Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 October 2020 - 04:37 AM)

Because we need more remakes these days.

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 October 2020 - 01:36 AM)

Be a hoot if these Studio Series 86 toys led to Transformers The Move Reanimated like Pokemon Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution.

@  Paladin : (20 October 2020 - 05:15 PM)

only takes three pounds to be a cereal killer.

@  Kalidor : (20 October 2020 - 04:54 PM)

5 pounds is a lot of cereal! /deadpan

@  Maximus Ambus : (20 October 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Seems the area near my work place is due to be gentrified. Electric car ports, fifty pound haircuts and five pound bowls of cereal in breakfast cafes I'll bet.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 October 2020 - 11:31 PM)

@ZakuConvoy Lumines Electric Symphony. So still halfway interesting, and it’ll play on the PS TV

@  Demovere Xeno : (19 October 2020 - 10:36 PM)

@Maximus: I paired the Battle Patrol with Ironworks and they look good together, though the Off Road Patrol would probably fit best as vehicles you're likely to find at a construction site.

@  ZakuConvoy : (19 October 2020 - 09:39 PM)

So...was it something like Tearaway or Gravity Rush or was it just a FIFA or a Madden?

@  wonko the sane? : (19 October 2020 - 08:26 PM)

Sounds like they need to clean more often.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 October 2020 - 06:51 PM)

From the depths of Walmart's backroom comes...a Playstation Vita game in 2020?

@  Telly : (19 October 2020 - 02:20 PM)

and my bow

@  Donocropolis : (19 October 2020 - 11:49 AM)

<GIMLI> And my axe! </GIMLI>

@  Donocropolis : (19 October 2020 - 11:47 AM)

He's got my vote!

@  wonko the sane? : (19 October 2020 - 11:26 AM)

Mayor?

@  Maximus Ambus : (19 October 2020 - 07:38 AM)

Greasepit for the Sports Car Patrol, Airwave for the Airstrike Patrol, Hot House for the Rescue Patrol, Ironworks for ????

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 October 2020 - 04:09 AM)

My local Walmart FINALLY got a restock of Generations during the early September reset and got a big shipment of Earthrise wave 1 (the first I’d seen around here). IF, and that’s a big IF, they restock I’m expecting a bunch of wave 3. Or wave 2. But we’ll be skipping one of those waves.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 October 2020 - 04:08 AM)

Barricade hanging around

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 October 2020 - 04:08 AM)

Brunt barely appeared here at all, wave 3 was pretty much skipped for a big load of wave 4, with Impactor and

@  wonko the sane? : (18 October 2020 - 10:13 PM)

Brunt is shelfwarming around me. One walmart moved the whole lot of them off to a side shelf, but couldn't be added to liquidate them.

@  unluckiness : (18 October 2020 - 09:01 PM)

Ironworks is a plague. No idea if it was overproduced or if nobody wants it but thing's clogging shelves.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 October 2020 - 04:23 PM)

My walmart the few times I go in will be lucky to have two or three transformers period.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 October 2020 - 10:29 AM)

I mostly just see walls of Ironworks. And the occassional Siege Hound.

@  Paladin : (18 October 2020 - 08:44 AM)

condolences.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 08:40 AM)

My local Symths is still chock full of Earthrise wave 1.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 October 2020 - 08:24 AM)

Yup, generally so much they don't bother with any other waves as the existing stock doesn't sell out.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:56 AM)

All the damn time.

If there's anything there's going to be plenty of stock, it's wave 1.

I'm really not worried about wave 1 of a new line EVER.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 October 2020 - 07:47 AM)

At least you got listings for kingdom. walmart canada won't list them until they're actually in stock and that could very well never happen. I'm gonna get mine from BBTS cause I'm not missing out on the maximals.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:32 AM)

And I don't buy the "they all sold out" explanation. The Kingdom figures are still listed.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:32 AM)

I don't see any of Friday's reveals at Walmart.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:23 AM)

There's a difference between "sold out" and "no trace of a listing".

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:23 AM)

There is still a listing for the scalped and sold out Walmart exclusive limited edition version of Gigawatt.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:22 AM)

But there should still be a listing.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 October 2020 - 06:30 AM)

Probably got scalped and sold out in seconds.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 04:10 AM)

And I don't see links anywhere either.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 04:10 AM)

So did Walmart somehow fail put up the Headmasters preorders as promised by Hasbro, or have the listings been taken down again? I cannot find them.

@  Kalidor : (18 October 2020 - 03:02 AM)

My Depth Charge is signed by David Sobolov on the wing.

@  Echowarrior : (16 October 2020 - 09:51 PM)

So do I, and I am one.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 October 2020 - 07:33 PM)

I need an adult.

@  -LittleAutob... : (16 October 2020 - 11:26 AM)

Watching people talk here is satisfying-

@  wonko the sane? : (16 October 2020 - 05:57 AM)

Nope, just awesome 80's metal hair.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (15 October 2020 - 12:17 PM)

Feathered Depthcharge? Does he turn into a fish with feathers?

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 October 2020 - 11:57 AM)

i've seen fan vids of feathered Dinobot and Depthcharge (which got a top comment by someone who claims to be his voice actor) which show how CG progressed.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 October 2020 - 08:01 AM)

A great story, and characters which more than make up for the now dated looking (but still clean and fluid.) CGI.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 October 2020 - 03:31 AM)

Thanks to Kingdom I've been rewatching Beast Wars. Still tops.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (15 October 2020 - 03:19 AM)

If they manage to tie GI Joe into Transformers like I hear they're trying to do, and it manages to put Joe product on the shelves again? I will totally forgive even the worst movie ever.

@  Telly : (15 October 2020 - 12:58 AM)

they LOOK cool, but i dont like the size. i grew up in the late 70s and early 80s where action figure size was 3 3/4, so thats what i prefer

@  fourteenwings : (15 October 2020 - 12:32 AM)

I think the new G.I. Joe Classified figures are pretty cool.

@  Telly : (14 October 2020 - 07:11 PM)

speaking of gi joe, just bought my first gi joe figure since...2011? whenever the 30th anniversary/pursuit of cobra was. got the so-called "retro" storm shadow. only got him cause i missed the ultimate version way back when

Photo
- - - - -

S7, Eps 25 & 26: "Shadow Play"........................(SPOILERS)

85 replies to this topic

#1 Guardian Prime

Guardian Prime

Ponies & Freedom Are The Right of ALL Sentient Beings!

• Supporter
  • 5923 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:25 AM

the_wrong_crowd_for_a_celebration_by_har

THE EARLY EDITION!

Because Hasbro spilled episodes everywhere.

The flood ends with the 3rd and 4rth eps!

For this is the season 7 finale, folks!

And it's going to be LEGENDARY!

A story 1,000 years in the making.

Due to Hasbro's pipes exploding,

these episodes are already out in the wild.

For anyone waiting for the official release,

the hour long finale airs Saturday, October 28th,

starting at 11:30 a.m EST / 8:30 a.m PST

SYNOPSIS!

_lumic4__lum_and_light___epic_twilight_b

SHADOW PLAY:

When Sunburst discovers the lost journal of Starswirl the Bearded,

Twilight becomes obsessed with saving her magical idol from a thousand-year-old prison.

However, with Starswirl and the other Pillars of Old Equestria back from limbo

(where they’ve been trapped for a thousand years),

Twilight and her friends must work together to defeat the Pony of Shadows.

m6_by_foxcarp-dbipjr6.png

Let's have a PMV!

Come join us in the chat as the new episode airs in the US!

Tf07yhe.gif

(click the pic to yak in the chat)

#2 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9465 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:37 AM

Can't wait to compare this to the movie.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#3 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10961 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:18 AM

I liked this finale, though I can see how others would have gripes with it. I'm more rankled by the fact that this invalidates a lot of stuff from the comics, however...but I'm pleasantly surprised by how much my headcanon for Star Swirl lined up with how he was presented here.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#4 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5566 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:09 PM

I liked this finale, though I can see how others would have gripes with it. I'm more rankled by the fact that this invalidates a lot of stuff from the comics, however...but I'm pleasantly surprised by how much my headcanon for Star Swirl lined up with how he was presented here.

I accepted that most stuff from the comics weren't going to be canon to the show a long time ago.

Shame as it is for the Sirens comic to be retconned, I do have to wonder though. That portal the 'shadow' went into. It looked a lot like the same portal the sirens got put into.

You don't suppose...

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#5 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

• Citizen
  • 10961 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:25 PM

I accepted that most stuff from the comics weren't going to be canon to the show a long time ago.

Shame as it is for the Sirens comic to be retconned, I do have to wonder though. That portal the 'shadow' went into. It looked a lot like the same portal the sirens got put into.

You don't suppose...

I doubt very much that the portal will send the Shadow into the human world. More likely one portal just looks like another, regardless of its destination. As for the Sirens...yeah, that still tracked with my Star Swirl headcanon.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#6 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11876 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 02:27 PM

Aired (separately) this past weekend in Canada.

I expected the Pony of Shadows to be connected to Sombra, given both the name and the curved horn.

I was kinda amused that Starlight only cited herself, and not Nightmare Moon, Trixie, Sunset Shimmer, or any of the befriended-by-association (Discord, the Changelings, the Dragons). Or Tempest, of course, but that might not have happened yet.

Apparently the lesson here was "listen to Starlight." ("I didn't learn anything, I was right all along.")

#7 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

• Citizen
  • 10961 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 02:32 PM

Aired (separately) this past weekend in Canada.

I expected the Pony of Shadows to be connected to Sombra, given both the name and the curved horn.

I was kinda amused that Starlight only cited herself, and not Nightmare Moon, Trixie, Sunset Shimmer, or any of the befriended-by-association (Discord, the Changelings, the Dragons). Or Tempest, of course, but that might not have happened yet.

Apparently the lesson here was "listen to Starlight." ("I didn't learn anything, I was right all along.")

A part of me is glad that the Pony of Shadows appears to be an independent evil rather than connected to a preexisting one, but still, just how many dark magical forces are there in Equestria?

Word of God is that the movie takes place after Season Seven.

As for the lesson, I think it was more, "Don't assume that you know everything, because there could be far more to what's going on than you know" than "Listen to Starlight".

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...

#8 Guardian Prime

Guardian Prime

Ponies & Freedom Are The Right of ALL Sentient Beings!

• Supporter
  • 5923 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:59 AM

A reminder that this 2-part season finale is up next for officially airing in the US.

#9 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Administrator
  • 41222 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 12:04 PM

09:55                     *** FnuAw joined #allsparkle

09:55                     +++ irc.us.mibbit.net set the channel to mode +n

09:55                     +++ irc.us.mibbit.net set the channel to mode +t

10:05                     *** Caldwin joined #allsparkle

10:06     Caldwin                Good morning. I may be in and out until the actual show starts. It's kinda early

10:07     Caldwin                I'm not on mobile. But if you need further proof, Static is hurt that Amber left and shit's gonna get real here in Shadewing's RP

10:11     FnuAw  My trigger finger was curling.

10:11     FnuAw  It's just a reflex.

10:13     Caldwin                I'm glad I convinced you!

10:14     Caldwin                does this still start at 11:30 or 11:00 since it's an hour long?

10:14     FnuAw  11:30.

10:15     FnuAw  Though you could find it and watch it now if you don't want to wait.

10:15     Caldwin                Wow! Good thing I checked. For some reason, my DVR isn't set to record!

10:16     Caldwin                Hah! I waited all week just because I can rarely make it for these chats. It's the *only* reason I haven't checked it out on Daily Motion yet

10:17     FnuAw  I waited because I'm just impossibly busy.

10:52                     *** GuardianPrime joined #allsparkle

10:52     GuardianPrime Morning.

10:55     FnuAw  Morning.

10:58     Caldwin                Morning Prime. Sorry, I was playing some Mario. I'll be right back.

11:04     Caldwin                Holy crap it's cold outside! I just went into the garage to put a couple things in my car for when I go to my parents later...it's....cold

11:07     FnuAw  Winter is coming.

11:09     Caldwin                Didn't the last guy who said that die? I mean, I don't watch Game of Thrones, but from the meme I'm pretty sure it's Sean Bean who said that and he always dies.

11:11     Caldwin                o_0 Funny that I get an advertisement for the iPhone X from the same credit card company I just used to buy an iPhone 8 just last week. Spam emails or weeeeeeird!

11:19     Caldwin                So now that Starlight's broken the seal and Maud can also get to the pool...do we have a foreshadowing for a future apocalypse?

11:20     FnuAw  I wonder what

11:21     FnuAw  What could be accomplished if you pour coffee in the mirror pool and get infinite coffee.

11:22     GuardianPrime Uuuuuuh.  Hows about we keep the mirror pool away from Fnu. O_O

11:23     Caldwin                Hey! Here's that Tootsie Pop commercial again

11:23     GuardianPrime Missed it.  Wasn't looking at the TV.

11:24     Caldwin                You know...I love retro stuff. Absolutely love it. It makes me nostalgic for my childhood. But I have to imagine kids today are wondering why this commercial is in a weird square format and looks like crap

11:25     GuardianPrime I miss the old Schoolhouse Rock segments that would play on Saturday mornings.

11:26     Caldwin                Gee! How does Trixie do it?

11:26     Caldwin                Hey! She lifted the saw with telekinisis. Isn't that progress?

11:27                     *** Dvandom joined #allsparkle

11:27     Caldwin                "That was a joke." Did Maud just become EDI?

11:27     Dvandom            Morning

11:27     Caldwin                Morning, Dave

11:27     GuardianPrime Morning Dave.

11:27     Dvandom            Even Twi thinks the foal-body spell was creepy.

11:28     Caldwin                I think she was just jealous. She never could get the hang of it and Trixie could only do it with the Alicorn Amulet

11:29     Caldwin                Did Starlight just destroy the castle floor for the sake of a game?

11:29     Dvandom            Yes

11:29     GuardianPrime Yup.

11:29                     *** Scav joined #allsparkle

11:29     Caldwin                That's what I though

11:29     GuardianPrime Morning Scav.

11:29     Caldwin                Morning Scav

11:29     Dvandom            Didn't notice Trixie sweating from the effort of the luggage last week.

11:30     Scav       hi

11:30     Dvandom            My comic shop finally opened back up last night, but couldn't do credit card sales, so I'll be picking up three weeks' worth of comics this afternoon, including Legends #7.

11:31     Dvandom            So, the Pony of Shadows is Max Lord?

11:31     FnuAw  Luna.

11:31     Caldwin                This feels like the first episode from Season 1

11:32     Scav       so this is the season finale?

11:32     Caldwin                I was thinking we just got the origen story of Sombra

11:32     GuardianPrime Yup.

11:32     Dvandom            Yep, two-parter today.

11:32     Caldwin                yup!

11:32     Scav       :(

11:32     Scav       why isn't there perpetual pony

11:33     Caldwin                Funny the McDonalds commercial focused on the Transformers toy instead of the MLP toy...you know...during an MLP episode

11:33     FnuAw  Join us in the roundup threads and you can have perpetual pony.

11:33     Dvandom            Pretty sure it's still illegal to run ads for a product during a show about that product.

11:34     Caldwin                Oh yeah...that's true. It's been so long since any of the stations I run aired cartoons, I actually forgot about that little law.

11:34     Caldwin                Sad you have to go to cable now for Saturday morning cartoons

11:34     Caldwin                Oh hey! Show's back

11:35     Caldwin                Why are they so surprised? The Mare on the Moon was real. Tirek was real. Discord is real...etc. etc. etc.

11:35     Dvandom            That they were all contemporaries feels kinda weird, since they come from such different Earth-historical eras.

11:35     FnuAw  The death of the Saturday morning cartoon block is a cultural tragedy.

11:35     Dvandom            I think they're surprised because by this point they figured they already met all the real ones.

11:36     Caldwin                It always helps to have a couple nerds on the team that understands old ponish

11:36     Dvandom            Somewhere, there is an Old Ponish "I lik the bred" poem.

11:37     Caldwin                Rarity is wise

11:37     Dvandom            The advantage of having someone with sloppy penmareship.

11:37     Caldwin                Is she going to read something and unleash a bunch of evil? Because...that's so totally Evil Dead

11:38     Caldwin                Way to go, Crash!

11:38     Dvandom            My runic is rusty, can't tell if that phrase makes sense or is just random letters.

11:39     Dvandom            "I'm here to magically explain the mystery."

11:39     Caldwin                Okay, so no incantation...still very Evil Deadish

11:40     Caldwin                Umm, technically, Starswirl...containing still falls within the definition of defeat

11:40     Dvandom            They're not allowed to say "kill".

11:41     FnuAw  I remember when kids' stuff was allowed to say kill.

11:41     Scav       kids stuff says kill all the time.

11:41     Caldwin                Yeah. "That was no accident. You killed Nicodemus." *happy sigh* Don Bluth used to be so awesome.

11:42     Dvandom            Has MLP ever said it? 

11:42     Caldwin                There may be a difference between movies and saturday morning cartoons.

11:42     Caldwin                Except...no...even in the movie I don't think anypony ever said 'kill'

11:42     Scav       MLP maybe not

11:43     Dvandom            Internal rule, not FCC.

11:43     Scav       but that's MLP not "kids show"

11:43     Caldwin                I remember "I killed Mufasa" in the Lion King. But even that was a while ago. I can't remember anything recent.

11:43     Caldwin                Oh! Show's back!

11:43     Dvandom            Mind you, I remember how awkward Gundam Wing was because the dub would never use the word "kill," instead substituting things like "destroy".

11:44     Caldwin                Because "destroy" is so much better than "kill"

11:44     Scav       Hmm.. Agents of SMILE...wonder what's up

11:44     Caldwin                Good ol' Twilight

11:45     Dvandom            Please don't hit orange background pony with book.

11:45     Caldwin                Not really so much a background pony anymore...but yeah, please don't hit AJ on the nose with a book

11:45     Dvandom            Because of course she made more dioramas.

11:45     FnuAw  The background pony jokes never get old.

11:46     Caldwin                Wow! So, the intentianally trapped themselves with him. "if we're going down, we're taking you with us."

11:46     Caldwin                Umm...Starlight's the voice of reason? Weird!

11:46     FnuAw  Starlight can't have THE WORST ideas every time.

11:46     Caldwin                I love Rainbow Dash. She says so much with just a grunt

11:47     Dvandom            They kinda already found the mask....

11:47     FnuAw  This season was good to Rainbow Dash.

11:47     Dvandom            Is that the same pony as in the CMC ep?

11:48     GuardianPrime Yup.

11:48     Caldwin                Looks like. Certainly looks familiar

11:48     Caldwin                AJ's strong!

11:48     Dvandom            Same cutie mark.

11:48     Caldwin                This season's been good to AJ too.

11:48     GuardianPrime Indiana Jones Pony!

11:48     Dvandom            Don't put that in your mouth, AJ....

11:48     Caldwin                You don't know where it's been!

11:49     Dvandom            Looks like the gene for curved horns still exists.

11:50     Caldwin                This is going rather quick

11:50     Dvandom            Well, they need all the parts of the Weather Dominator before the end of the ep.

11:50     Caldwin                Understandable seeing as how they need to get to the part where they release the evil...just saying...it's going quick

11:50     Caldwin                Alliteration never gets old

11:51     Caldwin                Isn't Spike still the dragon king?

Dvandom            No, he handed that over to Ember.

11:51     Caldwin                Oh...yeah...well...they're screwed then

11:51     FnuAw  Just smash and grab!

11:52     Caldwin                Oh! Another "he wins by accident" cliche!

11:52     Dvandom            Garbl is going to be a lawyer when he grows up.

11:52     Caldwin                lol

11:53     Caldwin                Hmm, so I guess Danica's no longer GoDaddy's go to celebrity?

11:54     Caldwin                I love Rainbow Dash!

11:55     Caldwin                She's awesome

11:55     Dvandom            He fell with STYLE.

11:55     Caldwin                But, Spike already won the shield.

11:55     Caldwin                Nice, Dash. Nice!

11:55     Caldwin                DON'T EXPLAIN THE JOKE!

11:56     Dvandom            "Because buck you, Garbl."

11:56     GuardianPrime Now why didn't the mask glow when she had it before?

11:56     Dvandom            Gummy is a mutant.

11:56     Dvandom            GP: The initial spell hadn't been activated.

11:56     Caldwin                Daring Do!

11:57     Caldwin                Once again...Starlight's the voice of reason!

11:57     Caldwin                Because you can't save the legendary ponies without saving the monster!!!!

11:57     Dvandom            Modernistic chauvinism.

11:57     Caldwin                Pride comes before the fall.

11:58     Caldwin                I hope they all get rightfully chewed out for this

11:58     Caldwin                This is worse than Evil Dead. At least the evil summoning in Evil Dead was usually by accident!

11:59     Dvandom            YOU FOALS HAVE DOOMED US ALL!

11:59     Caldwin                Way to go, Twilight!

11:59     Caldwin                "Because I'm so much more powerful and smarter than Starswirl!"

11:59     Caldwin                Upbeat credit music!

12:00     FnuAw  Weaksauce voice, but that entrance was gorgeously animated.

12:00     Dvandom            Very Cthulhu.

12:00     Caldwin                Previously on My Little Pony...from 1 minute ago!

12:00     Dvandom            Well, they may always run the two parters back to back the first time, but reruns are often just one.

12:01     Caldwin                Yes, very Cthulhu. I like it. But...I don't see a boat around to ram into it with

12:01     Dvandom            They're thoroughly modern, they'll use a Zeppelin.

12:02     GuardianPrime Tootsie Pop!

12:02     Caldwin                Tootsie Pop

12:02     Caldwin                Damn! Beat me to it

12:02     GuardianPrime :)

12:02     Caldwin                I don't know why I have to point it out every time...it's just...so cool they still run that

12:03     Dvandom            The CG replacement just got zero traction.

12:04     Caldwin                You know, CG is all well and good. I like several CG movies. But I'll never understand why that meant cell animation had to become extinct

12:04     Caldwin                Way to go, Twilight. You've doomed us all.

12:04     Dvandom            CRIME AGAINST BOOK!

12:04     Caldwin                Again.

12:05     Dvandom            You're facing two god tier unicorns, dude.

12:05     Caldwin                You now have double the Elements of Harmony to deal with. Why is this even a battle.

12:06     Caldwin                You know, for ponies that originally spoke old ponish, they're speaking remarkably modern

12:06     Dvandom            It was written in Old Ponish, but they speak in modern?

12:06     Dvandom            hi5

12:06     GuardianPrime Magical translator?

12:06     Caldwin                hi5 to Dave

12:07     Dvandom            The tree grew pretty fast, in order to be there for the sisters to use against Discord.

12:07     Caldwin                Tried to do the hoof bump emoticon, but it just dissapeared and didn't post

12:07     Caldwin                Okay, Pinkie hugging AJ's butt like that is going to be a thing...isn't it.

12:08     FnuAw  All the fanart.

12:08     Dvandom            And I guess S8 will be about finding another replacement for the Elements....

12:08     Caldwin                And I can't stress this enough, Twilight...IT'S YOUR FAULT

12:09     Dvandom            "I'm pretty bucking far from okay."

12:09     Caldwin                So...Twilight brings the doom and Starlight tries to bring her back from the brink. Nice

12:10     Dvandom            SG wants to redeem the Pony of Shadows.

12:10     Caldwin                Okay, from Starlight's looks...please tell me they aren't going to redeem the pony of shadows

12:10     Scav       maybe they should summon Sunset and discord

12:10     Dvandom            Ask Luna about dark corners?

12:10     Caldwin                If they redeem the Pony of Shadows...*sigh*

12:11     Dvandom            His origin story has the possibility built in.

12:11     Caldwin                Umm, she did do that whole freeing these ponies halfway

12:12     Caldwin                Nice macguffin that map

12:12     Scav       c: her magic was't halfway

12:12     Scav       in fact her freeing them was fullway

12:12     Dvandom            Now, since the cutie marks are only on one side, would this be a half-assed plot device?

12:13     Caldwin                lol

12:13     Scav       it was se didnd't think of part 2

12:14     Caldwin                So, villians that haven't been redeemed: Sombra, Chrysalis and Tirek. Am I missing anyone? It's a bit unbalanced, but it's not like they haven't done irredeemable villians before. I don't think they really need to redeem this one

12:15     Dvandom            Storm King wasn't redeemed either.  Or won't be, since it takes place after this.

12:15     Caldwin                That eyebrow! She learned that from AJ

12:15     Caldwin                Oh, yeah...Storm King. I guess getting frozen in stone and shattered would be the opposite of redeemed.

12:16     Caldwin                Um...spoilers?

12:16     GuardianPrime Sirens!

12:17     Caldwin                "We don't know anything about him." All the more reason why redeeming might be a bit iffy

12:17     Caldwin                Oh hey! the sirens!

12:17     Dvandom            Banishment is kinda Starswirl's go-to move.

12:17     Caldwin                Oh...okay...exposition so he can be redeemed. Yup...he's gonna be redeemed.

12:18     FnuAw  And Celestia sat on her plot aaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllll daaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy llllloooooooooooooooooong.

12:18     Caldwin                You exhiled him so you could save him? Seems legit

12:18     Dvandom            Well, by Starswirl's standards, "go away" is a mild banishment.

12:19     Caldwin                Hmm...well...put like that, I guess Starlight has a point

12:19     Dvandom            Huh, the Noid is back, sort of.

12:20     GuardianPrime Tootsie Pop!

12:20     Caldwin                Tootsie pop

12:20     Scav       That was the point of Twilight being better than Starswril.  He doesn't understand Friendship

12:20     Caldwin                Damit, GP!

12:20     GuardianPrime :)

12:20     Scav       he banishes rather than cupcakes

12:20     Caldwin                Yeah, nothing like meeting your hero and finding out he's kind of a pill

12:21     Caldwin                the hell?

12:21     Dvandom            Granted that the comics are deuterocanonical, but I wonder if the Pony of Shadows got his power from the same place as the shadows Luna unleashed in Legends #1?

12:21     Caldwin                can we even post the chat log now after that screen name?

12:21     Dvandom            Editing, Cald.

12:22     FnuAw  I edit the logs.

12:22     Dvandom            Who is voicing Starswirl? 

12:22     Caldwin                Dang, Starswirls a bullheaded bitter old colt. Usually I applaud that...but dang!

12:25     Caldwin                About time Twilight realized it

12:25     Caldwin                And now we just walked into Escaflowne

12:27     Caldwin                Does that mean they get to keep the Elements?

12:27     Caldwin                Oh yay! They got to keep the Elements.

12:27     Dvandom            Is that Tambor?

12:28     Scav       sounds like it

12:28     Caldwin                So...I guess Starswirl will now be a recurring character?

12:29     Dvandom            ...after being hit over the head by SG a few times.

12:29     GuardianPrime That was a really good finale.

12:30     Dvandom            Chris Britton was Starswirl.

12:30     FnuAw  I liked last year's better.

12:30     Scav       a bit "Whoops, look at the time...gotta wrap up the season"

12:30     Caldwin                Yeah, good finale. Season 7 was actually pretty good. Surprisingly good considering how "done with it" I was before it started.

12:30     Scav       i don't recall which was last years

12:31     Caldwin                Starlight, Discord, Trixie and Thorax

12:31     Scav       ah right

12:31     FnuAw  I think what really helps this one is that the heroes aren't all on the same page.

12:31     Caldwin                Which I still love. I love the non-mane 6 episodes. They need their spotlight too. But this was surprisingly good. And it had the Mane-6, back up hero and new ponies to boot

12:32     Scav       except all the pillars were a bit non-entinties..

12:32     Caldwin                Yeah, in-fighting between the hero's can add a bit of depth

12:32     FnuAw  I dunno. Rainbow Dash and her new drinking buddy were a nice team.

12:32     Scav       I think what actually won the day were the SMILE agents and their grabbling hook gun.

12:33     Scav       everyone was blinded by the magic, while they just came in and yanked him out

12:33     GuardianPrime Tootsie Pop!

12:33     Caldwin                Not watching any more GP!

12:34     Scav       it was all there in the first scene..they were there afterall

12:34     Scav       gp?

12:34     Caldwin                I like that Twilight was totally wrong and Starlight was totally right. It was a nice reversal.

12:34     Caldwin                GP...Guardian Prime.

12:36     Scav       don't know what that is.

12:36     Dvandom            There was supposed to be a comma in there.  "Not watching any more, GP!"

12:37     Scav       i still don't understand...this is about robots i assume?

12:37     Caldwin                Yeah punctuation can sometimes be a problem but who uses punctuation any more its so last century

12:38     Dvandom            Scav: running joke in every commercial break today.  GP and Caldwin race to be first to say that the old Tootsie Pop ad is on.

12:38     FnuAw  I can't read my own handwriting!

12:38     Caldwin                No! GP and I were noting every time the Tootsie Pop commercial aired. He kept beating me to it. So the last time he noted it, I wasn't watching any more and...

12:38     Dvandom            The last one was during LPS, and Cald had stopped watching.

12:38     Caldwin                *sigh* Now I just explained the joke.

12:39     Scav       i'm not sure that I like they didn't actually point out the subtext that Starswhirl and Co are bad at friendship

12:39     Scav       or do i like it that they left it to the viewer...

12:39     Scav       (d'oh...I honestly didn't realize you were tlaking about GP the viewer)

12:39     Dvandom            "I forgot what I already knew" sort of pointed it out.  She's been learning about friendship for seven seasons, and meeting Starswirl brought her down to his crappy level.

12:40     Caldwin                I think it kinda showed in their elements. I can't remember them all off the bat...but wasn't one beauty and another power...stuff that doesn't really have much to do with friendship?

12:40     Scav       yeah, but it was "beauty of heart" and "power of spirit"..that kind of thing

12:40     FnuAw  This finale is surprisingly layered if you pick at it.

12:40     Dvandom            Beauty, strength, hope, bravery...they were solo virtues.

12:41     Caldwin                It's probably going to warrant some rewatches. It looks like there's a lot there

12:41     Dvandom            Generosity, Loyalty, Honesty, Kindness, Laughter...all of these imply interaction with others.

12:41     Scav       Dave: nod.. and as I said, that's the whole reason the spell went unfinished til Twilight.

12:41     GuardianPrime Scav, I'm often referred to as "GP" in the Allsparkle.  Short for Guardian Prime.

12:42     Dvandom            Which in turn implies that in MLP terms, Sorcery is solitary and Magic is communal.

12:42     Dvandom            Friendship IS Magic, and Magic IS Friendship.

12:42     Scav       GP: I get it...i just thought he was talking about a show, then when I learned of the comma I thought it was a quote

12:42     Scav       Dave: nod.. and as I said, that's the whole reason the spell went unfinished til Twilight....I

12:42     Scav       'm just wondering if it should have been pointed out in story

12:42     Scav       or not

12:43     FnuAw  I'm going to forgive the predictable redemption. This was not a lazy script by any means.

12:43     Scav       ultimately, you can't have unchecked ultimate evil in a show that is often about the problem of not having enough cupcakes

12:43     Caldwin                Oh hey! That's right! As far back as Season 3 it was shown that Starswirl may not have been the best at friendship. And...wow! They just really dove into that here, didn't they?

12:44     Scav       But here's a question that Dave can fanfic on ......

12:44     Caldwin                Yeah, I'll forgive the predictable redemption. At least they threw in the exposition dump to show why he was redeemable.

12:44     Scav       How did the Seed of Strength become the Element of Honesty

12:44     Dvandom            The Element of Healing was the closest to a friendship virtue.

12:45     Dvandom            Honesty is strength of character?

12:45     Caldwin                Because...AJ's strong?

12:45     Caldwin                I got nothing.

12:45     Scav       Bravery -> Loyalty. 

12:45     Scav       I mean, _I_ can explain it

12:45     Scav       but will the show/comic

12:46     Scav       Hope -> Laughter is tough

12:46     Caldwin                I don't even read the comics. I just can't keep up with *all* the comics I used to read, so instead I keep up with *none* of them.

12:46     Scav       Caldwin: I'm actually the same..I'm VERY behind

12:46     Caldwin                So I can't really say I'm too conflicted about the questionable canonicity of the comics

12:47     Dvandom            Somnambula's use of hope in her story and Pinkie Pie's "Giggle at the Ghosties" song imply that the link is "deal with fear through this element".

12:47     Caldwin                I got very behind, realized those things are upward of $5 a pop and just couldn't justify it

12:48     GuardianPrime I haven't read any of the comics.  Kinda sounds like I'm better off just skipping those anyway.

12:48     Caldwin                I am looking forward to hopefully more appearances by Starswirl in the future. He's been such a big name in the backstory for so long, it's kinda hard to believe they waited so long.

12:49     Scav       and if you add "sharring" to each of the seeds, and squeeze your eyes, you get the elements

12:49     Scav       (Is that the right phrase...I don't think so...)

12:49     Scav       "squint"

12:49     Scav       I momentaryily lost the word "squint"

12:50     GuardianPrime *squeezes eyes*  OUCH!

12:50     Caldwin                We're definitely going to have a *lot* to talk about in the episode thread...and probably the Roundup if we ever get past season 5

12:50     Caldwin                Yikes! Is that the time? No wonder I'm starving. I better get my flank in gear. It's been fun all!

12:51     Caldwin                Always nice when I have a Saturday off and can do this.

12:51     GuardianPrime It's always great to have you around, Caldwin.   :)

12:51     Caldwin                Aww!    :)

12:51     Caldwin                Later all!

12:51     Scav       bravery + sharing = loyalty

12:51                     *** Caldwin quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)

12:52     Scav       beaty + sharing = generositiy

12:52     Dvandom            (I can't dawdle too much, I want to get to TRU before they run out of BB8 Legos for the event.)

12:52     Scav       hope + sharing = good feelings which leads to laughter

12:52     Scav       healing + sharing = hospitals which are "kind"?

12:53     Dvandom            It's not that the Pillars didn't share, but rather sharing wasn't core to their virtues.

12:53     Scav       i'm working on how the seeds transformed into the elements

12:53     Dvandom            Stygian sought to become the Composite Superman.

12:54     Scav       which the Sisters had, and SHARED them between them..thuse becoming the elements!

12:54     Scav       there's the math

12:54     Dvandom            Sorcery solution: get rid of the problem.  Magic solution: make friends with the problem.

12:54     Scav       Pillars gave seeds to the Sisters who SHARED them to become Elements

12:57                     Scav bounces around "Yes! Yes!Yes! Yes!Yes! Yes!Yes! Yes!Yes! Yes!Yes! Yes!"

12:58     GuardianPrime Time for me to run.  It's been a great chat this season!  See y'all in the threads.

12:59     Scav       ok.. guess i'll hang up to!

12:59     Scav       cya

12:59                     *** GuardianPrime quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)

13:00     Scav       I'll try to make it back to the forums   :)

13:00                     *** Scav quit (Quit: )

13:04                     *** Dvandom quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.comajax IRC Client)

Tootsie Pop!

Chat log complete.

Edited by Fnu Aw, 28 October 2017 - 12:06 PM.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#10 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

• Citizen
  • 10961 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 12:20 PM

A thought regarding the 'virtues' possessed by the Pillars - that might have been some form of Values Dissonance. Star Swirl was looking at it from the perspective of his era, rather than the modern era.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...

#11 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Former Staff~

• Citizen
  • 23084 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 28 October 2017 - 05:01 PM

So who did that Senator turn out to be, anyways?

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#12 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 17416 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 28 October 2017 - 05:21 PM

Senator?

---Dave

DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#13 Soft Snow

Soft Snow

If you are reading this that means I'm already dead.

• Banned
  • 1957 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 07:27 PM

I feel there is some kind of connection between Nightmare Moon, King Sombra, and now the Pony of Shadows. I'm not sure if it is being intentional unspoken at this point, but it seems like The Shadow is some kind of sentient manifestation of dark emotions. Or perhaps some kind of parasitic entity that lives in another dimension that gets pulled over by, and feeds on, dark emotions. Emotions have been shown to have an effect on the physical world, I wonder how far that reaches?

XIK8v9Z.gif
If I had a bit for every time you made me feel worthless, I'd be worth something by now.

Spoiler

#14 Caldwin

Caldwin

Am I pretty?

• Supporter
  • 26329 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:01 PM

That's actually pretty plausible. I don't know what all went in to making Sombra Sombra. I remember there was a comic origin for him, but it's been so long I remember nothing of it. But I do remember dark shadowy forces being what turned Luna to darkness. They did the same thing to Rarity. It's pretty similar to what happened to the Pony of Shadows.

So hey, if Season 8 comes around and makes a canonical connection there, it could really lead to something epic. The force that caused so much strife in the past now coming at the ponies in all its elemental glory...I just shuddered!

On a different note...So I guess the Mane 6 can still get the Elements whenever they want? That wasn't really the impression I was left with at the end of Season 4. But hey, I'm actually kinda glad to see them make a return.

I think I just recently made a statement about how the Mane 6 weren't really the Elements any more since they had to give them back to the tree. I'm actually glad to see they still have that connection though.
PSN = Caldwin

Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#15 Soft Snow

Soft Snow

• Banned
  • 1957 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:28 PM

So hey, if Season 8 comes around

If season 8 comes around? You didn't hear it was already announced back at Hascon? They already showed a preview for it. At least two villains are returning. But I won't tell you which.

XIK8v9Z.gif
If I had a bit for every time you made me feel worthless, I'd be worth something by now.

Spoiler

#16 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

• Citizen
  • 10961 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:29 PM

That's actually pretty plausible. I don't know what all went in to making Sombra Sombra. I remember there was a comic origin for him, but it's been so long I remember nothing of it. But I do remember dark shadowy forces being what turned Luna to darkness. They did the same thing to Rarity. It's pretty similar to what happened to the Pony of Shadows.

Sombra was explicitly said to be an Umbrum, or Shadow Pony - so far as we know, unrelated to the Pony of Shadows or Nightmare Force.

But given the show tends to trump the comics, well...

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...

#17 Caldwin

Caldwin

Am I pretty?

• Supporter
  • 26329 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:47 PM

So hey, if Season 8 comes around

If season 8 comes around? You didn't hear it was already announced back at Hascon?

Well, there was a second part to that thought :p

and makes a canonical connection there,

They already showed a preview for it. At least two villains are returning. But I won't tell you which.

I haven't seen the preview yet. I haven't decided yet how spoiler free I wan't to remain before season 8 begins.
PSN = Caldwin

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#18 Soft Snow

Soft Snow

• Banned
  • 1957 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 10:17 PM

I haven't seen the preview yet. I haven't decided yet how spoiler free I wan't to remain before season 8 begins.

Looks like I kinda decided for you, sorry.

XIK8v9Z.gif

Spoiler

#19 Caldwin

Caldwin

Am I pretty?

• Supporter
  • 26329 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 10:47 PM

???

You didn't spoil anything. You were sufficiently vague enough I wouldn't call anything you said spoilerish.

I did search YouTube and watched it, but that's on me. And no one who knows me is surprised by this. I often say "I want to remain spoiler free for this" and an hour later I'll have watched spoilers.

I'm looking forward to it. Big thing I'm looking forward to is seeing whether they keep with Flash or if they use the movie as a jumping on point to go with Harmony.
PSN = Caldwin

#20 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5566 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:00 AM

On a different note...So I guess the Mane 6 can still get the Elements whenever they want? That wasn't really the impression I was left with at the end of Season 4. But hey, I'm actually kinda glad to see them make a return.

They left the elements in the tree because the tree needed them to regain strength after being without them for so long.

I'm assuming it's amassed enough in the few years after that, or the fact Starswirl helped MAKE the tree, he might just have the ability to control it to a degree.

One thing I wanted to mention about this final is the moment Twilight sees Stygain in the Pony of Shadows, her first thought is: "There's a pony in there!" And just leaps in. No hesitation, no fear, she just sees somepony in danger and reacts to save them.

I really admire that.

Edited by videomaster21XX, 29 October 2017 - 01:01 AM.

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users