Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (13 September 2019 - 01:54 PM)

Why do you feel a need to label yourself for doing something harmless?

@  Telly : (13 September 2019 - 11:10 AM)

thats more than i look at on reddit

@  Benbot : (13 September 2019 - 10:49 AM)

am I a basic bitch for only browsing the front page of Reddit?

@  Shrug : (12 September 2019 - 12:26 PM)

I managed to find about 2/3s of my goal Sega Genesis collection before the last price bump

@  Anonymous X : (12 September 2019 - 11:11 AM)

So relieved that I picked up most of my NTSC GameCube collection in 2010/11 before prices on the secondary market went bezerk...

@  unluckiness : (12 September 2019 - 12:54 AM)

I have fond memories of it since it was the last console Mario Kart that didn't have the ridiculous pre-race cart assembly

@  TM2-Megatron : (11 September 2019 - 10:26 PM)

Like many Gamecube games, underrated

@  unluckiness : (11 September 2019 - 09:24 AM)

Double Dash is great. Just watch out for blue shells

@  Bass X0 : (11 September 2019 - 07:43 AM)

I used a double dash on my mobile. The chat didn’t like it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 September 2019 - 04:17 AM)

The mobile version of the site chokes on certain characters, I think.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 September 2019 - 04:10 AM)

what's with that punctuation anyway

@  Nevermore : (11 September 2019 - 03:20 AM)

Now where did that come from, Bass X0?

@  Bass X0 : (11 September 2019 - 01:52 AM)

Politics and Religion — tools of foul play!

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2019 - 11:10 PM)

If you owe, you're expected to actually pay it at the time you file, before they even process your return

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2019 - 11:10 PM)

If you file electronically, I find you usually get your refund within a couple weeks

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 06:22 PM)

Well, lucky it took less than two months for me. For a little over 200 Euros.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Pretty much, yeah. Canada revenue will be all up your ass if you earn less than 200K and owe tax, but your refund is basically "duke nukem forever".

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:34 PM)

Whereas if you overpaid and they have to refund you, they will take their sweet time to let you know.

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:34 PM)

Like, here in Germany, if the tax authority responds to your tax report quickly, you can rest assured they want more money.

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Do tax authorities in other countries base their time to respond to filed tax reports on whether they owe or are owed as well?

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 11:13 AM)

Check what the requirements are for your cad program, and try to beat them by about 20%, and understand that software requirements have been stable for a few years: not really keeping up with the advancements in hardware. Unless you're doing something SPECIFIC which requires ludicrous amounts of power, just give your self a cushion on hardware and don't bother going whole hog.

@  Benbot : (10 September 2019 - 10:16 AM)

What I'm currently using is an i5 2018 Surface Laptop. My current desktop is all but dead. I think in the end affordability will win out over specs. I need to use CAD programs, but I'm a student, not a professional.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 10:06 AM)

Okay. Whats the specs on the I7 and what are you currently using?

@  Benbot : (10 September 2019 - 09:23 AM)

fun and games

@  wonko the sane? : (09 September 2019 - 04:43 PM)

Depends entirely on what you use the computer for.

@  Steevy Maximus : (09 September 2019 - 11:52 AM)

Probably not

@  Benbot : (09 September 2019 - 09:39 AM)

Do I need an i7 on my new computer?

@  Nevermore : (08 September 2019 - 12:08 PM)

https://imgur.com/fkyjpza

@  Nevermore : (08 September 2019 - 12:07 PM)

Today's convention haul:

@  wonko the sane? : (08 September 2019 - 08:54 AM)

But it was Huuunnngrrrryyyy. What was I supposed to do?

@  MEDdMI : (08 September 2019 - 08:23 AM)

But did you feed any small fuzzy creatures after midnight?

@  wonko the sane? : (08 September 2019 - 06:32 AM)

Shouldn't be. I literally just built it. Not even three weeks ago even.

@  TM2-Megatron : (07 September 2019 - 10:13 PM)

Sounds like your computer's on its last lags, Wonko

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 07:37 PM)

Dunno, crucial says it's fine, gonna need a second opinion.

@  Pennpenn : (07 September 2019 - 06:52 PM)

Good luck! (or break a leg if it's like theater luck...)

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 06:46 PM)

Alright. The damages now seem to include my primary SSD. Thankfully, the gaming drive (I have now lost all my games and mods entirely.) Let me wipe it and install there. Once the crucial utility is installed again, will verify the drive.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 03:32 PM)

Three more crashes since I pulled the ram. Verifying the OS now... tonight might be a reinstalling kinda night.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 11:46 AM)

And thankfully it wasn't totally dead, so it was working on occassion. If the problem is actually solved, I just need to wait and see if the program/system crashes are over.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 11:45 AM)

Got it. I wound up running the memtest four more times, because of course it's always the last dimm. But I got the culprit. I lost 8 gig, but I'm still at three times the "recommended" amount.

@  Hg Dragon : (07 September 2019 - 11:09 AM)

DL and run MemTest86. It'll help weed out issues. Run 1 stick at a time. Then run a stick that passed in each slot. Will help you find out if it's the RAM or the slot/motherboard

@  Patch : (07 September 2019 - 10:45 AM)

How many RAM sticks do you have total?

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 09:57 AM)

Great, two weeks of random BSODs, and I manage to finally work out some ram has gone bad. Just need to work out which one(s) and then I can go from there.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 06:25 AM)

*just stares*

@  unluckiness : (07 September 2019 - 04:27 AM)

My french is rusty but I'd guess Italienne-americain pain du sauce

@  Nevermore : (07 September 2019 - 02:58 AM)

What do they want "pizza" to be called? Crpes superior?

@  unluckiness : (07 September 2019 - 01:11 AM)

Are they still suing Italian restaurants for having food that's insufficiently French?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (06 September 2019 - 10:31 PM)

Not even Quebec likes Quebec?

@  TM2-Megatron : (06 September 2019 - 08:51 PM)

Quebec's a special case; they just have an insatiable lust for hate

@  Ashley : (06 September 2019 - 07:48 PM)

Those weird language laws are basically anti-everyone. Who does it help to stop certain toys from being sold there?

@  TM2-Megatron : (06 September 2019 - 04:56 PM)

Canada is one of those rare countries that's paradoxically both anti-business (except for the chosen few) and anti-consumer

Photo
- - - - -

We all get one of these, right? Prime Re-watch and Sometimes Scribbles

Ask thread AMA Noideaforaname

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#41 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2663 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:47 PM

Well, you could gauge which side had the advantage, and the items gave characters signature moves and such, that kind of thing.

(it's been a long while since I've seen the show, though.....)

#42 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2663 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 02:07 AM

Toxicity

bK58STP.jpg

Megatron finds the strongest Insecticon to go after Relic #4. I wonder why he's only sending small teams? Lead bug is voiced by David Kaye, doing a growly version of his Megatron voice. Would've been fun if the show threw in a nod to there being two Megatron VAs; oh well. Anyways, Hardshell is apparently a Wrecker-killer.... like Dreadwing, I guess? Seems like everyone either killed a Wrecker or Arcee's partner.

Also, I'm assuming he's supposed to be covered in scars, but it looks like paint. And more like claw-marks than, um, swords or gunshots or shrapnel or whatever else a Wrecker presumably uses. Honestly, devoid of context it kinda looks like the markings would've came from the other Insecticons, like they painted tribal markings with their claws instead of brushes, to mark him as chief or something.

(I think just getting rid of the damaged teeth would make it read as scars, if they couldn't cut full gouges out)

The relic of the day is... "tox-en." Ugh. Bulkhead has to chuck it into a volcano before he dies from exposure to it. And we get all this dramatic stuff that makes us think he's totally gonna die, like flashbacks and the same cliffhanger again.

Meanwhile, Hardshell fell in lava and jumps back out like it's nothing.

Hurt

Miko comes back to the base after a successful mission to find Bulkhead collapsed on the ground and Ratchet attempting to defibrillate him! The way this scene is shot is actually pretty brilliant; the camera is at Miko's point of view (instead of a robot's) so everything is just sudden and monstrously huge and confusing, which really captures the feel of one of these emergencies.

She blames herself for Bulkhead's injury and joins Wheeljack on a mission of petty, pointless revenge. They blow up energon mines (and we get another interesting human's-eye-view of robot chaos) to call out Hardshell, who nearly kills Wheeljack until Miko shoots him dead! But despite all that, she doesn't feel any better. Heavy stuff for a kids cartoon.

This one's better than I remembered, but of course the whole thing is overshadowed by how quickly Bulkhead recovers from his injury...

#43 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Soon.......

• Supporter
  • 13644 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 24 December 2017 - 11:25 AM

Rubber duckie!!!

Whoa, a kid killed a TF? I don't remember that at all.

Edited by MEDdMI, 24 December 2017 - 11:25 AM.

#44 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2663 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 12:22 PM

He makes (lava) bath time so much fun!

And yeah, a child straight up kills someone. No falling down a hole, hoist upon their own petard, getting someone else to land the finishing blow, or even 'it was an accident.' That's pretty rare in kids media.

I... I think I'm starting to like Miko. :o She's got a developed friendship with Bulkhead, is becoming involved in the 'Bot/'Con war instead of sitting on the periphery of it, and has actually stopped blindly running into danger this season (plus basic stuff like motivation/characterization). At the very least I'm looking forward to when she gets the Apex Armor.

#45 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Come what may, we hold our heads up to the sky

• Supporter
  • 45020 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 24 December 2017 - 12:58 PM

Also, Seaspray's a Wrecker. Weird. I mean, I guess that's not really much weirder than like Kup or Perceptor, but still. And, uh, I suppose it's even less weird if you look at that Movie(?) toy of him.
(also also, Whirl isn't one of the named dead Wreckers, yay!)

Not gonna lie, I keep that Seaspray on my Wreckers shelf hanging out with the Prime guys. He fits right in.

Also, I'm assuming he's supposed to be covered in scars, but it looks like paint. And more like claw-marks than, um, swords or gunshots or shrapnel or whatever else a Wrecker presumably uses. Honestly, devoid of context it kinda looks like the markings would've came from the other Insecticons, like they painted tribal markings with their claws instead of brushes, to mark him as chief or something.

Maybe he proved he was the biggest and baddest Insecticon by beating the rest in a big brawl or something. Seems like something a hive of angry lunatics would do.

#46 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2663 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 08:39 PM

Out of the Past

GxPE8yd.jpg

Canon or something

So after three episodes in a row end with BULKHEADS GONNA DIE, he's awake, alert, and on his feet... for a few steps. He's still out of the fight for the next few eps, but still.

Most of this episode, however, is a flashback to when Arcee first met Cliffjumper. Kinda nice to see them do something more with a character that had five minutes of screen time. This is also how the two got to Earth, though I can't tell when it takes place. Starscream's apparently in command of the Nemesis, so maybe that three year period before the show began? Has Optimus only been on Earth for that short a time?

Speaking of, god I miss Starscream in command, and Soundwave that challenges him by simply spitting his own words back at him. *sigh*

Also, Shockwave! I'll always prefer the "snobby English supervillain" voice, but I appreciate how this version's basically Movieverse done right. He's also got this amazingly over-the-top theme music and his gun makes this delightful retro sci-fi laser TWONG!

Oh but this is the show that makes him say "logical" all the time...

Things and stuff happen, and Cliffjumper ends up pretending to be a Decepticon (heh) while Arcee sets a space bridge to self destruct. Shockwave shows up and he's just immune to gunfire that takes down Vehicons. :??? Cartoon physics...

They end up fighting in the exploding space bridge tunnel; the Autobots manage to get to Earth while Shockwave is... I guess he simply gets knocked back to Cybertron. Too bad, "caught in an exploding worm hole" lends itself to all kinds of crazy hijinks.

New Recruit

Raf just casually alters other people's websites.

UGH

Smokescreen makes his debut, and I think this is like the only other robot character besides Knock Out to be introduced as something other than tough/badass/killer or whatever. And he's the first one to have the sense to actually use those relics they've been hoarding.

Jack goes with Smokescreen to look for a vehicle mode, and apparently there really aren't any restrictions? He dismisses things like pickups and cement mixer trucks because of style, not because he's only half their size. Considering how Arcee transforms, maybe mass shifting just isn't a problem for anyone. (would've been something if that was an actual issue MECH ran across)

Starscream and the Autobots fight over RED Energon (there's a whole rainbow of them apparently), which all ends with Smokescreen literally kicking Star out of the Apex Armor through the armor using the phase shifter. :??? Cartoon physics...

And we get a gratuitous shot of Airachnid still in stasis. Hmm.

Real-world references
  • "Clown cars" are a real and horrifying phenomenon, where a large number of clowns cram themselves into a tiny vehicle then pile out for the "amusement" of an audience, and like Insecticons, must be purged, preferably by fire.

Heheh.

#47 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2663 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:53 AM

Human Factor

julgHaF.jpg

MECH merges Silas with Breakdown's corpse, who believes himself ascended and kills off his former team! So much for that story line. Silas also renames himself... Cy.L.A.S. It's really random and nonsensical, almost like he feels the need for a "robot" name without really having to change anything. Did he hear Optimus' "AUTOnomous roBOTS from planet Cybertron" spiel and think this is how they name themselves?

Random thought: With how many Vehicons the Autobots have killed, how haven't MECH gotten more robo bodies to work with? Are the 'Cons just that good at clean up?

Silas steals back his old space laser project and joins with the Decepticons, who initially believe him to be Breakdown back from the dead somehow --- and it occurs to me we never got a proper reaction to BD's death. It took Knock Out five episodes to even acknowledge it happened at all (and kinda flippantly, at that), and Bulkhead only just now realizes he hasn't seen his arch-nemesis in ages. Yeesh.

Soundwave clears out a human base by using Fowler's voice! And the 'Cons find out where Raf lives! Creepy.

(His family actually has to re-locate after this, whoa!)

Bulkhead, still recovering from his injury, feels threatened by able-bodied newbie Smokescreen! While I'll never get over how much they hyped it up, I do like that it lends itself to kinda serious episode themes. Not perfect by any means (still feels like Bulk should've had a permanent change he had to learn to live with; pass the torch to Miko and Smokescreen), but this arc went from THE WORST to "oh hey I appreciate where they wanted to go."

Meanwhile, Raf using his amazing hacking skills to steal control of the space laser from Soundwave

UGH

(just when I say something good about the show!)

And with this one plan a bust, Megatron orders Silas killed. I mean, he *might* have just been looking for an excuse to off the human wearing the corpse of a robot as a suit, but still. He was just thwarted by humans and so decided to get rid of the one with connections that's willing to help out. Bah.

Gotta love KO's face here, though.

Dfozxuy.jpg

Breakdown would be tickled.

#48 Foffy

Foffy

Ray of chaotic sunshine

• Citizen
  • 8736 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 12:49 PM

Random thought: With how many Vehicons the Autobots have killed, how haven't MECH gotten more robo bodies to work with? Are the 'Cons just that good at clean up?

I never even considered that, honestly. Presumably the writers didn't either?

Bulkhead, still recovering from his injury, feels threatened by able-bodied newbie Smokescreen! While I'll never get over how much they hyped it up, I do like that it lends itself to kinda serious episode themes. Not perfect by any means (still feels like Bulk should've had a permanent change he had to learn to live with; pass the torch to Miko and Smokescreen), but this arc went from THE WORST to "oh hey I appreciate where they wanted to go."

Bulkhead's injury having permanent lasting repercussions and forcing him to pass the torch would have been a lot better than the reset and subsequent rug-sweeping of it that actually ends up happening, yeah.

#49 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

• Supporter
  • 45020 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 12:54 PM

I never even considered that, honestly. Presumably the writers didn't either?

If we're being nice, we could say it's the difference between a bunch of mangled parts versus a mostly-intact body. Dead Vehicons do tend to explode.

#50 Foffy

Foffy

Ray of chaotic sunshine

• Citizen
  • 8736 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:19 PM

Ah, true.

#51 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2663 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:49 PM

Legacy

Smokescreen is doing dumb things and oh god more Raf magically wiping things off the internet

UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH

Also, that racer guy Jack doesn't like. Because he still has a life outside the Autobots, I guess? I think they wanted him to have a double life like Peter Parker/Spider-Man, but just completely forgot. Jack's doing all these horrible food-related pranks but then nothing happens of it.

Christ, Miko is the only bearable kid on this show...

Also, Ratchet is kinda racist again! Says something along the lines of "aren't three human kids enough"? He was doing so well, too.

While Megatron uncovers the Star Saber, Soundwave distracts the Autobots with a decoy beacon. Optimus brought basically the entire team to wander around in fog chasing a blip on the radar, apparently never questioning why an Iacon relic is moving. Um, hmm...

The 'Bots really need a flyer.

The Star Saber is stuck in a mountain Excalibur-style (only a Prime can use it), and Megs just grabs an entire chunk of mountain to keep it out of Optimus' hands. Of course, Optimus immediately grabs the sword and does some silly magic laser slash attack, destroying the Nemesis but not really. Apparently the balance of power just shifted in the Autobots' favor, but there was never a sense they were on the losing side before so...?

Alpha/Omega

The Star Saber also lets Optimus magically talk with Alpha Trion, who apparently used some timey wimey nonsense to put all the relics on Earth for Optimus to use. I guess that's supposed to explain the sheer coincidence of so many Cybertronian things being on this one random planet, but there's still a whole bunch of other unexplained stuff like Scraplets and Insecticons and Unicron and that plague ship and....

Meanwhile Megatron and Dreadwing are off to Cybertron, using the Space Bridge they hid behind the moon. WHAT. How'd they just sneak something like that up there???

Anyways, they get to Cybertron and steal the arm of... some Prime. They go unnamed here, while the art book says it's Sentinel, and the Covenant of the Primes book says it's Liege Maximo... who's green. Lol this "aligned" continuity is such a mess.

etTTdxo.jpg

... though this is a really good look for Maxy.

Oh hey wait a minute, PotP Liege IS magenta. It's coming together!!!!!!

The entire idea of gaining the power of a Prime by simply taking their arm is just absurdly literal to begin with. And why would Megatron replace his right arm? The one with the built-in gun and sword? Can the Daaark Staaar Saber he's making only be wielded by a Prime-arm? Why would he make it like it? Megatron, stop being stupid!

Other things happen in this episode I think?

Yeah, Optimus broke his sword already!

Smokescreen's the only one with the sense to actually use the relics Alpha Trion sent them to use.

They wreck up the Pyramids and stuff.

Probably some other shit, I dunno, I've clearly lost interest.

#52 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Off model.

• Supporter
  • 49953 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:06 AM

It just smacks of the same "great ideas, no execution and follow-through" thing as so many of the characters, or Bulkhead's injury, etc., doesn't it? Like ... Megatron replacing his own arm with that of a dead mythic hero to wield a sword meant for one is goddamn badass and has all kinds of gooey mythic resonance. The TFWiki explanation is that he needed the arm not for using the Dark Star Saber, but for using the Forge of Solus Prime he used to make it. But like ... if you're going to all that trouble already, why in all the hells wouldn't you reverse it, and give Megatron the Star Saber and Prime the Forge to make a new one? = .

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#53 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

ready to punch a shark in the arctic who is actually a whale

• Supporter
  • 62090 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:31 AM

Prime is an awesome show and there was never anything wrong with it.

*doados with fingers in his ears to keep untrue rebuttals away*   

#54 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 22619 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:05 AM

It just smacks of the same "great ideas, no execution and follow-through" thing as so many of the characters, or Bulkhead's injury, etc., doesn't it? Like ... Megatron replacing his own arm with that of a dead mythic hero to wield a sword meant for one is goddamn badass and has all kinds of gooey mythic resonance. The TFWiki explanation is that he needed the arm not for using the Dark Star Saber, but for using the Forge of Solus Prime he used to make it. But like ... if you're going to all that trouble already, why in all the hells wouldn't you reverse it, and give Megatron the Star Saber and Prime the Forge to make a new one? = .

Optimus uses the Forge to fix the original, at least.

There's probably some mythology convention or whatever that suggests the good guy needs to have the real deal and the bad guy gets the knockoff or has to compensate with something non-legendary.

Not that that's very good reasoning.

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 27 December 2017 - 06:11 AM.

#55 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

• Supporter
  • 45020 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:00 AM

Would've been kinda cool to see Optimus forge a mythical ax as a counterpart to the Saber. But then, I like axes.

#56 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2663 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:29 AM

I get that Megatron needed that Prime arm to use the hammer, but it's a two-handed tool, so even if he was right-handed he could presumably replace his left and still get the full effect.

...although I suppose the idea could be that with the Dark Star Saber Megs doesn't need his fusion cannon or regular sword.

Also, between Megatron wanting to be a Prime, that "he's no ghoul" line from Operation Bumblebee, and using Solus' forge to weaponize Unicron's blood, I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be a huge character moment, but boy does it not feel like one.

#57 Foffy

Foffy

Ray of chaotic sunshine

• Citizen
  • 8736 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:29 AM

Optimus: "Hey Megatron, can I axe you a question?"

Megatron: "I dunno, Optimus... it sword of seems like your request may not be genuine."

#58 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

• Supporter
  • 45020 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:51 AM

Those are some pretty sharp puns.

#59 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 22619 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:54 AM

...although I suppose the idea could be that with the Dark Star Saber Megs doesn't need his fusion cannon or regular sword.

That almost certainly is, but then the show just ignored the sword for nearly all of Beast Hunters, presumably because they wanted the Predacon stuff to be a big deal.

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 27 December 2017 - 11:54 AM.

#60 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2663 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:44 PM

Hard Knocks

Another grand fetch quest...

Knock Out snarks about Soundwave, because we need reminding about this non-plot-thread, I guess? He borrows that sonic gun, finds the Omega Key, and just waits for Autobots to show up so he can use that gun and make a silly "these soundwaves are a real knockout" joke. He gets revenge on 'Bee and Arcee for the NYC episode, but there's no way he could've known they specifically would show up.

Dreadwing is sent to grab another key, but he also wastes a shit ton of time on a set up against the Autobots -- bombs instead of a lame pun. You'd think two 'Cons dicking around instead of doing what they're supposed to would be an issue for Megatron, but nope apparently.

DW's in an autumn forest during sunset, which is really pretty, actually. Then he blows it all up! Which is also kinda pretty itself.

Megatron's looking for the Autobot base... despite having been in there twice. It's kinda strange, this was one of the first things Starscream tried to find out, but it takes Megs a season and a half to even think this.

Smokescreen gets this wild idea about having a grand destiny. Arcee gets real annoyed at this and chews him out, while Optimus tells her to stop but lets her carry on anyways. The bot who hands out olive branches to Decepticons and carefully dances around calling Bulkhead "fat" just lets his troops yell at each other...

Smokey storms off and immediately gets captured by Soundwave. Well.

Inside Job

Turns out destiny boy actually IS part of some grand plan; he's got the last Omega Key in him! (the hell has he been transforming this whole time?) The Autobots speculate Alpha Trion didn't have time to put Key #4 in it's own pod to Earth, so he put it in Smokescreen in his own pod to Earth. Wait, what?

It'd make more sense if a live Autobot was simply a safer place than just randomly out in the middle of nowhere.

Knock Out uses the phase shifter to simply pluck the Key out of Smokey instead of sawing him open. I think he just really wants to use these fun little gadgets. Smokescreen steals it back and then the greatest scene in the show happens! Everything from getting KO stuck in the wall the the free-falling battle to that car Vehicon Megatron throws off the Nemesis thinking it was a jet, it's all GLORIOUS!!

... though somehow or other Smokescreen's able to land safely by phasing through the ground. You'd think he'd just keep going and going.

GAr9gPz.jpg

Whatevs, that escape screen was amazing enough to excuse some silly magic tech.

Meanwhile, Starscream dreams of becoming ruler of Cybertron: Emperor of Destruction, Starscream the First. Is it common for Transformer rulers to pass on their names like that? Star's also been talking to his dead clone. Eerie...

He's got the last Omega Key, and tells the Autobots he'll trade it to get his t-cog back. He kinda sounds genuine with that desire before, even dismissing that King Starscream dream as too lofty (at least at the moment). But he uses his speed-enhancing Red Energon to steal all the Omega Keys to make a deal with Megatron of all bots. Umm, what? He goes running to the guy who would KILL him without any kind of backup plan, giving said guy every reason to kill him, all because.........??? Not that his standing with the Autobots is good, but a mostly burned bridge is better than a totally incinerated one.

Goddammit I need to post something silly to amuse myself again.

LghzRtm.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users