Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 October 2020 - 01:52 PM)

50/60's Twilight Zone, the 80's, millennium and recent ones also, all are in The Twilight Zone.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 October 2020 - 08:03 AM)

Twilight zone. Duh.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 October 2020 - 07:52 AM)

Um.... what did I log in on...

@  Paladin : (28 October 2020 - 06:17 AM)

have they actually gotten worse than the one where Homer gets paralyzed by a spider and has to learn to communicate through his farts?

@  unluckiness : (28 October 2020 - 05:53 AM)

It's only fitting that SImpsons have halloween specials since it's been a shambling corpse of its former self since its teens.

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 October 2020 - 04:12 AM)

No I caught one of the latest one with parodies of Stranger Things which admittedly is horror series but Heaven Can Wait and The Shape of Water are Fantasy films. Plus implications of the characters being sociopaths or twisted has become a norm these days.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 October 2020 - 02:58 AM)

Which probably adds to the "reasons they should just stop making more of The Simpsons" pile.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 October 2020 - 02:58 AM)

You make it sound like The Simpsons becoming less repetitive is a bad thing.

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 October 2020 - 02:48 AM)

Remember when Simpsons Halloween specials parodied horror movies and would have the characters make off out of character remarks like "we chucked donuts at a old man for kicks."? they don't and can't do that any more.

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 October 2020 - 08:00 PM)

Tired of the same old Halloween stuff? Check out Tubi. The depths of the schlock available is astounding.

@  Donocropolis : (27 October 2020 - 11:51 AM)

Not sure if it's news or not, but I'm at Ross right now and they have Masterpiece Movie Ironhide for $24.99

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 October 2020 - 12:45 AM)

Final Fantasy 7 Remake’s Best Buy exclusive deluxe version is available for $10 as one of today’s daily deals

@  PlutoniumBoss : (26 October 2020 - 08:50 PM)

We can play the "Is it a real headline or an Onion headline" game.

@  Steevy Maximus : (26 October 2020 - 08:22 PM)

It's weird to see how much of Larry Hama's "satire" from the old GI Joe comic has no longer become satire in the past few years.

@  Maximus Ambus : (26 October 2020 - 11:29 AM)

Funny how 2020 gave me new appreciation for Dawn of the Dead 1978.

@  Sukoshiko : (25 October 2020 - 07:43 PM)

@Fenix Twilight Sure. Just not a good one.

@  Fenix Twilight : (25 October 2020 - 04:02 PM)

@Sukoshiko Well his clothes left an impression on you didn't they?

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 October 2020 - 06:09 AM)

I just read "Tesla Cybertruck" like AC/DC's "Thunderstruck", now it won't get out of my head, so I inflict it on all of you as well.

@  Sukoshiko : (25 October 2020 - 12:25 AM)

Tesla Cybertruck: amazing or just silly looking? I can't decide.

@  Sukoshiko : (25 October 2020 - 12:24 AM)

Weird question: I had to deal with a guy today... I'm not exactly up on modern fashions... or even archaic fashions... But this guy... Tuxedo Jacket and shirt, studs in all the button holes except the bottom one, blue jeans, and cowboy boots... Take a moment to imagine that get up. And this was to a business meeting, trying to impress someone. What look is that? Who on earth would dress that way? (I mean on purpose)

@  wonko the sane? : (24 October 2020 - 06:04 PM)

I think the few up here were lost to bad placement, poor weather, and the usual language trap.

@  TM2-Megatron : (24 October 2020 - 04:25 PM)

There are 5 spread around southwestern Ontario, all run by the same company. I've only been to the one in my area, but it seems to do good business even in non-pandemic times. On long weekends, when they do triple features, there's a normally a lineup to get in Friday and Saturday nights

@  Telly : (24 October 2020 - 01:51 PM)

there been one outside of my town for as long as ive been alive at least. its gone through its share of owners and periods of being closed down, but its been open for the past decade at least

@  Otaku : (24 October 2020 - 12:08 PM)

Bias from personal experience, but drive-in theaters are nearly extinct.  I grew up near one but it went out of business in the late 80s, and was torn down and replaced with some other business by the early 90s.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 October 2020 - 07:47 AM)

Out here, I mean. Couldn't comment on their popularity in place where they actually exist.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 October 2020 - 06:44 AM)

I wouldn't know. They've only come back into vogue with the social distancing from the plague, and while some places have made an effort to shoestring the places together, it's all largely too distant to be accessible.

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 October 2020 - 09:46 PM)

I'd hate to see ours replaced by condos. They're a great way to spend an evening, whether with family or on a date. And they've never been as common in Canada as the US, so we cna't afford to lose as many

@  wonko the sane? : (23 October 2020 - 09:45 PM)

Largely they were either poorly placed or bought out and torn down to be replaced by something other than over priced short term parking. Mostly condos.

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 October 2020 - 09:14 PM)

I guess your winters are worse, so they have a shorter operating season. Drive-ins in the Toronto area can usually operate until early or mid-December; maybe even into early January if there's no real snowfall, and open up again sometime in March.

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 October 2020 - 09:13 PM)

THere's really only 1 left in the entire province?

@  wonko the sane? : (23 October 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Ha! It's probably faster for me to drive to your drive in than to make my way to the only one left in quebec.

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 October 2020 - 06:57 PM)

Fortunately we still have a drive-in theatre that's exempt from the closures about a 10 minute drive away

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 October 2020 - 06:57 PM)

Theatres around here are closed again for at least another couple weeks (wouldn't be surprised if it's extended by another month or so, either), but that's what they've been doing here as well. Playing the old classics

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 October 2020 - 02:36 PM)

I got Earthrise Megatron, he's better then I thought he'd be though Netflix Megatron is still tops.

@  Bass X0 : (23 October 2020 - 10:44 AM)

The original Rocky movie is also showing. May go next weekend. That’s how you get people back in the theatres - show the old classics every adult loves.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 October 2020 - 10:35 AM)

They did a limited run showing of it up here too, back when the theaters were open... red zones suck.

@  Bass X0 : (23 October 2020 - 10:13 AM)

The original Back To The Future is showing in the Odeon in the UK now. I think I will go see it tomorrow.

@  Donocropolis : (23 October 2020 - 05:51 AM)

It was either the Bumblebee or Cliffjumper. Can't remember the colors.

@  Kalidor : (22 October 2020 - 06:43 PM)

What did it look like?

@  Donocropolis : (22 October 2020 - 01:34 PM)

I swear I remember getting the Happymeal G1 minibot as a child, but I live 2.5 hours from St. Louis, which is the only place they apparently came out. It's possible that I got it on a family vacation, though, as we went to Six Flags pretty often.

@  ▲ndrusi : (22 October 2020 - 01:07 PM)

Conversely, I had the Gobot helicopter from Wendy's and I was absolutely convinced it was an actual Transformer.

@  Donocropolis : (22 October 2020 - 08:13 AM)

I used to rubber-band Hot-Wheels style construction vehicles together and pretend it was Devestator.

@  Bass X0 : (21 October 2020 - 05:26 PM)

When I was about four years old, my parents bought me Bugbite and tried to tell me it was Bumblebee. I was not yet a fan of Transformers, but I knew that wasn't Bumblebee. I didn't even have the real Bumblebee at that time.

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 October 2020 - 01:39 PM)

It would come with two soundtracks: the eighties classic and one featuring dubstep and the VAs are popular Youtubers.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 October 2020 - 12:13 PM)

But yeah, reading it: I came off as a bit of an ass.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 October 2020 - 11:52 AM)

I just couldn't think of worse music than disco...

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 October 2020 - 11:35 AM)

What were you trying to imply with the mocking sarcasm, though? Nobody suggested that '80s music was any more "of it's time" than '70s music.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 October 2020 - 11:18 AM)

I said that disco wouldn't fare much better with the same context: media is property of it's time; biases, culture and limitations are all inherent in that. Some stuff can be brought forward because of an inherently timeless nature or the simplicity with which it was made but lots of media is a time capsule of the period of when it was made.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 October 2020 - 08:46 AM)

I'm not sure what you're trying to imply, or what you even think I said.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 October 2020 - 08:11 AM)

Yeah, cause disco would make the transition so much better...

Photo

Soul Calibur VI

245 replies to this topic

#161 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3684 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 27 October 2018 - 09:37 PM

#162 Sjogre

Sjogre
  • Citizen
  • 1371 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 28 October 2018 - 12:50 AM

Okay, at first I wasn't sure if this was real or just a joke trailer about the Soul series' predilection for guest fighters.  It says something that 2B isn't even that strange a choice compared to some of the other guests.

Unfortunately, fools are often planproof.

#163 tec

tec

I got a railgun.. gimme the candy!

• Supporter
  • 32935 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 28 October 2018 - 04:30 AM

I just saw this on Twitter this has now become a must get game Im super stoked by this news

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

https://www.twitch.tv/tecnic5x5

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#164 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9728 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 29 October 2018 - 01:22 AM

Me Im just kinda meh about it. She seems cool and has the weaponry to fit in, but shes no one Im hyped to see. Kind of hard to top Link and Vader in my eyes. At least Geralt fit the time period better.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#165 Devcon

Devcon

'Sup?

• Retired Staff
  • 11914 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 30 October 2018 - 10:52 AM

I honestly had no idea who that was before playing Soulcalibur VI. My 1st contact with the character was when I was looking in other people's created characters and kept running into 2B's created, typically using Mitsirugi or Yoshimitsu. My 1st reaction was "why are people obsessed with blindfolded French Maids?"

And now I see this dlc, which answers my question. That made me look into Nier Automata and the one thing that pops up more often is people obsessing on the badonkadonk.

So this trailer basically pits Boobs vs Butts. I guess she sorta fits in... but is in huge "meh" for me. Bring back the missing characters before this IMO.

Edited by Devcon, 30 October 2018 - 10:52 AM.

From the Page of Cage!

#166 KidTDragon

KidTDragon

Unmotivated Webcomicker

• Supporter
  • 2285 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 05:44 PM

Does character creation feel a bit light on costume parts to anyone else? I find I'm having trouble recreating some old characters properly because a good number of the parts I used to create them aren't in 6.

Almost Comics!
When you're done laughing, visit the store!

#167 Lazy Garou

Lazy Garou

Raider of fridges, eater of food.

• Citizen
  • 4171 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 30 October 2018 - 06:46 PM

yep it was discussed a lot on 8way run forums.  However It´s possible that here on, lot´s of stuff is going to be dlc. I know it´s not a fair comparison but if you look at Street fighter V, we got to a point there´s  4 season passes, with lots of skins and content.  That way this game may have even more parts than the prequels combined. (i´d personally like to have dinosaur heads/ feet for the lizardmen and more CAS only fighting styles.) 

A persistent predator is always alert!awake! focused! and Zzzz.....

#168 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8342 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 10:37 PM

Id love to see more Lizardman style heads. Also be able to give digitigrade legs to anyone. Big lizard tails for all as well!

#169 tec

tec

I got a railgun.. gimme the candy!

• Supporter
  • 32935 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 12:28 AM

*gets on his soapbox of unpopular opinion*

None of the SW characters should have ever been in SC that was the dumbest guest appearances in a game 

SW characters should never be in a fighting game Teras Kasi should of taught you that lesson Vader and Luke where broken as hell in there own game then you throw in that loser Starkiller(yeah I got love for him or his bad games) and Master Yoda and its just does not fit

The worst aspect of 4

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

https://www.twitch.tv/tecnic5x5

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#170 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 9728 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 04:16 AM

I agree that the SW characters weren't the best fit for SC but being a huge SW fan it got a pass for me. Except Yoda. When a good percentage of moves doesn't hit the opposing fighter because he's too damn small has always been a sore spot in fighters for me. Servbot in MvC2 was another one.

Edited by Daith, 31 October 2018 - 04:17 AM.

#171 BlitzwingHaz

BlitzwingHaz

"Wooo! I'm freaking out!"

• Citizen
  • 16344 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 04:36 AM

I'm enjoying the game but I guess I had been expected to be blown away but that rarely happens with fighting games nowadays.
I don't like xianhua's new voice. Gonna try the Japanese ones.
I've found story mode a little disappointing so far.
Not paying £25 for a few characters so I guess I won't get Tira. Geralt is much better as a guest character than the nier character imo so unless they unveil someone awesome I'll skip dlc.
I feel lizardman and Cassandra should be in this

#172 Confuzor

Confuzor

• Supporter
  • 8342 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 07:17 PM

Finally was able to get a bit of time in on Create A Soul. Feels good man.

Spoiler

Edited by Confuzor, 31 October 2018 - 07:17 PM.

#173 BlitzwingHaz

BlitzwingHaz

"Wooo! I'm freaking out!"

• Citizen
  • 16344 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 09:25 AM

Nice Mum-ra 😀
I spent some time trying to make Blitzwing.
Screenshot_20181103-142422__01.jpg
Screenshot_20181103-142315__01.jpg

#174 Caldwin

Caldwin

Am I pretty?

• Supporter
  • 26345 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:43 PM

Got this tonight. It'll be a couple days before I can really get into it. But I did do a couple battles. The battle system definitely seems to have evolved. I'm going to have to dig into this it looks like.

Tira looks as fun as I remember. Yes, I bought the season pass.

Anyway...can't wait to really get into this. Nothing like getting a brand new game and not being able to play it for a couple days!
PSN = Caldwin

Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#175 Caldwin

Caldwin

Am I pretty?

• Supporter
  • 26345 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 10:23 AM

I'm trying to unlock Inferno now. But it's reminding me why I typically don't like story modes in tournament fighters (aside from Smash Bros). They always force you to use characters you're no good at. hugging MAXI!

EDIT:
And I just unlocked Inferno. That was actually easier than I thought it would be. I should've done it sooner.

Edited by Caldwin, 29 November 2018 - 11:13 AM.

PSN = Caldwin

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#176 Confuzor

Confuzor

• Supporter
  • 8342 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:34 PM

After some time away, I decided to tackle more Thundercats. I wanted to do as much of a blend of both Thundercats eras into the fighters. In most cases it was successful (except Tygra. I never like G1 Tygra) but Cheetara ended up being a huge setback dealing with part limitations. So she's more "inspired by" than the others.

67193434_115365032855276_549601829752202
66398353_325836994961872_165550052239108
65598402_696146190808323_922476361091105
66116267_2691565794210635_59451518195725

#177 Demovere Xeno

Demovere Xeno

Not a model, perhaps

• Citizen
  • 4046 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 20 July 2019 - 11:58 PM

Finally got around to getting this game. :thumbsup While I can see (and am enjoying) the sheer amount of content story-wise, I can also see how this game is simultaneously a sort-of 'budget' title: a simpler presentation of menus, cutscenes, etc. compared to previous games, the somewhat limited variety of stages, the reduced number of custom outfit pieces... :hmm I really hope this game is doing well enough that Bamco continues to let Project Soul support it.

Naturally, the first thing I did upon booting the game up for the first time was recreate several of my longtime OCs. I've had them since character creation was introduced in SC3, to the point that I've ended up developing a continuing 'storyline' around them in the Soul Series universe. :wtf

SC6-01-Demovere-Xeno01.jpg

The adventurer.

SC6-02-Ash-Elmdor01.jpg

The noble. This is the guy I wanted to give Geralt's moveset to, but the swords really badly clip through the armor on his back. :(

SC6-03-Shiro-Takahashi01.jpg

The ronin.

SC6-04-Hiroyuki-Kamui01.jpg

The sailor.

SC6-05-Elisabeth-Miller-Laine.jpg

The knight. She used to use the lance (SC3) and spear/sword (SC4-5), but neither moveset is in the game at the moment so she gets Mi-na's style instead. It makes her look weird when she hops up and down all giddy-like while talking like a seasoned warrior. :wtf

SC6-08-Ka-Lia-K-rusu.jpg

The dancer.

SC6-12-Zenobia-Elmdor.jpg

The time traveler.

SC6-17-Onex.jpg

The faker. I want to use the non-human races, but nearly all my OCs have been human since the beginning, so I'm struggling a bit to decide who can be something else instead. :p

Another thing that I wish Project Soul added to character creation: the option of equipping shoulder and arm pieces either as a pair like normal, or separately so you can make your own asymmetrical looks, much like some costume pieces on Nightmare or Kilik.

Edited by Demovere Xeno, 24 July 2019 - 02:35 AM.

#178 Caldwin

Caldwin

Am I pretty?

• Supporter
  • 26345 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 06:25 AM

Wow. I'll be honest, I've been playing Final Fantasy XII and Mortal Kombat 11 for so long, I completely forgot I actually own this game. I'm pretty sure I've made a couple characters so far. If I get home at a decent time tonight, I'll try and snap some pictures.
PSN = Caldwin

#179 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 9728 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 10:21 AM

So are we expecting any more DLC characters? So far I really havent been impressed with the few we have gotten so far.

#180 Caldwin

Caldwin

Am I pretty?

• Supporter
  • 26345 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 09:37 PM

RVCgvuN.jpg
Samantha, a character I've been writing since high school. In fact, I'm writing a reboot story right now.

ySeqofJ.jpg
Nocturn...because I like me some scantily clad dark elves
PSN = Caldwin

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users