 PM)

I stirred up some trouble at work, complained about the blatant neglect of employee safety. Was asked to take photos and write down the locations so the matter could be properly escalated. Made me feel a little better.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 October 2019 - 02:55 PM)

I got stabbed in the eyelid by a mudwasp, pulled down a tree, and then got ice cream. You know, all told: not a bad day.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 October 2019 - 09:17 AM)

Burrunjor

@  Paladin : (15 October 2019 - 08:04 AM)

your mom.

@  Benbot : (15 October 2019 - 08:02 AM)

What's your favorite Paleolithic megafauna?

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:06 PM)

Together with the Rhino G1 sets, probably the most expensive DVDs I ever bought

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:01 PM)

I've still got the age-old Rhino sets

@  Telly : (14 October 2019 - 09:09 PM)

i didnt find that at any of the ones around here, so i had to settle for seasons 1 and 2 of duckman for $3

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

James Cameron's Alita is actually a real thing?!

401 replies to this topic

#341 tec

tec

Costume Goals

• Supporter
  • 31082 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 15 April 2019 - 12:51 PM

6/25? thats a bit of a wait *sigh* k

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#342 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65855 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 15 April 2019 - 01:21 PM

6/25? thats a bit of a wait *sigh* k

I figured May was likely, so June is surprising to me.

ACItEK8.png

#343 Xellos

Xellos

Go Home Club

• Citizen
  • 1269 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:14 PM

Perhaps a delay due to it being the last Fox movie and the changeover to Disney.
"Cry Havoc, and let slip the perspicacious death paw equipped cat girls of war!" - Hououin Kyouma - Steins;Gate

#344 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65855 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:42 PM

Possibly. 3 months from release to home media seems standard.

ACItEK8.png

#345 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Nightmare Month!

• Supporter
  • 62211 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:39 PM

I can remember waiting years for home video .. lol 

#346 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65855 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:10 AM

This is finally available for preorder on home media release:

https://www.blu-ray....ray/240060/?e=1

Amazon

https://www.amazon.c...,aps,153&sr=8-1

Target (comes with an exclusive USB bracelet)

https://www.target.c...hd/-/A-54456333

It will be 5 months and a week or 159 days from when this was released in the US in the theaters until it's media release.

Most movies are released around 3 months on home media of their theatrical release.

The really good thing is that they're including both the 4K and 3-D blu-ray in one set.  The last time I remember being able to get both in the USA was with the 2016 Ghostbusters film. 

The USA doesn't get 3-D releases often anymore.  I remember having to get Spiderman: Homecoming, Frozen, and (I believe) Doctor Strange 3-D all from Amazon UK because no US equivalent existed.

ACItEK8.png

#347 tec

tec

Costume Goals

• Supporter
  • 31082 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:54 AM

Well the bracelets kinda cool but I dont need 4K or 3D just the normal BD version

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#348 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65855 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:26 PM

Here is the 4K / 3-D blu-ray Steel Book at Best Buy.

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6333207

Love the design of this one.

6333207_sa.jpg;maxHeight=1000;maxWidth=1000.jpg

ACItEK8.png

#349 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3533 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:39 PM

The USA doesn't get 3-D releases often anymore.  I remember having to get Spiderman: Homecoming, Frozen, and (I believe) Doctor Strange 3-D all from Amazon UK because no US equivalent existed.

I'm not surprised, movie studios milked 3D for all its worth after Avatar came out, they did a post filming conversion to 3D but I believe it didn't settle that well with moviegoers and many people chose to see movies in 2D rather than 3D because its cheeper and they some likely don't give a S*** about 3D, all they desire is simple entertainment which is the movies primary job.

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#350 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65855 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:56 PM

Well, given the choice of the superior picture of 4K or the more gimmick laden 3-D, I think most cineophiles will choose 4K.  I know I do now.

Previously I would only get 3-D films if I really thought the 3-D was worthwhile.  This movie is one of those cases, as the 3-D was really good in the film and unlike most 3-D films released in movies (for example, all MCU films) it was actually filmed in 3-D and not converted in post production.

This is one of those rare cases that since I have both a 4K and a 3-D TV in use, that I would have bought this movie in both versions if a combo wasn't made available.  Just because I want the best picture with 4K but also feel this is one of those movies that I also want the 3-D because it was so good.

ACItEK8.png

#351 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

HUZZAH!

• Retired Staff
  • 21151 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:31 PM

But it doesnt have standard blu ray? Damn, I wanted the steel book.

ty3jHaa.jpg

#352 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65855 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:24 PM

But it doesnt have standard blu ray? Damn, I wanted the steel book.

The picture of the package says regular Blu-ray.

https://www.forbes.c...format-war/amp/

The 4K is the only the second 4K to feature both HDR10+ and Dolby Vision format.

ACItEK8.png

#353 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Nightmare Month!

• Supporter
  • 62211 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:13 PM

I'll likely save 10 bucks and get the dvd

#354 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65855 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 02:41 PM

Walmart is getting a redeco of one of the POP Vinyl Keychains.

Can't find it on their website currently (just the non-exclusive versions).  Seems that it's only coming with the blu-ray not the 4K, because Walmart.

alita-battle-angel-1172973.jpeg

• tec likes this

ACItEK8.png

#355 tec

tec

Costume Goals

• Supporter
  • 31082 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 03:15 PM

That seems cool

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#356 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65855 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 06:30 PM

Amazon reduced the 4K price from $49.99 to $29.99. It's currently their number one selling DVD.

ACItEK8.png

#357 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7245 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 29 May 2019 - 06:41 PM

You go, girl!

WsuGTl1.jpg

#358 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

I've gotta make the world know my name...

• Citizen
  • 3759 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 06:53 PM

this movie is one of the few times im super sad about my 3dtv having died last year =[

i love the new 4k girl i got, but i miss watching TRON Legacy...and playing CRYSIS 2-3 and Batman Arkham City, Arkham Origins, and Arkham night in 3d.

Also, Alita is one of the few times I'm gonna grab a physical copy instead of grabbing it on digital.

_+-=-+DAEMON IMMORTALIS+-=-+_

Day One is over, The Future's approaching
The embers are glowing, we're spreading the ash

#359 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10668 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 29 May 2019 - 08:15 PM

The really good thing is that they're including both the 4K and 3-D blu-ray in one set.  The last time I remember being able to get both in the USA was with the 2016 Ghostbusters film. 

There were a few other 4K/3D sets besides Ghostbusters 2016... Passengers, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Angry Birds, and Pacific Rim: Uprising. But yeah, they were never too common in the US/Canada. Since I like having both formats, and have a dual 4K/3D OLED TV, I typically buy both formats, importing the 3-D disc when necessary and adding it to the domestic 4K case

WB is the only big studio that still consistently releases 3-D blu-ray in North America, and sometimes Universal (their last was The Grinch back in February). Alita is reportedly getting 3-D and 4K together in the same combo pack due to filmmaker preference (Cameron's influence, I suppose), otherwise I doubt it would as both Disney/Fox tend not to release 3-D domestically anymore. Kino Lorbor is a boutique label that still releases the odd 3-D blu-ray of vintage stuff here and there, their next release being the 80s horror title Parasite coming up in October: https://forum.blu-ra...ad.php?t=316233

Most recent 3-D movies that weren't released on the format here can still be imported from the UK or elsewhere...since the discs are still pressed and sold in these smaller markets I'm not sure why they just don't include them domestically as well, but such is life. Ralph Breaks the Internet was a really odd release, though... the 3-D blu-ray was released exclusively in Japan and nowhere else.

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 30 May 2019 - 02:29 PM.

#360 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65855 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:47 PM

Fox did the dual HDR10+ and Dolby Vision per request of the filmmakers too. Or else they would not have.

ACItEK8.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users