Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

I got Studio Series 39 Cogman yesterday and woke up to find he'd decapitated my titans returns figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 July 2020 - 10:19 PM)

If I had a sarcasm powered mouth.. ooohh waaaiiittt...

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 05:01 PM)

Heh

@  Bass X0 : (04 July 2020 - 02:56 PM)

"If I had sarcasm-powered legs, I'd do a happy dance...!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 July 2020 - 02:39 PM)

The real clones were the friends we made along the way.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 01:47 PM)

So the Emperor in episodes 1 through 6 was a clone?

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:47 AM)

(And the 0th anniversary of the last time I couldn't do math.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Today is the 24th anniversary of the day we fought off an alien invasion with the help of Will Smith.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Oh the end of the Ottoman Empire of course.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 10:14 AM)

*ahem* 4th of July....

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 08:14 AM)

Nothing of importance has happened before, and nothing of importance will happen again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Nothing of importance happened today.

@  Telly : (03 July 2020 - 09:54 PM)

i want a "i survived 'rona and all i got was this lousy t-shirt"

@  TheMightyMol... : (03 July 2020 - 03:42 PM)

Slogan for 2021: "I Lived, Bitch."

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

They should make the next book in the Survivors series 'I SURVIVED CORONA VIRUS 2020'

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

YEEEE I'M A SURVIVOR-

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:59 AM)

Probably gonna assemble Devastator after work.

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:58 AM)

Ooooh. Overload arrived. He's surprisingly fun.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 04:00 PM)

He's sweeter than the average bear.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 July 2020 - 03:14 PM)

Convert him to Maple Syrup.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 03:10 PM)

what would Canada do with Yogi?

@  Cyoti : (01 July 2020 - 12:51 PM)

We can deport Yogi back to Canada now.

@  Sabrblade : (01 July 2020 - 12:50 PM)

Jellystone National Pawk. A westful wetweat.

@  Rycochet : (01 July 2020 - 12:47 PM)

Jellystone. We're going to be plunged into a decade of poor animation. Fortunately we've been led by bad cartoon characters for years so we won't notice much difference.

@  Maximus Ambus : (01 July 2020 - 06:19 AM)

what next? YELLOWSTONE?

@  Nevermore : (01 July 2020 - 05:46 AM)

Thanks, dead person.

@  Bass X0 : (01 July 2020 - 05:06 AM)

congratulations to all survivors of the first half of 2020.

@  wonko the sane? : (30 June 2020 - 10:21 PM)

21 for me, but after numerous repetitions I got it down to 17 and a half.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 June 2020 - 06:16 PM)

I transform in six steps from human to human sitting on my ass at the computer and back again!

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 June 2020 - 05:55 PM)

x-x when in vehicle mode we can travel much F A R T H E R-

@  wonko the sane? : (30 June 2020 - 05:52 PM)

Because despite the fact that we can travel around the world in the time it takes to get a good nights sleep and a couple of meals: people rarely wander more than 25 miles away from home for the duration of their lives.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I don't know how many days that trip takes - especially while sightseeing - but explaining they're 3936 kilometers (2445 miles) apart gives an idea, paradoxically because it is too large to easily picture.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 05:44 PM)

Aye.  When I catch lay people discussing miles and not how long the trip takes, it is in an attempt to stress how far away something is... like NYC to LA.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:20 PM)

But I can imagine 45 *minutes* easily.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:20 PM)

I can imagine a mile, it's a distance I've run. I can't really imagine 45 miles.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:19 PM)

I think there's also an element of the thing where things that are much bigger than us all blur together.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:49 AM)

If you're not, then you're more concerned with how long it takes.  Actual distance doesn't tell you that very well.  Besides traffic and road conditions, you'll need to know what kind of driving (city/interstate/rural/etc.).

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:47 AM)

Distance matters if you're being paid by the mile.

@  TM2-Megatron : (30 June 2020 - 11:44 AM)

Canadians are the same way, for the most part. If you're driving somewhere far, especially, it helps you plan out the day more than a distance in KM would.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:42 AM)

We use the time it takes to get someplace because that is what is relevant to us.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 June 2020 - 10:55 AM)

Because even we can't figure out miles half the time.

@  Paladin : (30 June 2020 - 09:54 AM)

it's a big country with a lot of empty space. between our citizens' ears.

@  Bass X0 : (30 June 2020 - 09:52 AM)

Why do most Americans measure distance by hours of driving?

@  TM2-Megatron : (29 June 2020 - 07:26 PM)

And as a result the world's lone blu-ray release of the film, an Australian disc that came out 7 years ago, now goes for hundreds of dollars on eBay. Thanks Disney.

@  TM2-Megatron : (29 June 2020 - 06:21 PM)

Well, they censored Daryl Hannah's butt in Splash :rolleyes

@  Paladin : (29 June 2020 - 05:43 PM)

maybe New Mutants is too bad even for D+.

@  Steevy Maximus : (29 June 2020 - 05:00 PM)

X-Men films are coming to Disney+ next month. But will they censor Hugh Jackman's butt?

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 June 2020 - 12:44 PM)

Pft.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 June 2020 - 11:59 AM)

Behold! Night Strike Galvatron!

@  Bass X0 : (29 June 2020 - 09:53 AM)

I will grant you a recolored body, and recolored troops to command.

Photo
- - - - -

Rian Johnson to create all new Star Wars Trilogy

189 replies to this topic

#21 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9499 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:42 PM

There's so many things to do EU or otherwise inspired.

Knights of the Old Republic - Revans got a decent fanbase and plenty of wiggle room to keep the Skywalker saga away

An Actual Rogue Squadron film series- More Wars in Star Wars please

The Misadventures of Tag and Bink- They are everywhere!

Porgs! - The animated spinoff staring the endearing little bird things! (OK no thanks)

Tales from Maz's.

The Mandolorian Wars.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#22 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 4021 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:20 AM

if we get the yuuzhan vong then all is forgiven

#23 tec

tec

Yubi Yubi taker

• Supporter
  • 32608 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:41 AM

gross the worst of the EU

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#24 Telly

Telly

Kelp of discontent

• Retired Staff
  • 8652 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:06 AM

They started out good but a 20 book storyarc was WAAAAAAY too much
When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#25 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 9499 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:52 AM

Heck we almost had them in Clone Wars. Frankly if they toned down the extragalactic invaders thing and just made them an odd civilization in the Unknown Regions and not overpowered as hug they really wouldnt be a bad antagonist.

Do I want them focused on enough in this movie situation. Oh hell no. But I wouldnt mind if they were used in a spin-off cartoon or series as an occasional opponent now and again. Heck lose the complete force immunity and just make them naturally resistant while having their bio tech a unique extension of Force ability

#26 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8224 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:03 AM

Please. Name. Yoda's. Species.

#27 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17807 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:54 AM

Lullabell.

-ZacWilliam, or maybe Frank.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#28 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10818 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:31 AM

They've managed to keep Marvel movies mostly interesting and somehow avoided sequel/franchise fatigue for close to a decade. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until they give me a reason not to.

#29 Gridlock

Gridlock
  • Citizen
  • 339 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:55 AM

So, they're gonna Marvel-up on this franchise.  Looking forward to the inevitable announcements of multiple live-action series across ABC, Disney XD, and the upcoming Disney streaming platforms.

Well...

https://www.polygon....s-marvel-disney

#30 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14628 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:00 AM

Jeez, Disney. You only need to wait 5 weeks to see if there's a positive response to this guy's first Star Wars movie. You've already replaced directors for two movies, three if you count preemptively ditching Trank. Learn some patience.

You don't understand how marketing works. Disney already know by now exactly how much they can expect this film to make, and this announcement was partially to bolster that number, showing the strength in the company's belief that "The Last Jedi" is going to be well received. We'll probably also see reviews drop shortly after Thanksgiving I'd assume. Early enough for reviewers to gush over the film and build up "organic" awareness.

Your calls for "patience" would have meant the public received - supposedly - crappier versions of "Rogue One" and "Solo" due to the issues in the primary filming. Disney is protecting their investment by investing more into it, and I'm glad they're taking a bullish stance with this film.

Please. Name. Yoda's. Species.

Do you have a single good reason as to why they should? What will knowing Yoda's species' name add to the Star Wars mythology?

Knights of the Old Republic - Revans got a decent fanbase and plenty of wiggle room to keep the Skywalker saga away

If they had Rian Johnson adapt Revan's story into a trilogy I would build an altar to the man in our spare room.

Yep.

#31 Johnny Here

Johnny Here
  • Citizen
  • 704 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:47 AM

Sure Disney. Just keep making Star Wars films. The faboys have already decided you can do no wrong, so...

Yup. I agree with you.
These things used to be a big deal...now they're just churned out

#32 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:09 AM

My first guess, if they really are giving him a counter o f Star Wars yet untouched by film is a reimagining of the Knights of the Old Republic era.

-ZacWilliam, granted theres about a billion other things it could be about too, but thats the first thing that popped to mind.

I sure hope not.  Jedi overload was one of the main problems with the prequel trilogy.  It's much more interesting to watch the effects they have on everyone else and the legends surrounding them than actually seeing them just wage war or whatever.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#33 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11701 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:44 PM

Heck we almost had them in Clone Wars. Frankly if they toned down the extragalactic invaders thing and just made them an odd civilization in the Unknown Regions and not overpowered as hug they really wouldnt be a bad antagonist.

Do I want them focused on enough in this movie situation. Oh hell no. But I wouldnt mind if they were used in a spin-off cartoon or series as an occasional opponent now and again. Heck lose the complete force immunity and just make them naturally resistant while having their bio tech a unique extension of Force ability

I think there's plenty of room to do a full Yuuzhan Vong invasion that doesn't go to the depths of bloodshed and cataclysm that the NJO books did.

Honestly, I think the biggest problem with the Yuuzhan Vong is that LucasBooks seemed to expect the EU to end when the Prequels came out, so they set up NJO as the big "grand finale" of the Star Wars universe.

Then it didn't end, and you can see all the post-NJO material frantically backpedalling on the "irreversible" stuff the Vong pulled off (like demolishing Coruscant, murdering trillions, rendering much of the galaxy uninhabitable, and dealing with thousands of Jedi who'd never been mentioned before).

#34 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:46 PM

I think the Yuuzhan Vong might be too out of place (they always kind of struck me as Star Trek villains instead of Star Wars) for a Disney SW universe.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#35 Benbot

Benbot

What a nerd

• Supporter
  • 5674 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:01 PM

Yuuzhan Vong ruined the EU, so I'd like to keep them entirely in bad fanfic territory where they belong.

#36 Ironbite

Ironbite

REJOICE! THE KING OF TIME HAS ARRIVED!

• Supporter
  • 28929 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:50 PM

Well ain't you a ball of sunshine and happiness.

xC9l3eY.gif

#37 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 9499 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:15 PM

I think there's plenty of room to do a full Yuuzhan Vong invasion that doesn't go to the depths of bloodshed and cataclysm that the NJO books did.

Honestly, I think the biggest problem with the Yuuzhan Vong is that LucasBooks seemed to expect the EU to end when the Prequels came out, so they set up NJO as the big "grand finale" of the Star Wars universe.

Then it didn't end, and you can see all the post-NJO material frantically backpedalling on the "irreversible" stuff the Vong pulled off (like demolishing Coruscant, murdering trillions, rendering much of the galaxy uninhabitable, and dealing with thousands of Jedi who'd never been mentioned before).

Yuuzhan Vong ruined the EU, so I'd like to keep them entirely in bad fanfic territory where they belong.

A lot of what Cybersnark says rings true. The NJO series made it out to be the end all series to cap off a lot of the EU, and than just continued on with little consequence. Frankly it's how the Vong were used to me rather than the Vong themselves that bugs me. I mean it's not like the Vong were the first terrible antagonist in the EU. Just the first to get a focus on more than one trilogy of books.

If we were to get an adaption of the Vong in canon I would really rather they cut a lot of junk off. The bodily mutilation and pain worshiping being the first to go. I just don't see anything like that flying in the Mouses view. Again lower the invasional tone down a notch too. Especially the start. When the first book has them bringing a Moon down onto a planet killing a major character it's a bit too much at once to start with. I wouldn't even care if we just got a one off Vong character. I just like the idea of a character who in a world of Technology spurns it for use of living organisms that can be just as powerful or deadly. Whether one character or a race I don't dislike the idea. The NJO was just way too much of it all at once. Making them so overpowered at the start was a big failing, and being the focus for so many years overstayed their welcome.

#38 Strafe

Strafe

Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Validating
  • 11525 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:57 PM

gross the worst of the EU

/googles them

Oh. Oh, god. I'm not opposed to the idea of strange threats from other galaxies, I would like a little more mystery in my Star Wars, but all of that sounds less than great. Maybe a synopsis or two isn't the best way to form an opinion, but... yeah.

#39 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11701 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:15 PM

(they always kind of struck me as Star Trek villains instead of Star Wars)

I see them as more Warhammer 40K, actually.

Massive galactic-scale army with incongruously close-range weapons and tactics, relying on troop strength in the billions, who want to exterminate all non-Vong life and routinely destroy entire planets.

They're like a cross between the Imperium and the Tyranids.

#40 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10805 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:27 PM

No objection to a new Star Wars trilogy, no objection to it not focusing on the Skywalker family or Jedi. I just want to be entertained, and I think the films will manage that.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users