Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 June 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Ha! Talk about getting away with something!

@  Maximus Ambus : (01 June 2020 - 09:08 AM)

Carnivac was still an evil Decepticon at heart, and no one shot him in the back for it.

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 06:52 PM)

*stares at the light switch* .... I see what you did there

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (30 May 2020 - 01:40 PM)

*hands llittleautobot1218 a light switch* There you go.

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:53 AM)

I feel a need to lighten up the mood.... ;)

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:38 AM)

:p

@  Maximus Ambus : (30 May 2020 - 02:14 AM)

Shockwave did it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (30 May 2020 - 12:21 AM)

I'm not in the US and at least some of the episodes seem to work for me. I don't know the actual list of places it's available, though.

@  Shockwave 75 : (29 May 2020 - 10:37 PM)

Unfortunately It seems Cyberverse is only available in the US on YouTube.

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 May 2020 - 09:19 AM)

Yes, and its ongoing.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (29 May 2020 - 01:05 AM)

Cyberverse is already officially uploaded to YouTube.

@  fourteenwings : (29 May 2020 - 12:36 AM)

Spin Master is abridging current episodes of Bakugan Armored Alliance and posting the result on YouTube. Maybe Hasbro does that someday too.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 10:59 PM)

I see... :/

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 08:14 PM)

Within the US anyway. Those channels aren't easy or cheap to access in other countries, and their website often region lock content. Tubi is the only good thing on that list: largely identical (but not perfectly so. Damnit. I wanna watch COPS.) country to country and free.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:24 PM)

So yeah, Hasbro is using plenty of venues to spread exposure of their brands

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Starz currently licenses Transformers G1 and the GI Joe movie (as well as MLP specials). Netflix has more current series available.

@  Nevermore : (28 May 2020 - 07:21 PM)

Study shows: Holders of the title "world's oldest person" have a severely increased risk of dying.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:18 PM)

Tubi TV and Youtube both host various Hasbro cartoons. Both are freely accessed and ad supported. Any basic TV package (barring straight antenna) includes channels like USA Network, SyFy and FX, all of which regularly air the films from Transformers and GI Joe.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 06:18 PM)

I dunno what to tell you, media might be changing slowly, but at least it's still accessible. Even the folks that DON'T get one of the streaming services can watch it on the company website. It's a vehicle for the toy line after all, they need to make an effort to make it as consumable as possible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Well. Thats said, then.... I guess... :doh

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 04:13 PM)

As long as the the cartoons are profitable, then they'll make more. The media it's shown on is completely irrelevant. I say that as a guy whose earliest surviving memory is a big red truck turning into a big red robot.

@  ZakuConvoy : (28 May 2020 - 03:06 PM)

Might be the end of an era. With the rise of streaming, who knows if Transformers will ever be on broadcast TV again.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 11:46 AM)

3 seasons on a show is usually enough... but yeah ;-;

@  Roddie Luver : (27 May 2020 - 09:37 PM)

I’m also sad Cyberverse has no season four.

@  Paladin : (26 May 2020 - 08:10 PM)

it's too hugging hot today.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 03:39 PM)

I'll agree with you on that.

*Figured -_-

I fugured

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 May 2020 - 01:37 PM)

I'm actually sad Cyberverse won't get another season. 2 and 3 (of what I've seen) have REALLY nailed it in being fun little actions shows, like the Sunbow series.

@  Rycochet : (25 May 2020 - 01:00 PM)

Yes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 May 2020 - 12:52 PM)

I'm waiting for Animated season 4. Am I insane?

@  wonko the sane? : (25 May 2020 - 11:22 AM)

I'm waiting for the next season to show up on netflix.

@  Sabrblade : (25 May 2020 - 10:59 AM)

Many of us have already watched the rest of the Cyberverse episodes since the whole third season aired in the UK last September.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:18 AM)

*9th

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:17 AM)

I just saw the 8th episode... omg

@  Bass X0 : (25 May 2020 - 01:28 AM)

Already seen it online.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:42 PM)

Who's excited for tomorrow? The only thing that makes Monday worth it is the Cyberverse episodes .-.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 May 2020 - 12:30 PM)

Welcome. I just came into that trick myself recently, so happy to share.

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 12:05 PM)

Thanks, wonko the sane? for the tip with the cloning. That helped a lot!

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 12:02 PM)

Heheh.... yes... I don't think a sniper would be very good at making a vaccine... 0.0

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 11:48 AM)

All right! Cloning my old HHD to an SSD and then swapping out the drive was successful, it would appear. Finally.

@  Bass X0 : (24 May 2020 - 11:30 AM)

Scientist Perceptor is. Sniper Perceptor less so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:51 AM)

Perceptor would be more responsible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:48 AM)

Oof x~x

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 10:45 AM)

He'd cure the virus, but he'd probably commit at least two crimes against nature and weaponize a third in the process.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:39 AM)

'Horrible consequences' would most likely happen with Brainstorm...

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 08:16 AM)

Totally. And Percy's not even human. XD

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 06:50 AM)

Can't do much worse than our current government, I say go for it.

@  Sabrblade : (23 May 2020 - 10:13 PM)

Little do we realize that the Perceptor in question is the Mini-Con combiner. :p

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

He would!!!

Photo
- - - - -

Rian Johnson to create all new Star Wars Trilogy

189 replies to this topic

#41 Shenanigans

Shenanigans

Cynic-in-residence

• Supporter
  • 6492 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:03 PM

Long ago in a distant land I, Disney, the shapeshifting master of entertainment acquired an unbeatable franchise!

But a foolish EU fanboy wielding a plastic lightsabre stepped forth to oppose me...
[vwoom, vwoom]

Before the final criticism was cast I tore open a portal in time and sent him into the future, where my Star Wars is canon !

Now the fool seeks to return to the past and undo the future that is Disney!

XnIZN7T.jpg 

Shenanigans

Nonsense; mischief; often, a treacherous or deceitful trick.

#42 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3664 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:10 PM

I'm okay with there being no Skywalker in this planned trilogy.  IMHO, this could end up being the fresh breath the trilogy needed.

#43 Jet

Jet

Super-unvincible

• Citizen
  • 24927 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:19 PM

Just make sure the droid characters are as good as BB-8 and K2-S0. That's all I ask.

D&D has to report to shareholders. Pathfinder only has to impress its neckbeards.

#44 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 18618 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:28 PM

Behind the Scenes at Disney:

Ozu35Pcm.jpg

"And, if we keep squeezing, we might just get three more movies out of it!"

More seriously, if they're good, then fine.  But I don't really feel like the franchise needs three more mainline movies.  Perhaps more spinoffs or something.  I could dig more side stories within the universe.

nzo8WYb.png

#45 Telly

Telly

god of kingdom come

• Retired Staff
  • 8573 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:36 PM

I wouldn't even care if we just got a one off Vong character.

i nominate nom anor. he was great as a stir shit up behind the scenes person

Edited by Telly, 10 November 2017 - 09:57 PM.

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#46 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 34849 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:12 PM

I was really pleased by this news. I want my Star Wars fix, but these actors probably don't want it to be their full time job forever. I'd like to get another trilogy out of them after 10 years, before they get old, but not every other year forever. But alternating stand-alones with a longer form trilogy is pretty neat.

#47 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29095 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:56 PM

I'd like to hope Disney's game plan isn't just to slowly make everything they wrote off canon once again.

The Vong for me were always a bad idea. Too much of a science fiction concept for a science fantasy franchise and just pointlessly grim dark.

#48 The Jawa

The Jawa

Utinni!

• Citizen
  • 4188 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:10 PM

Ugh...   I've been burned out for years now.     While  I like parts of things (BB8, K2, Porgs)  I just can't really get into it anymore.    It's just too damn much without a break to digest.  

There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.   They need to take a friggin' breather.

-~- The Jawa -~-

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they eat rainbows and poop butterflies..."

#49 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8196 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:23 PM

Please. Name. Yoda's. Species.

Do you have a single good reason as to why they should? What will knowing Yoda's species' name add to the Star Wars mythology?
Add to the mythology? Nothing major. But my main reason is the existence of Yaddle. She must be forced to always be referred to as "Yoda Species". In a series where every character who had 3 seconds of screen time has a name and backstory, it strikes me as a bizzare omission.

#50 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10797 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:47 PM

Yaddle? Just goes to show how long it's been since I've seen The Phantom Menace (which, for the record, was probably when I rented it shortly after it came out on VHS). I had no idea that character even existed.

Hopefully I'll be able to forget about it again soon.

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 10 November 2017 - 11:50 PM.

#51 Shenanigans

Shenanigans

Cynic-in-residence

• Supporter
  • 6492 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:47 AM

Ugh...   I've been burned out for years now.     While  I like parts of things (BB8, K2, Porgs)  I just can't really get into it anymore.    It's just too damn much without a break to digest.  

There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.   They need to take a friggin' breather.

I've started feeling similarly about Marvel movies. I haven't been able to muster up any enthusiasm to see Thor Ragnarok because it feels like I've been bombarded with the same thing too much. I went to see The Death of Stalin instead.

Edited by Shenanigans, 11 November 2017 - 03:56 AM.

XnIZN7T.jpg 

Shenanigans

Nonsense; mischief; often, a treacherous or deceitful trick.

#52 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29095 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:02 AM

The problem as I see it is that Star Wars is remembered for a very compact story. Farmboy becomes a hero, discovers his family is to blame for the problem, saves the galaxy while redeeming his family.

You can absolutely tell other stories there but Lucas was smart enough not to make them movies. Someone once described Star Wars lore to me as being like a salad bar. You have the canon movies at the centre but you're free to pick and choose from the games, comics, books etc what else you do or don't want on your plate.

Disney want a Star Wars movie every year now. The A Star Wars Story brand will exist specifically to create prequels and based on Rogue One I'm not convinced. Even for a franchise with a ton of merchandise they opened the flood gates to even more companies.

Everything about Disney's handling feels like a cash grab. Shoving Star Wars in audience's faces until they're sick of it.

#53 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 23612 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:38 AM

If the new ones are going to be detached from the Skywalker stuff, then the salad bar analogy surely still applies. More movies isn't going to remove that freedom if they're not going to be all that connected to existing material.

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 11 November 2017 - 03:41 AM.

• Jet likes this

#54 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47635 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:21 AM

Is anyone honestly surprised that after Disney shelled out two billion for Star Wars, they are going to run that train for as long as it's still got track?

#55 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7751 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:33 PM

Id like to see any of the following:

1) Adaptation of Knights Of The Old Republic.  The cinematic trailers they did for those games ALWAYS had me wishing for a movie done in that style of animation. Id settle for a live action film.  If not a set of a movies, this could be the perfect setting for a live action TV series  

2) Darth Bane trilogy.  Despite what Disney says about all new and unexplored area of the Star Wars Universe....they will want to tie it into the current set of movies somehow, someway I am sure.  I think Bane and the rule of 2 could be the best way to do that. 

3) Republic Commandos.  I LOVED the books and the game is still one of my favorites of the Star Wars games. You could still have your Jedi/Sith involvement. Its a already established time period. 

#56 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47635 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:10 PM

A KOTOR adaption would be great. Three movies gives plenty of time to devote to the story, and the story has a twist worthy of the original

The problem with KOTOR is that twist is about as well known as Darth Vader's twist in Star Wars circles so how do you hide it so its not obvious and gets outed immediately? The minute the names "Revan", "Malak", "Shan", or "Carth" show up, the cat's out of the bag.

#57 Marduk

Marduk
  • Citizen
  • 1733 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:47 PM

I suppose it's too much to ask Disney to revisit the Prequel Trilogy at some point and tell the war story that Lucas was too afraid to tell the first time around. We don't need a Skywalker (or Jedi, really). Just tell the "Fall of the Old Republic" story that we missed in between AOTC and ROTS. If we could keep the feel of the early Republic Commando books, that'd be great.

Or give us Rogue Squadron. Any Rogue Squadron. Make it a 2.5 hour long X-wing battle and I'd probably be there opening night.

~Marduk (too much focus on Anakin, not enough focus on, you know, the entire galaxy plunging into darkness and chaos)

#58 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9443 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:53 PM

A KOTOR adaption would be great. Three movies gives plenty of time to devote to the story, and the story has a twist worthy of the original

The problem with KOTOR is that twist is about as well known as Darth Vader's twist in Star Wars circles so how do you hide it so its not obvious and gets outed immediately? The minute the names "Revan", "Malak", "Shan", or "Carth" show up, the cat's out of the bag.

This is where we solve the problem by using the original KOTOR. Tales of the Jedi KotOR to be specific. Less known but still could be just as epic following the saga of The Sith resurgence begun by Exar Kun and Ulic Quel Droma as Nomi Sunrider and the Jedi order fight to stop them. But heck it’s all Legends now. They could make Ulic/Revan and Kun/Malak. Straight adaptions of the legends canon will never happen but they have already shown signs of cherry picking concepts already.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#59 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7751 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:57 PM

But do you really think that would keep people that are in the know from going? I never played the games, but I know the plot line ish...and Id still be super pumped to see it get played out.  Especially a shuttle full of sith crashing into the Jedi temple and all out war. 

#60 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47635 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 07:47 PM

But do you really think that would keep people that are in the know from going? I never played the games, but I know the plot line ish...and Id still be super pumped to see it get played out.  Especially a shuttle full of sith crashing into the Jedi temple and all out war. 

That was TOR, not KOTOR, but the point is still valid. This would be an amazing sequence to witness in live action:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users