Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Bass X0 : (17 November 2019 - 04:29 AM)

2019 has been one long South Park episode.

@  Sjogre : (16 November 2019 - 10:46 PM)

Okay, that actually sounds pretty fun.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 November 2019 - 12:49 PM)

It was set in the forties, featured Nazi's as the villains and had Kiko fight mostly Ice Age animals and a mythical dragon that now ruled the island guarding Kongs treasure.

@  Paladin : (15 November 2019 - 11:37 AM)

and it was ALSO eleven hours long.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 November 2019 - 10:55 AM)

In a alternate reality Peter Jackson made Son of Kong.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 November 2019 - 09:30 AM)

To be fair to boba: everyone else to go into the sarlacc was a sacrifice. Stripped almost naked and tossed, and didn't have body armor, a jetpack and a weapon.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 November 2019 - 06:54 AM)

Nah, he just has to keep up his plot insurance payments so he can shoot his way out of the Sarlacc again.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (15 November 2019 - 02:59 AM)

Funny, but everyone knows he bounty hunts for Jabba Hutt to finance his 'Vette.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (15 November 2019 - 02:54 AM)

Okay.. Not sure why.. but streaming is harder than jsut playing the game.. even though that's pretty much what I was doing.

@  Xellos : (14 November 2019 - 06:47 PM)

What type of vehicle does Boba Fett use for time travel? A Man-DeLorean.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 03:55 PM)

Admittedly, it's been a long time since I've been to a walk-in clinic, as I tend not to get sick (and the one time I do every 4-5 years, I prefer just riding it out at home), but the last time I went I'm pretty sure you could just show up, no appointment. It may be different in Quebec,though

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:36 PM)

One thing to note about health insurance in Germany is that we have a two-class system: mandatory health insurance is basically the economy class, while private health insurance is the business class.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:32 PM)

My local doctor is actually a shared office with several doctors where you will get randomly assigned to one of the doctors available that day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:30 PM)

Also, employers are required by law to cover part of their employees' health insurance fees, so I only have to pay my part.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:28 PM)

Basic examinations and sick notes (known as "work-inability certificates" in Germany) for the employer are covered by our health insurances by default.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 November 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Around here, we can go to a walk-in clinic whenever, but might have to wait in the queue until there's a doctor available, which can take hours on a busy day. And then hope our insurance will cover anything.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 November 2019 - 07:38 AM)

There actually are a good number of clinics around here: but the walk ins require an appointment (what?) and are only done once a week. IF you can get an appointment, you see a doctor usually within 40 minutes, but good luck getting the appointment.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

Depending on the day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

We have family doctors (called "house doctors") with regular office hours where you may need an hour or two of waiting time.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 12:50 AM)

Two weeks? That seems a little long; are there not a lot of walk-in clinics around you?

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 07:01 PM)

Does germany make it quick and easy to see a doctor too? Cause an emergency doctor visit can take two weeks out here, and an emergency ROOM visit can take 18-24 hours.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:43 PM)

(Good thing is, under German law, if you call in sick during your vacation and see a doctor immediately, you get to keep your vacation days.)

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:42 PM)

Too bad. My plans wee to do two more overtime hours before having my last day of vacation for the year on Friday. Oh well.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:41 PM)

So I'm currently on medical leave for a particularly stupid reason: Burned my back with a hot-water bag while sleeping last night. Though the doctor said I'm hardly the first person to have this happen to them.

@  Patch : (13 November 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Just a particularly odious example of the 90s era of depicting transgender women as either the subject of crude humor, or "Jerry Springer" material.

@  Ashley : (13 November 2019 - 04:55 PM)

I think Ace Ventura legit contributed to me spending years in self denial. I will never be ok with Jim Carrey.

@  Benbot : (13 November 2019 - 01:22 PM)

I thought he since changed his tune.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (13 November 2019 - 12:51 PM)

Jim Carry Paladin?

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 November 2019 - 12:22 PM)

Don't doubt what he can do. Sonic the Hedgehog!

@  Paladin : (13 November 2019 - 11:51 AM)

not giving a dime to a transphobic antivaxxer.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 11:25 AM)

It'll be a terrible movie if jim carrey phones it in. Otherwise it should be decent.

@  Paladin : (13 November 2019 - 10:45 AM)

sonics' still gonna be a terrible movie but at least they whined loud enough to make him look passable for a 2-minute trailer. "yay."

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:37 AM)

But of course to annoying people there's no such thing as different decisions made for different reasons, there is only "I like it so it's right" and "I don't like it so it's wrong."

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:35 AM)

Even if we pretend it's objective truth that they were both bad, then they were bad in very different ways.

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:33 AM)

Sonic's previous movie design looked genuinely bad. The Transformers '07 designs just looked insufficiently like what certain loud and obnoxious parts of the fandom think Transformers are required to always look like.

@  Otaku : (13 November 2019 - 08:50 AM)

Um... Purple Monkey Dishwasher?

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 November 2019 - 08:25 AM)

Do we really need to have Every Movie Transformer Thread Ever in the Squawkbox?

@  Bass X0 : (13 November 2019 - 08:13 AM)

Sure it made money but that doesn’t mean it has appealing character designs. Lot of god awful fugly faces in the Transformers movies.

@  Otaku : (12 November 2019 - 08:25 PM)

@Liege My issue with Transformers (2007) were elements I thought were unnecessary.  I know it was supposed to just be a joke, but I didn't ever need to hear about "Sam's Happy Time". >.> Which, being in awe of the first "live action" TF-film, didn't even register until I'd already purchased and watched it on DVD a few times (after seeing it in theaters 3 times).

@  Liege : (12 November 2019 - 08:22 PM)

For all the Bayisms in the 07 movie, it was tempered by Spielberg as producer. Designs aside it was an enjoyable popcorn blockbuster about a boy and his first car who happens to be an alien from another planet. They sequels are just Bay going unchecked after he proved how much bank he could bring in.

@  TM2-Megatron : (12 November 2019 - 07:12 PM)

I didn't find the designs in the '07 movie to be that bad, personally. What got really offputting was how Cybertronians in general become such huge a-holes in the later films; the designs were very much secondary to their horrible personalities

@  Sabrblade : (12 November 2019 - 06:59 PM)

And yet, Transformers still broke the bank at the box office, opened up the brand to a whole new generation of fans, shot the brand up to mainstream appeal, and enabled all kinds of new collector-oriented lines and other avenues to come about. Not saying Sonic's movie will do the same for his series, but the 2007 TF movie certainly did more good than harm.

@  Bass X0 : (12 November 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Paramount changed Sonic due to fan backlash but refused to redo Transformers 2007 with new cgi appearances based on their classic forms everyone’s knows and loves, and can relate to. Trailer 1 Sonic is as appealing a design as 2007 Bumblebee...

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 November 2019 - 02:14 PM)

I don't. They're a pain in the ass to repair.

@  Benbot : (12 November 2019 - 12:48 PM)

I wish car companies would bring back flip up headlights

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 November 2019 - 09:07 AM)

Wear a hazmat suit. It's Walmart, they're used to weird.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 November 2019 - 07:54 AM)

2 inches of snow on the side of the house, 2 feet of snow on the deck. I hate this winter already.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (11 November 2019 - 11:33 PM)

But that requires actually going IN walmart. ;P

@  Liege : (11 November 2019 - 11:22 PM)

Pro tip for anyone hunting the for the Walmart 35th exclusives: try the seasonal aisles rather than the toy section. I found the display with all the exclusives and a bunch of the reflector wave practically untouched amongst those novelty arcade machines and a bunch of frozen merch.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (11 November 2019 - 09:45 PM)

Although that does spark an idea for me. In a new continuity, Censere the Necrobot could be the herald Cityspeaker for Quintessa the Necrotitan just to play on their monikers utilizing Greek for dead, nekrós.

Photo
- - - - -

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

208 replies to this topic

#41 bigbot69

bigbot69

Back and slightly less angry...kinda

• Citizen
  • 1397 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:53 AM

Jeff Goldblum's role looks suspiciously like a cameo. In the beginning of the movie. So he can be worried and repeat a famous quote from the original and then disappear until a "told you so" bookend after the climax.

Pretty much.

It's been said he'd have a small role throughout.

I like this trailer. Yes it has definate 'Lost World' notes but I'm excited anyway.

I also believe I read somewhere the Isla Sorna will feature in the film, so that could be where they're shipping them to.

It's a Newcomic (apparently)

#42 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Girl Whomst Love Girls

• Staff
  • 22567 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:39 AM

I'm like "Yay! Allosaurus!!! ... Oh..." :(

That's a carnotaurus.

There's an "allosaurus" later chasing after people in the gachapon cart after that, it trips and falls tho.

Anyway, this movie looks friggin' stupid.

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#43 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46509 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:49 AM

Honestly, I find it slightly surprising that the main gal isn't in prison, all things considered. Though I forget - were there liability waivers for Jurassic World?

Edited by Rust, 08 December 2017 - 06:50 AM.

#44 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66000 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:36 AM

I'm like "Yay! Allosaurus!!! ... Oh..." :(

That's a carnotaurus.

There's an "allosaurus" later chasing after people in the gachapon cart after that, it trips and falls tho.

Anyway, this movie looks friggin' stupid.

Thanks for the info guys.  :)

ACItEK8.png

#45 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14608 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:28 AM

Jurassic World : A Worse Jurassic Park : : Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom : A Worse The Lost World Jurassic Park 

Yep.

#46 Fishbug

Fishbug

Coming out of my can and I've been doing just fine

• Citizen
  • 11935 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:53 AM

The Tyrannosaurus Nublarensis is a plot-based ambush predator, waiting off frame for her prey to be distracted by smaller, less appetizing creatures before attacking.
25aputg.jpg
#WHERESINJECTOR

#47 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11330 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:54 AM

I have no interest in this movie.

*watches trailer*
"Blue is alive."

Suddenly, I'm in.

#48 Fishbug

Fishbug

Coming out of my can and I've been doing just fine

• Citizen
  • 11935 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:09 AM

This series can't end until we get a dinosaur passing over eating someone wearing a bright Hawaiian shirt because they think they're toxic.
25aputg.jpg
#WHERESINJECTOR

#49 2019

Merciless.

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:50 AM

This series can't end until we get a dinosaur passing over eating someone wearing a bright Hawaiian shirt because they think they're toxic.

I mean, Willis isn't perfect but that's a bit mean....

PM me if you're bored!

#50 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2727 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:24 PM

Meh. I really want to be excited for this, but just not feeling it. Lost World's my favorite of the series, don't need to see it redone. JW at least threw in trained Raptors and an intentionally fictionalized dinosaur to it's JP retread, hope Fallen Kingdom does something like that as well. Plus, JW implied the next step was to completely abuse the bioengineered "dinosaur" tech for, well, anything other than display, which absolutely enthralls the sci-fi fan in me (even if it pisses the hell off my dino-nerd side).

Kinda peeved that they FINALLY put in a damn Carnotaurus, but then they immediately kill it. :angry

#51 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3592 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 04:38 PM

Ok, I've watched the trailer and I got to ask, who brillant idea is it, to go back to an island now overrun with Dinos, for a so called rescue mission to save the creatures? Wouldn't it just be easier to get blood samples and start over from scratch, at least with the bigger ones? Then again someone just not learned their lesson about messing with nature's creatures, of course, the fact JW as a park failed was not the fault of normal dinos but the human army who think they can use them as weapons and the people when they begin messing with the genetic code to create a brand new creature who shouldn't of been created in the first place, so who worse, the dinos or the humans that recreated them?

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#52 D.M

D.M
  • Citizen
  • 2972 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 04:45 PM

HOO-WEE! REMEMBER THE "LIFE FINDS A WAY" LINE? REMEMBER THE T-REX MOMENT FROM JURASSIC PARK 1? REMEMBER GOLDBLUM?!

BxxgiWM.gif

#53 Lancer

Lancer

I don't care

• Citizen
  • 24781 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 04:52 PM

If Rexy dies, we riot.

#54 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28703 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 12:46 AM

Don't like the trailer.

I was 7 when Jurassic Park came out. It had a huge influence on my love of cinema and was pivotal in shaping the use of CGI in modern films. Most importantly it used it in combination with practical effects and knew when to hold back for human drama/acting.

This trailer is bloated with CGI dinos, set pieces and trailer cliches. There's not an ounce of charm in it. Big, bold and obnoxious.

#55 unluckiness

unluckiness

curry on rice

• Citizen
  • 19725 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:28 AM

It's like a Scyfy movie with a budget which is pretty mich what I was expecting. I'll probably see it if there's nothing better on.

xOyvpt9.png

#56 The Jawa

The Jawa

Utinni!

• Citizen
  • 4188 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:52 AM

Ok, I've watched the trailer and I got to ask, who brillant idea is it, to go back to an island now overrun with Dinos, for a so called rescue mission to save the creatures? Wouldn't it just be easier to get blood samples and start over from scratch, at least with the bigger ones? Then again someone just not learned their lesson about messing with nature's creatures, of course, the fact JW as a park failed was not the fault of normal dinos but the human army who think they can use them as weapons and the people when they begin messing with the genetic code to create a brand new creature who shouldn't of been created in the first place, so who worse, the dinos or the humans that recreated them?

Jurassic World was basically about how treating these things as "assets" is wrong.   And that they are animals (genetically engineered ones, but animals never the less), and should be treated with respect.   Also Owen was pretty well from the start devoted to these things as beings... he cared about (see: the raptors).  Not surprising in the least he'd want to save them.

It's pretty clear from the movie, the humans are the problem.   The dinos are just doing what animals do (modified ones or not).

Edited by The Jawa, 09 December 2017 - 03:53 AM.

-~- The Jawa -~-

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they eat rainbows and poop butterflies..."

#57 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 4131 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:45 AM

Ian's speech in the trailer just bugs me.  He goes on about how these dinosaurs were here before us, when they clearly were not.  These are genetically developed abominations that have been designed to look like what the company wants dinosaurs to look like based on focus groups, not how the actual animals appeared.  There should be no reason to save these things, and in fact if any of them got to the mainland, like they did in the original "Jurassic Park" novel, they would be a dangerous invasive species.

Real conservation efforts allow hybrids of endangered species to not breed and die out, and yet he is going on and on about saving these corporately designed animals, which, as has been already said in the thread, can also just be remade from a genetic sample.  It is even worse since in this case there are completely originally made up species on the island that never existed in any form.

Let nature take its course and eradicate them.

Edited by Monocle, 09 December 2017 - 05:43 PM.

#58 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 17066 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:18 AM

Ian is trying to save them? I figure he'd be the first person to be OK with them gone.

I haven't watched the actual trailer, maybe I should.
Http://www.scatterville.com

#59 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Master of the sword, champion of the fight

• Supporter
  • 45412 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 09 December 2017 - 01:14 PM

I have to wonder how badly his speech has been chopped up into the trailer. It sounds pretty messy.

Then again, that IS the way Jeff Goldblum talks most of the time anyway....

#60 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46509 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:56 PM

The part of John Hammond will be played by Ian Malcolm.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users