Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (14 November 2019 - 07:38 AM)

There actually are a good number of clinics around here: but the walk ins require an appointment (what?) and are only done once a week. IF you can get an appointment, you see a doctor usually within 40 minutes, but good luck getting the appointment.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

Depending on the day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

We have family doctors (called "house doctors") with regular office hours where you may need an hour or two of waiting time.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 12:50 AM)

Two weeks? That seems a little long; are there not a lot of walk-in clinics around you?

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 07:01 PM)

Does germany make it quick and easy to see a doctor too? Cause an emergency doctor visit can take two weeks out here, and an emergency ROOM visit can take 18-24 hours.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:43 PM)

(Good thing is, under German law, if you call in sick during your vacation and see a doctor immediately, you get to keep your vacation days.)

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:42 PM)

Too bad. My plans wee to do two more overtime hours before having my last day of vacation for the year on Friday. Oh well.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:41 PM)

So I'm currently on medical leave for a particularly stupid reason: Burned my back with a hot-water bag while sleeping last night. Though the doctor said I'm hardly the first person to have this happen to them.

@  Patch : (13 November 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Just a particularly odious example of the 90s era of depicting transgender women as either the subject of crude humor, or "Jerry Springer" material.

@  Ashley : (13 November 2019 - 04:55 PM)

I think Ace Ventura legit contributed to me spending years in self denial. I will never be ok with Jim Carrey.

@  Benbot : (13 November 2019 - 01:22 PM)

I thought he since changed his tune.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (13 November 2019 - 12:51 PM)

Jim Carry Paladin?

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 November 2019 - 12:22 PM)

Don't doubt what he can do. Sonic the Hedgehog!

@  Paladin : (13 November 2019 - 11:51 AM)

not giving a dime to a transphobic antivaxxer.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 11:25 AM)

It'll be a terrible movie if jim carrey phones it in. Otherwise it should be decent.

@  Paladin : (13 November 2019 - 10:45 AM)

sonics' still gonna be a terrible movie but at least they whined loud enough to make him look passable for a 2-minute trailer. "yay."

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:37 AM)

But of course to annoying people there's no such thing as different decisions made for different reasons, there is only "I like it so it's right" and "I don't like it so it's wrong."

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:35 AM)

Even if we pretend it's objective truth that they were both bad, then they were bad in very different ways.

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:33 AM)

Sonic's previous movie design looked genuinely bad. The Transformers '07 designs just looked insufficiently like what certain loud and obnoxious parts of the fandom think Transformers are required to always look like.

@  Otaku : (13 November 2019 - 08:50 AM)

Um... Purple Monkey Dishwasher?

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 November 2019 - 08:25 AM)

Do we really need to have Every Movie Transformer Thread Ever in the Squawkbox?

@  Bass X0 : (13 November 2019 - 08:13 AM)

Sure it made money but that doesn’t mean it has appealing character designs. Lot of god awful fugly faces in the Transformers movies.

@  Otaku : (12 November 2019 - 08:25 PM)

@Liege My issue with Transformers (2007) were elements I thought were unnecessary.  I know it was supposed to just be a joke, but I didn't ever need to hear about "Sam's Happy Time". >.> Which, being in awe of the first "live action" TF-film, didn't even register until I'd already purchased and watched it on DVD a few times (after seeing it in theaters 3 times).

@  Liege : (12 November 2019 - 08:22 PM)

For all the Bayisms in the 07 movie, it was tempered by Spielberg as producer. Designs aside it was an enjoyable popcorn blockbuster about a boy and his first car who happens to be an alien from another planet. They sequels are just Bay going unchecked after he proved how much bank he could bring in.

@  TM2-Megatron : (12 November 2019 - 07:12 PM)

I didn't find the designs in the '07 movie to be that bad, personally. What got really offputting was how Cybertronians in general become such huge a-holes in the later films; the designs were very much secondary to their horrible personalities

@  Sabrblade : (12 November 2019 - 06:59 PM)

And yet, Transformers still broke the bank at the box office, opened up the brand to a whole new generation of fans, shot the brand up to mainstream appeal, and enabled all kinds of new collector-oriented lines and other avenues to come about. Not saying Sonic's movie will do the same for his series, but the 2007 TF movie certainly did more good than harm.

@  Bass X0 : (12 November 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Paramount changed Sonic due to fan backlash but refused to redo Transformers 2007 with new cgi appearances based on their classic forms everyone’s knows and loves, and can relate to. Trailer 1 Sonic is as appealing a design as 2007 Bumblebee...

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 November 2019 - 02:14 PM)

I don't. They're a pain in the ass to repair.

@  Benbot : (12 November 2019 - 12:48 PM)

I wish car companies would bring back flip up headlights

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 November 2019 - 09:07 AM)

Wear a hazmat suit. It's Walmart, they're used to weird.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 November 2019 - 07:54 AM)

2 inches of snow on the side of the house, 2 feet of snow on the deck. I hate this winter already.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (11 November 2019 - 11:33 PM)

But that requires actually going IN walmart. ;P

@  Liege : (11 November 2019 - 11:22 PM)

Pro tip for anyone hunting the for the Walmart 35th exclusives: try the seasonal aisles rather than the toy section. I found the display with all the exclusives and a bunch of the reflector wave practically untouched amongst those novelty arcade machines and a bunch of frozen merch.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (11 November 2019 - 09:45 PM)

Although that does spark an idea for me. In a new continuity, Censere the Necrobot could be the herald Cityspeaker for Quintessa the Necrotitan just to play on their monikers utilizing Greek for dead, nekrós.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (11 November 2019 - 09:26 PM)

I hate to burst your bubble, Maximus Ambus, but 90% of things said in IDW turned out to be amnesiac half-rememberings courtesy of Adaptus or outright lies courtesy of Shockwave.

@  Jenny : (11 November 2019 - 08:54 AM)

The toy's designed to look like Wipe-Out, anyway.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 November 2019 - 08:14 AM)

Didn't they try to retcon that into a figure of speech because that connection went against everybody else's long-term plans?

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 November 2019 - 03:53 AM)

There's still some connection given Trypticon was created by Mortilus.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 November 2019 - 12:12 AM)

Yeah that toy doesn't exactly look like Necrobot.

@  Sabrblade : (10 November 2019 - 08:24 PM)

But.... it's just "Necro" not "Necrobot".

@  TheMightyMol... : (10 November 2019 - 05:10 PM)

But why does the God of Death need a giant space kaiju? Wait, never mind, answered my own question.

@  Maximus Ambus : (10 November 2019 - 02:15 PM)

Yowza I just realised Titans Trypticon comes with Necro AKA Censere AKA Mortilus.

@  Nevermore : (10 November 2019 - 01:15 PM)

I... think the best equivalent would actually be the British "There is room for improvement".

@  Nevermore : (10 November 2019 - 01:15 PM)

There's always a sense of irony to it, but what the ratio between irony (you really failed) and straightworwardness (at least you achieved something) is depends on the situation and the speaker.

@  Nevermore : (10 November 2019 - 01:12 PM)

The meaning can be both literal (you succeed on one level but fail on another), or it can be utterly ironic (you fail in every regard but the most technical; or even worse, "you really gave your best"), and anything in between.

@  Nevermore : (10 November 2019 - 01:10 PM)

For example: A singer can hit the notes really well, but clearly isn't a native speaker and what little of the lyrics you can make out sounds nothing like what it's supposed to be.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 November 2019 - 01:06 PM)

The premise seems to be the mixing of technical and aesthetic technical qualities towards the overall success.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 November 2019 - 01:05 PM)

But both "hollow victory" and pyrrhic victory" are referring to having lost as much as you've gained. IE; a battle was won but both armies were destroyed. The town being seiged is victorious, but all the soldiers are still dead. Nevermore's concept is more "You did it, but it's so ugly we don't know if you actually succeeded".

@  Sabrblade : (10 November 2019 - 11:35 AM)

Alternately, one could probably also call it a "hollow victory".

@  Sabrblade : (10 November 2019 - 11:35 AM)

Example: In the Powerpuff Girls episode "Uh Oh Dynamo", the monster-of-the-day was a really tough, giant-size one that required the use of a really destructive mech to defeat it. While the monster was ultimately beaten, the city of Townsville was utterly trashed by the mech's weapons in the process. So, while the city was saved from the monster, it was harmed even worse by the mech that saved it, making the victory bittersweet.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Studio Series movie line - Shockwave, '07 Megs, and more - Page 118

Brawl Megatron movieformers Blackout TakaraTomy

2521 replies to this topic

#41 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39139 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:33 PM

I sure missed all of this leaked stuff.

Is Wreckage the bad guy in Bee Movie? That seems like a reveal.

We know literally nothing about it.  It's just a name and a "TRANSFORMERS (Unreadable mess)" as a placeholder.  Everything else has pictures.  But that one is specifically referred to as "Stryker 2" twice, so it's not like "second Stryker figure of the line" or anything.

Edited by Spark, 27 July 2017 - 06:34 PM.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#42 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 17728 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:37 PM

Fascinating. I don't know how many new toys of guys I already have I need, but we'll see! I've wanted a Leader Blackout as long as anybody. I kinda wish he were actually an MPM like some people guessed originally, but then an MPM shouldn't have his tail rotor as a hand weapon.

#43 Anguirus

Anguirus
  • Citizen
  • 635 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:02 AM

BLACKOUT BLACKOUT BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT FOR THE BLACKOUT GOD

(Seriously he's one of the most memorable guys in movie 1 and shows off 3-4 extremely toyetic features, none of which can you really do with any of his full sized toys)

My Transformers movie reviews: http://deadshirt.net/tag/guns-drugs-energon/

#44 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2727 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:13 AM

Would be marvelous if Blackout actually had his chest cannon for once. He's got the tail rotor on his arm, so presumably he does something like the Cyberverse toy's flip-out rotor-saw thing.

#45 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 14187 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:44 AM

I sure missed all of this leaked stuff.

Is Wreckage the bad guy in Bee Movie? That seems like a reveal.

We know literally nothing about it.  It's just a name and a "TRANSFORMERS (Unreadable mess)" as a placeholder.  Everything else has pictures.  But that one is specifically referred to as "Stryker 2" twice, so it's not like "second Stryker figure of the line" or anything.

Can't wait til it turns out it's Z, not 2

ICx8lYc.jpg

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#46 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39139 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:22 AM

Guys who haven't gotten toys since ~DotM might get new molds since Hasbro seems against using older toys for whatever reason.

They don't fit current budgets except in special cases, like store exclusives.

Well, Fortress Maximus is a retool of a toy from three lines ago.  Actually, so is PMOP come to think of it  Redecos of old toys are basically free revenue so long as they actually sell, there just isn't anything else they could put in CW or TR due to the standardized nature of the gimmicks, and PotP is just CW2: Electric Boogaloo, so expect more of the same.

I also suspect that they kinda wore out their goodwill with buyers by the shameless amount of repaints they did circa 2008-2009, which is probably why mold reuses are being pretooled now.  Kinda shot themselves in the foot by allowing buyers to special-order assortments too.  "Oh, lets just order a zillion cases of wave 1 and 2 with the Decepticon beasts removed!  We're so clever!"

I'm not sure what you're arguing here, if you are indeed arguing anything.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#47 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 10541 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:33 AM

Im just hoping the Leader Blackout replaces Cyberverse Blackout as my favorite toy of the character. Seriously, that thing is amazing.

Also hoping Jazz has forearms more substantial than two hinged panels.

#48 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 2135 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:58 AM

The new mold thing seems to come from the fact that there are no Starscream and Optimus that both look like that and are the same size so at least one has to be new.

ROTF Voyager Starscream and his repaints and HFTD Battle Blades Optimus and his repaints?

#49 Dracula

Dracula

IT'S MYSTERIOUS PARTY WITH DRACULA

• Retired Staff
  • 4718 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:04 AM

BLACKOUT BLACKOUT BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT FOR THE BLACKOUT GOD

(Seriously he's one of the most memorable guys in movie 1 and shows off 3-4 extremely toyetic features, none of which can you really do with any of his full sized toys)

The original voyager has breaks-very-easily action, which is accurate to the film.

5140629382_7d653c135f.jpg

ALL OF TREASURES

#50 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1703 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:36 PM

I'm definitely excited for a Leader Blackout, and I really hope there are Voyagers of Brawl and Bonecrusher. I love the Movie 1 Decepticons. I would really love to see them at a better range of scales compared to all the rest of the movie figures.

Really, it's pretty much the Decepticons across all the movies that I want to see more of. I'd love to see more of the Constructicons, Alice, Crowbar, Stinger, Mohawk, Dreadbot, and Onslaught. A good Leader Demolishor would be wonderful.

#51 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Off Model.

• Supporter
  • 50328 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:49 PM

Well, Fortress Maximus is a retool of a toy from three lines ago.  Actually, so is PMOP come to think of it  Redecos of old toys are basically free revenue so long as they actually sell, there just isn't anything else they could put in CW or TR due to the standardized nature of the gimmicks, and PotP is just CW2: Electric Boogaloo, so expect more of the same.

I also suspect that they kinda wore out their goodwill with buyers by the shameless amount of repaints they did circa 2008-2009, which is probably why mold reuses are being pretooled now.  Kinda shot themselves in the foot by allowing buyers to special-order assortments too.  "Oh, lets just order a zillion cases of wave 1 and 2 with the Decepticon beasts removed!  We're so clever!"

I'm not sure what you're arguing here, if you are indeed arguing anything.

Yeah, not only are those very recent molds being heavily retooled, but ... they're heavy retools. The current budget, if it differs, is built in. That's a very different thing from a mold that's 10 years old or something, and we do indeed only see those in cases where the price point is unique to the occasion, like the various "evolution" themed packs over the years and the Tribute line with its 2007 Optimus. 

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#52 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Off Model.

• Supporter
  • 50328 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:37 PM

Do retailers even notice, let alone care, that the same molds are used? Is that even on their radar? It's a new product because it says so on the box and people buy it. 

I think you're either overestimating the ease of producing these things or misreading how the costs are amortized. Later releases of a mold in the same line have, indeed, often seemed to receive more paint applications, and we know that the reason every mold gets released in at least two decos is to cover the initial investment. But a more complex figure is still more factory time. 

Edit: "Free" things tend to have opportunity costs. 

Edited by Copper Bezel, 28 July 2017 - 07:37 PM.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#53 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 26941 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:07 PM

If they can get away with repaints and reissues, they will, because again, they can sell an old Deluxe wholesale for ten bucks after manufacturing it for a dollar, it's literally free money.

No, if those are the actual numbers (which I rather strongly suspect they are not) then it's money that cost a dollar.

#54 MaxVer

MaxVer
  • Citizen
  • 110 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:19 PM

If this new line is indeed composed of new molds, I hope to see new molds of the Constructicons and that can actually combine! (Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall only the Legends version can combine)I mean, its a long shot, but a man can dream, right?

#55 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 17728 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:16 PM

Copper already said it. More parts is more labor for more assembly. More parts is also generally more weight for shipping. Labor and shipping are where costs have skyrocketed. The tooling being made is great but doesn't really matter.

#56 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11326 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:45 AM

Aren't licensing fees for the movie's real-world alt-modes also a factor? I recall that being mentioned somewhere as one of the reasons why non-Bumblebee/Optimus movie molds rarely get reused.

#57 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 22899 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 22 October 2017 - 06:20 AM

Blurry images but it's something I guess.

Oohx78s.jpg

PCddc5X.jpg

OAoBKXS.jpg

Edited by Copper Bezel, 27 October 2017 - 07:21 AM.

#58 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Staff
  • 9621 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 22 October 2017 - 06:42 AM

Oh, right, these were in the Forbidden Leak. Wave 2 of what seemed to be Voyagers.

EDIT: I feel like this will become The Thread for this line, so here's what we know from the leak:

DELUXE
Wave 1
- TF6 "Stryker 2"
- TF4 Stinger
- TF1 Ratchet
- TF3 Crowbar
Wave 2
- TF1 Jazz
- TF4 Lockdown
(The leak was almost certainly missing a slide with extra waves)

VOYAGER
Wave 1
- TF1 Starscream
- TF2 Optimus Prime
Wave 2
- TF2 Megatron
- TF1 Brawl
Wave 3
- TF1 Ironhide
Wave 4
- TF2 Starscream

LEADER
- TF4 Grimlock
- TF1 Blackout

Edited by Jalaguy, 22 October 2017 - 06:44 AM.

#59 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 28972 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 22 October 2017 - 06:56 AM

I'm still pretty satisfied with the first movie's Leader Brawl mold, so this new one will have to be pretty darn impressive to get me to want it.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#60 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 22899 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 22 October 2017 - 07:13 AM

VOYAGER

- TF2 Optimus Prime

- TF2 Megatron

Well that's a little disappointing. With how much the Leader class has shrunk, Leader megatron with Voyager Optimus could look almost right.

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 22 October 2017 - 07:13 AM.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Brawl, Megatron, movieformers, Blackout, TakaraTomy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users