Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 July 2019 - 02:24 AM)

Disparaging the youth has been a pastime for thousands of years. Pretty much every society we have writing from has some version of "kids these days" at some point.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 July 2019 - 02:21 AM)

Numfar! dance of pain.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (23 July 2019 - 01:49 AM)

If the USA vanished from Earth prior to millennials (later to be joined by Generation Z) coming of age, would the global community have the same magnitude of disparaging upon youths as a pastime because old boomers are insecure about their inability to handle new technology?

@  Ashley : (23 July 2019 - 12:02 AM)

This wasn't that, this was a "we don't trust banks!" thing

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (22 July 2019 - 11:57 PM)

Well I know when I first got my back pay for disability, some of the paperwork said I couldn't have so much in the bank after 30 days...so I had to take out a huge chunk of cash.

@  Ashley : (22 July 2019 - 11:53 PM)

I know a family who lost thousands of dollars in a house fire because they were literally keeping it under the bed. Don't underestimate the USA's luddism.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (22 July 2019 - 10:39 PM)

The US is filled with people LITERALLY proud of their ignorance of tech. Don't expect the US to be a major power in the next 30 years.

@  Pennpenn : (22 July 2019 - 10:25 PM)

Most people in Australia that I've heard of use electronic transactions for rent (and similar things). I mean, doubtless there are some people who use cash for various reasons of varying levels of ethics, but most require electronic transfers.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (22 July 2019 - 09:22 PM)

But I don't understand Paladin's premise of "allowing the landlord access to one's bank account". I'm pretty sure I have acquaintances who pay monthly by check or automated bank transfer.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (22 July 2019 - 09:15 PM)

I know many lower-end restaurants in the USA take cash only as a probable method of tax evasion. Perhaps that is why some landlords do as well. Alternatively, such people demand cash upfront because they have thin profit margins or whatever and are too afraid of spending the time and effort to pursue someone whose check or electronic payment bounced.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (22 July 2019 - 09:14 PM)

@Nevermore The USA is a place where lots of people can proliferate at being technologically behind. e.g. almost no one accepts or pays by contactless yet despite the inherent security of the process. And by having a population of over 300 million we can generate large quantities of believers in the Luddite fallacy and such.

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 July 2019 - 07:59 PM)

I pay by credit card whenever possible for the rewards/points, but utilities don't usually allow that so those I just pay through the online bill payment feature rather than mess around with pre-authorizations

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 July 2019 - 07:57 PM)

Most monthly or whatever payments are done electronically around here, I think. Mine certainly are. Whether by pre-authorized debit, an e-transfer (transfer from one bank account to another), or your bank's online bill payment system/database

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 07:04 PM)

If I overpaid, it may take several months for them to pay me back the difference. If I underpaid, they're very quick with demanding the difference.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 07:03 PM)

Meanwhile, I can write a tax report, but since the employer already deduced the standard legal taxes from my monthly payment, the tax report is also mostly just to let the tax authority determine if I underpaid or overpaid.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 07:02 PM)

Based on my average costs for the year, they will then calculate the estimated monthly costs for the upcoming year.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 07:01 PM)

At the end of the year, the power company will send me an annual invoice which shows if I overpaid or underpaid. If I overpaid, the difference may just be deduced from my December bill.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 06:59 PM)

I also pay my monthly gas and electricity bills that way.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 06:59 PM)

It's funny. Here in Germany, many people still pay cash in stores, restaurants etc. (the staff usually asks "cash or wireless?"), but many regular payments are handled wirelessly and automatically.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 06:57 PM)

Around the same time, I get sent a slip from payroll that lists my gross income, all the deductions and the net income, i.e. the final transaction sum.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 06:56 PM)

My monthly payment from my employer is wirelessly transferred to my bank account. Taxes, health insurance, unemployment insurance and social security fees are calculated by the payroll department, handled by the employer, and I just get paid the rest after taxes and everything.

@  Paladin : (22 July 2019 - 06:55 PM)

yes. you're assuming US employers would pay fairly & take fairly.

@  Telly : (22 July 2019 - 06:55 PM)

we dont get paid on a monthly basis, if thats what you mean. i myself get paid every 2 weeks. some are every week. and if im telling you something you already know, just ignore me...

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 06:54 PM)

Which I assume doesn't work that way in the US either?

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 06:53 PM)

That way you may time the transaction with your monthly payment from your employer.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 06:52 PM)

You don't need to give the landlord access to anything. You go to your bank, show the clerk your bank account card, give them the landlord's bank details, tell them the exact amount of the rent and which day of the month the transaction should happen, sign the order, and you're done.

@  Paladin : (22 July 2019 - 06:49 PM)

most Americans wouldn't trust a landlord with access to their bank account.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 06:47 PM)

Do people in other countries really still pay their landlords in cash? Here in Germany, it's very common to have the payment as an automated bank transaction on a set day of the month, so if the payment is late, it's either the bank's fault, or there's not enough money on the bank account.

@  Paladin : (22 July 2019 - 05:46 PM)

meanwhile some of us are trying to calculate if they'll have a spare forty bucks at the end of the week for some food...

@  unluckiness : (22 July 2019 - 07:20 AM)

At least I can see where the 600 US bucks is going in this case. The MP line looks more ridiculous by the day.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 July 2019 - 07:09 AM)

It's ridiculous. I'll stick to Armadacron

@  unluckiness : (22 July 2019 - 06:13 AM)

If anything, shipping is going to make the actual toy's price look affordable.

@  Pennpenn : (22 July 2019 - 02:28 AM)

Its like, $550 ish in US money (so probably about $800 for my Australian self) and is taller than TR Fort Max. He's gonna be a hefty boy.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 July 2019 - 10:05 PM)

Damn, that Unicron looks big. Not gonna be cheap

@  wonko the sane? : (21 July 2019 - 09:09 PM)

"By the way, your landlord called. Something about being late with the rent."

@  Nevermore : (21 July 2019 - 04:09 PM)

"Hi there, I'm Unicron. Your husband ordered me."

@  unluckiness : (21 July 2019 - 09:04 AM)

"Perhaps I misjudged you. Proceed on your way to the couch."

@  Donocropolis : (21 July 2019 - 07:33 AM)

I'm just afraid of what my wife would do to me if it showed up at our door.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 July 2019 - 01:23 AM)

Giant Robot Satan has that effect on people.

@  Ashley : (21 July 2019 - 12:31 AM)

So, I might not be able to get Hasbro Pulse Unicron because my mother is afraid of it

@  Pennpenn : (20 July 2019 - 09:58 PM)

But that's neither here nor there.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 July 2019 - 06:57 PM)

Six of one, half-dozen of the other.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 July 2019 - 05:13 PM)

Both maybe?

@  Benbot : (20 July 2019 - 04:44 PM)

Do you need a criminal lawyer or a criminal, lawyer.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 July 2019 - 10:40 AM)

I don't suppose the allspark has any criminal lawyers from Georgia. ;P

@  NotVeryKnightly : (19 July 2019 - 01:17 PM)

It seems like, with these kind of things, anything not TF-specific is either in an existing thread or just not discussed since they're not part of something deemed important enough to get its own thread already.

@  Benbot : (19 July 2019 - 12:45 PM)

Yeah, but it's for Transformers specifically

@  Gryllid : (19 July 2019 - 12:39 PM)

There is. It's called "SDCC 2019 thread"

@  Benbot : (19 July 2019 - 12:24 PM)

no general SDCC thread?

@  Benbot : (19 July 2019 - 12:08 PM)

I never even bothered to see it.

Photo
- - - - -

MPM-5 Movieverse Barricade Fully Revealed

63 replies to this topic

#41 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 17272 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:06 PM

MPM Ice Cream truck would be fantastic.

#42 Dr Syn

Dr Syn

C-Cobra Commander Senpai...

• Citizen
  • 2790 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:33 AM

http://badflipblog.b...t-scout-03.html

RotF Game Masterpiece Protectobot Scout when? 

Photobucket blows chunks

#43 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

Creator of all things Transformers

• Citizen
  • 5437 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:04 PM

MP Twins would probably end up genuinely great, their transformations are fairly easy as far as Movie-bots go.

#44 Dracula

Dracula

IT'S MYSTERIOUS PARTY WITH DRACULA

• Retired Staff
  • 4657 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:19 PM

Up for preorder at TFSource. April, $100. Some good, large photos there as well.

reduced-galery_image_14015_26365.jpg

5140629382_7d653c135f.jpg

ALL OF TREASURES

#45 LV!

LV!

• Citizen
  • 17272 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:25 PM

It looks like those are the same ones Hasbro Pulse's Instagram put up. They definitely let you see that his weird-looking mouth is an artifact of his little triangular lower jaw being open. Hopefully that's more attractive in person - I've always liked the working jaws on HA Barricade and Soundwave, but this one does not thrill me so far.

Everything else, though...

#46 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65135 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:29 PM

Bit more expensive than Bumblebee.

But I'm fine with that if he's better than Optimus (not going to be so difficult) and Bumblebee (will be difficult).

ACItEK8.png

#47 Dracula

Dracula

IT'S MYSTERIOUS PARTY WITH DRACULA

• Retired Staff
  • 4657 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:16 PM

Does Barricade really have that much white on his face in the first movie? I always think of his face as being mostly black, but it could be because my main perception of him is from hazy memories of the film and the original '07 deluxe that I still have.

5140629382_7d653c135f.jpg

ALL OF TREASURES

#48 LV!

LV!

• Citizen
  • 17272 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:06 PM

It is more silver than you remember but less silver than this. A lot of the silver on the movie TFs is so chromey that it's constantly reflecting darker things than itself. That being said, there's still too much of it here.

#49 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 14048 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:57 AM

He's going to rock and roll all night and party every day.

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#50 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9554 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 03:53 AM

Images of MPM-5 Barricade's packaging from Weibo, reposted by Snakas:

masterpiece-movie-series-barricade-packa

masterpiece-movie-series-barricade-packa

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#51 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9554 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:12 AM

Since taken down instructions leaked from Weibo:

weibo-masterpiece-barricade-instructions

weibo-masterpiece-barricade-instructions

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

#52 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9554 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:09 AM

Too tired right now to repost all these individual Weibo images of Barricade as reposted by TFW2005.

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

#53 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 25929 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:19 AM

That thread also includes a foreign-language YouTube video.

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

He's on your side...except when he isn't!

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#54 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

Hello, world

• Supporter
  • 19312 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:04 AM

He's out in Asia now.  Got my shipping notice from Robot Kingdom last night.

#55 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65135 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:05 AM

TakaraTomy has yet to announce their release correct?

ACItEK8.png

#56 LV!

LV!

• Citizen
  • 17272 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:40 AM

Correct. Or anything after Prime.

#57 LV!

LV!

• Citizen
  • 17272 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:42 AM

I want to spend extra money and get Barricade now, but also I don't, and also especially not RK shipping extra money, and also his US release is supposed to be my birthday, and how can I resist MPM Barricade for my birthday?

#58 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

Hello, world

• Supporter
  • 19312 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:09 PM

Just picked up mine from the post office, and gave him a quick back-and-forth.

He's amazing.  Easily the most solid of the Masterpiece Movie releases to date, and certainly the easiest to transform.  He feels very much a refinement of a number of the things the original Deluxe and Human Alliance figures did, while smoothing out almost all of the proportion issues those toys had.  No real instances of floating swing arms and awkward panel massaging, everything comes together very intuitively.  The only real trick initially is figuring out in what ways the arms/sides of the car tab in, so that you can free everything up to start things moving.  I'd also like to note to pay attention to his head position when going back to car mode (if you weren't paying attention when going to robot mode the first time).  It needs to swings all the way back on the balljoint, so that his head crest winds up poking out the bottom of the car.  Otherwise it prevents his legs from moving all the way up into position.

Now, to get through the negatives, in part due to his somewhat inhuman anatomy, kibble arrangement, and transformation mechanisms, he's not as wildly poseable in the way that some of the recent Masterpieces are.  Waist rotation severely restricted (you have to unpeg a whole bunch of back stuff to give it more that 10 degrees of clearance, and that makes the rest of his torso slightly unstable because that back shell assembly is what holds everything together).  While it's nice that he's got the accurate buzzsaw mace weapon, indeed having to practically untransform that whole forearm makes the rest of the arm look pretty clunky, especially the back windscreen piece that has to just hang there, instead of folding up nicely into the mass.  Biceps don't freely rotate due to how the elbow joint collides with his shoulder panels.  No real wrist joints, although you can unpeg them and kludge a bit more movement out of them than is intended.

But honestly, none of those flaws really matters to me.  It's Barricade, finally looking like the monstrous and powerful badass that he was onscreen, instead of the often awkwardly gangly and unintuitively articulated mass that his toys usually wound up being.

He's pleasantly hefty in-hand.  He's about the same size as Bumblebee in vehicle mode, but feels more densely packed.  And maybe bigger chunks of diecast.  Didn't break out a scale or anything, but he feels a good 20% heavier than his nemesis.  This also translates to robot mode.  Because most of his car mass is in his arms (as per the norm for Barricade), rather than tucked away inside, he balloons out greatly in robot mode and gives a far more bulky silhouette than 'Bee.

Edited by mx-01 archon, 02 February 2018 - 10:10 PM.

#59 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

Hello, world

• Supporter
  • 19312 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 02:26 AM

Well damn.  On second pass, I find a small detail I didn't catch the first time around.  His rear wheels (the ones on his wrists) actually split in half and spread apart on the axle, slightly, to replicate his "transformed" wheels from the movie model.  Such a small, inconsequential detail, and a bit of a surprising inclusion since they didn't bother to do anything with Prime's wheels (albeit, his wheel transformations are far more impractical and costly to replicate)..

#60 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9554 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:43 PM

Reviews by Kevin Liu and chefatron:

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users