Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM)

KHAAAAAAAN

@  PlutoniumBoss : (31 July 2020 - 03:04 PM)

Bueller? Bueller?

@  Jet : (31 July 2020 - 11:31 AM)

DONKEY!

@  Maximus Ambus : (31 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

Spanner

@  Xaaron : (31 July 2020 - 06:49 AM)

Jetstorm

@  Nevermore : (31 July 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Tankor

@  SG Roadbuster : (31 July 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Overrun

@  lastmaximal : (31 July 2020 - 01:33 AM)

Buckethead

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 07:15 PM)

Now I wonder how many Transformers we can name with the fewest possible different names.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:38 PM)

Ransack. That's like another 20 or so.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 06:18 PM)

"Prowl". There, that's at least fifteen.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Or do you want people to spam the Squawkbox with lists of 100 characters?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Oky, just one question: If I were to say "Yes, I could", how could you be sure I'm not lying?

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:08 PM)

i don't go into people's threads that have no relevance to my interests just to be an ass by telling them that their comments and opinions are of no value just because they have no personal interest to me.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

i think one of us is misunderstanding what the squawkbox is actually for.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

and what is wrong with that? you respond to me to lessen your own boredom.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:05 PM)

I'm asking people if they think they could.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:05 PM)

Or did you just think of another random question to lessen your boredom?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:04 PM)

Is this a survey?

Photo
- - - - -

Shinkansen Henkei Robo Shinkalion

200 replies to this topic

#41 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10054 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:54 PM

Episode 4: Akita joins SUEI.

#42 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:56 AM

Liking the show so far, apparently it's gotten some decent buzz. Also want to reiterate you can find all the eps subtitled so far from Weeaboo Shogun.

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#43 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10054 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 07:57 PM

Episode 5: Meet Daimonyama Tsuranuki

#44 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10054 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:00 PM

Some upcoming crossover news for the anime:

https://www.animenew...treamed/.125826

Hatsune Miku will appear as a Shinkalion driver.

hatsune-miku.jpg

https://www.animenew...me-bang/.127299

And separately, the 500 TYPE EVA is planned to appear in the show. Evangelion director Anno Hideaki approves.

7963179f158e7f2fa5b72ca4ca081dd715177153

#45 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10054 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:07 AM

Episode 6:

#46 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10054 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 01:12 PM

Well it seems that episodes are being limited in how long they stay up, so at present episode 7 is not freely viewable on YouTube.

Meanwhile, here is episode 8: the anime introduction of Link Gattai with E5 and E7.

#47 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10054 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 07:46 PM

Episode 9: the obligatory onsen episode.

Edited by SHIELD Agent 47, 03 March 2018 - 07:47 PM.

#48 The Magic Man

The Magic Man
  • Citizen
  • 1718 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 10:59 PM

So it seems there are 3 types of main toy for this line:

https://hlj.com/product/TKT96428Normal train guy. Most train guys use this body

https://hlj.com/product/TKT87681Stacking 3 man combiner train guy

https://hlj.com/product/TKT88692this guy.

Has anyone actually grabbed one of these toys? Worth tossing on an order?

#49 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10054 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 10:23 PM

So it seems there are 3 types of main toy for this line:

https://hlj.com/product/TKT96428Normal train guy. Most train guys use this body

https://hlj.com/product/TKT87681Stacking 3 man combiner train guy

https://hlj.com/product/TKT88692this guy.

Has anyone actually grabbed one of these toys? Worth tossing on an order?

Perhaps this can help you: an English video review of the newer DXS01 E5 Hayabusa, including a comparison to the original E5 Hayabusa figure.

Edited by SHIELD Agent 47, 09 March 2018 - 10:28 PM.

#50 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7694 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 11:21 PM

I think some dudes here do have some of the older pre-anime toys; the threads in the OP have some discussion.

I have a Komachi on the way, although sadly I ordered it before realising the new DXS stuff existed. I love the central car weapon storage, it's very Optimus combat deck/Sqweeks trash wardrobe and I dig that.

Pretty confident that this stuff is all well below what we expect from a modern Transformer, at least in terms of articulation. But they look cool. I haven't checked out the show yet but my Tokyo withdrawals made me crave trains so here I am.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#51 Plokatron

Plokatron

Explorer of the Omniverse

• Citizen
  • 159 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 03:47 PM

The anime site spotlights seven Shinkalion:

E5 Hayabusa, piloted by Hayasugi Hayato

b8irowk.png

E6 Komachi, piloted by Oga Akita

ei3aSe5.png

E7 Kagayaki, piloted by Daimonyama Tsuranuki

Vf9HsEA.png

500 Kodama

CIlC0p1.png

800 Tsubame

Fpmp3xk.png

N700A Nozomi

0tfUQUo.png

And H5 Hayabusa, an apparent powered-up form of the E5

8O65qNr.png

Ok does Takara have something against Steam Locomotives?! Not even their most iconic steam engine the D51 is there. (The D51 for those who like bots but not so much trains is the most famous Japanese Locomotive out there besides their bullet trains which I think are accounted for here. The D51 was Astrotrains locomotive mode in G1 and is also the locomotive class of the character Hiro from Thomas (Yeah I know I'm a weird nerd loving the blue puffball at my age but hey I grew up with him and Prime as my heroes) and Loco in Gobots which is technically G1 now but for argument sake I'm listing it as a separate thing in this post.)

I've got a honest to goodness message from all steam lovers to Hasbro and Takaratomy and that is "Wheres the steam locomotive love?"

Look here mate it's Slag not Slug! It's metal related and nothin else in this day and age your just being pedantic! Plus how is a Triceratops connected to a Slug?! Not a invertebrate nor is it very fast. Don't look at me like that Slugs are a type of ammo broaden your horizons!

#52 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 23841 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 10 March 2018 - 03:52 PM

I'm guessing from the title this is supposed to be focused on bullet trains. As in, shinkansen.

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 10 March 2018 - 03:54 PM.

#53 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7694 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:28 PM

As I understand it it's pretty much "actual trains that are in use today" which doesn't necessarily rule out older models but it's not what you'll be seeing routinely.

Not that I'm an expert. But it's definitely a "new and/or current bullet trains" property rather than "trains! Whatever!"

I think.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#54 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10054 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 05:49 PM

Indeed. As one may surmise from the title of this thread, the name of the franchise is 新幹線変形ロボシンカリオン / Shinkansen Henkei Robo Shinkalion. All shinkansen are multi-car bullet trains running on electrified lines. That kind of passenger speed is simply impossible with any other power method save possibly for maglev.

Edited by SHIELD Agent 47, 10 March 2018 - 05:53 PM.

#55 Plokatron

Plokatron

• Citizen
  • 159 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:37 PM

Indeed. As one may surmise from the title of this thread, the name of the franchise is 新幹線変形ロボシンカリオン / Shinkansen Henkei Robo Shinkalion. All shinkansen are multi-car bullet trains running on electrified lines. That kind of passenger speed is simply impossible with any other power method save possibly for maglev.

Fair enough but still I still think that Steam engines are commonly missed when making something based off trains these days in Takara's case. This show is for modern machines and who knows we could see them as Cybertronians one day with some tweaks. (I mean it is a possibility to use the toy molds with slight retools) But since Astrotrain's G1 design I cannot think of a Steam based bot and Hasbro seems even worse in regards to well Trains in general seeing as the team on Prime wanted a Autobot Train but it was put on ice due too it supposedly costing too much. 

How can designing a Locomotive robot mode be any more expensive than a car, jet, motorcycle, and helicopter? I just don't see the logic sometimes it just seems too coincidental if you get my meaning.

Look here mate it's Slag not Slug! It's metal related and nothin else in this day and age your just being pedantic! Plus how is a Triceratops connected to a Slug?! Not a invertebrate nor is it very fast. Don't look at me like that Slugs are a type of ammo broaden your horizons!

#56 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10054 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:49 PM

Episode 10: Meet Tsukiyama Shinobu.

#57 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30596 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:46 PM

Fair enough but still I still think that Steam engines are commonly missed when making something based off trains these days in Takara's case. 

TakaraTomy still has the toy license for Thomas the Tank Engine. That series is still big to this day, even over in Japan.

Edited by Sabrblade, 10 March 2018 - 11:48 PM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#58 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 14440 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:07 AM

Fair enough but still I still think that Steam engines are commonly missed when making something based off trains these days in Takara's case. 

How can designing a Locomotive robot mode be any more expensive than a car, jet, motorcycle, and helicopter? I just don't see the logic sometimes it just seems too coincidental if you get my meaning.

Well, of COURSE they're "commonly missed" when a line is based off "trains these days". Even in Japan, steam locomotives are more of an occasional nostalgia or novelty thing (Googling reveals there are, what, 11 active steam train lines today, most of which only run on weekends). And this line is clearly not meant to be "all trains throughout history", it's "trains that run now." It's not a prejudice against steam locomotives, it's a preference for currency.

It's also not a question of economics in design terms. It's a question of "what are kids likely to be interested in?" and there's a strong argument in favor of, I dunno, vehicles they can relate to more BECAUSE THEY SEE THEM ON A DAILY BASIS.

It'd be like failing to see the logic of the Binaltech/Alternators (and later Alternity) toylines not including a Ford Model T. While that would be beyond awesome to get as a Transformer, the whole point of those lines was to spotlight current (or reasonably current) cars.

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#59 Plokatron

Plokatron

• Citizen
  • 159 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:42 PM

Well, of COURSE they're "commonly missed" when a line is based off "trains these days". Even in Japan, steam locomotives are more of an occasional nostalgia or novelty thing (Googling reveals there are, what, 11 active steam train lines today, most of which only run on weekends). And this line is clearly not meant to be "all trains throughout history", it's "trains that run now." It's not a prejudice against steam locomotives, it's a preference for currency.

It's also not a question of economics in design terms. It's a question of "what are kids likely to be interested in?" and there's a strong argument in favor of, I dunno, vehicles they can relate to more BECAUSE THEY SEE THEM ON A DAILY BASIS.

It'd be like failing to see the logic of the Binaltech/Alternators (and later Alternity) toylines not including a Ford Model T. While that would be beyond awesome to get as a Transformer, the whole point of those lines was to spotlight current (or reasonably current) cars.

And once again my point is missed. When I had posted my first post regarding steam engines I had no idea that this series was meant to highlight modern motive power. As I said in my second post that is fair enough and more power to those who create the new designs.

Binaltech/Alternators again is geared towards modern designs and that is fine and they did a fine job. (Also regarding the point on operating steam railways there are far more than 11 running at any given time. The Bluebell Railway runs that many steam locomotives daily your fact is fiction.) My point is that when the opportunity to have such machines as Alt. Modes presents itself they tend to ignore them like so many do today on the main subject.

Railways were and are the lifeblood of nations. Also if I were to ask you when you were a kid what image popped into your head when you heard the word Train I am quite sure that the first thing you would of thought of was a steam locomotive pulling a train in the wild west or in a prairie. As for seeing a train daily tell me next time your stuck behind a level crossing's gate as a line of Boxcars role in front of you.

Why is it such a confrontational thing? I never meant for any anger and my logic at the time was sound. So forgive me for any upset.

#60 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30596 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:45 PM

...The Bluebell Railway isn't in Japan, though. When he said 11, he was talking about Japan.

This is a series about specifically bullet trains and only bullet trains. Your questioning about the lack of steam locomotives is like asking why Beast Wars didn't have any non-beast altmodes. It's in the series' name that a specific, non-all-encompassing type of altmode is what it's going for.

Edited by Sabrblade, 11 March 2018 - 04:41 PM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users