Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 September 2020 - 05:04 PM)

The wall could use some decorating, though. Maybe a nice shelf or a portrait.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 04:32 PM)

I'm laughing so hard XDDD

@  ▲ndrusi : (25 September 2020 - 02:31 PM)

He doesn't even mind this time. You know what? It's comfortable here.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 02:23 PM)

AND THEN KNOCKOUT WAS IN THE WALL AGAIN XDDD

@  Bass X0 : (25 September 2020 - 01:11 PM)

is an annoying stage in Super Mario World.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2020 - 02:15 PM)

Gnarly.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 September 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Beast Era, a blonde rat called Sunsqueaker.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 September 2020 - 01:00 PM)

And then Knockout was in the wall again.

@  Sabrblade : (24 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Knockout: "Ooh, sorry, Lord Megatron. The correct word was... 'Decepticon'."

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 September 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Knockout: *while doing a crossword puzzle* Lord Megatron, whats a ten letter word for disappointment? | Megatron: ...... Starscream.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 September 2020 - 01:20 PM)

@Bass X0 Shockwave did it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 11:56 AM)

At least it's not Suntwerker.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

I read that name as "suntweaker" the first time, and was terrified for a moment...

@  Bass X0 : (23 September 2020 - 03:41 AM)

Prowl did nothing wrong.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 01:50 AM)

Smashy, Stabby, Selfy, and Shieldy.

@  Xero Prime : (22 September 2020 - 08:52 PM)

RunFast, MuckyTrail, TrackBreaker and Sunstreaker

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 September 2020 - 06:16 AM)

Runamuck, Fasttrack, Sunstreaker, and Trailbreaker.

@  Nevermore : (22 September 2020 - 06:13 AM)

Cardboard and plastic.

@  Paladin : (22 September 2020 - 05:52 AM)

what's IN Wave 3, anyway?

@  Telly : (21 September 2020 - 06:35 PM)

i dont think theyre due for release until november. at least thats when target says ill get trailbreaker and sunstreaker. thought the wiki says theyre out in singapore

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 September 2020 - 06:01 PM)

Has wave 3 actually reached anywhere yet?

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 September 2020 - 04:40 PM)

A few more Bearimy's for Earthrise wave 3 to reach the UK

@  Spiritofeigh... : (20 September 2020 - 05:07 PM)

Cheers pal.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 September 2020 - 04:42 PM)

Welcome aboard!

@  Spiritofeigh... : (20 September 2020 - 04:38 PM)

Hey, new to the boards

@  RichardT1977 : (20 September 2020 - 02:29 PM)

I had an idea for a Spiral Zone/Go-Busters crossover fanfic...

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 06:35 PM)

I loved what was there, and think it's pretty ripe for "renegades" style reboot.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 03:13 PM)

It's a shame as I loved Spiral Zone, and the design from the Japanese Toyline of the same name are fantastic, I adore the monowheel motorbike.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 03:12 PM)

Hasbro doesn't seem to have any interest in doing anything with the TV show, haven't greenlit any attempt to rerelease it, and there have been approaches, so I think it may be aother one of Tonka's legal carcrashes where everyone involved owns a piece and it's not really worth anyone sticking their neck out to claim ownership.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 01:47 PM)

I feel that homages and references would be a fun way to expand the GI Joe brand, and give a little love to lines that are unlikely to be acknowledged beyond such capacity.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 01:47 PM)

I was under the impression that Bandai was more the character design aspects, not story or characters.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 12:55 PM)

Also isn't it in rights limbo, given how it's loosely based on concepts from a BanDai series much like GoBots?

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 12:52 PM)

We don't need a Spiral Zone reboot, in a decade or so we'll be living it.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 12:49 PM)

Yeah, but it would fundamentally change the base premise of both gijoe and spiral zone. It's either not the world spanning threat it was, or the zone riders are backed up by a competent force. Either way, you compromise the context of both.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:19 PM)

Akin to what was done with Matt Tracker in 2008.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:18 PM)

Again, not a PURE transplant, but an integration of ideas and concepts into the world of GI Joe.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:18 PM)

@Wonko The Cobra Overlord, with help from Dr. Mindbender and Cesspool, develops machines capable of generating a mind-controlling fog. GI Joe stalwarts Flint, Airtight, Lifeline, and Psyche-Out are joined by Colonal Courage to infiltrate these zones and disable the machines. Figures would sport hostile environment suits (Eco warriors cross with Spiral Zone) and make new versions of the mono-wheel vehicles.

@  Maximus Ambus : (19 September 2020 - 09:39 AM)

Hasbroverse.2 with bought properties: Bravestarr, Ulysses 31, Galaxy Rangers, Shadow Raiders, Manta Force, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Mighty Orbots, Jem and Bigfoot and the Muscle Machines. Seamless.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 08:32 AM)

While acknoledging spiral zone would be pretty boss, I doubt they could actively integrate it into anything else: given the scale of the villains deeds.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 08:03 AM)

COPS, Spiral Zone, Shadow Strikers, Action Man, Centurions, MegaForce. They wouldn’t replicate the old lines, but simply acknowledging their existence would be nifty.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 08:01 AM)

I would love to see GI Joe become something of a “celebration of action figures”. Hasbro has SO MANY old action figure properties, and many could slot into the GI Joe umbrella with relative ease.

@  Otaku : (19 September 2020 - 12:04 AM)

G.I. Joe, CyberCOPS, and M.A.S.K. all seem like something that would work from Animated or Prime, though CyberCOPS might have been a bit trickier from Prime.

@  Sabrblade : (18 September 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Rik Alvarez originally wanted the last episode of Prime to spinoff into a new MASK reboot.

@  Otaku : (18 September 2020 - 08:19 PM)

The failed Hasbroverse reminds me how so many things could have been spun off from Transformers: Animated and (after that) Transformers: Prime.

@  ▲ndrusi : (18 September 2020 - 12:43 PM)

Requiem of the Wreckers was post-Revolution, but it was also, you know, a single issue.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 September 2020 - 11:06 AM)

But Roche didn't have a series to keep out from the crossovers since Sins of the Wreckers was before Revolution.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 September 2020 - 11:01 AM)

Oh wait, that post said Roche, not Barber.

@  Rycochet : (18 September 2020 - 10:46 AM)

And then seemed surprised nobody particlarly wanted it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 September 2020 - 10:25 AM)

Wasn't Barber among the editorial guys that pushed for Hasbroverse?

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 September 2020 - 10:19 AM)

He did it possibly due to 616 Spider-Mans marriage reset between Civil War and Secret Invasion.

Photo
- - - - -

Stupid little jokes that are only funny to you because of robbits

fandom

19 replies to this topic

#1 repowers

repowers

I AM THE ONE OF GOOD!!!

• Citizen
  • 1629 posts
  • Location:It looks like he's headed directly toward... WASHINGTON, D.C.!!

Posted 24 November 2017 - 03:08 PM

The intersection of my robots hobby with my other hobbies and interests is often close to zero. So I get little stupid things that make me smile a little but like, nobody else would get: 

There's a song called "Playgirl" by a band called Ladytron. The chorus goes "Hey play girl" a lot, but I always involuntarily rewrite it in my head to "Hate plague girl".

Our primary drafting software at work (which I hate) often complains about "constrains are not satisfied" when I'm editing walls or whatever. My brain always responds with Shockwave's irritated voice: "Then REMOVE the constraints! We need the walls relocated IMMEDIATELY!"

and on and on.... what are yours?

repowers @ TFWiki.net

Robert is made to withstand plenty of play, and transforms from car to robot! Go, Robert, go!

Why will we solve after Robert grasps the abysmal winter's ulcer? He may change rural tailors, do you join them? The films, tapes, and spoons are all good and fresh.

#2 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 2138 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 24 November 2017 - 03:31 PM

Well because of the Allspark's swear filter I side-eyed a guy at a convention once who was dressed as a cow and was carrying a sign that said "Hug a cow," until I realized it wasn't....quite as off as I thought it was.

#3 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 9799 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 05:21 PM

Not really a joke, but I am basically incapable of spelling the word "blur" correctly on the first try, and anytime I read it looks looks wrong to me.

#4 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11832 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 24 November 2017 - 07:10 PM

In "99 Red Balloons," there's a lyric that I mishear as "The war machine springs to life, opens up one evil eye. . ."

ZvS0fWi.jpg

#5 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

Creator of all things Transformers

• Citizen
  • 5517 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:24 PM

I just can't take british people seriously anymore thanks to MTMTE.

#6 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31046 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 24 November 2017 - 10:37 PM

I do a double-take every time someone uses that darn "Beast Mode!" expression in situations that have nothing to do with Transformers.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#7 Chip

Chip

Machine Saurer, my strength / Only you can understand my heart.

• Citizen
  • 8242 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 10:46 PM

I've seen a picture of a Lancia Stratos in Martini Racing livery. A normal person just thinks that's a nice looking car, which of course it is. A person who knows transformers recognizes it as Wheeljack's car mode in Jazz's color scheme. A person damaged by prolonged exposure to the fandom knows there's an mpreg fanfc out there to explain it.

#8 unitremover

unitremover
  • Retired Staff
  • 1537 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 25 November 2017 - 12:04 AM

I've slowly been turning into a casual F1 fan over the past couple years and I still have that little disconnect where every time I watch a race there's a second where I wonder why Williams made their cars look like Jazz before I remember what the deal actually is.

#9 Rufus

Rufus
  • Citizen
  • 322 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 25 November 2017 - 12:25 AM

I do a double-take every time someone uses that darn "Beast Mode!" expression in situations that have nothing to do with Transformers.

Has that ever been traced back to know for sure it doesn't have its roots in Beast Wars? i feel like it started to gain popularity in the mid-00s, so any actual young-uns who were raised on BW would be older and ready to repurpose it. 

Since my phone likes to tell me when I only have 20% power left and then 10%, and I manually have to tell it to keep going, I eventually had to throw this together:

dinobotoverride.jpg

#10 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31046 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 01:40 AM

Has that ever been traced back to know for sure it doesn't have its roots in Beast Wars? i feel like it started to gain popularity in the mid-00s, so any actual young-uns who were raised on BW would be older and ready to repurpose it. 

I was a Beast Wars kid and the first cases I heard its use was with people of a younger generation of post-Beast Wars millennials.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#11 Wildwade

Wildwade

Stupid idiots won't let me in their crappy club for jerks.

• Citizen
  • 2809 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 06:43 AM

When I'm really hungry, I sometimes unwillingly start hearing this in my head.

#12 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Citizen
  • 9628 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:07 AM

Well because of the Allspark's swear filter I side-eyed a guy at a convention once who was dressed as a cow and was carrying a sign that said "Hug a cow," until I realized it wasn't....quite as off as I thought it was.

This, so much.

My brain will forevermore interpret poor Road Hugger's name as being obscene.

#13 Sciflyer

Sciflyer

Tomorrow's Harvest

• Citizen
  • 3611 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:13 AM

Yep.  I actually have Road Hugger tires on my car, and I can't help but giggle a little bit every time I see the name.  Thanks Allspark!

#14 Enbee

Enbee
  • Supporter
  • 2443 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:15 AM

Since the 2007 movie I can't help but read "eBay" in Cullen's voice, every single time.

#15 Jet

Jet

Runaway Raccoon

• Citizen
  • 25009 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 01:12 PM

Every time I watch the first movie, any time Bonecrusher appears I make a "Bonecrusher hates (whatever's happening on screen)" crack.

D&D has to report to shareholders. Pathfinder only has to impress its neckbeards.

#16 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 9799 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 01:53 PM

I've just assumed Beast Wars was the source.

#17 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Thighs should be seductive.

• Supporter
  • 51863 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 02:36 PM

It seemed to come around too late for that, like others have said. And unlike Beast Wars, it was after "sleep mode" and similar phrases from the phones-and-social-media side had become a part of your grandmother's lexicon.

Edited by Copper Bezel, 25 November 2017 - 02:37 PM.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#18 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 9799 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 05:02 PM

It seemed to come around too late for that, like others have said. 

I'm not so sure about that. Like, it's associated with football player Marshawn Lynch. He was born in 1986, and so would have been 10-13 during Beast Wars, as would other players of his generation. 

This article on the origin of sports phrases actually suggests the video game Altered Beast as possible source, and that's even older than Beast Wars!

#19 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Thighs should be seductive.

• Supporter
  • 51863 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 05:06 PM

Ah, yeah, that makes some sense as an origin story and would explain the apparent delay. 

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#20 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15562 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 11:48 PM

It's not that the band Primus was ruined for me.
Woooo!

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fandom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users