Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 June 2021 - 02:04 PM)

Fedex sucks

@  tigerhawk : (23 June 2021 - 10:09 AM)

"This never happened to the other fellow." -  One of my fave meta jokes in movies from 007: On her Majesty's Secret Service.

@  Sabrblade : (21 June 2021 - 08:58 PM)

Daddy!

@  Kalidor : (21 June 2021 - 04:50 PM)

Not just any girl - your mom!

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 June 2021 - 08:19 AM)

Happy Knocked-Up-A-Girl Day!

@  Bass X0 : (20 June 2021 - 02:13 AM)

Happy father's day!

@  Hot Rod Mustang : (19 June 2021 - 07:45 PM)

what up sluts?

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 June 2021 - 07:20 PM)

Only 6? Filthy casual.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 June 2021 - 04:26 PM)

Multiplaying as in "playing with other people" or multiplaying as in "6 WoW accounts running at the same time"?

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 June 2021 - 01:45 PM)

Oh no! Darkeklaw is multiplaying! (See birthday box)

@  tigerhawk : (19 June 2021 - 11:54 AM)

In my Marvel comic canon the second wave of special teams were handpicked active robots whose experience would theoretically make more stable combiners, the Combaticons came from Cybertron, the Protectobots were imprinted from crystals explaining both Onslauhghts ancestry and First Aid's experience.

@  Dekafox : (18 June 2021 - 05:24 PM)

Spotlight: Lioconvoy?

@  Bass X0 : (18 June 2021 - 04:15 PM)

How long until IDW puts out an Optimus Pride Month comic?

@  Cyoti : (18 June 2021 - 03:32 PM)

Even with B5, it didn't follow its original 5-year plan. Summaries from the supplementary materials for the scriptbooks demonstrates that was originally planned was very different from the actual product. Sinclair's actor's departure seemingly changed the show to the point that the stuff with the Vorlons/Shadows, the Minbari and the ending were all changed. Mapping out a show years in advance is difficult because of changing bts stuff like writers/actors leaving the show or suddenly having to retool because of ratings/execs. No plan survives intact especially in a chaotic environment of television production.

@  Rycochet : (18 June 2021 - 11:27 AM)

To be like Babylon 5, you need to cram a 2 season story arc into one because you fear being cancelled, then get further seasons you have no more material for. You also need a spinoff which the network heads don't want and do everything in their power to kill it while it's on air.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 June 2021 - 10:33 AM)

The required effort is probably why we don't have babylon 6; TNG.

@  Dekafox : (18 June 2021 - 10:23 AM)

Everyone wants to be like Babylon 5 but no one wants to put in the effort

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 09:36 AM)

And then, after five years of hosting their own official podcast where they would answer fan questions and always encouraged their audience to pay attention to the mysteries, after the show had ended, they claimed the show was never really about the mysteries, it was all about the characters.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 09:34 AM)

What really bugs me with "Lost" is that the producers had willfully negotiated a set end date with the network halfway through season 3 (the show ended with season 6, as planned) specifically so they could plan out the plot for the remainder of the show. Then... the plot wasn't resolved properly.

@  tigerhawk : (18 June 2021 - 04:17 AM)

By then I had lost interest in arc TV shows, I followed a few and got the impression they were just making them up as they went along. Seemed to be a trend starting with new Galactica and Lost though in actuality began with The X Files and has become a trope called 'The Chris Carter Effect'.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:12 AM)

I think it was season 3 part 1 specifically, since they had two separate plot "arcs" for season 3.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:11 AM)

They threw everything in there, with no clear story structure, no clear stakes, and characters flip-flopping wherever the episode's writer needed them to go for their half-baked plot.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:10 AM)

Season 3 was the worst, with a terrible meandering random events plot.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 11:59 PM)

'save the cheerleader' then in season 3 he tears her skull open, scans her power and she simply heals. They didn't think any of it through.

@  Shockwave 75 : (17 June 2021 - 07:04 PM)

Well, you know Hollywood; if something's popular, run it into the ground!

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

And then there was the Writers' Strike, which isn't the show's fault.

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

Yeah, Sylar should've been, if not killed off, at least left to rest.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

It never truly recovered from that.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

Season 1 was good until the finale.

@  Paladin : (17 June 2021 - 09:37 AM)

because it sucked.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 08:58 AM)

Heroes was cancelled twice.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 06:33 AM)

The song's official name is "Holding Out for a Hero".

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 June 2021 - 12:54 AM)

That's a long time to wait for a sandwich.

@  Maruten : (16 June 2021 - 07:13 PM)

Lucky there's a hero arriving in July.

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 June 2021 - 05:38 PM)

I think I've heard "I Need a Hero" more times this past week than I have in the past several years.

@  tigerhawk : (16 June 2021 - 12:41 PM)

Thanks to Earthrise I can recreate the end of Return of Optimus Prime part 1.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 June 2021 - 11:19 AM)

I wish they would do something like that here: but then it would become obvious in which provinces you're getting gouged.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

Here in Germany, the price you see is the price you pay, tax included.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

I always find it weaird hearing that stores in the US don't initially already taxes in their prices.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 04:33 AM)

You know what's kewl? Poor literacy.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 June 2021 - 04:31 PM)

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

@  CORVUS : (15 June 2021 - 04:12 PM)

Kewl. Thanks!

@  Kalidor : (15 June 2021 - 02:08 PM)

Hey everybody! I wanted to announce that Sarahthecutevixen is our newest addition to the Allspark staff. She's primarily looking over discord stuff, but I wanted to make sure she got a welcome over here as well.

@  NovaSaber : (14 June 2021 - 11:07 AM)

Turn-Bass RPG

@  Sabrblade : (14 June 2021 - 10:21 AM)

Do not X0 quietly into the night.

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 June 2021 - 10:13 AM)

All your Bass are--

@  Donocropolis : (14 June 2021 - 05:56 AM)

*Bass X0 not available in Alaska or Hawaii.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2021 - 07:36 PM)

Get your own Big Mouth BassX0 for the low price of $19.95 (plusshippingandhandling)

@  repowers : (13 June 2021 - 12:45 PM)

Mr. Speaker, we are for the Bass X0.

@  Nevermore : (13 June 2021 - 06:04 AM)

It's all about that Bass XD.

Photo

Ranting about quebec... Cause the other thread is archived.

440 replies to this topic

#361 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 44844 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 12 June 2020 - 07:36 AM

Let's talk about bill 61 for a minute, shall we?

Alright: bill 61 is an economic stimulus package. It's entire goal is to fast track large and medium scale infrastructure projects in the province to get the economy moving again. The official opposition is worried that in attempting to fast track these projects, it'll undermine and undo the work (ha!) done on the charbeneau comission (which was anti-corruption.).

What are the PQ worried about? Oh, they don't want bill 61 enacted because it'll fast track an expansion at dawson college which will give les quebecois access to an english education. They literally want maintain their dainty stranglehold on access to education, which was already unconstitutional and illegal.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#362 Ironbite

Ironbite

TIME JUDGED ALL!

• Supporter
  • 29937 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 12 June 2020 - 08:24 AM

It's only illegal if the authorities do anything.

Ironbite-I'm surprised Trudeau hasn't brought down the full might on Quebec for the shit they pull.

xC9l3eY.gif

#363 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44844 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 09:37 AM

Trudeau can't even he wants to. Federal level parties DEPEND on votes from quebec to determine the status of their governments. So to guarantee a function government at some point in any given decade, they have to spoil quebec. the UN has repeatedly called the provincial government out on it's bullshit, but if canada won't step in, nothing will change until the system collapses on it's own, and it hugging won't because of how much money is received from the federal government. The literal definition of "welfare state".

Edit: more to the point: trudeau is hugging FROM here. His riding is here. He knows what bullshit the provincials pull, and has never done anything to address it.

Edited by wonko the sane?, 12 June 2020 - 09:39 AM.

#364 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 11020 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 12 June 2020 - 07:47 PM

Trudeau would never do anything to go against Quebec. Throughout all the racist and prejudiced laws enacted by Quebec (both against actual minorities and POC as well as white anglophone Canadians), Trudeau has remained silent; damnably so. But he's never got a shortage of things to scold the rest of Canada for, from his position looking down on us all.

If anything it's the greatest single piece of evidence of his massive hypocrisy, and the fact most of his progressive ideals are merely a veneer; virtue signalling for the benefit of a largely ignorant public. Trudeau has been a massive disappointment, though few Liberals would have the courage to admit it. The only reason he's still in power is due to the absolute incompetence of the Conservatives and their baffling reluctance to give up on social conservatism (for which there's little appetite in Canada) and instead embrace fiscal responsibility as their primary difference from the Liberals.

https://www.cbc.ca/n...berta-1.1241750

When asked whether he thought Canada was "better served when there are more Quebecers in charge than Albertans," Trudeau replied, "I'm a Liberal, so of course I think so, yes. Certainly when we look at the great prime ministers of the 20th century, those that really stood the test of time, they were MPs from Quebec. There was Trudeau, there was Mulroney, there was Chrétien, there was Paul Martin. We have a role. This country, Canada, it belongs to us."

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 12 June 2020 - 07:53 PM.

#365 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44844 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 08:32 PM

It's pretty simple really. Canada DOES NOT need quebec to be functioning, well rounded and stable country. The federal government ABSOLUTELY needs quebec as an almost perfectly sequestered, completely ignorant voting block. Politicians need quebecers to vote for them, and as consequence provincial parties absolutely milk the federals for everything, and continue to use the threat seperation as leverage.

Nikita Krushchev said "When I want the west to scream, I squeeze on berlin". Well, When quebec wants canada to scream, they squeeze on the canadians stuck here, and insurmountable headache of literally splitting the country in two with a hostile foreign power.

#366 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44844 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 07:35 AM

Alright, this is largely because I am thoroughly enjoying the thought.

So, montreal is a building a light rail system to compliment the existing subway and bus mass transit systems. One of the station is situated in a place called "griffintown" so named by the hundreds of thousands of irish who made griffintown their home dating back to even before the potato famine.

La Mayreiss wanted to name the station after bernard landry. A hard core seperatist, bigot, xenophobe and general asshole. The Irish community (of which I have always respected, and recently found out that my genealogical roots lay there.) wanted... literally any other hugging name. At all. They were pushing for "Griffintown" (What a trip, right? Naming the station after where it's hugging found.) but were willing to compromise and take any other name on the caveat that it reflect the irish history of the city. La Mayreiss's compromise? Naming the station "Griffintown - bernard landry". Even going so far as to hype up the hyphen and noting that griffintown is first during the press conference. For a woman who almost sings when she talks, goddamn is she hugging tone deaf.

Here's the happy thought: That sign will be vandalized every hugging day until they stop bothering to repair it. I guarantee that within a year of the station opening, they'll be running a news story about the constant destruction, how it's insulting to bernard landry and belittling the history of quebec and absolutely and completely miss the irony of those statements.

#367 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44844 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 07:52 AM

Alright, so, the english montreal groups ( a loose collected association of dozens of charities and community groups from montreal.) has taken it upon themselves to create a flag to represent the english of the province of quebec. Of course, this is following the example set by the french communities and groups from outside the province.

Here's the thing: We english here, we're already supposed to have a flag. It's the hugging CANADIAN flag. It's not OUR fault that the government which is suppose to represent and protect US isn't getting up off it's goddamn useless ass and DOING SOMETHING ALREADY. Now, you might say something like "well if the canadian flag represents the english in quebec, then wouldn't the quebec flag represent the french outside of quebec?". No, absolutely not. Quebec is an culture of insulation, exclusion and hate. The french who left are cavorting with the enemy. They learned another language, they bettered themselves, they wanted more than what the seperatists told them to want. The french from alberta are no more welcome here than the english are.

The irony being, and I suspect it's still going to be lost on "les quebecois" is that this restrictive, hateful culture is little better than the church culture they actively revolted against during the quiet revolution.

#368 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44844 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 07:19 AM

Parents, teachers and the opposition are calling on the education minister to release their updated back to school plan. Given how back to school was scheduled for august 25th (or there abouts, it's always a few days before my birthday.), the sooner we they know what to do, the sooner they can begin training for the new requirements.

The problem is: there won't be any new requirements. They will wait until the absolute last second to announce that there will be a full return to the pre-pandemic status quo so that no one can contest the situation. There won't be any extra cleanings, tools, resources or space allocated to schools or teachers. There won't be any hand sanitizers, or PPE, or anything. There will be no extra money to account for anything, there will be no online infrastructure created to help anywhere at any time. This was their plan months ago when that report that stated young children are likely to suffer severely from covid, and less likely to transmit it, and it's their plan NOW.

High School? Yeah, most quebecois don't make it through high school, so they don't care. Everyone else can go hug themselves. We're right back to where we were politically and socially before all this shit happened. My sister (whom has an eleven year old.) has already received a letter from her kids school stating that bus service will be entirely normal, except for the requirement to wear a mask at all times. Since the requirement starts before you even get on the bus, then it's obvious that the schools will NOT be providing any resources towards protecting the kids at all. Which is basically par for the course.

#369 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44844 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 07:16 AM

-Bloc leader (federal.) Blanchet has made the audacious claim that trudeau and morneau has lost their trust, and will move to force a no confidence vote this fall if the aforementioned two do not resign. All this is in reference to the "we charity" scandal.

Alright... so blanchet represents a minority group from a single province whose sole purpose is to break up the country... what exactly have you done to EARN the trust of canada to make any claims on their behalf? Maybe you should be worried about your own status as party leader, considering you oversaw an exodus from your own ranks to form yet another seperatist party.

-Oh, a recent report from the OQLF has stated that a SHOCKING 40% of quebec businesses want their employees to have competence in english. The majority of those businesses are also located in the montreal area, so of course the whole thing is utterly unacceptable. This is where we still hugging are; everyone is trying to get over and recover from a global pandemic and massive economic downturn, so of course let's hug things up by further throttling the use of language in the province.

So, stop and consider the statements made. The economic engine of the province wants to speak english. Considering how english is the international language of commerce, and montreal is a port city, cosmopolitan tourist destination and education hub in north america, maybe there's good hugging reason the people there want to speak english.

-The quebec government has stockpiled about thirty thousand portable devices to help support students should classes need to be put online again. Only a couple of problems with this. 1.) Every time the quebec government has shot out a number in context outside the daily covid stats, it has been an outright lie. 2.) They've done absolutely NOTHING to affect the severe problems associated with access to information (some of the poorest places in the province are also the ones worst struck by the pandemic, and many of them DO NOT have reliable internet access, never mind at the speeds needed to join online classes.). 3.) To have access to both the online schooling AND the stock of those devices, you are required to have a doctors note to confirm that either you yourself or someone in your house is considered to be high risk for covid, and the government has issued incredibly strict guidelines for doctors to follow, essentially denying access and killing people. Never mind how 50-some percent of the province STILL DOES NOT have access to family doctors, or regular medical care at all.

So yeah, much like the americans, come september quebec will officially be bored of the pandemic and choosing to ignore it going forward. Nice that things are back to normal.

Edited by wonko the sane?, 13 August 2020 - 07:17 AM.

#370 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44844 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 05:22 PM

Alright, so the recent winner of the conservative party election, Erin O'Toole, visited legault today. This is the high notes of stuff he promised:

-Not to contest bill 21

-To give quebec more power when it comes to immigration

-To allow quebec to apply bill 101 to federal institutions

Everything a tory thinks quebec actually wants in a vain attempt to curry votes, proving that he in fact a tool.

#371 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44844 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 12:09 PM

Welp, infections are up, and this time it's not just the nursing homes. They apparently rolled out a colour coded scale to indicate progression, but I know nothing about it other than it's existence, and even then I only heard about it three days ago. Seems like we're heading into the new wave which, historically, is usually three times worse than the first.

But since the CAQ will pull an american on it, and is prioritizing the economy over lives, there will probably be no new lock downs unless enforced by individuals and businesses. Six months ago when all this started, I was worried that the competence displayed by the CAQ would be enough to get them another mandate in office: but I'm not worried anymore. Between the blatant string of lies associated with the consequences of the pandemic, and an utterly baffling intent to rush something which will not be rushed, they've nicely hugged themselves over in terms of votes. Yeah, even in areas not overly affected by the disease, a lot of them are still sore over the lock downs and enforced furloughs.

#372 Pale Rider

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.

• Citizen
  • 10098 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 06:33 PM

Every time you post about Quebec, the more I believe that it's destined to be annexed by the US.  It'll fit right in.

#373 Pocket

Pocket

Naylte ven, naylte yen.

• Citizen
  • 5362 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 06:40 PM

They wouldn't bite. We'd probably force them to speak English.

"If you can keep your head while everyone around you is losing theirs, chances are you're not paying attention." - unknown

#374 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44844 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 08:21 PM

You'd absolutely force them to speak english, on top of which you'd also enforce the US school system. Which, while it might be par for quality with the french schools, would also absolutely forego anything to do whatsoever with french quebec history.

Which might be a good thing since so much of that is outright lies told to politicize the curriculum.

#375 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44844 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 06:53 AM

A news report on the morning show asked a simple question today: what does quebec need? Actually need right now.

Well, we need more doctors, more nurses, more open hospital beds. More GP's and in general more access to medical care.

Well, what are we actually getting?

Oh, we're getting dozens of new hugging tongue troopers to enforce the language laws! Yup, the CAQ is throwing 5 million at the OQLF to build new offices and hire new jackboots to harass people in their homes and businesses. Because ignoring the problems right in front of the your face takes a special kind of arrogance.

#376 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44844 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 06:39 PM

I was privileged enough to watch the prime ministers address, and the rebuttals from the opposition parties tonight. Thankfully, it was blessedly short. Here's the high points:

Trudeau rehashed limited ongoing support for workers and businesses during the pandemic, a noted desire for green industries in the future, restated the same promises as the last six years, and used that combination of dry charm and easy smile to try and give canadians a sense of hope. He failed, but at least he tried.

O'Tool (tool that he is.) claimed trudeau cared nothing for the budget and was doing nothing to unite canadians (which is laughable since he's in insolation because of being exposed to covid when he had a meeting with legault in which he promised to allow the province to continue it's unconstitutional and bigoted march towards quebecois purity.) and in short, either twisted the words or outright lied about what trudeau said.

Blanchet did his rebuttal entirely in french, because why not? Not like anyone outside quebec gives a flying hug what the halfwit has to say. Here's what he said: He bitched about canada wanting an accounting of the health transfers done to quebec. The same way a welfare case will bitch when asked about how much he spends on smokes and beer. He said nothing of redeeming value, and his very presence is an insult to canadian democracy. A democracy he is actively threatening right now, as both he and the tool from the tories are threatening to bring down the government.

Sighn of the NDP made an attempt at a critical and intelligent rebuttal, but I could barely listen to the dude, he has all the charisma of non-fissionable rock. Wants basic guaranteed income, wants a comprehensive pharmacare program, wants nationwide childcare.

Long story short: Two of three opposition parties want to bring down the government because they hope to be in a better position to hug things up after an election. The NDP is one who can actually make it happen, and are intelligent enough to know they will NOT be in a better position after an election, and consequently will work with the liberals instead of stonewalling and bitching. Trudeau will finish his mandate and when canada DOES go to the polls, we will once again have to choose between three worthless knobs and a lump of silicon.

#377 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 11020 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 24 September 2020 - 01:25 AM

I turned it off after Blanchet started. The translating is just so awkwardly done, I couldn't listen to it anymore. I have a very low threshold of tolerance for speeches by Canadian politicians due to the bilingualism. I'd very much prefer subtitles since, as always, the dub is so poorly done.

They're all tools, IMO. At this point I just can't stand a single one of them and their insincere bullshit. Not a single one of them know how REAL people in this country struggle day to day, and not one of them could care less. Trudeau might as well give up on the part of his speeches that always focus on helping "the middle class and those working to join it", because the middle class (in this country and EVERYWHERE else) will never be the same after this pandemic has run its course.

Neither the Liberals nor Conservatives will ever willingly raise taxes on the wealthy, who are now the ONLY demographic in Canadian society that has the fiscal capacity to absorb an increase in taxation without it reducing their standard of living. But they also know middle earners are more or less taxed to the hilt, and can't take anymore. So it seems Trudeau has chosen to embrace the so-called "modern monetary theory" by which governments can seemingly borrow endlessly without any consequence. I mean, everyone else is doing it, so why not, I guess?

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 24 September 2020 - 01:32 AM.

#378 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44844 posts

Posted 24 September 2020 - 06:26 AM

No one is ever going to call them on their debt, or attempt to claim it. They functionally CAN borrow indefinitely, and still be in better standing than the US. Until we have our "a flower is not worth three houses" moment like holland did way back when, everything will work fine.

#379 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 44844 posts

Posted 24 September 2020 - 06:10 PM

So, the ombudsman of long term care in quebec released a 166 page report about the CHSLD Herron: The facility where the highest number of deaths occurred in quebec. In it, he outlined the causes of the ridiculous losses, which included; massively insufficient staff, massively untrained staff, a lack of resources for employees, a lack of protective equipment (and yeah, those are apparently different things.), managerial incompetence, poorly maintained structure, poor hygiene and generally described conditions which wouldn't be out of place in a war time field hospital or third world mud hut. The kicker? This recent report mirrors one written five years ago about the system in general, which mirrored one written five years before. Long standing problems brought to a deathly head by pandemic. The Federal government is planning on creating and implementing a national standard for LTC facilities, and of course, quebec has already told them to jog on. Can't have the people paying for those things involved in the running of them. Not. At. All.

Also today: a school two blocks up from my home (Ecole Gerard Fillion. You can spot it on google maps and then have fun trying to find my house!) sent the entirety of grades 7 and 8 home to quarantine. High schools are apparently having a hell of a time keeping up the requirements of the pandemic, and it's showing as most of the transmission seen in the province is now coming out of the schools. Even students are demanding more rules and requirements be met: like maybe taking temperatures before allowing entry, and making it easier to actually stay home when presenting symptoms. Of course, transmission tracing would be useful, but the testing centers are between 4-6 days behind, and quebec is refusing to use the software the federal government created to allow for quicker tracing.

ALSO today: the health minister is begging people to stay home, not visit friends, not do anything but go to school or work: If we cancel thanksgiving and stay isolated, we can have christmas! Also; the bars, theatres and restaurants are open. So please, only go out with people from your own household. Stupid hugger just cancelled christmas. They refuse to force anything to close, and will not enable or enforce even small scale regional lock downs.

Also today: One of my odd jobs is to visit and help a nice old lady (97 in january... you know, if the pandemic doesn't take her.) get a little exercise, and help her with her ipad. Lovely old bird, but deaf as a doornail. I was there for about a half hour today. In the time between GOING to her room, and LEAVING her room, they had isolated one of the rooms in her wing, on her floor. With the full biohazard requirement to enter the space. It's starting again, and literally nothing has changed at all since march. Now, it's entirely possible that this poor sap is simply down with a cold and the facility is over compensating because... hug, we all know why, but it's still four to six days to get an answer, and a LOT of damage can happen in a week.

Quebec's big plan to see use through the rest of the pandemic is the american plan: hug it, there'll be a vaccine eventually, and we're not responsible for failing the population. They're more than happy to blame the people, and scream about private parties all while passing the buck on oversight to people whom have no ability to enforce anything: cause the grocer is going to risk his job by kicking a maskless person out of the store.

#380 Pale Rider

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.

• Citizen
  • 10098 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 06:28 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users