Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  MEDdMI : (19 April 2019 - 09:21 PM)

oof, yikes. Good luck.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 April 2019 - 09:18 PM)

We're in the middle of a kitchen reno and NOTHING will be done until tuesday. I could beat a four day weekend with a hammer right now if it meant I could use my stove again.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 April 2019 - 06:47 PM)

Can't beat 4 day weekends either.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 April 2019 - 06:47 PM)

I prefer later shifts myself, but my 3 day weekend shift isn't bad. Nice to work without those administration busy bodies poking around.

@  Nevermore : (19 April 2019 - 04:12 AM)

Yeah, traffic is a plus as well. Rarely got any trouble getting to work on late shift (even with the neverending construction site on the highway), and when my shift is over, there's hardly any traffic at all anymore.

@  MEDdMI : (18 April 2019 - 06:27 PM)

while I don't have weekends consistently off, working 2nd shift isn't so bad. I'm more likely to do stuff before work than after (when I'm already tired). Plus no rush hour traffic

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 April 2019 - 05:03 PM)

Switching shifts constantly is never good for one's health. There was a time when I worked overnights steady for about 2 years; did wonders for my health, as well

@  Nevermore : (18 April 2019 - 04:36 PM)

Don't miss early shift (and especially switching back and forth every two weeks) a bit.

@  Nevermore : (18 April 2019 - 04:36 PM)

Man, permanent late shift really has done wonders for my overal well-being. Never having to get up early for work, staying up late, weekends off... a ot of my coworkers think I'm crazy, but late shift is really my preferred shift.

@  Nevermore : (18 April 2019 - 04:33 PM)

(My total lack of sleep on that day might have contributed, though.)

At noon, it was warm.

On Monday, we went on strike early in the morning, I was also wearing to jackets and gloves and my toes and fingers were freezing.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 April 2019 - 04:31 PM)

Nope, right now my days are doing that. Frigid at night (Well, just below zero, but still.) and warm enough to be always be ill prepared during the day.

@  Nevermore : (18 April 2019 - 04:28 PM)

Today it's so warm I had to take a shower to wash off the sweat after a lengthy bike trip.

@  Nevermore : (18 April 2019 - 04:27 PM)

This past Friday I was wearing two jackets and winter gloves outside and took a hot bath when I returned home.

@  Nevermore : (18 April 2019 - 04:27 PM)

Is "April weather" an issue in other countries as well, or is that specifically a German phenomenon?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (16 April 2019 - 11:04 AM)

Well, when you understand the history of the area it make sense. It's basically a series of countries buying the place, moving in, saying "we rule you people now", and the locals shrugging and responding, "okay, you have fun with that".

@  Sabrblade : (16 April 2019 - 07:58 AM)

When did we all turn into Henry Higgins?

@  unluckiness : (16 April 2019 - 03:16 AM)

To be fair, most Americans can't get the hang of English, so I can understand why.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (16 April 2019 - 03:15 AM)

(And yeah, Calliope is a Greek muse, not French, but the street was named BY the French when they took over.)

@  PlutoniumBoss : (16 April 2019 - 03:10 AM)

In New Orleans there's a bunch of streets with French names that are pronounced by locals with a more English emphasis, for example "Calliope Street" is pronounced "CAL-lee-ope".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (15 April 2019 - 11:56 PM)

I figured as much for Canadians.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 April 2019 - 11:37 PM)

hm; whenever I've heard people talk about the school they said it the same way as the cathedral...but I guess that's in Canada, so they're probably more familiar with the cathedral than the school

@  Dracula : (15 April 2019 - 11:11 PM)

There's plenty of place names in the US like that. Around here we have an "el doh-RAY-doh," and up north there's a Cairo that's pronounced "kay-roh"

@  RichardT1977 : (15 April 2019 - 09:56 PM)

Yeah, the common pronunciation of the University is probably the reason most Americans don't pronounce the Cathedral name correctly.

@  Arazyr : (15 April 2019 - 08:03 PM)

That's my understanding of how the two are supposed to be pronounced as well.

@  Echowarrior : (15 April 2019 - 07:42 PM)

When I'm talking about the cathedral, I say "noh-treh dahme". When I talk about the university, I say "noh-ter dayme". I don't see a problem with that.

@  Paladin : (15 April 2019 - 06:26 PM)

guessing "Hunchback" just got bumped WAY down the list for Disney's live-action remakes...

@  Patch : (15 April 2019 - 05:56 PM)

We all pronounce it wrong, so no one knows enough to care.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 April 2019 - 05:40 PM)

It'd be odd for most Americans not to know how to pronounce Notre Dame, considering they have a University with the same name that's the subject of a relatively popular film based around a sport most Americans love

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (15 April 2019 - 04:22 PM)

Three or four more hours will be needed to contain the fire.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (15 April 2019 - 04:22 PM)

Update from France 24: the Paris Fire Brigade says two towers and the main structure of the cathedral have been saved from complete destruction.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (15 April 2019 - 03:57 PM)

One does not have to speak French to know that rhyming with "voter name" is off the mark.

@  Locoman : (15 April 2019 - 03:51 PM)

Really? It's an international tragedy and you're zeroing in on the people who maybe don't speak French?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (15 April 2019 - 03:44 PM)

@Tm_Silverclaw I just read on BBC News that the cause is not yet clear, but officials suspect the fire could be linked to renovation work.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (15 April 2019 - 03:42 PM)

Oh boy, here we go with the U.S.-American newscasters who can't pronounce "Notre Dame" correctly.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 April 2019 - 03:38 PM)

Too soon to say.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (15 April 2019 - 03:20 PM)

Do we know if it was an attack? Arson? Or just bad wiring?

@  Nevermore : (15 April 2019 - 02:10 PM)

Religion is dead?

@  Paladin : (15 April 2019 - 02:01 PM)

major cathedral burning down on Holy Week is some kind of metaphor.

@  Benbot : (15 April 2019 - 12:54 PM)

Hard to believe a wonder of the world could just be wiped out so easily. Hopefully they can still save it

@  Benbot : (15 April 2019 - 12:51 PM)

Well, Notre Dame is burning down

@  Benbot : (15 April 2019 - 10:05 AM)

yikes I thought the site was going to be down for a while

@  Nevermore : (14 April 2019 - 09:07 PM)

So, time for another strike. No sleep for me tonight. Oh well.

@  Nevermore : (14 April 2019 - 09:04 PM)

Think Game of Thrones "light" meets Cabaret and you get the idea.

@  Nevermore : (14 April 2019 - 09:03 PM)

Kinda sorta, just with more intrigue, conspiracy, depravity, crime and violence.

@  RichardT1977 : (14 April 2019 - 06:37 PM)

So it's like a prequel to Cabaret?

@  Nevermore : (14 April 2019 - 04:02 PM)

And man, characters are smoking literally EVERYWHERE.

@  Nevermore : (14 April 2019 - 03:27 PM)

Also, full frontal male nudity. (There's been quite a bit of female nudity since episode 1.)

@  Nevermore : (14 April 2019 - 03:26 PM)

Episode 6, and Hitler is randomly name-checked.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Studio Series movie line - Hightower, copter Drift & more, pg. 95

Brawl Megatron movieformers Blackout TakaraTomy

2179 replies to this topic

#21 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11032 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:14 PM

The idea of whole new deluxe Jazz intrigues me.  The original wasn't great even by 2007 standards, and I'm really interested what more current design teams would do with the character design.

I just hope they keep/update Deluxe Jazz's cool arm transformation.

#22 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2469 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:20 PM

Huh. Bonecrusher is, like, the one '07 Con i don't feel needs replacing. I mean, i can see how he'd be improved, but compared to gunhands Screamer, huge backpacking Blackout, and loose arms Brawl, old Bonesy got everything right the first time.

#23 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 14017 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:22 PM

I was under the impression that this would be a mostly-reissues line with a few new molds. The Deluxes and Leaders seemed to mostly line up with earlier releases.

Hopefully they do take the opportunity to get some necessary reissues out, and perhaps debut some Takara tooling in the US for guys like Dino and Dispenser.

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#24 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 38395 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:59 PM

I was under the impression that this would be a mostly-reissues line with a few new molds. The Deluxes and Leaders seemed to mostly line up with earlier releases.

Hopefully they do take the opportunity to get some necessary reissues out, and perhaps debut some Takara tooling in the US for guys like Dino and Dispenser.

We don't really know what it is, exactly.  The Grimlock and Blackout molds are new, but everything else looks like it's either a reissue or just a placeholder.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#25 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 2114 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:55 PM

Yeah, I don't get the assumption that most/all of these are going to be new molds. That seems...not really possible under the current financial model of how they do things. I'd assume a couple token new molds (Blackout and Grimlock) and I'd pegged everyone else as being a retool or redeco. I do like that with Stinger and Crowbar listed there, there seems to be an active effort to finish off each line, though.

#26 The Magic Man

The Magic Man
  • Citizen
  • 1683 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:03 PM

The new mold thing seems to come from the fact that there are no Starscream and Optimus that both look like that and are the same size so at least one has to be new.

#27 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 38395 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:11 PM

Much like the Power of the Primes stuff, I think a chunk of these are placeholder images.

#28 The Magic Man

The Magic Man
  • Citizen
  • 1683 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:13 PM

Much like the Power of the Primes stuff, I think a chunk of these are placeholder images.

I have to go through the images when I get home, but the optimus looked like an actual toy and unlike previous versions

#29 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2469 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:23 PM

Crowbar at least is probably just going to be Berserker with a new head... which maybe might be why they went with him over someone like Mohawk or whoever in the first place? (well, with the deluxe at least)

Guys who haven't gotten toys since ~DotM might get new molds since Hasbro seems against using older toys for whatever reason.

Edited by Noideaforaname, 27 July 2017 - 02:25 PM.

#30 The Phazer

The Phazer

Pipes LIVES.

• Citizen
  • 12379 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:34 PM

I don't have any interest in movie toys. But in terms of repaints that might be usable as non-movie toys, a Western release of the black repaint of DOTM deluxe Soundwave would be nice (ideally with a gun and losing the daft Decepticon tampo), and maybe Cogman in a more interesting colour scheme with any contrast whatsoever.

Edited by The Phazer, 27 July 2017 - 09:38 PM.

#31 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 14017 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:36 PM

Yeah, I don't get the assumption that most/all of these are going to be new molds. That seems...not really possible under the current financial model of how they do things. I'd assume a couple token new molds (Blackout and Grimlock) and I'd pegged everyone else as being a retool or redeco. I do like that with Stinger and Crowbar listed there, there seems to be an active effort to finish off each line, though.

My guess was that Stinger could be the same as the Takara one, and Crowbar seems to have Crankcase's SUV altmode in the photo, although sure, placeholder possible.

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#32 Gizmoboy

Gizmoboy

I live to serve

• Administrator
  • 9979 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:58 PM

I have the the Takara Stringer and I really do love him.  I know he's just a recolor of Bumblebee, but the colors work so well on him.  That being said, I'm in full support of a more accurate Stinger mold.

I am most looking forward to Blackout though.  He's probably my favorite movie design and really just needed to be bigger.

#33 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 14017 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:07 PM

I'm happy for those who like Blackout but I've no need for him. A proper Pagani Stinger, though, would be super cool.

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#34 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 38395 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:12 PM

Guys who haven't gotten toys since ~DotM might get new molds since Hasbro seems against using older toys for whatever reason.

They don't fit current budgets except in special cases, like store exclusives.

#35 The Magic Man

The Magic Man
  • Citizen
  • 1683 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:31 PM

Movie 1 guys who haven't gotten (full sized) toys since rotf is just: Brawl, Bonecrusher, Blackout and Jazz.

Actually, did Frenzy get one? Was there a Frenzy with the DOTM Barricade?

#36 Dracula

Dracula

IT'S MYSTERIOUS PARTY WITH DRACULA

• Retired Staff
  • 4616 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:35 PM

Movie 1 guys who haven't gotten (full sized) toys since rotf is just: Brawl, Bonecrusher, Blackout and Jazz.

Actually, did Frenzy get one? Was there a Frenzy with the DOTM Barricade?

And leader Brawl is still a great figure.

It looks like the HA Frenzy figure was reissued in 2015 as part of an Asia Premium 2-pack with Soundwave, but I don't know if it was any different than the first release of the same figure.

5140629382_7d653c135f.jpg

ALL OF TREASURES

#37 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 3844 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:41 PM

Is there a link to the list somewhere? I can't find it.

#38 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 38395 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:56 PM

Is there a link to the list somewhere? I can't find it.

All the links are gone, but it's this:

Deluxes:

Wave 1

TF6 Stryker 2 (for reference, Stryker 1 is technically 2007 Wreckage if they've still got some preproduction names floating around)

TF4 Stinger

TF1 Ratchet

TF3 Crowbar

Wave 2

TF1 Jazz

TF4 Lockdown

TF6 Stryker 2

TF4 Stinger

??? (Voyager?  No name on slides.)

Wave 1

TF1 Starscream

TF2 Optimus

Wave 2

TF2 Megatron

TF2 Brawl

Wave 3

TF1 Ironhide

Wave 4

TF2 Starscream

Leader: (No name visible, but actual toy pictures speak for themselves)

Wave 1

TF4 Grimlock

Wave 2

TF1 Blackout

#39 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The New Year brings New Powers!

• Staff
  • 12570 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:49 PM

This sounds siitably intriguing. There's certainly a few bots there that, should they be new molds, or simply new releases of japan only figures, i definitely would want them.

A new Jazz? Sure. New version of Stinger or simply the evil Bee Takara deco? Yes. Leadfoot? Definitely.

Blockout sounds interesting, but i'm not sure. He's a maybe for now.

fslookup.jpg

#40 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 16946 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:22 PM

I sure missed all of this leaked stuff.

Is Wreckage the bad guy in Bee Movie? That seems like a reveal.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Brawl, Megatron, movieformers, Blackout, TakaraTomy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users