Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  unluckiness : (23 November 2020 - 03:17 AM)

The real Drifts were the Windblades we made along the way

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 November 2020 - 02:25 AM)

Drift-kun 2 Electric Boobylube

@  ▲ndrusi : (22 November 2020 - 11:36 PM)

I'm pretty sure Drift 2 was Empire of Stone.

@  Sabrblade : (22 November 2020 - 10:06 PM)

I thought people said Prime Wheeljack was Drift 2.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 November 2020 - 03:51 PM)

Windblade was Drift.2.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 November 2020 - 02:44 PM)

Drift with boobs.

@  Rycochet : (22 November 2020 - 11:50 AM)

I can't imagine a live action movie version of Windblade being all that different from Drift. Not my thing, but not the worst thing I've ever seen.

@  Bass X0 : (22 November 2020 - 09:54 AM)

The thought of Movie aesthetic Windblade makes me feel sick.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 November 2020 - 08:47 AM)

Though, the fact that Japanese people would pay for Windblade toys in the $30-40 range doesn't mean they'd pay however much MPs are going for now.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 November 2020 - 08:44 AM)

Back when I made a habit of checking Mandarake for pre-owned TFs, Windblade's toys went for surprisingly high prices. By which I mean not lower than the original price.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 November 2020 - 08:15 AM)

If she's in the next movie you might get her.

@  unluckiness : (22 November 2020 - 07:58 AM)

Japan didn't get most of the IDW comics and are the target market for MP. They basically know windblade from a few crappy pack-in comics and a show that wasn't particularly popular there. Unless they start cranking out Cyberverse MPs, it's not very likely.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 November 2020 - 04:24 AM)

Again, depends if she's popular enough in Japan to warrant it. Our view of which characters are popular is not the same as Takara's.

@  Bass X0 : (22 November 2020 - 01:53 AM)

So characters like Windblade then.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 November 2020 - 07:19 PM)

They're complicated and expensive to design. By necessity, they're gonna be restricted to well-known characters who are more likely to sell.

@  Bass X0 : (21 November 2020 - 07:05 PM)

I don’t think Masterpiece toys should be restricted to only show characters.

@  Rycochet : (21 November 2020 - 03:09 PM)

If she wasn't in the Sunbow cartoon, Live Action movie or Beast Wars and can't be repainted from someone else, she's not getting an MP.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 November 2020 - 12:44 PM)

They'll make their money back if they include the metal thong...

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 November 2020 - 12:29 PM)

Is she popular enough in Japan that Takara would even try?

@  Paladin : (21 November 2020 - 11:23 AM)

depends. will that one also have a giant metal thong?

@  Bass X0 : (21 November 2020 - 11:10 AM)

Should there be a Masterpiece Windblade?

@  -LittleAutob... : (20 November 2020 - 12:46 PM)

EIGHT WORDS! THATS A RECORD! XD

@  wonko the sane? : (20 November 2020 - 09:08 AM)

So you were hired by a middle easterner! AHA!

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 November 2020 - 11:45 PM)

that's eight words

@  Bass X0 : (19 November 2020 - 03:56 PM)

"I only want to hear one word from you... The name of the guy who hired ya!"

@  Maximus Ambus : (19 November 2020 - 12:41 PM)

It's great how they reference G1 concepts like this one features the harmony from the episode Carnage in C Minor and and Slugslingers featured anti electrons from Grimlocks New Brain.

@  Steevy Maximus : (18 November 2020 - 10:01 PM)

Or at least those little story blurbs like Beast Hunters had. Especially for stuff like Selects which tend to exist in their own little side world

@  Maximus Ambus : (17 November 2020 - 04:03 PM)

I got me Legends Soundwave, Be cool if the next Generations toyline had a mini comic with the instructions.

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 November 2020 - 03:42 AM)

Aw no unusual activity on my Paypal Ebay, Amazon and Netflix account in one day! All I have to do it verify on those E-Mails and I'm all set..... wait a mo, I'm not on Netflix!

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 November 2020 - 11:56 PM)

I swear though.. The idea of "Catch up" is stupid.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2020 - 11:25 PM)

That's irritating, but it sounds par for the course with new hardware release. Within a year, there'll probably be some good stuff out there that does it all.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 November 2020 - 11:23 PM)

4K/HDR switches are.. iffy.. Because most of them can't do 4K and HDR at the same time.. Or can't do 120hz... and all sorts of things the new TVs have built in, and the new consoles use...

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2020 - 11:18 PM)

Maybe now that the PS5's made the whole 4K thing a little more mainstream, the hardware will start becoming more common. I know that's one of the hopes the physical media community has for the 100GB discs the PS5 is going to be using. Prior to this, they were very expensive tor replicate compared to a regular blu-ray and not used very often

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2020 - 11:17 PM)

Up to now, there really haven't been a whole lot of 4K disc players to choose from... Samsung stopped making them altogether when they couldn't compete with the others, so your main choices are a few models of Panasonic or Sony

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2020 - 11:14 PM)

Is there no such thing as a 4K/HDR switch yet?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 November 2020 - 10:10 PM)

Which is fine.. But that still doesn't explain why they arn't putting out up to date HDMI switch boxes to get.. more money.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2020 - 09:59 PM)

My only TV with a respectable number of ports is my OLED 4K/3D, which has 4 HDMI, 2 USB 2.0s, 1 USB 3.0 and some weird proprietary thing that acts as both component and composite, depending on what you need. But it retailed for $10k when it first came out (I bought it 14 months later for less than half that). THey're going to get as many corners on less expensive sets as they can, which usually means only providing 2 HDMIs.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2020 - 09:55 PM)

I mean, there are some decent ones for under a grand. But yeah, I imagine that's what they're thinking. Most people I know, unless they're film or A/V aficionados, all they've got hooked up to their TV is a digital cable receiver and perhaps a game console and dated DVD player

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 November 2020 - 09:45 PM)

TM2-Megatron... If that is their assumptions.. That is one of the stupidest way to think.. Especially since Multichannel receivers way to fricken expensive for that. 3000 is way to expensive.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2020 - 09:11 PM)

They probably assume the people who actually need a lot of ports are the type of consumers who'd have a decently high-end Multichannel receiver. Whereas those people who don't need many connections probably don't even have a blu-ray player or anything. Maybe just a gaming console for the kids and an old DVD player.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 November 2020 - 04:04 PM)

I saw that movie. I don't want jim carrey in my head.

@  Maximus Ambus : (14 November 2020 - 03:43 PM)

Soon beam TV programs into brains with a neural transciever anyway.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 November 2020 - 03:28 PM)

I'm surprised they keep reducing the number of ports on TV's.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 November 2020 - 02:52 PM)

Ahh.. No.. I mean an HDMI 2.1 switcher box to give you more imputs on a TV. :D Those should have been released in preparation of the XSX and PS5 considering their touting 2.1 features. :D

@  Maximus Ambus : (14 November 2020 - 02:25 PM)

Switch Pro, not even a thing.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 November 2020 - 02:09 PM)

Wait... I read your statement wrong: I thought you meant the switch version 2.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 November 2020 - 01:32 PM)

You do realize that the department that would be focusing on the HDMI 2.1 switch box would be different than the department working on PS5s?

@  wonko the sane? : (14 November 2020 - 01:05 PM)

And nintendo wasn't competing with others for marketshare at the time.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 November 2020 - 12:54 PM)

Probably because there's already enough demand on the manufacturing infrastructure to pump out two of the three consoles at the same time? Nintendo's last release saw people waiting literal months for stock shortfalls to end.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 November 2020 - 12:33 PM)

I just want to ask, why did no company get an HDMI 2.1 switch out in time for PS5/XSX

Photo

The Official Unofficial Transformers Fiction Thread - Bring your unofficial third-party add-on canon here.

fanfic

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

#1 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel
  • Supporter
  • 52138 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:38 PM

Hey all. This is a (much belated) thread for your Transformers fiction links, be it your fanfic, a fic you found you liked, a fancomic, or even just bios and headcanons for toy-only characters. Ultimately, it can be whatever you want it to be. There are a few guidelines, though. 

The rules:

• No sexually explicit content.
  • No gore and general excessive 18+ness. 
  • No grimfic and badfic parody, we have the Machinima thread for that. 
  • Links and description only - never post the content text itself within the thread. (Character bios are an exception but use spoiler boxes for lengthy ones.)

Otherwise, come, share us your words. = ] 

Edit: Older fiction from back in the day can be found in the Chronicles of Cybertron Archive.

Edited by Copper Bezel, 18 December 2017 - 03:44 AM.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#2 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35142 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:42 PM

• No grimfic and badfic parody, we have the Machinima thread for that. 

Instantrimshot.com

anyway, I will be making use of this.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#3 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35142 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:11 PM

Here, let me break this thread in with a bio!

Blight

"Why waste your effort with weapons when you can wear something down with poison?"

Strength - 4 | Intelligence - 9 | Speed - 7 | Endurance - 2 | Rank - 4 | Fireblast - 4 | Skill - 10

Blight is known for being incredibly weak, possessing mediocre physical ability and even worse stamina. Why then, is this miniature scientist feared, even among Decepticons, who are known for looking down on Mini-Cons as a rule? Because Blight is incredibly, insidiously, impendingly brilliant, and her specialty is developing both toxins and ways to deliver them. Blight is the brains behind the Ransack Team, and while she may be low on the chain of command, it allows her to remain beneath notice. Unfortunately, her favorite test subject is herself, which has left Blight constantly suffering from the debilitating effects of her own creations, but which also makes her something of a walking contaminant.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

#4 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27716 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:32 PM

Ooh, bios! I wrote one of those when I had a CW Blast Off to repurpose. It's a bunch of Sega arcade game titles with added connecting tissue to try to make them into a coherent bio.

Spoiler

Yes I know it's broken. It's an HTTPS thing and I haven't gotten around to dealing with it yet.

#5 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35142 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:45 PM

Dang man, there's more Sega references in there than a comic written by Ian Flynn. Good work, man.

#6 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The Nordic Knight has arrived!

• Staff
  • 14891 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:57 PM

Indeed. I may have to start using this as my bio for CW Blast of now. This is Super...

Hang on...

fslookup.jpg

#7 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Citizen
  • 9629 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:15 PM

Pretty sure I've posted them on here before, but for posterity here's my alternate bios for the Megatronia team members:

Spoiler

Edited by Jalaguy, 07 December 2017 - 07:25 PM.

#8 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35142 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:19 PM

I don't suppose you could reformat that a little? It's hard to read clumped up like that

#9 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

• Citizen
  • 9629 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:25 PM

I don't suppose you could reformat that a little? It's hard to read clumped up like that

Oh, wow, yeah, I didn't check what that looked like in rich text. Fixed.

#10 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35142 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:32 PM

Hm, in general, I like them, but parts of them feel like... I don't know, overcompensating to be the exact opposite of Megatronia? I mean, there's a lot that's unfortunate about her, but I'm not sure why the equivalents of Moonheart and Lunaclub are not only not sisters, but one of them hates being associated with her in general.

That's probably not what you intended, I'm just wondering if that was a factor, because it kind of sticks out to me.

#11 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

• Citizen
  • 9629 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:43 PM

IIRC, I wrote them without checking their original profiles at all. I definitely remember reading the Takara profiles afterwards and being surprised to realise that they had the same elemental weapons deal as the ones I'd written.

#12 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35142 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:57 PM

Ohhh. Well that's more an amusing coincidence then, hahahahaha.

#13 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42572 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:14 AM

Fun little thing I made up for a quick custom.

bio.jpg

#14 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35142 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 02:02 AM

Ha, I like him. It's an interesting angle.

Edited by Tyranno, 09 December 2017 - 02:02 AM.

#15 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 23047 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:04 PM

Here's an oldie but a one I like:

At the end of time, Rampage was the last one who was alive. The various godheads had prepared for their personal Ragnaroks, waiting to be reborn. Humanities' gods realized that in the end, despite all their advancements, their worshipers were finally beaten, and hated the last Cybertronian. Primus looked down at his final child of this universe; all he could muster was a sense of sadness. This reality was one of the most violent yet; the brief deaths of Prime and Megatron bringing on one of the most vicious wars, his brothers attack, and seemingly countless more apocalypses.. Was this really worth it? Was putting his children in the universe, watching so much destruction and terror, and with their only real reason behind existing being chess pieces in a game between order and Chaos. Still, despite all that, he saw their potential. In his final child here, someone who was called epithets like "monster" and "unnatural," ended up saving his children from themselves, and would eventually lead them into brave new worlds. Primus sense his brothers and sisters readying. He took one last look, and gave a brief smile. Perhaps they were a flawed and violent race. But he knew their would always be ones with great potential for good.
As the universe contracted, even Rampage's spark finally gave out. In the final seconds, all that remained was one ember, which became a spec in the void. Trillions of years passed. The spec started to build up, and explode. A new universe was born.
Stars and planets formed. Asteroids collided. Organisms evolved. And life went on.
On a familiar planet, continents make familiar shapes. Weather pasterns twirl all around the planets sky, animals run on the evolutionary planes until the first spark of sentience occurs, and empires rise and fall. And in the year 1984, in ever familiar New York City, a man pics up a phone in his office.
"Hey, Bob, it's Jim. Got a job from Hasbro that no one else is willing to do that needs done before Thanksgiving. You think you're up for the task?"

#16 Daniel Adkins

Daniel Adkins
  • Retired Staff
  • 1646 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 12:17 PM

This is something I wrote as a sort of prequel to some other stuff Ive been working on in the same universe. http://archiveofouro.../works/12448632

#17 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35142 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 04:42 PM

Not bad, not bad at all. I like how you worked in movie!Sam's "Nonononono" in there. It's a decent first contact story. I'm eager to see more.

edit - Here's another bio:

Slash

"You can't run from what you never see coming."

Strength - 5 | Intelligence - 6 | Speed - 7 | Endurance - 2  | Rank - 4 | Fireblast - 2 | Skill - 7

Spoiler

edit 2 - Oh, heh, I missed Shadewing's post. That was pretty amusing and clever. Reminds me a bit of the end of that one TMNT special, "Turtles Forever".

Edited by Tyranno, 10 December 2017 - 05:49 PM.

#18 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel
  • Supporter
  • 52138 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 05:56 PM

I love this. You've really synergized the card "bio" sentences, the toy design, and her relation to the team together really neatly. And the dynamic between her, the other Dinobots, and Wheeljack and Ratchet is just great. This is definitely my personal headcanon. = ] 

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#19 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35142 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:16 PM

Okay, let's post some actual fan-fics here:

Link Up Me Hearties, Yo Ho!

Series: RID 2001

Summary: Feeling his place in the Predacon chain of command threatened, Sky-Byte contacts an old friend for help in taking Scourge and the Commandos down a peg. However, just how dangerous will this Halfshell and his crew be towards the Decepticons?

Notes: This is a story I wrote for a commission. It features an RiD 01 version of the BW2 Seacons.

Illuminations

Series: Various

Summary: A catch-all for short stories and explorations of different characters and different corners of the Transformers universe.

• Replacement - Breakdown confronts the newest member of the Stunticons about things that are a little too familiar. (G1, Breakdown, Offroad)
  • The Esteemed - A Predacon supermodel takes issue with what an editorial has to say about him. (BW, Injector, Archadis)
  • Endless Skies - After the defeat of Galvatron and the closing of the black hole, an unlikely group of Mini-Cons find each other, and together find an appreciation for the wider world beyond them. (Cybertron, post-series, Clear Skies Mini-Con team)

#20 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10089 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:04 PM

When I have more time, I've got to post my headcanon bio for the Titans Return Sergeant Kup figure.

Proximity: A Starscream and Friends Fanzine | Store | Twitter | Tumblr | Instagram