Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Bass X0 : (20 May 2019 - 11:16 AM)

SEND THE BOOKS!!

@  Cybersnark : (20 May 2019 - 08:52 AM)

So, now that Game of Thrones is over, when can we get back to The Dragon Prince?

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:19 AM)

Like, half of them nowadays are montages of tweet screencaps from the writer's inbox

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:18 AM)

lol you expected integrity from internet news

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:33 PM)

I'm mostly confused how news sites went from "Analysing all the amazingness of Game of Thrones" to "Fans sure don't like this season!", like... way to prioritize clicks over a solid editorial opinion

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:30 PM)

[and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site"] is this like the Toei Quarry?

@  MEDdMI : (19 May 2019 - 11:17 PM)

@Foffy and then that giant lasagna just tipped over and killed everyone, to be later known as the infamous Bad Monday event.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

Ahahaha!!! Go read the reactions for yourself. To say anything more here risks spoiling the finale for subscribing Allsparkers, the quality of this season notwithstanding.

@  Foffy : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

pretty wild how heathcliff was in the game of thrones finale, i was not expecting that crossover

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

were they still super pissed?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

Well, as someone who is not into Game of Thrones, it sure was entertaining to open up social media this evening to unexpectedly see headlines about fan reactions to the finale. Lmao.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:12 PM)

But it's also a SUPER-well known location in my region, so these extensive exterior shots without any post production alterations completely ruin the illusion for me.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:11 PM)

I mean, I get why they did it: It's an existing location that fits the purpose, it's open for the public, and they had to shoot some scenes in my home state anyway to due a subsidizing deal.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Needless to say, it's not in Berlin, and even what's seen onscreen is waaaaay too modern for something that's supposed to exist in 1929 (even moreso as a derelict site in 1929). The structures seen haven't even been built until the 1960s!

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:07 PM)

I'm currently in the process of watching season 2 of Babylon Berlin, and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site" or whatever it's supposed to be on the show, and I easily recognize it as a place only a few minutes from where I live (it's actually a former ironworks site that's been turned into a public park).

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

Ever since I went to Japan last year, I have friend who dread watching anime with me due to that...

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:51 PM)

Not hugely, but I am the type to notice places once I have been there and say "Hey, I've been there!"

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

Half of new york city (on tape.) is actually montreal.

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

I watched Death Wish 5 last night and clearly recognized Toronto streets; didn't pull me out of Bronson's 1-man war on drugs or fashion or whatever it was that pissed him off that time

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:49 PM)

it's nice to finally be thought of as exotic by somebody! lol

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:48 PM)

In an "I cannot possibly make my brain ignore the location I'm familiar with and pretend it's whatever the story claims it is" way?

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:42 PM)

Question for those of you living in exotic locations such as the US or the UK: If you watch a movie or a TV show that features a real-life location as a stand-in for someplace else, and you recognize the real-life location due to having been there in person, does that pull you out of the story?

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:15 PM)

Maybe you should have installed macOS in your house instead.

@  Noideaforaname : (19 May 2019 - 04:40 PM)

Nothing like coming home after a long day to find a bird in the house. And then once you sit down for a well-earned rest after leading the bird back outside, you find it had a friend. A friend who *really* doesn't understand how windows work...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:26 PM)

Bingo. The big polls don't tell people what's actually happening because that doesn't sell.

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 AM)

IIRC there are good polls but data is easily manipulated so they give people what they want to hear

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 10:58 AM)

The only way to get people interested in politics is to make into reality TV. So they lie to do it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:38 AM)

Yeah, polling these days is garbage.

@  Sean Whitmore : (18 May 2019 - 11:53 PM)

Well, he was an honest man. He wasn’t gonna lie to a 5-year-old.

@  Paladin : (18 May 2019 - 08:34 PM)

Grandfather once said to me, "I'm going upstairs and hug your grandma."

@  Sabrblade : (18 May 2019 - 07:08 PM)

Mama always said that you can tell a lot 'bout a person from 'is shoes...

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 May 2019 - 03:54 PM)

Life is like a box of chocolates. Stay out of the sun or melt into a pile of gross slop.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 May 2019 - 10:26 AM)

Greasy, disappointing and still managing to be over priced?

@  Lancer : (18 May 2019 - 10:22 AM)

... Yes, it is!

@  Noideaforaname : (18 May 2019 - 09:48 AM)

Life's a fillet of fish!

@  unluckiness : (18 May 2019 - 08:53 AM)

ow the edge

@  Paladin : (18 May 2019 - 07:03 AM)

a reminder that life is an unrepentant hellscape where everyone & everything you know will eventually betray you.

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 06:45 AM)

You know, this election is what has finally broken me of any confidence at any point of pre-polling data. I mean, it's always been sketchy, but this is just... aaaargh!

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 06:08 AM)

I was going to make an Auspol election thread in P&R, but the outcome so far has made me feel physically ill.

@  Gamma V : (18 May 2019 - 03:28 AM)

Haven't been here in a long time.

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 03:16 AM)

I have heard that, it's rather disappointing. Ah, maybe they'll just leech each others stores of "awful racist vote" and not go anywhere.

@  Trpodeca : (17 May 2019 - 11:09 PM)

I voted. Boy there are a worrying amount of parties which sound like fascists.

@  Pennpenn : (17 May 2019 - 06:55 PM)

For those in Australia, it is a federal election today. Go Vote! It's Mandatory!

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 May 2019 - 04:19 PM)

Humor? I 'ardly know 'or!

@  wonko the sane? : (17 May 2019 - 03:51 PM)

I was intemately familiar with humour... but she just wanted to be friends...

@  Maximus Ambus : (17 May 2019 - 12:10 PM)

BZT Time out! Time out! Time ooooooouuuuuut!!!

@  unluckiness : (17 May 2019 - 08:23 AM)

Yes. Are you familiar with humor?

@  Sabrblade : (17 May 2019 - 07:50 AM)

You are familiar with The Room, yes?

@  unluckiness : (17 May 2019 - 01:14 AM)

nah, tuxedos are formal wear

@  Sabrblade : (16 May 2019 - 10:38 PM)

*...while dressed in a tuxedo*

Photo

Street Fighter General

76 replies to this topic

#1 Caldwin

Caldwin

Waaaaaaah!

• Supporter
  • 24057 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:53 PM

So I know we already have a dedicated thread for Street Fighter V. I just wanted to do a catch all for games, comics, anime...whatevs. I'll go ahead and start this off.

So, Street Fighter II will always be a nostalgic favorite for me. When I was just a lil kid in Middle School...sooooooooooooo long ago...there were certain games in the arcade...you see kids, back in the old days there were these places called arcades where...yeah...you know what, you whippersnappers have Google. I don't have to explain myself! Anywaaaay, there were certain games that everybody played: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, X-Men, Final Fight, Mortal Kombat...Street Fighter II was a big one. Street Fighter II was yesterdays Skyrim (in that Capcom kept updating it and re-releasing version after version to the point were people despaired of ever getting another sequel in the series).

Soooo, I have Street Fighter II Turbo (SNES), Used to have Super Street Fighter II (PC), Hyper Street Fighter II (PS 2), Street Fighte, Street Fighter II Turbo (Wii Virtual Console), Super Street Fighter II (Wii Virtual Console), Street Fighter II Turbo (3DS Virtual Console), Super Street Fighter II (3DS Virtual Console), Street Fighter II Turbo (SNES Classic) and Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (PS3)

Good grief! Is that all of them?

Weeeeeeell, I just got Ultra Street Fighter II The Final Challengers for the Switch.

Like you didn't have enough? Seek help, crazy human. Seek help.

Well now...here's the point. Get ready for a lengthy read cause I'm about to review Ultra Street Fighter II for the Switch!

Wait! All of that was just the lead up? You're about to go into an even lengthier post? Hug that! tl:dr. I...am...out!

Anyway, I bought this for the Switch mostly because I needed a cheap game to hold me over until I could get a bigger game, and those little Virtual Console games weren't going to do it. I had to put this on the credit card, which is probably not a good use of a credit card, but I just got a really nice birthday present and, damnit, I wanna use it!

Now, I'm not going to compare the Switch Version to most of those other version because, you know what, Switch wins it hands down. Those other versions are pretty much left in the dust with what can be done today...except for the PS3 HD Remix. I think I can do some comparisons there. So here we go.

Difficulty

HD Remix has some difficulty settings. But let's not kid. Even on easy level, sure I was able to beat quite a few characters, but I was still having to fight technically and even then I didn't make it to the end...on Easy level.

Switch version has difficulty settings that make it so I could make it so easy that I totally cheesed my way the entire game, without even trying got Akuma to take out Bison and made Akuma my little bitch! Then on the other end I was able to make it so I didn't even get past the first fighter. 

So I dare say Switch wins hands down on difficulty settings. You can make it as easy or as hard as you want. And if you're a wuss like me, you don't have to worry about making it too easy. The game doesn't punish you. You still get to see the ending (you know, unlike the SNES versions where if you play it on anything less than normal, it will tell you to try a harder difficulty).

Winner Switch!

Game Play Options

Switch can let you play with old graphics or new graphics. You can also choose old audio (voices and music) or new audio. Both of these can be chosen independently of eachother. So you can have old graphics and audio, new graphics and audio, new graphics and old audio and vice versa. You don't get to chose your speed. But that's actually okay. The speed they give you isn't as fast as the crazy fast speed of turbo. But it's faster than the slow as molasses normal mode of old. I found the speed quite comfortable. And if you've played more recent games like Street Fighter IV or V, you should be quite comfortable with the pace as well. Still, there's no choice here...so...yeah.

Meanwhile HD Remix also lets you choose graphics and music independently. You also have five different speed variations to choose from and a bunch of "Dip Switch" setting that lets you work with some settings on certain character moves. I never used these...but still, that's more choices given to the player.

Winner HD Remix!

Graphics

Well, either one is certainly better than the old ports you can get. Don't get me wrong. I grew up with SNES graphics. I love SNES graphics. But compared to hand drawn sprites! C'mon! Either one of these is a major step up.

But between HD Remix and the Switch, well, the Switch simply has brighter colors, crisper and cleaner graphics.

Also, if you'll remember, the SNES kinda cleaned up some of the arcade blood. Of course it wasn't Mortal Kombat amounts of blood, but there was blood. The SNES just made the losing fighters look really bruised up. HD Remix added back some of the blood. The Switch...these post fight losers get really bloody!

This is actually an easy call.

Winner Switch!

Other Extras

Well with HD Remix we have...well...nothing honestly.

Switch we have "Way of the Hado." Okay, this really isn't worth playing. But if I'm going to count features I never use in favor for HD Remix, I'm going to count features I never use in favor of the Switch! And on top of that there's "Buddy Battle" (2 on 1 in the players favor), Art Gallery (and holy crap this thing is extensive...almost worth the price in itself!), Color Editor (another feature I doubt I'll ever use but hey, it's there), Evil Ryu/Violent Ken (not sure how often I'll use them, but hey, they're there), PORTABLE and even some theme settings to change the background picture for the menus. 

Winner Switch!

So with all the ports upon ports I already own, am I sorry I got this? Heck...no! This is probably the version of Street Fighter to own.

Now granted, I grew up on Street Fighter II, and like certain Zelda games will probably always want the most up to date, most awesome version around. If you're just kind of a casual Street Fighter player and already have a version, than you're probably fine with what you've got. For me though, this definitely had enough to make it worth the purchase.

So I'm off to play some more. Maybe watch the anime movie later.

So are you done yet? Geeze! I was getting Carpel Tunnel just watching and I don't even have hands!!!!
PSN = Caldwin
Wii U = Caldwin
Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029
3DS = 5370-0412-9068

Before you do anything you can't undo...
National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#2 Telly

Telly

Killing forums since 1999!

• Retired Staff
  • 7814 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:19 PM

i spent so much money on the arcade game i probly couldve bought it. dont think i ever beat it there though

that game is also how i first met my first serious girlfriend. if that game hadnt been at the local bowling alley i never wouldve been there that night

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#3 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The New Year brings New Powers!

• Staff
  • 12752 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:23 PM

”So i take it you’re not not a gamer, eh Static?”

While i’ve never really played much Street Fighter II much beyond owned the Megs Drive release. I have always liked it and found Street Fighter IV a lot of fun. I’m hoping to get the SNES Classic eventually. So i can finally enjoy SFII again.

fslookup.jpg

#4 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64634 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:32 PM

It was unhealthy how much I played this in Middle School.

ACItEK8.png

#5 Caldwin

Caldwin

Waaaaaaah!

• Supporter
  • 24057 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:47 PM

i spent so much money on the arcade game i probly couldve bought it. dont think i ever beat it there though

that game is also how i first met my first serious girlfriend. if that game hadnt been at the local bowling alley i never wouldve been there that night

That is one thing I did like about arcades. Not that I met my first girlfriend there or anything. But there's actual people! You see your opponent eye to eye. You meet people. Or maybe you're there with a friend and go up against them. There was just a whole social thing there that you just don't get from internet matches. *sigh* I miss arcades, seriously!

”So i take it you’re not not a gamer, eh Static?”

While i’ve never really played much Street Fighter II much beyond owned the Megs Drive release. I have always liked it and found Street Fighter IV a lot of fun. I’m hoping to get the SNES Classic eventually. So i can finally enjoy SFII again.

SNES Classic is awesome. Especially since it comes with two controllers (instead of having to buy an extra one) and you can just hand one off to a friend. One of my favorite things as a kid is that I'd have a friend over. I'd beat him at Street Fighter II, He'd beat me at Mortal Kombat. Or was that the other way around? Either way.

But even if you never do find an NES Classic, there's so many ways to get your Street Fighter fix these days. 3DS you can still get Street Fighter II Turbo or Super Street Fighter II. Switch has this Ultra Street Fighter II. PS3 (and I'm guessing 360, but I've never played Microsoft) has Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix and all of the Street Fighter IV options. PS4 has Street Fighter V which is going to be getting an arcade mode here soon.

So yeah, plenty of ways to get your fix.  

It was unhealthy how much I played this in Middle School.

I always managed to get my homework in. But there were just sooooooo many video games in my life back then. *looks at my collection* Things have not changed.
PSN = Caldwin
Wii U = Caldwin
3DS = 5370-0412-9068

#6 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The New Year brings New Powers!

• Staff
  • 12752 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:15 PM

After everything i’ve heard, i have to ask. Is SFV worth a buy?

fslookup.jpg

#7 Caldwin

Caldwin

Waaaaaaah!

• Supporter
  • 24057 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:25 PM

I would wait until the Arcade Edition comes out. Really, the only thing it was missing was single player content. Once the Arcade Edition comes out, it'll have that.

Everything else is pretty fantastic. The controls are tight. The fighting is intuitive. I absolutely loved playing it. All it needed was better single player content. And it looks like we'll finally be getting it.

For some it may be too little too late. But if you're just jumping into it, yeah, I think it'll be worth it. Just wait for the Arcade Edition is all. It releases January 16.
PSN = Caldwin
Wii U = Caldwin
3DS = 5370-0412-9068

#8 tec

tec

Put a little spring in your step

• Supporter
  • 30283 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 22 November 2017 - 03:57 PM

DL_NeEOUIAEkWtH.jpg large.jpg

A general SF thread you say ah well lets see here as you can see I own the game on every console ever made starting with the SNES
with The New Challengers being my favorite version

My lest favs though are prob Alpha 1 and 3ed Strike

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#9 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 6826 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:47 PM

I suck at fighting games but who doesn't love SFII? One of the coolest things I just picked up in Japan was the SH Figuarts Cammy, which is just amazing. Wish I'd seen Chun-Li, and should have picked up Rashid as well. Ryu sadly is pretty ugly I think, the eyes just don't work for me. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#10 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 43851 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:48 PM

To quote the Angry Video Game Nerd, "Now, what's the most important aspect about any game? Well, being able to f***ing play it!"

and that's why I am not buying SSFIIT on switch - the joycons are seriously horrible to play the three neogeo fighting games I downloaded (Waku Waku 7, KoF98 & 99) that I barely touch them. The classic controller is WAY too expensive, but I'd be willing to buy a traditional standard d-pad Joycon for the Switch, only Nintendo hasn't even announced one yet!

Point goes to the PS3/X-BOX 360 release. 

Edited by Bass X0, 22 November 2017 - 04:50 PM.

Just because you can't win doesn't mean you stop working.

#11 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 43851 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 22 November 2017 - 05:09 PM

Why do you like Street Fighter EX3, Street Fighter: The Movie and Street Fighter 1 better than Alpha 1 and Third Strike? 

• tec likes this

Just because you can't win doesn't mean you stop working.

#12 Caldwin

Caldwin

Waaaaaaah!

• Supporter
  • 24057 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 06:20 PM

A general SF thread you say ah well lets see here as you can see I own the game on every console ever made starting with the SNES
with The New Challengers being my favorite version

*makes a note: Find out where tec lives, break in and steal his Super Street Fighter II arcade cabinet*

I would love to own an arcade cabinet like that. I have a few games in mind that I would like to own. Problems being of course...like...doesn't a single arcade cabinet typically cost as much if not more than a console that can play more than just one game? I may be wrong, I haven't been in the market for buying these things, but I'm sure they can't be cheap. But also...where the heck do you buy them from?

To quote the Angry Video Game Nerd, "Now, what's the most important aspect about any game? Well, being able to f***ing play it!"

and that's why I am not buying SSFIIT on switch - the joycons are seriously horrible to play the three neogeo fighting games I downloaded (Waku Waku 7, KoF98 & 99) that I barely touch them. The classic controller is WAY too expensive, but I'd be willing to buy a traditional standard d-pad Joycon for the Switch, only Nintendo hasn't even announced one yet!

Point goes to the PS3/X-BOX 360 release.

That is a fair point too. In fact, I meant to put that down as a win on the "HD Remix" side too. Don't know why I forgot that. Personally, I can do okay on the half-circle/quarter-circle moves with the stick controller part. But I just couldn't do charge moves dependable, making Chun-Li pretty much useless. But the "d-pad" is really horrid on all fronts. And sure there is the pro-controller. But I just saw them at Game Stop. They're like $70...actually more than your average AAA game. That's just way too much. Meanwhile, the packed in PS3 controller has always worked fine for me on just about every game. Sure it's not the same as a arcade stick. But it's very usable.

Winner HD Remix!

Still, even with that, it's still playable. Maybe not as playable as it should be and I hope they do come out with a more affordable alternative for the controller. But I can still play it fairly well. And over all, Switch still pulls ahead on the final score...for me

But believe me, I am more than understanding why others will find it to be not worth it. Which is of course why I started this topic in the first place. I was kinda wondering what the temperature of the community was toward this release.

In other news:

Last night I watched the old Anime Movie and Assassin's Fist.

Assassin's Fist

Actually still really good. It's 2 hour 32 minute run-time means I still can't watch it too often. But it is still very good. The FX are kinda "made for tv" quality...but on the high-end of "made for tv." The two-plot story set up is done very well...though I do admit I'm sometimes surprised when Ken and Ryu show up on screen again because I totally forgot they were in this movie. But for a movie juggling both the training of Ken and Ryu along with the origin story of Akuma and Gouken, this movie did a fantastic job of doing both.

Anime Movie
I really wish they would have given this the anamorphic widescreen treatment. Heck, if they made a Bluray release, I would snatch it up in a second. I mean, it is flawed. It's very...very flawed. The animation suffers a bit with several instances of Peter Faulk eyes. Some of the fights are only there so they can say "yeah, such and such character is totally in this movie" even though they're only there for that one fight and it does absolutely nothing to advance the plot. And the English voice acting can be...annoying. But it did give us some very iconic Street Fighter Moments: actually seeing the fight between Sagat and Ryu that left Sagat scarred (to the extent they later used the scene as a background in Alpha 3), something something shower scene something something Chun-Li and Vega fight something something.

So over all, still a win in my book and I would totally get an anamorphic Bluray release if they ever made it...assuming they did what they did with the DVD and made it the uncensored English Cut along with the even more uncensored Japanese cut.

So...for tonight...The Legend of Chun-Le and the Van Damme/Raul Julia movie.

Why am I doing this to myself? :doh
PSN = Caldwin
Wii U = Caldwin
3DS = 5370-0412-9068

#13 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 6826 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 06:52 PM

Why am I doing this to myself? :doh

Solid question... but we all get it. Sometimes you just have to walk through the darker parts of the forest, or something. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#14 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64634 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:26 PM

I would wait until the Arcade Edition comes out. Really, the only thing it was missing was single player content. Once the Arcade Edition comes out, it'll have that.

Everything else is pretty fantastic. The controls are tight. The fighting is intuitive. I absolutely loved playing it. All it needed was better single player content. And it looks like we'll finally be getting it.

For some it may be too little too late. But if you're just jumping into it, yeah, I think it'll be worth it. Just wait for the Arcade Edition is all. It releases January 16.

Agreed. Wait until the Arcade version unless you're big into online matches. I haven't played it all that much as I need an Arcade mode.

ACItEK8.png

#15 Caldwin

Caldwin

Waaaaaaah!

• Supporter
  • 24057 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:27 PM

Ugg! Well, I've been trying to watch the Van Damme movie. I keep falling asleep. I would say maybe I'm just tired, and it might be true. But I can never stay awake while watching this. I mean, I made it through the first time I watched it. And I keep waking up long enough to see bits and pieces of it. But...I think there must be something wrong with the movie.

I will say in its defense, at the very least it left us with a few gems such as "For me is was Tuesday," "Quick, change the channel," and "OF COURSE!" But that's all I can give it. Some try to say this is in that "so bad it's good" range. I can't agree. This is just so bad its bad. It's a damn shame this was Raul Julia's last movie.

As for Legend of Chun-Li...*sigh*

When this first came out, I tried to defend. I really did. After the parody that was the Van Damme movie totally wrecked everything and made a mockery the very name Street Fighter, I was glad to see them at least try to make something a bit more serious. Plus after the first Mortal Kombat movie, I was glad to see Robin Shou action doing something since it seems his more notable roles are few and far between.

And hey, it was nice to see that they were staying more faithful to the characters. You know, like how Vega's an ugly as hell mexican, Bison is a blonde with a preference to three-piece suits, Gen is a young person in his prime (I mean, come on! Tarantino was able to get this right with Gordon Liu in Kill Bill 2!) and of course Chun Li the the caucasian! And I've some how become less forgiving of the Photoshop styled SFX, the les-yay dancing scene and Chris Klein's oh so subtle acting.

I don't know...I guess I should've just left well enough alone last night.
PSN = Caldwin
Wii U = Caldwin
3DS = 5370-0412-9068

#16 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64634 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:55 PM

Assassin's Fist was really quite good. Took a while to get going but good overall.

ACItEK8.png

#17 Caldwin

Caldwin

Waaaaaaah!

• Supporter
  • 24057 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:57 PM

Got Street Fighter IV: The Ties That Bind going on now. Not a full movie, but still, needed something to wash the taste of the other two movies I watched tonight out.
PSN = Caldwin
Wii U = Caldwin
3DS = 5370-0412-9068

#18 tec

tec

• Supporter
  • 30283 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:30 PM

Ok heres why I love EX3 its fun and chaotic as hell with the 4 on screen fighters at once its nuts and broken but very fun the credits are also fun as you massacre enemy waves

SF Movie the game gets a pass for haveing a playable Kylie Minogue as a Cammy

And the original is just that you can never forget where you came from respect the past

Alpha 1 is to stiff with a limited roster and 3rd strike tries to hard cutting out some of the fun and humor the series has

Ok now about my arcade yeah arcades are expensive but I got mine at the right time only costing me $270 at the time totally worth it.

Plus mine is a CPS-2 unit and not a single unit meaning I can replace the board(cart) with say Darkstalkers making it a huge console basicly

Also Waku Waku 7 is fantastically fun and one of my to gets when I get my Switch

Edited by tec, 22 November 2017 - 11:32 PM.

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#19 Caldwin

Caldwin

Waaaaaaah!

• Supporter
  • 24057 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:21 PM

I actually have EX 3. I don't think I've played it except for maybe 5 minutes the day I got it. But PS2 games were dirt cheap at the time, so I'm not riddled with regret. I don't remember much of it though. I almost feel like playing it again just so I could give it an honest review.

The movie game I played once at a game room at a county fair once. It...wasn't good.

I do envy the arcade cabinet. I don't know what it's like trying to keep up on the upkeep, and home consoles these days can do so much more. But I do miss the good ol' days of arcade cabinets.
PSN = Caldwin
Wii U = Caldwin
3DS = 5370-0412-9068

#20 tec

tec

• Supporter
  • 30283 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:10 PM

I acctualy almost owned more arcades had a chance to own T-Mek and Air Combat I had the money but not the room as both are massive sit down units that take lots of room

Upkeeps not to bad some dust every now and then getting the coin slots lights replaced was a hassle (it also functions as my nightstand as I had to get rid that to make room)

Edited by tec, 23 November 2017 - 05:11 PM.

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users