Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 October 2020 - 01:52 PM)

50/60's Twilight Zone, the 80's, millennium and recent ones also, all are in The Twilight Zone.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 October 2020 - 08:03 AM)

Twilight zone. Duh.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 October 2020 - 07:52 AM)

Um.... what did I log in on...

@  Paladin : (28 October 2020 - 06:17 AM)

have they actually gotten worse than the one where Homer gets paralyzed by a spider and has to learn to communicate through his farts?

@  unluckiness : (28 October 2020 - 05:53 AM)

It's only fitting that SImpsons have halloween specials since it's been a shambling corpse of its former self since its teens.

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 October 2020 - 04:12 AM)

No I caught one of the latest one with parodies of Stranger Things which admittedly is horror series but Heaven Can Wait and The Shape of Water are Fantasy films. Plus implications of the characters being sociopaths or twisted has become a norm these days.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 October 2020 - 02:58 AM)

Which probably adds to the "reasons they should just stop making more of The Simpsons" pile.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 October 2020 - 02:58 AM)

You make it sound like The Simpsons becoming less repetitive is a bad thing.

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 October 2020 - 02:48 AM)

Remember when Simpsons Halloween specials parodied horror movies and would have the characters make off out of character remarks like "we chucked donuts at a old man for kicks."? they don't and can't do that any more.

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 October 2020 - 08:00 PM)

Tired of the same old Halloween stuff? Check out Tubi. The depths of the schlock available is astounding.

@  Donocropolis : (27 October 2020 - 11:51 AM)

Not sure if it's news or not, but I'm at Ross right now and they have Masterpiece Movie Ironhide for $24.99

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 October 2020 - 12:45 AM)

Final Fantasy 7 Remake’s Best Buy exclusive deluxe version is available for $10 as one of today’s daily deals

@  PlutoniumBoss : (26 October 2020 - 08:50 PM)

We can play the "Is it a real headline or an Onion headline" game.

@  Steevy Maximus : (26 October 2020 - 08:22 PM)

It's weird to see how much of Larry Hama's "satire" from the old GI Joe comic has no longer become satire in the past few years.

@  Maximus Ambus : (26 October 2020 - 11:29 AM)

Funny how 2020 gave me new appreciation for Dawn of the Dead 1978.

@  Sukoshiko : (25 October 2020 - 07:43 PM)

@Fenix Twilight Sure. Just not a good one.

@  Fenix Twilight : (25 October 2020 - 04:02 PM)

@Sukoshiko Well his clothes left an impression on you didn't they?

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 October 2020 - 06:09 AM)

I just read "Tesla Cybertruck" like AC/DC's "Thunderstruck", now it won't get out of my head, so I inflict it on all of you as well.

@  Sukoshiko : (25 October 2020 - 12:25 AM)

Tesla Cybertruck: amazing or just silly looking? I can't decide.

@  Sukoshiko : (25 October 2020 - 12:24 AM)

Weird question: I had to deal with a guy today... I'm not exactly up on modern fashions... or even archaic fashions... But this guy... Tuxedo Jacket and shirt, studs in all the button holes except the bottom one, blue jeans, and cowboy boots... Take a moment to imagine that get up. And this was to a business meeting, trying to impress someone. What look is that? Who on earth would dress that way? (I mean on purpose)

@  wonko the sane? : (24 October 2020 - 06:04 PM)

I think the few up here were lost to bad placement, poor weather, and the usual language trap.

@  TM2-Megatron : (24 October 2020 - 04:25 PM)

There are 5 spread around southwestern Ontario, all run by the same company. I've only been to the one in my area, but it seems to do good business even in non-pandemic times. On long weekends, when they do triple features, there's a normally a lineup to get in Friday and Saturday nights

@  Telly : (24 October 2020 - 01:51 PM)

there been one outside of my town for as long as ive been alive at least. its gone through its share of owners and periods of being closed down, but its been open for the past decade at least

@  Otaku : (24 October 2020 - 12:08 PM)

Bias from personal experience, but drive-in theaters are nearly extinct.  I grew up near one but it went out of business in the late 80s, and was torn down and replaced with some other business by the early 90s.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 October 2020 - 07:47 AM)

Out here, I mean. Couldn't comment on their popularity in place where they actually exist.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 October 2020 - 06:44 AM)

I wouldn't know. They've only come back into vogue with the social distancing from the plague, and while some places have made an effort to shoestring the places together, it's all largely too distant to be accessible.

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 October 2020 - 09:46 PM)

I'd hate to see ours replaced by condos. They're a great way to spend an evening, whether with family or on a date. And they've never been as common in Canada as the US, so we cna't afford to lose as many

@  wonko the sane? : (23 October 2020 - 09:45 PM)

Largely they were either poorly placed or bought out and torn down to be replaced by something other than over priced short term parking. Mostly condos.

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 October 2020 - 09:14 PM)

I guess your winters are worse, so they have a shorter operating season. Drive-ins in the Toronto area can usually operate until early or mid-December; maybe even into early January if there's no real snowfall, and open up again sometime in March.

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 October 2020 - 09:13 PM)

THere's really only 1 left in the entire province?

@  wonko the sane? : (23 October 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Ha! It's probably faster for me to drive to your drive in than to make my way to the only one left in quebec.

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 October 2020 - 06:57 PM)

Fortunately we still have a drive-in theatre that's exempt from the closures about a 10 minute drive away

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 October 2020 - 06:57 PM)

Theatres around here are closed again for at least another couple weeks (wouldn't be surprised if it's extended by another month or so, either), but that's what they've been doing here as well. Playing the old classics

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 October 2020 - 02:36 PM)

I got Earthrise Megatron, he's better then I thought he'd be though Netflix Megatron is still tops.

@  Bass X0 : (23 October 2020 - 10:44 AM)

The original Rocky movie is also showing. May go next weekend. That’s how you get people back in the theatres - show the old classics every adult loves.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 October 2020 - 10:35 AM)

They did a limited run showing of it up here too, back when the theaters were open... red zones suck.

@  Bass X0 : (23 October 2020 - 10:13 AM)

The original Back To The Future is showing in the Odeon in the UK now. I think I will go see it tomorrow.

@  Donocropolis : (23 October 2020 - 05:51 AM)

It was either the Bumblebee or Cliffjumper. Can't remember the colors.

@  Kalidor : (22 October 2020 - 06:43 PM)

What did it look like?

@  Donocropolis : (22 October 2020 - 01:34 PM)

I swear I remember getting the Happymeal G1 minibot as a child, but I live 2.5 hours from St. Louis, which is the only place they apparently came out. It's possible that I got it on a family vacation, though, as we went to Six Flags pretty often.

@  ▲ndrusi : (22 October 2020 - 01:07 PM)

Conversely, I had the Gobot helicopter from Wendy's and I was absolutely convinced it was an actual Transformer.

@  Donocropolis : (22 October 2020 - 08:13 AM)

I used to rubber-band Hot-Wheels style construction vehicles together and pretend it was Devestator.

@  Bass X0 : (21 October 2020 - 05:26 PM)

When I was about four years old, my parents bought me Bugbite and tried to tell me it was Bumblebee. I was not yet a fan of Transformers, but I knew that wasn't Bumblebee. I didn't even have the real Bumblebee at that time.

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 October 2020 - 01:39 PM)

It would come with two soundtracks: the eighties classic and one featuring dubstep and the VAs are popular Youtubers.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 October 2020 - 12:13 PM)

But yeah, reading it: I came off as a bit of an ass.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 October 2020 - 11:52 AM)

I just couldn't think of worse music than disco...

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 October 2020 - 11:35 AM)

What were you trying to imply with the mocking sarcasm, though? Nobody suggested that '80s music was any more "of it's time" than '70s music.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 October 2020 - 11:18 AM)

I said that disco wouldn't fare much better with the same context: media is property of it's time; biases, culture and limitations are all inherent in that. Some stuff can be brought forward because of an inherently timeless nature or the simplicity with which it was made but lots of media is a time capsule of the period of when it was made.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 October 2020 - 08:46 AM)

I'm not sure what you're trying to imply, or what you even think I said.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 October 2020 - 08:11 AM)

Yeah, cause disco would make the transition so much better...

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Studio Series 1986 line - Wave 1 Available for Pre-order Now!

Brawl Megatron movieformers Blackout TakaraTomy

3677 replies to this topic

#441 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 14575 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 20 February 2018 - 05:13 AM

Given today's budgets, that's almost a given.

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#442 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Citizen
  • 9628 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:30 AM

Unrelated but hilarious: the cover names for Bee Movie toys appear to be Seinfeld characters.

It's Cyberverse that has Seinfeld names, Bee Movie has racehorses or something.

#443 Nevermore

Nevermore

Unionized and proud of it.

• Supporter
  • 13654 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:36 AM

Unrelated but hilarious: the cover names for Bee Movie toys appear to be Seinfeld characters.

It's Cyberverse that has Seinfeld names, Bee Movie has racehorses or something.

Australian race horses are Studio Series, though there might be an overlap with the Bumblebee Movie toys.
aR2oX8u.jpg
Big thanks to my dad for playing along with this visual recreation.

#444 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 68049 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:24 AM

NOTRAB has some nice photos of the Studio Series figures:  https://m.weibo.cn/u...=0&retcode=6102

post-905-0-47176600-1519132986.jpg

I am very tempted by Starscream, Blackout, and Grimlock.  Even Lockdown has peaked my interest.

Attached Thumbnails

• 4559020cly1foksh53xw8j21y91gp1kx.jpg

ACItEK8.png

#445 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40686 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:27 AM

Typing peeked instead of piqued is why the universe punishes you with extra left hands, Randy.

#446 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

Creator of all things Transformers

• Citizen
  • 5520 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:36 AM

He meant it literally. The others just made him smile and nod but when he saw Lockdown he did that looney tunes thing where his eyes jump out of his face.

#447 Chip

Chip

Machine Saurer, my strength / Only you can understand my heart.

• Citizen
  • 8242 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:43 AM

Brawl: to an even greater extent than MPM Ironhide this toy is a reminder that sometimes the cool proportions and details we associate with a movie character is not present on the cgi design at all and is instead from the several toys we've been looking at for a decade.

Yeah, this. I hope these output-from-ILM sculpts hold up as well as the created-for-toy ones. I know that there are some 07 toy designs I like a lot more than the actual movie character designs, but so far everything n Studio Series looks at least good.

I like Megatron, but I'll have to see how that gray plastic looks in person. It would be great to see him in the ROTF voyager's color scheme, but I don't think many people loved it as much as I did; and I ended up selling mine because the mold had weird arms.

#448 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 13719 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:47 AM

so if the first wave is due to hit stores in April, how much time do we think there will be between waves?

I remember one Hasbro rep reporting that Studio Series essentially IS the Bumblebee Movie toyline. Are they really gonna stretch this thing out all the way to December?

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#449 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Inside of every demon is a rainbow!

• Supporter
  • 52012 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:48 AM

They really gave no impression they intend to end Studio Series until it stops selling or they run out of characters.

Bee Movie's only collector toys are going to be in this or MPM, yes.

He meant it literally. The others just made him smile and nod but when he saw Lockdown he did that looney tunes thing where his eyes jump out of his face.

I've heard people who actually think this is why they use the word, having never learned that "pique" is a word, too, and having been normalized to the idea of "peaking interest" by repetition of the misheard phrase. 

Don't give them more amunition. = P

Edited by Copper Bezel, 20 February 2018 - 08:49 AM.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#450 CORVUS

CORVUS

Holy crap!

• Supporter
  • 33829 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:56 AM

Is it wrong that I want to buy studio series Brawl and repaint him into Tankor?

"Whoa, it's been upgraded to stank. Just last week it was only stink. Stonk can't be far away." - Strong Bad

#451 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

I've gotta make the world know my name...

• Citizen
  • 3919 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:24 PM

Just got STINGER and Bumblebee in the mail from HTS about 5 mins ago...haven't opened 'em yet...but DAMN they pretty!

_+-=-+DAEMON IMMORTALIS+-=-+_

I see behind a thousand lies that you try to hide

I bleed inside: you left your knife but I'm still alive
I...love the way you kill me
I love the way you watch me die

Life or death a bullet to the chest
I'd do it again...
Just when I think I've cut you out
You come with open arms to drag me down

#452 Unit Eleven

Unit Eleven

y'all'dn't've

• Citizen
  • 1077 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:54 PM

Where's that "MIGHTY NEED" gif when you need it?

On rare occasions, I have something to say.

#453 Dr Syn

Dr Syn

C-Cobra Commander Senpai...

• Citizen
  • 2927 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 05:18 PM

Just got STINGER and Bumblebee in the mail from HTS about 5 mins ago...haven't opened 'em yet...but DAMN they pretty!

No excuses, OPEN AND POST PICS... pretty please  ;)

Is it wrong that I want to buy studio series Brawl and repaint him into Tankor?

I hope they do some stuff like repaint Voyager Brawl into that  Desert tan version 

Photobucket blows chunks

#454 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 18911 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:55 PM

Stinger is one of the strangest Deluxes I've ever played with. His transformation is just swivels on top of swivels with additional swivels.

#455 unluckiness

unluckiness

The wonder of amazement

• Citizen
  • 20593 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:07 PM

So like the average 3P toy then. Except not on a blockman

Edited by unluckiness, 20 February 2018 - 09:08 PM.

XgxCpmP.png

#456 CORVUS

CORVUS

Holy crap!

• Supporter
  • 33829 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:00 AM

Video reviewer baltmatrix received his Studio series Bumblebee, and it's hips and ankles were so loose and floppy, that he totally lost his shit.

Also, looks like his copy was missing some pins in the roof as well.
"Whoa, it's been upgraded to stank. Just last week it was only stink. Stonk can't be far away." - Strong Bad

#457 Classic Sideways

Classic Sideways

Unicronian Agent

• Citizen
  • 5858 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:13 AM

I find it hard to take Baltmatrix reviews too seriously, since usually theyre so slipshod I chalk most of his frustrations to user error. His MPM Barricade review was the final straw for excising him from my YouTube algorithm when he completely missed a step on transformation of the shoulders. He proceeded to complain about the look only to include on-screen text annotating that he missed a step and it looked much better properly transformed. Whats the point of even releasing a review in the step when it becomes contradicted within itself.

#458 M Virion

M Virion

Absurd Behavior

• Retired Staff
  • 19405 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:26 AM

Video reviewer baltmatrix received his Studio series Bumblebee, and it's hips and ankles were so loose and floppy, that he totally lost his shit.

Also, looks like his copy was missing some pins in the roof as well.

Apparently they removed the pin in the roof because it was causing stress breaks. Or at least I heard that on another site.

Edited by Ms Virion, 21 February 2018 - 01:27 AM.

#459 SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster
  • Citizen
  • 690 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:42 AM

Studio Series Thundercracker has me excited for one super-niche reason. and that reason is the lack of a Cloud Thundercracker to go with Tankscream and Hellwarp. I can now finish my "Trio of Seekers That Don't Match"

#460 CORVUS

CORVUS

Holy crap!

• Supporter
  • 33829 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:13 AM

I find it hard to take Baltmatrix reviews too seriously, since usually theyre so slipshod I chalk most of his frustrations to user error. His MPM Barricade review was the final straw for excising him from my YouTube algorithm when he completely missed a step on transformation of the shoulders. He proceeded to complain about the look only to include on-screen text annotating that he missed a step and it looked much better properly transformed. Whats the point of even releasing a review in the step when it becomes contradicted within itself.

I don't frequent his reviews for the very reasons you cited. In this case the hips were visibly floppy.

Now me, I'd have futured those things immediately, rather than dealing with loose hips during the review.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Brawl, Megatron, movieformers, Blackout, TakaraTomy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users