Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Shrug : (21 July 2018 - 02:11 PM)

Anyone have experience with HFTD Seaspray? I just bought a used one (for a buck!) and all his hip ratchets broke on first movement. Does he just generally have fragile ratchets or is GPS starting?

@  Paladin : (20 July 2018 - 09:24 PM)

Remember it, for it is the last thing you will hear before I *shuffle* EXPRESS MY FEELINGS IN SONG!!!!!!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 July 2018 - 08:46 PM)

Blitzwing, eh?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 July 2018 - 08:46 PM)

Huh.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 July 2018 - 06:29 PM)

He leaks his crankcase, then we all catch a few new dents.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 July 2018 - 02:58 PM)

Quick, somebody put his hand in some warm oil and see what happens.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 July 2018 - 02:25 PM)

Guys, SSSHHHHH. Megatron is passed out right over there, and dude is a MEAN drunk. Don't wake him up.

@  Paladin : (20 July 2018 - 02:04 PM)

*checks Hasbro's offerings* so, never. :(

@  Jetstream C-18 : (20 July 2018 - 01:26 PM)

They're all hugged when Omega Supreme gets back

@  unluckiness : (20 July 2018 - 10:00 AM)

Megatron is hammered! Now, I, Starscream am leader of the Decepticons!

@  wonko the sane? : (20 July 2018 - 09:47 AM)

And megatron is so confused as to why no one is shooting at him anymore that he starts binge drinking.

@  unluckiness : (20 July 2018 - 08:46 AM)

Grimlock eats them for lunch.

@  Paladin : (20 July 2018 - 08:09 AM)

Optimus wants to free the Minicons. Ultra Magnus says it infringes states' rights.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 July 2018 - 08:07 AM)

So... the nicest beings in the universe are fighting with each other?

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 July 2018 - 08:01 AM)

No Decepticons. It's Autobots Civil War.

@  Gryllid : (20 July 2018 - 07:55 AM)

New York Comic Con is in October, maybe there?

@  Nevermore : (20 July 2018 - 05:49 AM)

So.. thus far, Hasbro only revealed Autobots for Siege. Any ideas which show they will reveal the Decepticons at?

@  Nevermore : (20 July 2018 - 05:44 AM)

So where did the "Stege" logo come from? All I can find is Sipher posting it an making fun of it. Where did that inconvenient version originate?

@  Sabrblade : (19 July 2018 - 11:53 PM)

True. But it was due to Transformers' use of the name that Saban at the time couldn't use it.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 July 2018 - 11:38 PM)

But that's not necessarily a reference, just an attempt to use "Technobable" name.

@  Sabrblade : (19 July 2018 - 10:57 PM)

It's not Power Rangers, but Saban's VR Troopers was originally going to be titled "Cybertron".

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 July 2018 - 09:26 PM)

@paladin Energon would be too obvious. That's why I like Ore-13. It's not overt.. but still a nice nod.

@  Paladin : (19 July 2018 - 08:05 PM)

the original Sentai called it "Enetron." all they have to change is ONE LETTER.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 July 2018 - 06:26 PM)

@saberblade True.. But I don't know.. I just want something simple like the "Energy source" in Beast Morphers to be Ore-13 or something like that.

@  Sabrblade : (19 July 2018 - 05:41 PM)

@Tm_Silverclaw: Operation Overdrive did have a weapon called the "Transtech Armor" ;)

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 July 2018 - 04:49 PM)

*sigh* This is going to be a long subline.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 July 2018 - 04:49 PM)

I already hate the overuse of "STEGE".

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 July 2018 - 04:16 PM)

I just want Power Ranger refferenes in TF and Vice versa now.

@  Onyxstrike : (19 July 2018 - 11:32 AM)

I think Hasbro might be after more than just my money this time around with these reveals.

@  Otaku : (18 July 2018 - 02:39 PM)

@TheMightyMollusk Thanks for clarifying.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 July 2018 - 12:34 PM)

@Otaku, most people were oblivious. The smart ones did their emergency shopping the day before, so there wasn't much left anyway.

@  MEDdMI : (18 July 2018 - 09:37 AM)

@wonko Only happened a few times and I don't remember the exact details, but yeah.

@  Otaku : (18 July 2018 - 08:06 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Is that really the same thing? I mean, it is if the people were casually shopping and oblivious to the danger to them or the employees of the store, but if they were desperately trying to get needed supplies themselves... or am I just supposed to be smart enough to know you wouldn't have brought it up if it wasn't the former? >_<

@  wonko the sane? : (18 July 2018 - 07:59 AM)

Okay, what? I've had to explain why the TV wouldn't work when the power is out to children, but never to an adult in their right mind.

@  MEDdMI : (18 July 2018 - 07:44 AM)

*When I worked at the cable call center, some people wondered why their TV wouldn't work when there was an outage...

@  MEDdMI : (18 July 2018 - 07:43 AM)

w

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 July 2018 - 03:11 AM)

We had people still trying to shop while we were being pushed by state police to shut the store down due to flooding. The police finally had to help herd them out.

@  MEDdMI : (17 July 2018 - 07:36 PM)

Or working for an airline and people complaining about not being able to take off in severe weather, and expecting us to know when the bad weather will end. *points at window*

@  MEDdMI : (17 July 2018 - 07:34 PM)

Outages/fire alarms are fun when you work retail and people complain that they can't keep shopping.

@  Echowarrior : (17 July 2018 - 07:11 PM)

Outages occasionally happened at the fulfillment center I used to work at. Never fun.

@  Nevermore : (17 July 2018 - 04:51 PM)

Apparently the early shift (i.e. those who didn't participate in the walkout) were sitting in the cafeteria, waiting for power to return, while the late shift couldn't even enter the building.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 July 2018 - 04:18 PM)

Oh, wow. I thought the news about the website outtage would have been the topper, but that pretty much wins.

@  Nevermore : (17 July 2018 - 04:14 PM)

Whoopsie.

First the union called for a two-day strike yesterday, and then today the entire city where the Amazon warehouse I work at is located apparently had a power outage.

So,uh. Seems like Amazon's Prime Day really didn't go well this year.

@  unluckiness : (17 July 2018 - 09:55 AM)

It wasn't just blander and more polite bacon like I was expecting

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 July 2018 - 09:51 AM)

Canadian bacon.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 July 2018 - 09:15 AM)

And the even more important question is: is that ballpit deep enough to conceal a body... what?

@  unluckiness : (17 July 2018 - 05:35 AM)

THe more important question is if they have a ball pit

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 July 2018 - 10:18 PM)

How many attendees on average does TFcon get? And how about TFNation?

Photo
- - - - -

[OOC] STOMP Super Spooktacular Special!

Spooktacular Special STOMP at the Movies

1038 replies to this topic

#1 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 35387 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:03 AM

So... what in the world is this?  

Planning and judging interest in a very special One-Off Halloween/Nightmare Night Adventure, staring the cast of STOMP. Very likely to be non-canon so as to allow for anything to happen, and not effect the main campaign. This will be a different set-up to the Main campaign, and shouldn't last more then a couple of weeks, hopefully ending by Nov 5th which will give two full weeks, as the IC Thread will go up on the 22nd. If this goes well, it might lead into doing future ideas now and then as side adventures that also will probably be non-canon. This isn't going to be a typical campaign, and isn't gonna use the anything beyond the base stats of the characters as this is likely isn't gonna involve combat of any kind, but will involve investigation and other basic dice rolling skills that doesn't require intimate knowledge system. 

So the basic gist of it is, that it's gonna be a sorta haunted house murder mystery, though I am trying to keep everything to about the level you'd find in a kids show. STOMP members past and present are invited to a Masquerade party, where a supposed artifact will be revealed and at the end of the night donated. During the night one of the Party goers end up dead and the artifact missing. STOMP needs to figure out what happened and recover the artifact before Dawn, while trying to survive the vengeful ghosts of the dead. It mostly takes element from Clue, both game and movie, some elements of Scooby Doo, and bits and pieces of other things like Rocky Horror and Masque of the Red Death.

Zam feels the Murder Mystery element could be a non-starter and might not be fitting to the setting, though several others have already shown interest enough for me to think this viable. It might be a bit more mature and dark for MLP, but I figure Halloween/Nightmare Night and a Non-Canon adventures is perfect for playing around with these themes and ideas in a hopefully fun way. So before I get further into the what will be happening, I want to know who all might be interested in attempting this experiment with me. 

Edited by Copper Bezel, 01 December 2017 - 03:48 AM.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#2 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel
  • Administrator
  • 46585 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:21 AM

Gotta say I'm really psyched about this. It sounds like a lot of fun, even setting aside that it's always kinda fun to play Amber again. = ] 

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#3 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 35387 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 02:08 AM

Honestly, your wanting to join is one of the biggest reasons why I now want to run this... 

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#4 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel
  • Administrator
  • 46585 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 03:20 AM

I feel I should be worried. XD

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#5 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 35387 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 03:41 AM

I would be lying if I said you're presence hasn't given me some ideas... so, you're presence hasn't given me any ideas. :D

Edited by Shadewing, 21 October 2017 - 03:41 AM.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#6 Caldwin

Caldwin

Every...last...one of them!

• Supporter
  • 22508 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:50 AM

Well hey, if Amber's in, my interest is peaked.
PSN = Caldwin
Wii U = Caldwin
Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029
3DS = 5370-0412-9068

#7 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 34981 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 09:36 AM

Zam feels the Murder Mystery element could be a non-starter and might not be fitting to the setting

He's not wrong. I doesn't fit the MLP setting. But I think it can be stretched.

Clue is in fact a Hasbro property and they've been trying like heck to get a new movie going. So playing up those elements helps. It's like we'll be playing Clue but we lost the pieces so we're using MLP minis instead. And we lost the dice that come with it so we're breaking out our D&D dice. At this point it's starting to morph into a completely different game and we're not sure what we're doing anymore and frankly we're getting kinda delirious because it's three in the morning, but we don't care because it's Game Night and we're having fun.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#8 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel
  • Administrator
  • 46585 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 09:39 AM

Yep. Source material doesn't have to be doctrine and certainly doesn't trump fun. 

#9 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 35387 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 09:52 AM

Halloween tends to be a time where, least in my youth growing up, shows would kinda stretch themselves for the sake of telling a story they normally wouldn't, and that's kinda where a large part of the concept comes from. So while it might not be strictly Pony, I am still trying to keep things to stuff you'd see on a kids' show. There's gonna be some dark parts to it, particularly the event that kicks us off, but it should never get too dark. 

Zam feels the Murder Mystery element could be a non-starter and might not be fitting to the setting

He's not wrong. I doesn't fit the MLP setting. But I think it can be stretched.

Clue is in fact a Hasbro property and they've been trying like heck to get a new movie going. So playing up those elements helps. It's like we'll be playing Clue but we lost the pieces so we're using MLP minis instead. And we lost the dice that come with it so we're breaking out our D&D dice. At this point it's starting to morph into a completely different game and we're not sure what we're doing anymore and frankly we're getting kinda delirious because it's three in the morning, but we don't care because it's Game Night and we're having fun.

Yeah, the "morph into a completely different game" is the hard part since that's exactly what this is and I'm making it whole cloth, and doing it on short notice... if I had this idea earlier in the month I might have had more time to get things together; so I'm not sure how concrete the whole thing will be, but I'm hoping its at least Fun. 

I got inspired the other night when listening to Legend of Hell House on Netflix as background noise and idly playing Clue on my phone... so... kinda easy to see how this all started to come togeather in my head, lol. 

Also, we might have some new players... two people I've been getting ideas from, have shown interest in wanting to try, so they may show up for this as well. Who knows if they'll stay afterwards, but hey some fresh blood for the forums.. 

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#10 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel
  • Administrator
  • 46585 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 10:06 AM

Blood for the blood god, clicks for the click thr

Erm, I mean, hey, cool! New people! I'll look forward to meeting your friends. = D

#11 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

i am come to do Business! Only Business!

• Staff
  • 11209 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 11:04 AM

This sounds like great fun. And Scarlet gets ti meet Amber again.

fslookup.jpg

#12 Patchouli Knowledge

Patchouli Knowledge
  • Retired Staff
  • 32444 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 11:12 AM

Considering October's already over halfway over, a play-by-post Halloween mini-campaign would have to move quickly. An alternative option might be running a one-night-only game on Discord or something.

#13 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 34981 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 12:08 PM

I wouldn't mind the Halloween season lasting a little longer for once. The Christmas jingles can wait.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#14 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel
  • Administrator
  • 46585 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 12:52 PM

Yeah, that's just a reality of time. I don't give a damn about wearing socks after Columbus Day or whatthehellever.

#15 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 35387 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 02:03 PM

That and trying to get something going on Discord is like herding cats. 

Like I said, I plan for this to go about 2 weeks at most, which takes us past halloween, If it takes longer fine. This was last minute and I'm keeping it relatively simple. 

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#16 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 35387 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:11 PM

Okay, so confirmed players so far:

Copper

Fnu

Caldwin

GSO

Potential players:

Atem

Lilly

Nonconfirmed:

Sunbeam

Patchy

Destron

Videomaster (Doubting it, but it's still open for him)

----

Quick Poll:

Ghosts Or "Zombies"? 

Zombies in this case would just be pale colored and ragged looking, a bit like the cookie zombies from the show. Could also do both I suppose... 

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#17 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel
  • Administrator
  • 46585 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:44 PM

I definitely find ghosts spookier myself. Zombies don't make you doubt your senses and jump at shadows.

#18 Patchouli Knowledge

Patchouli Knowledge
  • Retired Staff
  • 32444 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:05 PM

Ghosts would be my preference.

#19 Caldwin

Caldwin

Every...last...one of them!

• Supporter
  • 22508 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:10 PM

Ghosts. No real reason. I just tend to like ghosts over zombies.
PSN = Caldwin
Wii U = Caldwin
Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029
3DS = 5370-0412-9068

#20 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 34981 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 06:03 PM

Ghosts. Every time.

B5ofTKU.jpg

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Spooktacular Special, STOMP at the Movies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users