Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (15 October 2019 - 02:55 PM)

I got stabbed in the eyelid by a mudwasp, pulled down a tree, and then got ice cream. You know, all told: not a bad day.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 October 2019 - 09:17 AM)

Burrunjor

@  Paladin : (15 October 2019 - 08:04 AM)

your mom.

@  Benbot : (15 October 2019 - 08:02 AM)

What's your favorite Paleolithic megafauna?

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:06 PM)

Together with the Rhino G1 sets, probably the most expensive DVDs I ever bought

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:01 PM)

I've still got the age-old Rhino sets

@  Telly : (14 October 2019 - 09:09 PM)

i didnt find that at any of the ones around here, so i had to settle for seasons 1 and 2 of duckman for $3

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Heck, I got the season 2/3 set for $3 (?) from a Dollar General discount bin :p

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 07:29 PM)

The series is pretty cheap on DVD, too, which at least will work internet or no. The complete series set seems to be OOP, but there's a Season 1 set as well as a combined 2 & 3 set.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 06:10 PM)

Woot! Beast wars!

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 06:08 PM)

Yay! Tubi now has the first season of Rescue Bots and the full run of Beast Wars FINALLY available.

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 02:16 PM)

Just like me in a game of Civilization. Don't have gunpowder? Time for your cities to burn.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 01:51 PM)

He dubbed the peoples that saw him as bad news cannibals and savages before enslaving and wiping them out too.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 01:40 PM)

And if they had been unfriendly: he would have simply slaughtered them with diseases they couldn't fight, and technology they couldn't match until they as a people did not exist. There's something about european backgrounds that drive us to exploit.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 11:02 AM)

He described the peoples he encountered as some of the most friendly and giving in the world, so naturally, he ate all their food, enslaved them and put them to work looking for gold that did not exist, until they as a people did not exist.

@  Paladin : (14 October 2019 - 09:57 AM)

he landed by coincidence in front of long-term residents.

@  Sabrblade : (14 October 2019 - 09:55 AM)

He said the world was round-o! (He said the world was round-o!) He said it could be found-o! (He said it could be found-o!) That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo! (That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo!)

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 09:22 AM)

In the year 1492, Columbus gave us the day off skoo

@  Noideaforaname : (14 October 2019 - 08:59 AM)

How often do people actually celebrate Columbus or the Pilgrims? Usually it just feels like celebrating the first break in the school year and a nice dinner with the family.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 08:29 AM)

You've got like two more weeks until the american thanksgiving. Canadian thanksgiving is literally a harvest festival.

@  CVReynolds : (14 October 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Hey, everyone. Come together to enjoy this national holiday made to celebrate a mass-murderer who never set foot in the USA. What fun!

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 07:25 AM)

that's perfect!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 October 2019 - 02:22 AM)

A school-bus combiner called Valedictorion.

@  TriBlurr : (13 October 2019 - 12:16 AM)

Honor-Roll

@  Arazyr : (11 October 2019 - 08:18 AM)

I like that one.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Oh, how about Dropout?

@  Pinkcolliebot : (09 October 2019 - 07:47 PM)

Hey Everyone I'm beginning to put together The TF Roll Out Short Hot Rod's Presentation!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 02:35 PM)

Truant.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 October 2019 - 12:26 PM)

Haslab Unicron may change the direction of Cyberverse or the netflix series.

@  wonko the sane? : (09 October 2019 - 11:31 AM)

Bluecheesewagon

@  Benbot : (09 October 2019 - 07:09 AM)

Those are too friendly--what if he was a Decepticon?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (08 October 2019 - 07:23 PM)

Cheesewagon

@  Dekafox : (08 October 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Bus-Top has a very GoBot vibe

@  Bass X0 : (08 October 2019 - 10:51 AM)

I actually never heard of the name Megalodon until recently.

@  Noideaforaname : (08 October 2019 - 09:44 AM)

Bus-Top, Omnibus, Cerebus, Busicus, Busicon

@  unluckiness : (08 October 2019 - 09:32 AM)

Otto

@  unluckiness : (08 October 2019 - 09:32 AM)

Frizzle

@  Dekafox : (08 October 2019 - 09:10 AM)

Crankshaft?

@  Benbot : (08 October 2019 - 08:55 AM)

What's a good name for a school bus Transformer?

@  lastmaximal : (08 October 2019 - 12:57 AM)

Huh. There's a neat name for Beast Hunters Sharkticon Megs.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 October 2019 - 11:44 AM)

It's a submarine, we swear!

@  Otaku : (07 October 2019 - 11:26 AM)

@Bass X0 Letting myself comment to say "That's a good one!" and ask "Would a megalodon be a good fit for Megatron?"

@  Benbot : (07 October 2019 - 07:59 AM)

Ohhh good one

@  Bass X0 : (07 October 2019 - 07:39 AM)

I now want a Decepticon shark called Megalotron.

@  TriBlurr : (06 October 2019 - 05:47 PM)

Gives them time to screw up the color of his hands. :p

@  TheMightyMol... : (06 October 2019 - 12:33 PM)

His bulk is too great to teleport across such distances.

@  Sabrblade : (06 October 2019 - 11:09 AM)

Cuz it'll take that long to mass produce.

@  Darth Gonzo : (06 October 2019 - 10:47 AM)

Why is Unicron coming in 2021 and not 2020?

@  wonko the sane? : (06 October 2019 - 06:47 AM)

Shut up rattrap.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (05 October 2019 - 11:58 PM)

We're all gonna die!

Photo

Street Fighter General

80 replies to this topic

#61 Caldwin

Caldwin

I'm coming for you!

• Supporter
  • 24794 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:48 PM

DzJ70B7U0AEQsAf.jpg
DzJ8SWZUYAAzhu7.jpg

I actually beat it. I mean, I beat Turbo on the SNES on the insultingly easy level. But this is the first time I've beaten an arcade perfect port (okay, still technically on easy level, but still)! I never thought I'd see these screens. *squee*

And this is World Warrior. No Super Championship Turbo...just plain old World Warrior.
PSN = Caldwin Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#62 Pale Rider

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.

• Citizen
  • 8590 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:38 AM

So...has anyone here seen High Score Girl yet?

#63 Caldwin

Caldwin

I'm coming for you!

• Supporter
  • 24794 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 08:57 AM

So I started up Street Fighter V the other day for the first time in a while. After it updated I noticed a bunch of monotized logos plastered everywhere. What the hell, Capcom? After $60 for the base game and all the DLC I've paid actual money for, you feel like you have to throw advertising over everything? I didn't give you enough of my money to not be advertised to while playing the game?

And it's not just some subtle background thing either. It's very in your face. Yeah, I think I'm done with SF V. Seriously, this is so blatant and in your face, it's pretty hard to ignore. Like, it's even plastered on the fighters costumes. I'm just done with V until they take away this bull shit.

Which really sucks because I just got on another Street Fighter kick and V had been so much better with the inclusion of Arcade mode. But if this is the direction Capcom's headed, I'm having serious doubts about VI.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#64 Caldwin

Caldwin

I'm coming for you!

• Supporter
  • 24794 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 08:19 PM

RRsiXv2.jpg

Good news:
My Arcade 1up machine came today. It's up and running and it's fantastic. I can't even begin to say how long it's been since I've played Street Fighter II the way it was meant to be played, in front of a cabinet. It is awesome!

Bad news:
Exactly how long have I been playing Street Fighter exclusively on console controls to the point I suck so hugging hard using a joystick?

Also, the machine was soooooo easy to put together. Honestly, most Ikea furniture is harder to put together. This was step by step. The pictures were easy to follow. It was so easy to put together. I love this thing!

Edited by Caldwin, 13 April 2019 - 08:20 PM.

#65 Caldwin

Caldwin

I'm coming for you!

• Supporter
  • 24794 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:30 AM

Okay,turns out you can turn off sponsered content on Street Fighter V. So I'm happy again. Though now that I have that pretty arcade machine, that may be taking up most of my Street Fighter time for the time being.

#66 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65807 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:34 AM

RRsiXv2.jpg

Good news:
My Arcade 1up machine came today. It's up and running and it's fantastic. I can't even begin to say how long it's been since I've played Street Fighter II the way it was meant to be played, in front of a cabinet. It is awesome!

Bad news:
Exactly how long have I been playing Street Fighter exclusively on console controls to the point I suck so hugging hard using a joystick?

Also, the machine was soooooo easy to put together. Honestly, most Ikea furniture is harder to put together. This was step by step. The pictures were easy to follow. It was so easy to put together. I love this thing!

I have one as well. My girlfriend got it for me for Christmas.

I love it personally.  Though I've gotten better with the an arcade stick, due to using an arcade stick on SFV occasionally, I still wish that SSF2T wasn't so dang hard.  I have to go super aggressive Balrog or M. Bison in order to win.

Okay,turns out you can turn off sponsered content on Street Fighter V. So I'm happy again. Though now that I have that pretty arcade machine, that may be taking up most of my Street Fighter time for the time being.

Yeah, I didn't mind it as it gave me more Fight Money to win other outfits (plus you never had to have any of it enabled if you wanted).  The UNIQLO stuff actually had some nice loading screens when they were sponsoring.

ACItEK8.png

#67 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65807 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:36 AM

Here's a pic of mine:

20190328_165754.jpg

ACItEK8.png

#68 Caldwin

Caldwin

I'm coming for you!

• Supporter
  • 24794 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:46 AM

I have one as well. My girlfriend got it for me for Christmas.

She's a keeper!

I love it personally.  Though I've gotten better with the an arcade stick, due to using an arcade stick on SFV occasionally, I still wish that SSF2T wasn't so dang hard.  I have to go super aggressive Balrog or M. Bison in order to win.

Yeah, I didn't mind it as it gave me more Fight Money to win other outfits (plus you never had to have any of it enabled if you wanted).  The UNIQLO stuff actually had some nice loading screens when they were sponsoring.

I'm getting better with it. I can do hadokens and whirlwind kicks a majority of the time. I can't pull off a dragon punch to save my life though. So I've mostly kept to Chun-Li.

I also tend to stick to Super: New Challengers. Champion Edition messes with me because Chun-Li doesn't have her Kikoken. Super Turbo, as you said, is just plain hard. I do play the other two as well, but I mostly just keep with New Challengers.

I may keep the ads enabled just for the fight money. What irked me before was that I didn't see you had the option of turning them off. If you weren't able to turn them off, that would've just been too far. I mean, as long as advertising isn't too obtrusive (a billboard in a racing game, a real world beer served at a bar or on a bar marquee), that's one thing. But the advertising here is kind of an eyesore. And for a game that you already pay premium prices to own, that wouldn't be right. But then I saw you could turn them off, so no problem.

Here's a pic of mine:

attachicon.gif20190328_165754.jpg

Sweet! You got the riser I see. As you can see, if I got the riser, it would probably block my switches. Also, being 5'11", I'd probably still be looking down at the screen uncomfortably. Here I can just sit on a chair and have a good view of it.

I'm so glad these things are coming out. I'm saving the other half of my tax return in hopes that a TMNT cabinet comes out sometime.

#69 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65807 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:28 PM

Yeah, I'm shorter at 5' 7", so with the riser it's a good height.

Shoryukens were a pain for me at first, but now they come out when I do them (mostly).  Even things like Guile or Vega's Super I can usually pull off (which is usually kind of difficult on a D-Pad).

ACItEK8.png

#70 Caldwin

Caldwin

I'm coming for you!

• Supporter
  • 24794 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 11:40 AM

Here's a little project I was working on today.

D4xQA4gW4AE5ONP.jpg
World Warrior

This one's a bit of an oddity. Note that this is the only one that has a red sky. So yes, this is either sunset or the sun is in eclipse. The rest of the stage also reflects to warm lighting.

D4xQTOmWkAAdrDs.jpg
Champion Edition

Here things turned to night. So instead of the warm reds, we now have the darker blues and parts of the stage show a darker shadow.

D4xQjJOWsAIqKrQ.jpg
Hyper Fighting

No real noticeable difference in the background. You can see the palette change with the characters, however.

D4xRA7sW4AEIHGd.jpg
Super

Some of the textures are smoothed out. While still evenining, the colores have been brightened quite a bit. The moon in particular has gone from yellow to white. Character sprites have also undergone some slight changes, a bit more smoothed out, slightly more detailing. The HUD's been completely reworked: different fonts, reworked life bar.

D4xRO_5W4AAmGoQ.jpg
Super Turbo

Character Sprites have gotten even more cleaned up detailed. Not much if any change to the background. HUD added character portraits, different font colors and now the Super Combo meter.

D4xRrFkWwAEueUi.jpg
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers

Completely redrawn background, character sprites and HUD. It's a total apples to oranges comparison.

#71 Caldwin

Caldwin

I'm coming for you!

• Supporter
  • 24794 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 09:49 AM

Wait! I just remembered! I do own one other Street Fighter game! One they are leaving off the collection too!

nes_street_fighter_2010_1.gif

How dare they forget it!  :D

THAT'S NOT A STREET FIGHTER GAME!!!!

THAT'S NOT A STREET FIGHTER GAME!!!!

B-But Caldwin, it says right there.

"Street Fighter"

Okay, out of sheer morbid curiosity, I downloaded this on the Wii U e-shop. My review as follows.

hug this hugging game right in its hugging *BLEEP*!

#72 Glenn

Glenn
  • Supporter
  • 10600 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 12:47 PM

So you got to stage 3 huh..

#73 Caldwin

Caldwin

I'm coming for you!

• Supporter
  • 24794 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 06:54 PM

Not even.

#74 Caldwin

Caldwin

I'm coming for you!

• Supporter
  • 24794 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 10:15 PM

Okay, here's a couple things that have been bugging me the past few weeks that I'm honestly surprised took me as long to think of as it did.

1. Why is Fei Long from Hong Kong but Chun Li's from China? Isn't that a bit like saying Ken's from Beverly Hills but Guile's from the USA? No kidding! What hugging country is Ken from then, hugger?

2. I'm not sure who should be more pissed about T. Hawk, Mexicans or Native Americans. Mexicans got their spot on the map taken up by someone obviously not Mexican and won't get their next shot until El Fuerte in SF IV. El...Fuerte! Mexico got hosed! But then Native Americans got displaced yet again all the way to Mexico. Not even going to mention the stereotypes only because SF is all about stereotypes in all their characters. But dang!

#75 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 7945 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 12:59 PM

IIRC Hong Kong wasn't condidered a part of China until late 90s. It was controlled by...England?

Not evidence, I know , but I have a Native American friend and THawk is his favorite Street Fighter (yes hes aware of the problematic issues around the character)

#76 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65807 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 09:16 AM

Yeah, Hong Kong was a separate thing from China for a long while after SSF2 was made.  A lot of people from Hong Kong still wish it was that way.

I'm betting T. Hawk is from Mexico because they wanted a Native American fighter but didn't want another person from the USA in the game.  So they stuck him in Mexico.

ACItEK8.png

#77 Caldwin

Caldwin

I'm coming for you!

• Supporter
  • 24794 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 09:11 PM

Okay, fair enough on the Hong Kong thing. T. Hawk though still bugs me. Though of the Super fighters, he never was my favorite, so,*shrug*

#78 Caldwin

Caldwin

I'm coming for you!

• Supporter
  • 24794 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:30 PM

I've said I wanted Maki to make a return. Thing is, I never really used her in Street Fighter. I just wanted her back because of Final Fight 2. I have Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX on Vita, but man that d-pad is crap!

But I just found my Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO...because Street Fighter on the Gamecube Controller is just so awesome (that was sarcasm in case you missed it). I could actually see using her in future games. Might be nice to give her a new move or so...but I could totally use her.

I want her to make a comeback even more now!

#79 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65807 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:07 PM

I always liked her.

ACItEK8.png

#80 Caldwin

Caldwin

I'm coming for you!

• Supporter
  • 24794 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 07:26 PM

Just because I like doing insane bullshit like this, create your own Street Fighter VI. Make 1 original OP boss character. Base fighting roster includes no more and no less than 20 characters including at least 2 brand new fighters of your creation. Then you get 3 DLC packs of 3 fighters each. Then you have to say what (besides roster) will make your Street Fighter unique from other Street Fighters.

OP Boss: Leech
If you use any special moves on him, he absorbs the energy into his life bar. Meaning you must fight him without using special moves.  He has 3-hit fireballs, air fireballs and teleportation. His throws always have priority.

Base Roster: No particular order

1. Ken

2. Ryu

3. Chun-Li

4. Elena

5. Sakura

6. Cammy

7. Juri

8. Blanka

9. Sagat

10. Vega

11. Fei Long

12. Akuma

13. Dhalsim

14. Guile

15. Ibuki

16. Zangief

17. Dee Jay

18. Balrog

19. Li 

20. Ashanti

Original Character 1: Li - Chinese

This would be a weapons fighter, much like how Maki has a tonfa, Vega has his claw, Cody sometimes has a knife or Ibuki brings out the throwing knives. Li would use a Kwan Dao. She wouldn't have any projectiles like fireballs or such, but her Kwan Dao would give her a range probably only outdone by Dhalsim. She'd be a mid-range fighter.

Original Character 2: Ashanti - Ghana

She would be a kickboxer, but unlike Elena, she'd also use her fists as well. It would kind of be like Ultimate Fighting Championships on ESPN, but where as they use their fists and feet, giving priority to fists...Ashanti would use her feet and fists, giving priority to her feet. She's extremely close quarters and relies on her speed. She'd be given some options for getting in close.

DLC Pack 1: Final Fight pack

1. Cody

2. Guy

3. Maki

DLC Pack 2: Dark Stalkers pack

1. Morrigan

2. Felicia

3. Baby Bonnie Hood

DLC Pack 3: Capcom pack

1. Strider Hiru

2. Dante

3. Jill Valentine

What would make my Street Fighter VI Unique:

First of all, bring back personalized stages. Have the plane that goes from country to country and specific character themes that plays at each location.

Take away v-triggers and focus moves. Let's just bring it back down to Supers. But here's the catch. To replace not having any meters besides Supers...we now have tag-ins. Yes, for the first time outside of a vs. game, a mainline Street Fighter will now have tag-ins.  It'll be a shared life-bar so it doesn't start getting insane. But yes, let's bring tag-ins to Street Fighter. This will be an optional thing since I'm sure some people will decry having a tag function as blasphemy in a main-line Street Fighter. But I think it wouldn't hurt to test the waters by putting it in there.

Also, you know how in SFII Turbo, Chun-Li's Kikoken is a half circle move and then in Super it's a charge move. In most games charging down then up plus kick gives her a spinning bird kick except in some games where it's replaced with the Tenshokyaku. I use Chun-Li as an example because she's one of my mains and I know her. I'm sure other characters have run into similar problems.

I say let's take a page from Mortal Kombat 11 where we can choose our own moves and create our own movesets. And lets make it so we can even choose our own input preferences.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users