Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  tigerhawk : (23 June 2021 - 10:09 AM)

"This never happened to the other fellow." -  One of my fave meta jokes in movies from 007: On her Majesty's Secret Service.

@  Sabrblade : (21 June 2021 - 08:58 PM)

Daddy!

@  Kalidor : (21 June 2021 - 04:50 PM)

Not just any girl - your mom!

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 June 2021 - 08:19 AM)

Happy Knocked-Up-A-Girl Day!

@  Bass X0 : (20 June 2021 - 02:13 AM)

Happy father's day!

@  Hot Rod Mustang : (19 June 2021 - 07:45 PM)

what up sluts?

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 June 2021 - 07:20 PM)

Only 6? Filthy casual.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 June 2021 - 04:26 PM)

Multiplaying as in "playing with other people" or multiplaying as in "6 WoW accounts running at the same time"?

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 June 2021 - 01:45 PM)

Oh no! Darkeklaw is multiplaying! (See birthday box)

@  tigerhawk : (19 June 2021 - 11:54 AM)

In my Marvel comic canon the second wave of special teams were handpicked active robots whose experience would theoretically make more stable combiners, the Combaticons came from Cybertron, the Protectobots were imprinted from crystals explaining both Onslauhghts ancestry and First Aid's experience.

@  Dekafox : (18 June 2021 - 05:24 PM)

Spotlight: Lioconvoy?

@  Bass X0 : (18 June 2021 - 04:15 PM)

How long until IDW puts out an Optimus Pride Month comic?

@  Cyoti : (18 June 2021 - 03:32 PM)

Even with B5, it didn't follow its original 5-year plan. Summaries from the supplementary materials for the scriptbooks demonstrates that was originally planned was very different from the actual product. Sinclair's actor's departure seemingly changed the show to the point that the stuff with the Vorlons/Shadows, the Minbari and the ending were all changed. Mapping out a show years in advance is difficult because of changing bts stuff like writers/actors leaving the show or suddenly having to retool because of ratings/execs. No plan survives intact especially in a chaotic environment of television production.

@  Rycochet : (18 June 2021 - 11:27 AM)

To be like Babylon 5, you need to cram a 2 season story arc into one because you fear being cancelled, then get further seasons you have no more material for. You also need a spinoff which the network heads don't want and do everything in their power to kill it while it's on air.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 June 2021 - 10:33 AM)

The required effort is probably why we don't have babylon 6; TNG.

@  Dekafox : (18 June 2021 - 10:23 AM)

Everyone wants to be like Babylon 5 but no one wants to put in the effort

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 09:36 AM)

And then, after five years of hosting their own official podcast where they would answer fan questions and always encouraged their audience to pay attention to the mysteries, after the show had ended, they claimed the show was never really about the mysteries, it was all about the characters.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 09:34 AM)

What really bugs me with "Lost" is that the producers had willfully negotiated a set end date with the network halfway through season 3 (the show ended with season 6, as planned) specifically so they could plan out the plot for the remainder of the show. Then... the plot wasn't resolved properly.

@  tigerhawk : (18 June 2021 - 04:17 AM)

By then I had lost interest in arc TV shows, I followed a few and got the impression they were just making them up as they went along. Seemed to be a trend starting with new Galactica and Lost though in actuality began with The X Files and has become a trope called 'The Chris Carter Effect'.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:12 AM)

I think it was season 3 part 1 specifically, since they had two separate plot "arcs" for season 3.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:11 AM)

They threw everything in there, with no clear story structure, no clear stakes, and characters flip-flopping wherever the episode's writer needed them to go for their half-baked plot.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:10 AM)

Season 3 was the worst, with a terrible meandering random events plot.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 11:59 PM)

'save the cheerleader' then in season 3 he tears her skull open, scans her power and she simply heals. They didn't think any of it through.

@  Shockwave 75 : (17 June 2021 - 07:04 PM)

Well, you know Hollywood; if something's popular, run it into the ground!

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

And then there was the Writers' Strike, which isn't the show's fault.

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

Yeah, Sylar should've been, if not killed off, at least left to rest.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

It never truly recovered from that.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

Season 1 was good until the finale.

@  Paladin : (17 June 2021 - 09:37 AM)

because it sucked.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 08:58 AM)

Heroes was cancelled twice.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 06:33 AM)

The song's official name is "Holding Out for a Hero".

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 June 2021 - 12:54 AM)

That's a long time to wait for a sandwich.

@  Maruten : (16 June 2021 - 07:13 PM)

Lucky there's a hero arriving in July.

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 June 2021 - 05:38 PM)

I think I've heard "I Need a Hero" more times this past week than I have in the past several years.

@  tigerhawk : (16 June 2021 - 12:41 PM)

Thanks to Earthrise I can recreate the end of Return of Optimus Prime part 1.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 June 2021 - 11:19 AM)

I wish they would do something like that here: but then it would become obvious in which provinces you're getting gouged.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

Here in Germany, the price you see is the price you pay, tax included.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

I always find it weaird hearing that stores in the US don't initially already taxes in their prices.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 04:33 AM)

You know what's kewl? Poor literacy.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 June 2021 - 04:31 PM)

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

@  CORVUS : (15 June 2021 - 04:12 PM)

Kewl. Thanks!

@  Kalidor : (15 June 2021 - 02:08 PM)

Hey everybody! I wanted to announce that Sarahthecutevixen is our newest addition to the Allspark staff. She's primarily looking over discord stuff, but I wanted to make sure she got a welcome over here as well.

@  NovaSaber : (14 June 2021 - 11:07 AM)

Turn-Bass RPG

@  Sabrblade : (14 June 2021 - 10:21 AM)

Do not X0 quietly into the night.

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 June 2021 - 10:13 AM)

All your Bass are--

@  Donocropolis : (14 June 2021 - 05:56 AM)

*Bass X0 not available in Alaska or Hawaii.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2021 - 07:36 PM)

Get your own Big Mouth BassX0 for the low price of $19.95 (plusshippingandhandling)

@  repowers : (13 June 2021 - 12:45 PM)

Mr. Speaker, we are for the Bass X0.

@  Nevermore : (13 June 2021 - 06:04 AM)

It's all about that Bass XD.

@  tigerhawk : (13 June 2021 - 02:16 AM)

Will altering the moons orbit in any way help.

Photo
- - - - -

Copper's Mods Thread - I'm the Main Character!

Modification

135 replies to this topic

#121 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18488 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 25 February 2019 - 10:24 AM

Evasion Optimus...

...hopelessly floppy

What blasphemy is this? :o

Okay, so for a time Evasion Optimus had a minor reputation for having abnormally good joint tolerance. He could hold unlikely poses and carry other figures. It's disappointing to hear that your EO is having problems but at least it's nice that Siege figure sound like they're better designed. The dark sorcery bestowed upon Evason Optimus may some day run out but Siege can be adjusted to stand against the ravages of time. Thank you for the reply.
Spoiler

#122 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Thighs should be seductive.

• Supporter
  • 52873 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 02:35 PM

Hi, it's Windblade! She's here to save the day!

Finally got about to finishing her, though I'm probably going to make other tweaks at some point. She's sort of representing the Machinima character except that she has nothing distinctively in common with it. That RiD jacket is just too good, even if none of her toys did it justice. As a result it's the area I resculpted most, along with reworking her face and ears. The toy also had too many tailfins. 

The RiD cartoon design is probably my favorite overall take on the Windblade design since the ornate armor makes the kabuki mask belong more - add a nose and the necktie and it's perfect - but I opted to keep my take more sedate to not be quite so specifically the God-powered RiD version of the character.

windblade-6.jpg

windblade-0.jpg

windblade-1.jpg

windblade-3.jpg

windblade-5.jpg

windblade-7.jpg

Original:

C1079-Warrior-Windblade-Robot.png

C1079-Warrior-Windblade-Vehicle.png

Edited by Copper Bezel, 13 July 2019 - 02:39 PM.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#123 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18488 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 04:25 PM

It feels like nitpicking but RiD Windblade actually had two different releases, one with the face and one with the mouthplate. Unless you're saying that you did actually sculpt a whole face onto the mouthplate version. If so, you're far braver than me.
Spoiler

#124 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 52873 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 04:29 PM

I did indeed. It's the one that was hanging around my Walmart for months until I caved.

Edit: Not a good face, but it does have a nose.

windblade-face.jpg

Edited by Copper Bezel, 13 July 2019 - 04:31 PM.

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#125 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18488 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 05:02 PM

Oh, that changes things a fair bit. I think the best combo is probably the RiD body with a modded Titans Return head but that's not even remotely feasible considering how the TR version sort of instantly landed in scalper hands so sculpting makes sense. I'm mostly satisfied with my own non faceplate Windblade but I'll quietly be watching out for potential upgrades (among my countless other projects).

Out of curiosity, Green Stuff/Kneaditite or Milliput?
Spoiler

#126 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 52873 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 05:23 PM

I use a mix for basically everything honestly. Milliput is too crumbly by itself and Kneadatite doesn't sand. So it's all Kneadaput in some mix or another, just with more Kneadatite where I need some flex, a 50/50 to 75/25 mix. 

Not sure what you meant about changing things, but which release I used didn't actually change much of anything at all. Almost none of the paint is stock - most of the parts were scrubbed in alcohol, although I wasn't confident I could keep the leading edge of the black on the upper surface of the wings as clean as it came so kept a bit there - and the molded colors are all the same. I needed to resculpt the face anyway to give her a nose and a smirk. And the chest was at least as involved as the face sculpting-wise - filling in the pothole and giving her more jacket and less chest means there's not really any original surface there.

Basically, I'm surprised they released two so very similar versions - not really sure what the point was.

But yeah, RiD's seemed like the best Windblade mold available despite the breadth of options. They all have some issues somewhere but RiD's really is pretty solid with some work. I don't like the proportions on the TR, the T30 is notoriously fussy and needs paint too, and Cyberverse isn't worth considering.

Edit: Okay, I suppose that either the T30 or the RiD is great OotB as long as you get the Japanese version, but I didn't wanna. X ]

Edited by Copper Bezel, 13 July 2019 - 05:25 PM.

#127 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18488 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 05:50 PM

Basically, I'm surprised they released two so very similar versions - not really sure what the point was.

Considering the main character releases for RiD, it makes sense by toy logic. Most got more overt recolors but no actual retools. Strongarm only got a very subtle recolor for her later release and Sideswipe had the oddity of only being released in one wave (ignoring his TRU exclusive) despite being a main character in a line that actively re-added the heroes back to later waves. So Windblade fell in this weird in between with the rest of the cast. But RiD15 was just weird as a line as a whole. I mean, I like Drift and all but how in the world he got so many recolors baffles the mind.

The masked release almost feels like a "fix" since the previous one looked nice but had so few paint apps other than the face so it seemed unfinished. The masked one at least had more black where it mattered. The yellow was probably just a color contrast thing despite being "wrong".

As far as "changing things" I wasn't 100% sold on the face until revealed that you outright sculpted it, which takes effort.
Spoiler

#128 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 52873 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 06:13 PM

Yeah, it just didn't come out remotely as smooth as I'd like. If I redo anything extensively again it's going to be that. A lot of it is the paint and things balling up when I layered on the corrections, dragging edges back and forth in layers until they hit where I wanted them. 

And yeah, I guess I can see the "fix", and I guess that at the very least if you got the sea of red version, you could swap in the wings and cockpit from the later release to get something like show colors sort of. 

Didn't Sideswipe get a grey and blue release eventually? Checks Ah, that was just a TRU exclusive, weird. And yeah, RiD is a really weird line all around. = /

#129 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Do'n it Alpha site style

• Supporter
  • 63834 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 13 July 2019 - 11:42 PM

the edit to the thread title was worth a like all on its own 

#130 Foffy

Foffy

Ray of chaotic sunshine

• Citizen
  • 8756 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 04:52 PM

i think i've already mentioned this elsewhere, but i really love what you've done with that windblade. absolutely beautiful

are the wing fans modded somehow, or were they always articulated like that?

#131 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 52873 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:38 PM

They were actually always articulated! And originally the blades could spin, too, but the fans also had the very unfanlike property of being closed on one side, so that they seemed a bit more like lawnmower blades. I cut the backs off and just glued the blade pieces inside.

#132 Foffy

Foffy

Ray of chaotic sunshine

• Citizen
  • 8756 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 11:17 PM

ah, gotcha.

i like your version, it's a nice improvement over the sky lawnmower look~

#133 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Do'n it Alpha site style

• Supporter
  • 63834 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 12:06 AM

all I can guess is it somehow helps when she uses them offensively .. like some sort of focusing system.. but yeah I'd have gotten rid of the cowlings on my version too if I was any confident at all with modding 

#134 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 52873 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 11:55 AM

Yeah, not gonna lie, it involved chewing them out from the inside with clippers, a hobby knife, and sandpaper so while it wasn't too much of a pain for me, I can't really recommend it if you're not already used to doing that sort of thing.

Edit: Still annoyed by little details. I trimmed down the pegs on her cockpit section that fit into the shoulders so that I could angle the shoulders and wings down further past parallel in jet mode, but now the cockpit section is loose and wants to wobble up if I set her down on her landing gear. I really just need some flight stands. = o

Edited by Copper Bezel, 17 July 2019 - 11:59 AM.

#135 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Do'n it Alpha site style

• Supporter
  • 63834 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 01:09 PM

have you taken a picture of wobbleyblade? 

#136 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 52873 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 07:29 PM

Yeah, alright. Wing angle again, the cut peg, and the gap between the cockpit section and the door that appears when I press the cockpit section firmly into place, because it's allowed to rotate a little too far down (and also doesn't really stay there well.)

DSC-3385.jpg

DSC-3392.jpg

DSC-3395.jpg

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users