Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (22 September 2018 - 01:53 PM)

So apparently some models of air-conditioner are on trays inside the case, so they can be removed for easy access to the internals. I did not know that two hours ago: and have since cleaned three. It's been a learning kind of day.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 September 2018 - 09:15 AM)

There's probably been a Pokedex-themed 3DS cover.

@  Noideaforaname : (21 September 2018 - 04:34 PM)

I still got that Pikachu Edition Gameboy Color from back in the day. Yellow and Blue and with Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Togepi on the screen.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 September 2018 - 04:30 PM)

Quote of the day: I either need bourbon or aspirin, and I'm pretty sure the liquor cabinet is closer than the medicine chest.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 September 2018 - 02:38 PM)

I don't recall any Pokedex themed DS or Game Boy, but plenty of Pokemon-themed ones. My favourite, and the one I've got myself, was the Pokemon Red/Blue themed 3DS with the swappable faceplates that came out around the time the original games were made available via digital download

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (21 September 2018 - 02:30 PM)

I'm fairly certain Nintendo has done Pokéball red and white, but I don't know about specific Pokédex colors.

@  Paladin : (21 September 2018 - 11:10 AM)

random thought: has Nintendo ever made a 3DS that looks like a Pokedex? because that seems like a GOLDMINE waiting to happen...

@  Nevermore : (21 September 2018 - 03:23 AM)

Wiigii! Titans Return Grotusque for only 60 Euros (actually 70 but I somehow had an eBay gift card for reasons that escape me) with free shipping from within my own country!

@  Whirl Maximus : (21 September 2018 - 03:02 AM)

That was the plan for Predators too with the Super Predators.

@  Waspinator : (21 September 2018 - 01:46 AM)

So, apparently in the new Predator movie, the Predators don't hunt us for honor or the challenge or anything like that, but because they're stealing human DNA to modify themselves. Congrats Hollywood, on making a monster far less cool and scary.

@  Pennpenn : (20 September 2018 - 08:46 AM)

I only started playing it recently so I don't know what it was like before. Actually surprised they haven't finished the story yet. Then again, unless they introduce another world it's pretty much just Maleficent and whatever the Foretellers are playing at left.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 September 2018 - 08:30 AM)

Geeze.. I reloaded up Kingdom Hearts X for the first time in a long time. That game has massivily inflated from when I played it when it first launced in the US.

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 09:07 AM)

It's an annoying thing to have happen in any game. I'm hoping they actually finish releasing all the story mode parts before 3 comes out.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 September 2018 - 06:24 AM)

Ahh. Hadn't played that in a long time.. Since before the PVP I think.

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 04:33 AM)

Kingdom Hearts Union Cross. Specifically the PVP fights.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 September 2018 - 04:31 AM)

What game PennPenn

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 03:13 AM)

Man, I love it when you've got limited attempts at something in a game, said game crashes at the end of the thing, so you lose the attempt but don't get any credit.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 September 2018 - 08:44 PM)

I know. I'm back to the classic purple for the first time since the comic theme was introduced.

@  Fenix Twilight : (18 September 2018 - 08:32 PM)

Alright thanks, gonna be weird without the speech bubble boxes but I'll manage.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 September 2018 - 07:59 PM)

Nope, ongoing problem for a bunch of us. The mods know, so... just hunker down and wait. In the mean time: changing themes will sort it out for a bit. Only the comic theme is affected.

@  Fenix Twilight : (18 September 2018 - 05:36 PM)

Is something going on? I'm missing the buttons to go to the newest post and there's no banner for the forum list, it just says "logo" in the corner.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 September 2018 - 06:03 AM)

Leader-1!

@  Whirl Maximus : (18 September 2018 - 02:25 AM)

"huh?" 'chuckle' in every reaction shot. That's all I remember of Armada.

@  Paladin : (16 September 2018 - 07:36 PM)

if youre looking for sympathy its in the dictionary between shit & syphilis.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 September 2018 - 03:10 PM)

Uuuhhhhhh.......

@  Rycochet : (15 September 2018 - 11:56 AM)

Due to it's concentrated lousiness, even small doses of Energon will age you, yes.

@  Lazy Garou : (15 September 2018 - 10:32 AM)

unicron trilogy video was great, but made me feel a hundred years old.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 September 2018 - 07:32 AM)

Awesome. Good job man.

@  Lazy Garou : (11 September 2018 - 09:30 PM)

cleaning up, mostly.but the little plastic piece where the power cable hooked up was broken. That I managed to put back together.

@  Patch : (11 September 2018 - 04:48 PM)

So he also has White Castle-like qualities?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 September 2018 - 02:23 PM)

Just keep him away from the plumbing, he's really hard on the pipes.

@  RichardT1977 : (11 September 2018 - 01:22 PM)

Overlord has some castle-like qualities to him

@  wonko the sane? : (11 September 2018 - 12:15 PM)

Fix it, like, found a working power adaptor, or fix it like: there was saudering involved.

@  Lazy Garou : (11 September 2018 - 11:58 AM)

that feeling when you fix something and works like a dream. we now have a working snes in my house and I have tested 10 games on it and they all work.

@  Arazyr : (11 September 2018 - 10:44 AM)

...Now I want a Transformer that turns into a castle.

@  wonko the sane? : (11 September 2018 - 09:37 AM)

You should be careful man, lots of allsparkers life in castle law states. It's a good way to get shot you know.

@  ▲ndrusi : (11 September 2018 - 09:35 AM)

Which house? Mine? Dammit I thought I locked my door!

@  GrungeWerX : (11 September 2018 - 01:20 AM)

GrungeWerX in tha HOUSE!!! WOOT!!

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2018 - 11:54 PM)

There's been consistently good sc-fi flicks; most just fly under the radar as lower-budget or indie pictures

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 September 2018 - 09:28 PM)

If you can forget about that garbage Ghost in the Shell feature...

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 September 2018 - 09:27 PM)

Upgrade is a GREAT dark sci fi throwback film. Kind of feels like the genre has been nailing some good stuff after a LONG time of drek

@  Sabrblade : (10 September 2018 - 06:34 PM)

Hey, Steve is a Vehicon!

@  abates : (10 September 2018 - 04:44 PM)

I thought it was spelled "Stege".

@  Arazyr : (10 September 2018 - 02:10 PM)

So, "I before E, except after Siege"? :D

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (10 September 2018 - 01:59 PM)

Memorandum to all: the word "siege" is spelled with the "i" before the "e".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (08 September 2018 - 12:55 PM)

Happy birthday to Star Trek and Star Trek: The Animated Series!

@  MEDdMI : (08 September 2018 - 07:55 AM)

*smacks TMM upside the head*

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 September 2018 - 02:51 AM)

& Knuckles.

@  Pennpenn : (07 September 2018 - 11:01 PM)

Re: Coded?

@  Waspinator : (07 September 2018 - 09:14 PM)

Final Fantasy: The Movie: The Game: Pocket Edition HD Boogaloo

Photo

The Absolute State of Marvel (and DC) - Superman gets thoroughly Bendised

331 replies to this topic

#1 Broadside

Broadside

Now I'm a beeliever

• Staff
  • 10492 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:28 AM

This is, honestly, hilarious. I mean, it's not going to make Marvel any better and can only make DC worse, but it's still really funny that the ultimate Marvel Company Man is now at DC.

Edited by Broadside, 01 February 2018 - 11:17 AM.

#2 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 22072 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:45 AM

goodbye forever

nobody will miss you

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#3 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 22072 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:48 AM

Also, you ever notice how Bendis looks like a real life Lex Luthor?

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#4 The Magic Man

The Magic Man
  • Citizen
  • 1533 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:21 AM

Sad that Irredeemable Iron Man won't get to become a full FF book like it seemes to be leading to, as that was the only Marvel book I was reading.

Oh well, we'll see if this gives him some new energy. Hopefully in one of the like 7 books he'll be writing at any one time there will be some smaller fare like Blue Devil

Edited by The Magic Man, 07 November 2017 - 10:25 AM.

#5 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 25386 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:33 AM

Well, I'll always of the fond memories of Ultimate Spider-man.

Maybe he'll add that same energy to a DC property and grab my interest.

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

He's on your side...except when he isn't!

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#6 Strafe

Strafe

Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Validating
  • 11525 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:55 PM

Pray he knows anything at all about your favorite characters, lament because he will not. (let him create his own, maybe?)

He'll be the busiest man at the company and still somehow accomplish the least.

#7 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14420 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:06 PM

et him create his own, maybe?

Has creating an all-new character gone well for DC in the past 20 years, no matter the writer?

Now, yet another Superman or Batman that's talking like this and never stops and just keeps talking with more and more speech bubbles... yeah, I can see him doing that.

Edited by PiratedTVPro, 07 November 2017 - 03:12 PM.

Yep.

#8 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 34559 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:34 PM

I wonder which DC hero he'll have date Kitty Pryde.

"Disabled people don’t have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isn’t a “special need”. It’s a basic human right. It’s a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#9 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 37523 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:03 PM

Has creating an all-new character gone well for DC in the past 20 years, no matter the writer?

Now, yet another Superman or Batman that's talking like this and never stops and just keeps talking with more and more speech bubbles... yeah, I can see him doing that.

30, more like.  Unless you mean "gone well" ironically, in which case I'll just point at Bloodlines.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#10 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 20391 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:05 PM

What about Jaime Reyes?

Granted, I mostly know him as the main Blue Beetle in Brave and the Bold

#11 AgentOrange

AgentOrange
  • Citizen
  • 987 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:25 PM

30, more like.  Unless you mean "gone well" ironically, in which case I'll just point at Bloodlines.

30? 30's too far.  Tim Drake, Cassandra Cain, Harley Quinn, Bane, Conner Kent, John Henry Irons, Hank Henshaw, Kyle Rayner, Jack Knight, Tommy Monaghan off the top of my head.

LOOKDOWN.png

#12 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

Kaze ni na HONK

• Citizen
  • 22124 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:23 PM

The rats are leaving the sinking ship. Marvel needs to look internally to see the glaring problems people have already pointed out or itll be too late for them.

#13 Strafe

Strafe

Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Validating
  • 11525 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:46 PM

let him create his own, maybe?

Has it? You tell me, I gave up on DC's books ten years ago. The only one I've bought between then and now is Scooby Apocalypse.

#14 Broadside

Broadside

Now I'm a beeliever

• Staff
  • 10492 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:58 PM

I will hear nothing bad said about Kenan Kong. Or Casey Brinke, for that matter.
(New Super-Man and Doom Patrol are both very good.)

#15 Star-A-Star

Star-A-Star

To me, Meowlnir!

• Citizen
  • 6245 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:17 PM

Lo, there is a God in Heaven and he hath turned his Glorious face upon the Merry Marvel Marching Society this day.

Well, Art is Art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now you tell me what you know.

Groucho Marx

#16 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

Kaze ni na HONK

• Citizen
  • 22124 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:13 PM

I'm interested if he writes crime or street-level stories since that's what he's really good at. Put him in Detective Comics where Batman actually does some honest to goodness detective work. Or hell, put him in charge of the Question.

#17 Dave Zero1

Dave Zero1
  • Citizen
  • 2234 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:13 PM

I wonder which DC hero he'll have date Kitty Pryde.

Piotr Nikolivich Rasputin

Pete Wisdom

Peter Parker (Ultimate)

Peter Quill

I guess it depends how many Peters are Running around the DCU

Edited by Dave Zero1, 07 November 2017 - 10:17 PM.

#18 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15247 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:48 PM

I really changed my opinion on him once I started reading books and stopped borrowing my opinion from the internet so much.

OK, Ultimate Spider-man is an amazing accomplishment. Like, seriously, it was pretty much the center axis of the otherwise tumultuous Ultimate Universe. You read it during Ultimatum and you would have no idea that the book's neighbor was next level poo-poo.

His transition from Alias to New Avengers was rough, wiping out much of the team in the poorly executed Avengers Disassembled, but the new team had enough new elements to warrant the "New" title and the book was one of Marvel's flagship's during some great years. Around Civil War he did one shows showing he learned the value of short format storytelling and thanks to (I imagine) some wikipedia he had come to understand the value of the characters he washed away. Hawkeye was back, and after some time away with him, he was cool! an icon of how you can't keep down a fan-favorite.

BUT is was kind of crappy that he hijacks Asgard away from JMS, and Age Of Ultron was just a weak storyline that I feel started Marvel's recent string of bad events. I haven't heard anything good about his run on GOTG, but I've been enjoying Defenders well enough, which makes sense since it's him back in his street-level roots. although the guest stars are tiring.

So who knows what he could do at DC? Hopefully editorial won't give him Carte Blanche, or perhaps he'll contribute to the very slowly moving Earth-1 project. Me? I'm fascinated - this could go either way. I'm not going to commit until I know more about his first book, but she it comes I'm going to ignore alls y'all and make up my own mind.

Woooo!

#19 Cattleprod

Cattleprod
  • Citizen
  • 2089 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:03 AM

I don't think I've read a Bendis comic since his awful Fear Itself tie-ins. They happened right around when Ultimate Peter Parker died, so that felt like a pretty good jumping off point in general. That marked the start of my Marvel reading declining to nothing.

#20 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18355 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:11 AM

I really liked New Avengers when he started that, but it felt like everything changed almost immediately after, and never really settled into any sort of status quo as new events were pretty constant.

I feel like you can't even name an Avengers roster that stayed out for longer than a cup of coffee since he started.

Ultimate Spider-Man was great.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users