Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Otaku : (19 May 2018 - 02:17 PM)

@TM2-Megatron Yeah, it is like @TheMightyMollusk says. The catch is that usually means they can contain beef, and I confirmed it by pushing my luck. XD So... yeah, if going to the theater was about watching the film, it might be worth potentially resting on the balls of my feet while technically sitting in the chair, but put it all together... and I just wait to watch it at home. Oh, and ticket prices, always ticket prices.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2018 - 10:24 AM)

woot woot! Korean barbeque for dinner!

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 May 2018 - 05:51 AM)

It's meat scraps. Whatever's left over from cutting up the more choice cuts.

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 May 2018 - 11:26 PM)

Well, the hot dogs Cineplex has (pretty much our only big theatre chain) around here are quite good, but I have no idea of the composition, and honestly, it's probably better that way.

@  Otaku : (18 May 2018 - 10:01 PM)

@TM2-Megatron In my case, shouldn't risk the hot dogs, either. Maybe if they are guaranteed to contain NO beef (can't digest it anymore >_<).

@  Waspinator : (18 May 2018 - 08:12 PM)

Semper ubi sub ubi

@  Nevermore : (18 May 2018 - 01:18 PM)

Then classmate, I mean.

@  Nevermore : (18 May 2018 - 01:18 PM)

A classmate of mine once did one: Asked for the English term for [underpants], he replied "underground trousers".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (18 May 2018 - 10:10 AM)

Urkomisch!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (18 May 2018 - 10:10 AM)

@Nevermore First time I have ever heard of this, but it sounds awesome!

@  Arazyr : (18 May 2018 - 08:39 AM)

We did that amongst ourselves in German class in college. We just called it "Germish", though.

@  Shrug : (18 May 2018 - 07:01 AM)

Nevermore, you've peaked my interest and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter

@  Nevermore : (18 May 2018 - 04:04 AM)

The term itself is an example: "English for Runaways" is supposed to mean "English for advanced speakers".

@  Nevermore : (18 May 2018 - 04:03 AM)

Think of it as the German variety of Engrish, only done completely on purpose for maximum hilarity. The target audience are bilingual German native speakers who a) understand the intended meaning and b) realize the absurdness of the end result.

@  Nevermore : (18 May 2018 - 04:02 AM)

It's basically the official unofficial term for deliberate mistranslations between German and English, done for the lulz.

@  Nevermore : (18 May 2018 - 04:01 AM)

Has anyone ever heard of the term "English for Runaways"?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 May 2018 - 01:13 AM)

Okay... Seriously.. The Mystic Knights need a DVD release already.. I keep seeing them pop up in the most random of places.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (18 May 2018 - 01:03 AM)

Unfortunately no Squidkids at Sea World so no splat zones. Now that would have been a good brand deal to advertise in the park, and would have made more brand sense than friggin' Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog.

@  Paladin : (17 May 2018 - 07:52 PM)

i think that's where the orcas jump & land on the trainers in protest to their horrible treatment

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 May 2018 - 06:53 PM)

Splat zones? ;)

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 May 2018 - 05:05 PM)

It was wet from gallons of salt water. Splash zones, man.

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 May 2018 - 04:46 PM)

Only if you're classy.

@  Paladin : (17 May 2018 - 04:42 PM)

do you serve orca meat with butter?

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 May 2018 - 03:57 PM)

I hope it was wet from butter

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 May 2018 - 01:06 AM)

I used to work at Sea World in Florida, in the stroller rental warehouse, where we would regularly have to hose wet popcorn out of strollers. Popcorn hasn't really appealed to me since.

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 May 2018 - 07:36 PM)

Mine got the HP Pavilion Gaming 15" Green light laptop...and I can't find anything about it except the press release and HP's own website options.

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 May 2018 - 07:35 PM)

Always bemusing to find a new laptop series at Walmart and then can't find ANYTHING online about it except for the press releases

@  Paladin : (16 May 2018 - 06:52 PM)

still sounds preferable to "The Hobbit."

@  wonko the sane? : (16 May 2018 - 06:15 PM)

I once farted so rank the guy behind me walked out of the lord of rings movie. Told my brother someone needed to sew my ass shut on his way out.

@  TM2-Megatron : (16 May 2018 - 06:15 PM)

If I couldn't eat popcorn, I have to admit that would remove part of the appeal for my going, as well. Although the theatre chain up here still has decent hot dogs, I guess

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 May 2018 - 06:12 PM)

Yeah.. Stomach issues is one of the big medical reasons for me as well.

@  Otaku : (16 May 2018 - 05:55 PM)

I rarely go to movie theaters anymore: besides being too fat to sit comfortably in the seats, I have digestive health issues. No popcorn at all. >_<

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 May 2018 - 05:26 PM)

Medical reasons.

@  Telly : (16 May 2018 - 12:49 PM)

why?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (15 May 2018 - 04:37 PM)

I can't even go the theater anymore really.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 May 2018 - 03:29 PM)

Personally, I like the short wait. As much as I still enjoy going to the theatre, I also like getting movies at home as soon as possible

@  Bass X0 : (15 May 2018 - 03:12 PM)

Just found out John Mahoney (Martin Crane in Frasier) died earlier this year. That's sad.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 May 2018 - 02:59 PM)

I don't think I'm ever going to get used to the turn around time on new movies making it to home formats.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 May 2018 - 02:37 PM)

Only for Steelbooks and whatnot, anyway

@  Telly : (15 May 2018 - 02:23 PM)

picked up black panther on bluray. walmart had little signs next to the price sticker saying theyre actually limiting copies of it to 2 per customer. ive never seen that on a movie before

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 May 2018 - 03:34 PM)

And I get to keep the vehicle with its 43,130 miles!

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 May 2018 - 03:34 PM)

Cha-CHING! My "total loss" PT Cruiser (with some hail damage from last year with a $4200 repair bill for cosmetic damage) netted me a $6000 payday with a clear title since it is over 10 years old!

@  Locoman : (14 May 2018 - 01:36 PM)

Yes. The authorities have been notified of your predilections. Remain where you are.

@  RichardT1977 : (14 May 2018 - 11:53 AM)

Is it wrong that I want to refer to PotP Inferno's combiner form as Phoenix King?

@  Paladin : (14 May 2018 - 07:33 AM)

more and more i'm starting to wish i'd become an alcoholic years ago.

@  Otaku : (14 May 2018 - 06:31 AM)

The sad thing is that I sometimes think a little social drinking by others puts us on even footing. I'm sure you're all shocked (which emoticon do i use for sarcasm again?) that I'm not good at social situations, and either I clam up or say too much, can't read the room, etc.? XP

@  Nevermore : (14 May 2018 - 12:21 AM)

I don't drink for a variety of reasons. Family alcoholism, can't stand the smell, don't like what it does to people, etc.

@  Waspinator : (13 May 2018 - 11:15 PM)

It's not always other people caring about you not drinking that makes it awkward. You can make yourself feel awkward by not doing something everyone else is doing without anyone even trying to make you do it. Peer pressure doesn't have to be intentional, the desire to fit in can make you do it to yourself.

@  Plokatron : (13 May 2018 - 10:57 PM)

@Pennpenn Same here. I just don't see a need to drink hard stuff even if it's as simple as one sip. Two reasons one I'd probably be as much a lightweight as Doc. Brown and two my uncle was killed in a car wreck due to a drunk driver and I've made a promise to my mother to never drink unless it's very special. I'm even less tolerant of Smoking or chewing Tabaco since my dad had cancer twice due to chewing learned his lesson after he survived round two. And before I get the naysayers on this the doctors specified to him that it was chewing that screwed him up. His genes did have a possible trigger in them that coulc of gone off but according to the docs it only mutated after he started chewing.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (13 May 2018 - 08:06 PM)

I have enough problems with Diabetes messing with me.. Don't need alcohol adding to it. ;)

Photo
- - - - -

[IC] STOMP Super Spooktacular Special!

STOMP at the Movies Spooktacular Special

734 replies to this topic

#1 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 35131 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 22 October 2017 - 10:31 AM

Two days before Nightmare Night every STOMP member, past and present finds a letter addressed to them in their mailboxes. It is a midnight blue envelope with their names on it, and image of the moon with a silhouette of a wing across it. In the upper left corner. Each letter is similar, it reads:

Greetings STOMP.

Many of you don't know me, but I have found something that might interest you: an old artifact from long ago. The Scarlet Masque of Death, this artifact was rumored to hold power over death itself, and was supposedly responsible for the event a thousand years ago known as the Red Plague. Of course all this is silly superstition from ignorant ponies of yore and the Masque is just an elaborate mask. And to prove such, I will have it on display at a Nightmare Night Masquerade party, as such only seems to be fitting for an artifact such at this. You are all free to attend, and encourage your participation as at the end of the night, I shall donate the Scarlet Masque of Death to the Callibustion Museum, provided nothing happens to it.

Party will be held at the old Whipstaff Manor on Nightmare Night. Party starts when the moon rises. Food, drinks, and entertainment will all be provided. Feel free to dress up, it is Nightmare Night after all. I hope you all enjoy the night, and that nothing unfortunate happens before dawn. See you soon.

Signed,

The Mistress of Lore.

---

Nightmare Night:

The sun sets over the port city of Callibustion and The Masquerade Party will be starting soon according to the letter. Whipstaff Manor has supposedly been abandoned for several decades after the last owner died. On the outskirts of the city, nearly obscured completely by trees and and overgrown yard, In the middle of the courtyard is a statue of Nightmare Moon rearing up with wings spread wide threateningly.  It doesn't seem like the place has had any upkeep in the previous decades, which could be on purpose to add to the atmosphere of the night. It certainly seems that STOMP weren't the only ponies invited as about a dozen other ponies also make there way to the manor, all dressed up for the night. 

At the door was a well dressed androgynous piebald pony, midnight blue mane framed their face and a large deep purple bow, and in back their tail was done up with a similar colored wrap. Dressed in purple pin-stripped coat and a domino mask, the pony greeted every pony as they came in. "Greetings, I am Swift Tart." They say with with an almost exaggerated bow, "Welcome to Whipstaff Manor, please pardon the mess; but I assure you the inside is much nicer looking." They say with a warm smile and open the door to the foyer. "Please, proceed inside, go straight back to the Ballroom, that is where the party is and where the masque will be unveiled."

Swift Tart's was right, as once you are past those grand double doors, the interior of the manor has been... mostly cleaned up. It was clearly a rush job, to get it mostly fit for the party as there is still a layer of dust in places and cob webs in some corners but nothing that could be considered a health risk. The furniture was all uncovered, tables and mirrors polished. Rooms like by candelabras and chandeliers. The smell of food comes from the kitchen, and there seemed to be waitstaff working in the dining room as well. But most other rooms were roped off to try and prevent wandering and guide everypony to the ballroom without distraction. 

Entering the ballroom, it was very clear that this room was the priority, looking just as grand as it did in its heyday, but fixed up with a lot more modern amenities. There was stage set up for a band to play on, though the curtains were still drawn as it seemed they were setting up still.  Those there was already many guests in various costumes all mingling with each other. There was a table that had drinks and simple snacks food on it, as it seemed like the main meal was still being prepared. 

Once all of the guests have arrived, Swift Tart enters with a smile on their face. "Ah, I just love a Masquerade." Several member of the staff following behind him as they spread out before bursting into song. Yes, this was gonna be one of those nights. 

Every day the Masquerade is sending out the call

Every day that Night Brigade came crashing through that door

They said "What are you doing siting all alone just staring at the Fireplace?

There's a place we know that you can go and join in the parade"

And I said "I'm just sitting here licking my wounds

And i don't think i'll be finished soon

Where can I find a place to hide from this mess I've made?"

At the Masquerade!

You'll be glad you came!

They won't see the holes that in your soul when you cover up your face

At the Masquerade!

It's gonna be ok!

Trade your shame for wealth and fame where no one knows your name!

Blast and break through

They dragged me to this zoo

"Put your mask on: That's the key"

Which animal is right for me?

So I burst through the pearly gates and

I was alarmed by what awaited

They greeted me with open arms: Like I was one of them

And I felt right away they let me in

Absolved me of my prior sins

So I shed this wretched skin at last!

And I became the mask!

At the Masquerade!

You'll be glad you came!

At the Masquerade!

It's gonna be ok!

It's a chance to leave it all behind (leave it all behind)

Start again, begin a brand new life

They were right that I wouldn't hate it

To think that I hesitated

I finally checked my checkered past

And i'm not going back!

At the Masquerade!

You'll be glad you came!

At the Masquerade!

It's gonna be ok!

Come along don't you fear the Masquerade!

Step in: Don't be afraid

Take your pain and deepest shame

And let them go a the Masquerade!

Grab a mask and cover up your face!

Wrap yourself in silk brocade.

Just forget the mistakes you made

Cause no one cares at the Masquerade!

Spoiler

Swift Tart:
Spoiler

Song:
Spoiler

Edited by Copper Bezel, 01 December 2017 - 03:48 AM.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#2 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel
  • Administrator
  • 45883 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:13 AM

Clip-clop-clip-clop

Amber didn't even look around her to see if anypony else was applauding. She'd been to a fair number of donation events on the part of the Keep, particularly after her transfer to Trottingham, but that was decidedly always a matter of - hmm, ah, responsibility, and yet this party seemed quite lively and that Swift Tart was very entertaining. Something about him - her? - she'd figure it out later - was simply infectious

She looked up toward her forehead and magically adjusted the brassy laurel tiara above her horn, glancing absently at the trail of her flowing white toga and wishing it wasn't quite so flowing, finding herself fidgeting to keep this or that fold from trailing on the floor. 

It would have been her habit to stick close to the ponies she knew, but she had learned the importance of mingling; she'd have to fight the urge to stick to her friends from Caballuston and elsewhere all night. Still, she should say hello to anypony she knew first - she shouldn't wish to have them feeling snubbed. And surely she would have some chance to speak to this Swift Tart later in the night - after all, it was terribly important that she show appreciation to the host, and nopony was introducing herself as the Mistress of Lore. She scoffed and rolled her eyes at the very thought, almost certainly one of those reclusive, aging eccentrics who don't even attend their own parties. 

With a sigh, she drew out her notebook, realizing she would never keep track of everypony's names without it, dashing the period accuracy of her attire and wishing she'd thought of a wax tablet beforehoof, but she put on her best party face. 

She looked for anypony in the throng she could recognize through their costumes, half-expecting to see a tall top hat above the crowd with Night Cap somewhere underneath. 

"Hello! Capital meeting you here."

Spoiler

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#3 Caldwin

Caldwin

Wha?

• Supporter
  • 22019 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:17 AM

Static noted the Nightmare Moon statue on his way in. His initial reaction was disgust. This was not the side of his beloved Luna that he'd prefer to have seen on display. However, he remembered reports of how even Luna spent a Nightmare Night in Ponyville dressed up as Nightmare Moon. So it seems she owned it. And it was something that happened. So what could he say.

His first instinct was to wear an actual costume. He hadn't dressed up for Nightmare Night since he was a foal. But when he saw that it was more of a masquerade than a costume party, he was glad he went with his second idea. He was dressed in a formal suit that he had gotten. He saw the fact that he once attended Light Fantastics ballet in nothing more than a tie as a dark blot on his record. So he actually had a suit now. He also had a masquerade mask styled to look like a timberwolf.

He nibbled on some of the snack foods as he waited on the main meal. He didn't want to ruin his appetite after all. He looked around to see if he noticed any other STOMP members, wondering if he'd even recognize them in masks.

EDIT: Ninja'd

"Why, Ms. Spark! Long time no see! It's good to see you again."

Edited by Caldwin, 22 October 2017 - 11:21 AM.

PSN = Caldwin
Wii U = Caldwin
Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029
3DS = 5370-0412-9068

#4 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Back in Business

• Supporter
  • 57879 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:24 AM

Maple read the letter after Miss Sweet told her it had arrived... a party would be fun and costumes and a new exhibit for the tour.... oh it was all so exciting! 

She instantly thought about going and visiting Misty to maybe coordinate costumes... but then again, she thought about what a neat surprise it would be to see what she came up with on her own... yes, that was the ticket... oh how funny it would be to see something like a cowcolt and a pirate pony hanging out together... 

"teeheheheh"  Maple couldn't keep from giggling and rolling around on her bed as each crazy pairing she imagined got funnier and funnier. 

"Besides... if we really don't match, it's not like I couldn't just turn into something that does match her better."  She said. Rubbing her tummy after such a good giggle fit. 

Finally the night of the party: 

Arriving a little early Maple moved over to the snack table while their lovely host talked about stuff.... Maple hoped most of it was just banter because she hadn't seen Misty yet and was looking between the door and the other ponies who'd arrived already...

"Oh goodness, if she's already in here her costume is way better than mine... I'll be sure to tell her how impressed I am." She mumbled, side-stepping toward the punch bowl -what with her not really needing to eat, she'd begun to avoid what was essentially wasting food that other ponies -real ponies could actually use. Ironic given her Changeling costume. It was kind of funny that Greenbean had an old jobber 'darkmatch' suit that not only fit her (close enough) but that -one, he'd let the Changeling Champion come up with her own design for a new costume and two, he said that Maple could keep it after the party because he said he felt a little bad about having it and using it to bump upcoming talent after Maple had told him her secret. After Hugging the old goat (not actually a goat) Maple had said thank you and not to worry about it.  Changelings are the badguys, she told him it was fine... and that he was being silly. though it Did remind her that she should likely have to have a similar talk with t.c.c. too, just to let her know not to feel weird about it. 

OOOh was that Misty! ... no those were obviously platform shoes :( 

she'd just have to wait and see.     

#5 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel
  • Administrator
  • 45883 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:59 AM

"Static, I did guess right!" said Amber, with a quick clap of a hoof. "All of these lovely masks and I'm dressed like a filly out for candy, I do feel a little silly." She tilted her head. "But enough about me. I hope things have been going well for you and the others at the museum? Not too many adventures? My, Trottingham has been a whirlwind, some days it almost feels like the fate of Equestria hangs in the balance, but I remind myself, really Amber, it's only a review deadline..." she shook her head, realizing she was talking about herself again, and smiled. 

Edited by Copper Bezel, 22 October 2017 - 12:09 PM.

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#6 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

i am come to do Business! Only Business!

• Apprentice Staff
  • 10821 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:00 PM

As Scarlet Spectrum spiralled down out of the fast darkening sky, the wind whipped up his scarlet cape and flared it out behind him. This was part of his outfit, a far more elaborate outfit than he had originally planned on after reading through the ‘Invitation’. This was because his parents had been able to make a flying visit, since they were both (thankfully) between projects. At least for a while.

His Mum had taken one look at the ‘Masquerade’ part of the letter and promptly told him he was going ‘in style!’ His father had merely given a resigned sigh as his shrugged behind Diamond Mums back. Clearly telling jis song that trying to talk her put of this was futile.

So here he was, dressed in Scarlet cape, tunic and hat. Charcoal turtleneck, trousers and a silvery mask under the hats sunvisor. His tunic, hat, cuffs twined mixture and cape were all trimmmed in a twined micture of emerald green, sky blue and a speckle of diamond, as well as the capes clasp being a stylized ‘S’. Unsure of what to expect, even after the unusual Swift Tarts introduction. Once the singing started however, he began to relax. A little.

Taking a look around, Scarlet spies Static formal suit.

“Evening all!”

fslookup.jpg

#7 Caldwin

Caldwin

Wha?

• Supporter
  • 22019 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:28 PM

"Static, I did guess right!" said Amber, with a quick clap of a hoof. "All of these lovely masks and I'm dressed like a filly out for candy, I do feel a little silly." She tilted her head. "But enough about me. I hope things have been going well for you and the others at the museum? Not too many adventures? My, Trottingham has been a whirlwind, some days it almost feels like the fate of Equestria hangs in the balance, but I remind myself, really Amber, it's only a review deadline..." she shook her head, realizing she was talking about herself again, and smiled.

"Sounds exciting. You know STOMP. Never a dull moment. I could write a book about all the adventures we've been on." He looks around at all the costumed ponies. "So...what do you wanna bet the 'silly superstition' behind the masque isn't quite as silly as The Mistress of Lore seems to think? Personally, I'm thinking this night may wind up being...interesting."

“Evening all!”

Static raises an eyebrow. "Niiiiice! Hey, Scarlet! I don't think you've met Amber before, have you? She used to be Rhapsody's marefriend." He takes a sharp breath and gives Amber a questioning look. "Do you two still write each other at all?"
PSN = Caldwin
Wii U = Caldwin
3DS = 5370-0412-9068

#8 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 35131 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:38 PM

A semi-familiar trio of ponies entered together: One the left was a gray unicorn with a blue-streaked white mane and tail, though its hard to tell, as most of her body was covered in a black one-piece suit, with a bright red shawl with a spider-web design over it for color. Her face obscured by a black mask made to look like a spider.

Next to her in the middle was a somewhat imposing black pegasus, devoid of any bright colors; both coat and mane nearly pitch black in color, the only contrast she had, was her costume. a black and white striped overcoat with a purple shirt under it and sloppily done necktie, her face obscured by a white butterfly mask.

And on her right, was a white earth pony with blonde mane and tail that had multi-colored streaks and purple colored hooves. She seemed to have the simplest costume of the three of them, a black high collared dress with red inner lining. The sleeves look worn and ruffled, as a ruby shines on her chest. Her face was obscured by a black mask that looked like a bat. 

"I don't see WHY you talked me into this, you two are CLEARLY a set, I'm just lucky I managed to find something that doesn't stand out from you two."

"Oh... well... When Rhapsody and I got the invites... we uh... felt it was wrong if we were both at a party and you stuck in your shop..."

"Don't be such a downer, Harmony. Its Nightmare Night. The night where you can be anything... so don't be yourself for once." 

"Oh my, you don't see too many sets this evening. It certainly seems to be an interesting theme, you've gone with." Swift Tart says with a grin as the Trio walks past him into the ballroom. 

"Oh... Um... Thanks... Miss... sir... um...?"

"Oh my darling little pony, I can be be whatever you wish me to be, but please... Just call me Swifty." The androgynous pony says with a bow and teasing grin. 

"Come on Symphony, I'm sure 'Swifty' Here has a lot to get done and we have friends to meet."

Okay, Rhapsody."

Spoiler

Edited by Shadewing, 22 October 2017 - 04:45 PM.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#9 Caldwin

Caldwin

Wha?

• Supporter
  • 22019 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:47 PM

"Well, speak of the Tirek!" Static said with a nervous glance between Rhapsody and Amber. "Uh...Scarlet? We...may not want to be standing between these two."

Static does a slow backaway, backing into a small pony dressed as a Changling. "Oh...beg your pardon...Ms...Maple???"
PSN = Caldwin
Wii U = Caldwin
3DS = 5370-0412-9068

#10 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Back in Business

• Supporter
  • 57879 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:53 PM

Static bumping into her was enough to make Maple pick her jaw off the snack table... that gorgeous earth pony could only be Rhapsody and Symphony's other Sister. 

"Oh um... good evening Static, no harm done... I should have been paying more attention honestly, I've just been kind of distracted looking at mares... 

...er um... for one in particular. Heh, have you seen Misty by any chance?" 

#11 Caldwin

Caldwin

Wha?

• Supporter
  • 22019 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 05:04 PM

"Not yet. But it's still early. So...interesting costume."
PSN = Caldwin
Wii U = Caldwin
3DS = 5370-0412-9068

#12 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel
  • Administrator
  • 45883 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 05:15 PM

He looks around at all the costumed ponies. "So...what do you wanna bet the 'silly superstition' behind the masque isn't quite as silly as The Mistress of Lore seems to think? Personally, I'm thinking this night may wind up being...interesting."

"If my time with your group taught me anything, Static, it's to make no unsupported assumptions. Still, we shouldn't let our caution ruin such a splendid party."

Static raises an eyebrow. "Niiiiice! Hey, Scarlet! I don't think you've met Amber before, have you? She used to be Rhapsody's marefriend." He takes a sharp breath and gives Amber a questioning look. "Do you two still write each other at all?"

"You know I've been terribly busy and - "

"Well, speak of the Tirek!" Static said with a nervous glance between Rhapsody and Amber. 

"Urp." Luckily for Amber, looking at Mr. Scarlet meant not looking at Rhapsody. She carefully, slowly, tip-hoofed her way around him, hoping the big stallion would provide enough cover for her slight stature.

"Mr. Scarlet ... Prism is it? Are you quite sure we haven't met? You know I'm quite familiar with your work on that mystery of Moonbeam Writ's puzzle box, fascinating to have it all come together like that, terribly sorry to have left the whole mystery in your obviously capable hooves -"

"Not yet. But it's still early. So...interesting costume."

"Ha, indeed! I may never have recognized you looking like that, Maple!"

Edited by Copper Bezel, 22 October 2017 - 05:15 PM.

#13 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

i am come to do Business! Only Business!

• Apprentice Staff
  • 10821 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 05:20 PM

Hey Static, youre looking quite respectable tonight, he says with a grin. Well have to get a pucture for Anchors.

Turning to the toga dressed Unicorn, he smiled warmly.

Ms. Spark. Pleased to meet you finally. Im Scarlet Spec statics words made him look round quickly. ah. Ahem. Anyway. Im Scarlet Spectrum.

With a nod and a bow he was about to move aside, when he saw Amber Spark moving around him. Much as he didnt want to upset Rhapsody. Scarlet felt it would be bad form to simply abandon Ms. Spark if she wasnt ready to talk to her marefriend(?) yet.

so he watched Rhapsody and her sisters arrive out of the corner of his eye. Scarlet had to admit they looked lovely. Hopefully, hed get chance say hi later. Lowering his voice slightly, Scarlet said,

i have to admit it was a shame we couldnt solve that puzzle together. You might have saved me from a few blunders. Still, it all worked out in the end. More or less.

You do seem very familiar though Ms. Spark. Did we have Coffee once?

Edited by GodSentinelOmega, 22 October 2017 - 05:48 PM.

fslookup.jpg

#14 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel
  • Administrator
  • 45883 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 05:28 PM

As Scarlet walked, Amber tried in vain not to appear to have any particular interest in walking in another arc alongside him, one that only coincidentally kept her out of Rhapsody's line of sight. She mulled absently on his comment about Static looking respectable. "Hmm, yes, everypony's costumes are so convincing," she said, almost to herself.

Edited by Copper Bezel, 22 October 2017 - 06:04 PM.

#15 Caldwin

Caldwin

Wha?

• Supporter
  • 22019 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 05:39 PM

”Hey Static, you’re looking quite respectable tonight,” he says with a grin. ”We’ll have to get a pucture for Anchors.”

Static returns the grin. "Scarlet, please! I have a reputation to think about. I can't have other ponies thinking I'm..." he gives an exaggerated shudder, "...respectable!"
PSN = Caldwin
Wii U = Caldwin
3DS = 5370-0412-9068

#16 Patchouli Knowledge

Patchouli Knowledge
  • Retired Staff
  • 31940 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 05:56 PM

A pony of a familiar blue shade enters the ballroom. At first glance, she appears to be a pegasus... but some details are a bit off. Batlike ears... large, membranous wings... a wild, unruly coat and unusually shaggy mane... and sharp fangs protruding from her mouth.

She waves to the small crowd of her fellow STOMP members, then flutters over to join them.

"Oh vow! Vhat a vonderful party this is."

#17 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel
  • Administrator
  • 45883 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 06:01 PM

"Perhaps we did, Mr. Spectrum," said Amber, looking perplexed at first, then smiling. "And whatever you say about 'blunders', I know the team is lucky to have you."

"Oh, Miss Monsoon! Hello!" Amber grinned. "This nasty, scary, beastly little Changeling was looking for you," she said, with a nod to Maple and a chortle. 

#18 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 35131 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 06:08 PM

"Oh... It seems like almost everyone is here... I think. I don't see Night Cap yet..." Symphony says as she looks around, seeming to easily recognize her teammates despite their costumes. .

"I doubt he'd be hard to miss, just look for the most ridiculous costume and that'll likely be him..." Rhapsody huffs as she scans the ballroom.

"I have no idea who either of you are talking about." Harmony says with a swish of her mane. 

Symphony smiles and trots over to the group. "Heyas... Um.. I hope you're all enjoying the party." She says and then blinks as she looks to Amber, cocking her head a bit. "Oh I don't think I..." She then blinks again as if sudden realization hits her. "Oh... oh... um... This is gonna be am interesting isn't it?" She says as she looks to the others before glancing back to her older sisters.

Harmony heads to the refreshment table to get herself something to drink, not knowing anyone it seems like she's not wanting to impose on the group.

Luckily, it seems like Rhapsody's not noticed Amber yet, as she goes about examining the room, exploring the perimeter, and generally being Rhapsody as it seems she's going over the room's security measures and probably making plans for possible situations. At least it means Amber has time to steel herself for the eventual meeting.  

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#19 Patchouli Knowledge

Patchouli Knowledge
  • Retired Staff
  • 31940 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 06:09 PM

"Oh, Miss Monsoon! Hello!" Amber grinned. "This nasty, scary, beastly little Changeling was looking for you," she said, with a nod to Maple and a chortle. 

"Vhat?... Oh! Ohhh!" It takes her a moment to process Amber's comment, but then she sees Maple's costume. "Haha, that's great, Maple! I like it."

Edited by Patchouli Knowledge, 22 October 2017 - 06:10 PM.

#20 Caldwin

Caldwin

Wha?

• Supporter
  • 22019 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 06:31 PM

Static perks up as one of the group decides to go off alone. He follows to the refreshment table. "Hmm, white earth pony...walked in with the other sisters...would I be too far off assuming you're Harmony? Pleasure finally seeing all three of you. I'm Static. I ...doubt Rhapsody's menttioned me."
PSN = Caldwin
Wii U = Caldwin
3DS = 5370-0412-9068

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: STOMP at the Movies, Spooktacular Special

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users