Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Benbot : (25 June 2019 - 08:58 AM)

That game needs a remake

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (25 June 2019 - 08:57 AM)

I am Error.

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 June 2019 - 08:17 AM)

There is no error. There is only Zuul.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (25 June 2019 - 07:51 AM)

The unicron singularity fixes all continuity errors.. including Power Rangers related ones now!

@  MEDdMI : (25 June 2019 - 07:06 AM)

I reject your canon and substitute my own

@  unluckiness : (25 June 2019 - 12:32 AM)

Answer: It doesn't matter because even if there was one, it was never relevant in S1 and it got blown up with his original body

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 June 2019 - 10:55 PM)

Most people think Transformers canon is a series of discrete parallel lines, really it's more like a big ball of canony-wanony... stuff.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 June 2019 - 06:31 PM)

Hate to say this, but the simple answer is that you are thinking too hard and realistically, it does not matter.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 June 2019 - 04:57 PM)

Don't tell me what to do.

@  Paladin : (24 June 2019 - 04:16 PM)

don't cross the streams.

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 03:03 PM)

Or is this what AVP meant when he said that condradictory streams formed the JG1 timeline?

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 02:25 PM)

I don't like that idea.

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 02:24 PM)

In Ask Vector Prime, it was mentioned that in the Beast Wars 2 universe, Convoys all have Energon Matrices and that when Optimus Primal from the Japanese Beast Wars stream was transported to the Beast Wars 2 stream, his history was subtly altered that he too possessed an Energon Matrix. What does this mean? That Beast Wars 2 is actually not canon to the Japanese Beast Wars?

@  MEDdMI : (24 June 2019 - 08:54 AM)

yeah, I've got a few others that I need to check out/get removed. The nose one is small but annoying since I hit it every time I blow my nose.

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2019 - 08:46 AM)

Try to get a histopath examination if it isn't too expensive over there. It's probably just a mole but I'd think certainty would be better.

@  MEDdMI : (24 June 2019 - 07:59 AM)

@unluckiness I know, plan to get it removed but gotta get an appt first

@  Gizmoboy : (24 June 2019 - 07:50 AM)

oops... typed that in the wrong field. :)

@  Gizmoboy : (24 June 2019 - 07:50 AM)

gizmoboy

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2019 - 03:18 AM)

That is not a good thing, especially in the long term

@  MEDdMI : (23 June 2019 - 10:17 PM)

So who wants to hear about this mole on my nose that I keep scratching open

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 June 2019 - 09:24 PM)

Yeah, it's kind of defeating the purpose of making political discussions more restricted if you're just gonna go at it elsewhere on this site.

@  Telly : (23 June 2019 - 07:06 PM)

that would probly fit better in the p & r thread. its there for things just like this

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:29 PM)

The citizens resisted by buying up all the town's beer reserves so the Nazis would have to stay sober the entire time.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:28 PM)

Meanwhile, congratulations civil resistance, part 2: So a group of Nazis were holding one of their Good Old Times Reenactment festivals in a small East German town.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:26 PM)

It's basically like an anti-Trump candidate winning Texas.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:25 PM)

The mayoral elections of Istanbul are considered to be a key indicator for the political climate in the entire country.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:24 PM)

This time, it was a landslide victory for the opposition's candidate.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:23 PM)

After president Erdogan had a court revoke the results of the mayoral election of Istanbul after the opposition party's candidate had won by a small margin, the election was repeated today.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:21 PM)

Congratulations, democracy part 1: Today is a historic day for Turkey.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 June 2019 - 02:31 PM)

Convert, does he timeout?

@  unluckiness : (23 June 2019 - 09:12 AM)

Did he form the feet and legs or the arms and body?

@  Patch : (22 June 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Nah, he was one of the Lions

@  MEDdMI : (22 June 2019 - 04:45 PM)

Is he a Shellformer

@  Nevermore : (22 June 2019 - 12:38 PM)

Supposedly it's about that football player Calvin Johnson.

@  Pennpenn : (22 June 2019 - 07:03 AM)

I'm vaguely confused why there is a Nicki Minaj song in my youtube reccomendations, but even more confused as to why that song (which appears to be from an official account) is called "MEGATRON".

@  Liege : (21 June 2019 - 10:03 PM)

Alpha Q all night long.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (21 June 2019 - 10:44 AM)

Only if you ask nicely, Silv.

@  RichardT1977 : (21 June 2019 - 09:42 AM)

1998 Zilla is the Gaijin era.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 June 2019 - 01:59 AM)

Alpha Q?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (21 June 2019 - 01:16 AM)

Alpha Q, and U, but not U.

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 June 2019 - 08:55 PM)

KISS Players

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 June 2019 - 07:15 PM)

Ultra Q

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 June 2019 - 03:15 PM)

So which series is 90s American Godzilla?

@  Dekafox : (20 June 2019 - 03:12 PM)

So G1 Marvel would be Showa Transformers then

@  NotVeryKnightly : (20 June 2019 - 12:37 PM)

Yes.

@  RichardT1977 : (20 June 2019 - 12:05 PM)

Is it weeby of me to refer to the two IDW TF continuities as Heisei and Reiwa? I mean, the switchover almost perfectly lines up with the change of eras...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 June 2019 - 10:35 AM)

I hate when the spicy version of something isn't spicy!

@  Pennpenn : (20 June 2019 - 08:43 AM)

I hate it when the spicy version of something is in almost identical packaging to the non-spicy version. Especially when I don't notice until I've got home.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 June 2019 - 05:44 PM)

They make a lot of pills for that.

@  Nevermore : (19 June 2019 - 05:42 PM)

I got the results of the test back. I definitely have no sense of humor.

Photo
- - - - -

Los Angeles Times interview with Peter Cullen - Now with Den of Geek interview

16 replies to this topic

#1 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9420 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:02 PM

http://www.latimes.c...-htmlstory.html

Distinct from Collider's interview from last week.

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#2 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Accessorized.

• Supporter
  • 49308 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:45 PM

Very distinct. The bit about his brother seems like a follow-up to his answer in the Collider interview, and it's great.

Well, yeah. The animated series, before digital, was done in a small recording studio with cast.

As God intended, and all other voice acting is aiming for failure with an impeccable hit rate.

I never use Optimus Prime's voice for anything else.

Erm.

Unrelated, Titans Return is on Tumblr for non-US viewers? Because I found Titans Return episodes on Tumblr, but not from official channels, and I found Machinima's page, but it didn't have Titans Return on it.

Edited by Copper Bezel, 21 November 2017 - 04:45 PM.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#3 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 7800 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:10 PM

That "Be a hero" story gets me every time I hear it.

#4 Telly

Telly

Killing forums since 1999!

• Retired Staff
  • 7869 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:51 PM

Well, yeah. The animated series, before digital, was done in a small recording studio with cast.

As God intended, and all other voice acting is aiming for failure with an impeccable hit rate.

i can see why they do it they way they do now, but being able to have a dynamic with someone opposite you is a true lost art

Edited by Telly, 21 November 2017 - 08:52 PM.

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#5 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 17122 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:56 PM

Don't, like, most American cartoons do most of their voice work ensemble? I mean, we know Rescue Bots was, and we know Prime was, and I guess I just assumed RID was...but I would have said it was true of most non-ADR cartoons.

#6 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

Creator of all things Transformers

• Citizen
  • 5433 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:00 PM

RID was essemble yeah. I think all Hasbro Studio shows do it like that. I'm actualy not aware of any show going on right now that doesn't do it like tha, so dunno what Peter is going on about.

#7 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Accessorized.

• Supporter
  • 49308 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:26 PM

The movies and Machinima I think.

Edit: For different reasons, I mean, since the movies have him locked in a sound booth and Machinima he apparently does from home over Skype.

Edited by Copper Bezel, 21 November 2017 - 09:29 PM.

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#8 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 17122 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:03 PM

That is exactly as much commitment as Machinima should have.

#9 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 27909 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:23 PM

Erm.

Even long before that:

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#10 D.M

D.M
  • Citizen
  • 2940 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 06:14 AM

Erm.

Plus Sectaurs, Saber Rider, Dungeons & Dragons...

Unless he's thinking of the live action stuck-in-epic-speech-mode Optimus voice. :p

Edited by D.M, 22 November 2017 - 06:15 AM.

#11 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

Creator of all things Transformers

• Citizen
  • 5433 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 22 November 2017 - 07:33 AM

I think he was talking in an actor meaning like "Oh I don't think of it was The Optimus voice, i just lower my voice depending on the role accordingly" or something. I've seen Tara Strong give the exact same answer to the exact same question.

#12 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 27909 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:56 AM

I think he was talking in an actor meaning like "Oh I don't think of it was The Optimus voice, i just lower my voice depending on the role accordingly" or something. I've seen Tara Strong give the exact same answer to the exact same question.

I never knew Tara Strong had her own Optimus Prime voice. :p

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#13 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 26591 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:25 AM

At the very least, I would imagine he didn't think of it as The Optimus Voice until comparatively recently. All of those counter-examples are pretty old.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#14 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Accessorized.

• Supporter
  • 49308 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:08 PM

Yeah, fair.

So Den of Geek caught an interview as well. Interesting bit on auditioning for the 2007 movie. 

Going back and forth between the two characters, I could see Michael Bay was going to be a little bit concerned. “Is this guy gonna give me a cartoon interpretation of this new multimillion dollar movie, or is he going to be able to act the part?" So in retrospect I probably shouldn’t have done Ironhide, because I did have to go back the next time and prove I really could act. I haven’t told that story in awhile.

ETA: Our article on the piece.

Edited by Copper Bezel, 08 January 2018 - 12:21 PM.

#15 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2587 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:06 AM

[on Optimus' death in the 86 Movie]

I was stunned when I first read about it. I was reading the script, getting ready to go into recording. I was with Frank Welker and I got to the page, and I just read it and when the dust settled in my brain, i said "wait a minute, this is it, I’m not coming back. Oh damn." Or whatever curse words were available at the time, I chose those that were appropriate.

:D

Pretty interesting little interview. Wouldn't have thought he never got the fan reactions at the time. That... kinda sucks for anyone who wrote him fan mail...

#16 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 27909 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:10 AM

[on Optimus' death in the 86 Movie]

I was stunned when I first read about it. I was reading the script, getting ready to go into recording. I was with Frank Welker and I got to the page, and I just read it and when the dust settled in my brain, i said "wait a minute, this is it, I’m not coming back. Oh damn." Or whatever curse words were available at the time, I chose those that were appropriate.

:D

Pretty interesting little interview. Wouldn't have thought he never got the fan reactions at the time. That... kinda sucks for anyone who wrote him fan mail...

Yeah, it wasn't until his first BotCon that he first learned about how much people loved and appreciated his Optimus back then. Up until that point, he had zero idea of just how popular he and Optimus Prime were.

#17 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Accessorized.

• Supporter
  • 49308 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:21 AM

"Our work for hire contract specifies that this is our fan mail! Muwahaha!" *Executives swim in vault of fan mail*

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users