Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (18 November 2017 - 08:37 AM)

You won't be at school or work anymore... so mitigated success.

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 November 2017 - 05:21 PM)

Just don't try to plug yourself into an outlet. It won't end well.

@  Bass X0 : (17 November 2017 - 04:57 PM)

Trying to stay awake at work or school is a lot like using your controller when it's on low battery

@  Pennpenn : (17 November 2017 - 10:31 AM)

If you're used to doing it with tabs, that makes sense. It doesn't feel weird for me.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (17 November 2017 - 10:28 AM)

Also, it just feels weird if switching between webpages uses the same actions as switching between programs.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (17 November 2017 - 10:21 AM)

I switch between different things on the browser and click on various plugins and stuff far more often than switching from program to program.

@  Pennpenn : (17 November 2017 - 10:19 AM)

Yeah I'm mostly just venting from frustration rather than trying to convince anyone, though @NotVeryNightly I will point out that the windows for the other programs I'm running are at the bottom of the screen as well.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (17 November 2017 - 10:09 AM)

Tabs are on the top, near the address bar, browser tools, plugins and whatnot so the cursor will be there frequently anyway. Switching windows would require going down the screen.

@  Shrug : (17 November 2017 - 10:03 AM)

I mean, you do you. No bigs. You've just got a fairly unique stance that surprised me.

@  Shrug : (17 November 2017 - 09:54 AM)

I haven't seen words on the bottom bar of the screen since XP.

@  Pennpenn : (17 November 2017 - 09:13 AM)

All of which is put on the point that I don't care if people want to use tabs, I just want the option to not have them present for me on my browser.

@  Pennpenn : (17 November 2017 - 09:12 AM)

@Shrug- A quick glance at the bottom of the screen shows me what is open and where. Load times are basically so trivial that the load indicator on a tab is something I didn't notice until you mentioned it. The "which instance is playing noise" is a fair point but has basically only really been approaching meaningful for me maybe twice in all the time tabs have existed.

@  Pennpenn : (17 November 2017 - 09:07 AM)

@NotveryKnightly- I have never encountered a situation where that is true, especially given that tabs are on the other side of the screen to the other things I'm switching through.

@  Pennpenn : (17 November 2017 - 09:06 AM)

@ Nevermore- The windows at the bottom have the names of the websites on them, presuming you don't collapse them.

@  Shrug : (17 November 2017 - 08:08 AM)

Geez, this is reminding me of the awful pre-tab days.

@  Shrug : (17 November 2017 - 08:07 AM)

I can look at the tab to see if it hasn't finished loading yet. Now you can see which tab is playing sound, so no need to hunt through windows to find a video ad that started playing.

@  Shrug : (17 November 2017 - 08:07 AM)

And a quick glance lets me know whats open and where. No clicking multiple windows hunting for something. No waiting for some window preview to pop up (which wasn't available when tabs first started.)

@  NotVeryKnightly : (17 November 2017 - 06:03 AM)

Switching between tabs is way quicker than between windows.

@  Nevermore : (17 November 2017 - 04:09 AM)

It's like having a clear structore with sub-directores, instead of just having all files on your computer stored in one giant directory.

@  Nevermore : (17 November 2017 - 04:08 AM)

This way, I can switch between windows and then select the tab, instead of always trying to remember which window is for which website.

@  Nevermore : (17 November 2017 - 04:07 AM)

I find one browser window with multiple tabs a lot easier to handle alongside other windows than multiple browser windows alongside other windows.

@  Nevermore : (17 November 2017 - 04:06 AM)

I find multiple tabs a lot more comfortable than multiple windows.

@  Nevermore : (17 November 2017 - 04:06 AM)

erm... no?

@  Pennpenn : (17 November 2017 - 03:26 AM)

On mobile devices and whatever I understand why tabs would be a thing, but on a full desktop browser it's just- "Hey, here's a thing that's kind of like opening a new window, but objectively worse in every practical way"

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 November 2017 - 01:41 AM)

Someone remind me again: which versions of the CW Hot Spot mold did not suffer from bad hip ratcheting?

@  BlackMax : (16 November 2017 - 06:33 PM)

Holy crap I just pushed the F11 key for the first time on a keyboard since about 1994.

@  Shrug : (16 November 2017 - 01:11 PM)

tabs being wretched bs is definitely an opinion I've never seen before

@  RC85747 : (16 November 2017 - 08:25 AM)

Vivaldi lets you hide the tab bar

@  Pennpenn : (16 November 2017 - 07:45 AM)

Yeah but that gets rid of everything else as well.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 November 2017 - 07:33 AM)

Hit F11 Pennpenn

@  Pennpenn : (16 November 2017 - 04:15 AM)

I get that people like tabs. Fine. Whatever. I just detest the fact that most current browsers don't let you have the option of just hiding the bar away so I don't have to even think about the wretched bullshit things.

@  Pennpenn : (16 November 2017 - 04:06 AM)

Does anyone know of a browser that doesn't force tabs on you? Just... any sodding browser that doesn't have tabs.

@  Telly : (16 November 2017 - 01:59 AM)

being mostly wrong is better than being TOTALLY wrong!

@  BlackMax : (15 November 2017 - 09:26 PM)

ALL HAIL THE BLESSED OCTOBUTT.

@  Strafe : (15 November 2017 - 08:24 PM)

I really hope so. All of my high school drawings and notes (Hand-written notes! God, I'm old.) from girls are in a chest in the attic of my parents house. I'll check when I visit!

@  MEDdMI : (15 November 2017 - 06:39 PM)

Do you still have those drawings?

@  BlackMax : (15 November 2017 - 06:31 PM)

I think lesbian ninjas is just an unmitigated good idea. *shrug*

@  Devcon : (15 November 2017 - 05:56 PM)

well, that and Balloon Doggies, Mr secretary

@  Strafe : (15 November 2017 - 04:12 PM)

It's my crowning Allspark achievement! You're welcome.

@  Strafe : (15 November 2017 - 04:05 PM)

"Someone" being me. No mystery to it, I used to draw a lot during class when I was in high school. I came up with lesbian ninjas, which were a specialized team of assassins with amazing hair and impeccable style. I scanned some of my drawings and mentioned them a few times on the ezboard 17 years ago, and people seemed to like the idea.

@  Copper Bezel : (15 November 2017 - 01:05 PM)

Thanks in any case!

@  Copper Bezel : (15 November 2017 - 01:05 PM)

Oh, wow. That is ages ago. 

@  Telly : (15 November 2017 - 01:03 PM)

ages ago meaning when the spark was still on ezboard

@  Telly : (15 November 2017 - 01:02 PM)

i think maybe it was part of a title of a movie someone posted ages ago and the "lesbian ninja" part stood out and people just latched on to it. please note this is possibly totally and completely wrong cause my memory is terrible anymore

@  Copper Bezel : (15 November 2017 - 12:11 PM)

I don't think it's a fandom thing, I think it's an Allspark thing. Or that's been my perception. Mayhem has some lesbian ninja regulars now but I think the reference is much older. = ] 

@  Robowang : (15 November 2017 - 11:02 AM)

Who knows. I always thought it was stupid.

@  RichardT1977 : (15 November 2017 - 10:31 AM)

What is this fandom's deal with lesbian ninjas? Is it some fantheory about Nightbird or something?

@  OrionPax44 : (15 November 2017 - 08:26 AM)

Huh my phone didn't even alert me for some reason. Guess it only does on the Mayhem Discord Hangouts??

@  BlackMax : (14 November 2017 - 09:41 PM)

Telly, you are FIRED as my PR agent. :D

@  Telly : (14 November 2017 - 09:05 PM)

you all dont know what you missed. there was fun. there were games. lesbian ninjas. tang and even a couple human sacrifices.

Photo
- - - - -

The Second Annual Pete's Robot Convention - June 9 & 10, 2018

BotCon TCC Production Samples Prototypes

51 replies to this topic

#21 Vexwing

Vexwing

You are being deceived

• Staff
  • 2943 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:49 PM

Eh, Double Punch is way prettier.

35806863916_c3f0822359_o.jpg
I'm on twitter for some reason! Hell if I know why.
@vexwing
www.flickr.com/vexwing

Wanted: BotCon 2000 Apelinq & BotCon 2001 Tigatron

#22 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 60000 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:17 PM

The 2014 Scorponok had me so worried, you have no idea...

With good reason. :doh

A lot could have gone wrong. Thankfully it all worked out.

#23 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 23158 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:39 PM

Though, it did have some misassembled parts, but those were easily fixable.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#24 Petes Robot Con

Petes Robot Con

MunkyTrukk

• VIP
  • 1575 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 07:36 PM

The 2014 Scorponok had me so worried, you have no idea...

With good reason. :doh

A lot could have gone wrong. Thankfully it all worked out.

There was stuff wrong with the sample. The new chest piece needed to be tweaked so the arms could close and lots of stuff not painted right. Never got a final sample on that one so we just had to hope it turned out right. It was pretty close, green could have been a little darker but overall it is very good.

#25 Vexwing

Vexwing

You are being deceived

• Staff
  • 2943 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 07:52 PM

The new chest piece needed to be tweaked so the arms could close and lots of stuff not painted right.

Did the paint problems result in any changes? I was always kind of surprised it used the same paint masks as Double Punch; you typically spared no expense on paint so it seemed unusual there wasn't any new tampos or attempt to color map closer to the G1 toy.

Not to say there was any lack of effort, the headmaster was certainly a huge success.

35806863916_c3f0822359_o.jpg
I'm on twitter for some reason! Hell if I know why.
@vexwing
www.flickr.com/vexwing

Wanted: BotCon 2000 Apelinq & BotCon 2001 Tigatron

#26 Blueshift

Blueshift
  • Citizen
  • 2265 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 09:44 AM

Oh my god, were there seriously 200 Botcon figures? That's crazy!!

#27 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Knight of Infinity

• Staff
  • 4686 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:49 AM

Oh my god, were there seriously 200 Botcon figures? That's crazy!!

I want to say that figure includes both BotCon and non-BotCon figures from Fun Publications' tenure of the Club.

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#28 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 39767 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:59 AM

I get around 170 for just BotCon. Although that counts Class figures, Kreons, and individual troopbuilders. Start counting Minicons and you're even closer. 

#29 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 23158 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:53 PM

As this seems to be the thread for Pete's RoboCon 2018, I'll post this here:

Hello all!

Wanted to let you all know that registration for Pete’s Robot Convention 2018 is now open. Some changes for this year. The show will have a Preview Night on Saturday starting at 6:30pm and then the full show on Sunday. Also, our meet and greet will actually be at Molly Malones this year, a great Irish Pub just 3 blocks from the hotel. We will have our own private room with a cash bar. Families are welcome as this event takes place from 4pm-6pm on Saturday. 

Also, we have added a custom class this year with BotCon custom class instructor Shawn Tessman tentatively scheduled to run things. We are planning something very cool for the class! You can add that and/or the Recycled Robots class to your Pre-Reg. Speaking of that, we have a new check out system which allows you add each item to your shopping cart and you can also select your shirt size at checkout. Here are the included features for the 2018 pre-reg package:

* Saturday afternoon meet & greet @ Molly Malone's. Private room w/ appetizers & cash bar. (All ages.)
* Saturday Evening Preview Event
* Exclusive Convention T-shirt
* Exclusive Convention Trading Pin
* Early access to the Exhibitor room on Sunday 
* 2 Raffle Tickets - Hourly and Grand Prize 
* Badge & Lanyard

(For the Kids Pre-Reg package, Free face painting and a personalized caricature is included)

You can process your registration now at PetesRoboCon.com. Also, while you are there check out our newly added show for 2018, Super Pop Trading Expo. Both shows are under the Night Shining, Inc. banner.

Looking forward to seeing you all again next June!

Best!

Pete

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#30 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Staff
  • 24496 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:05 PM

I wonder whether the custom class will be based on official Hasbro/Takara product (with maybe original replacement parts/accessories) or based on a 3rd party product.  That would greatly influence my interest.

VOTE FOR SNAPDRAGON: GETTING KRUNK SINCE 1987!

card-snapdragon.jpg

Spoiler

#31 Creedence

Creedence
  • Citizen
  • 8229 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:17 PM

It's made from all of the Depth Charges clogging the club warehouse.

#32 StarSaber

StarSaber
  • Citizen
  • 2810 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:39 AM

Probably TR figures with Shapeways Headmasters.

-SS (assuming official Hasbro products are used)

#33 xZAOx

xZAOx

ALL HAIL GALVACRON

• Citizen
  • 5491 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:30 PM

Overall I'm disappointed with the changes this year, and probably will not be attending (I attended this year's as just admission at the door).

Pete said originally he was looking to kinda get back to BotCon's roots, and I felt the first show probably did that - although I thought from the get-go they were relying too much on ex-BotCon/FunPub stuff. But, it was only $10, I had friends going, it worked with some family stuff in the area, and I had a good time.

This year already we're seeing the costs go up. The pre-reg went from $60 to $70, even though it doesn't have a movie (so $10 admission, t-shirt, pin, and some appetizers). I didn't feel it was worth it to me last year, and definitely don't this year. That said, there's still the $10 at the door price, so it doesn't really affect me, and is fine for those that want it of course. Just prices going up, while what you get goes down.

Then the vendor booth prices - $300 a booth? For a show this tiny? That's ridiculous. For comparison, the last year of BotCon was $450 for a booth, for an audience probably 10x the size, over 2 full days, plus some more on the Friday. I recently did some collection reduction and took it to a local event and sold some of it, and was thinking I might be able to for PeteCon as well. But not at $300 a booth for as small an audience. I get the vibe that the vendors attending this year probably aren't paying that, and it's just the price for the few spots left over. Last year there didn't seem to be vendor registration and was mostly filled up by vendors Pete already knew and had good personal relationships with. That's fine of course, but trying to "get back to BotCon's roots" and charging $300 for a booth means only large dealers that do it for a living (or side-business) are going to have a chance. It's very anti-community.

But hey, I can just not go as a vendor. Which is a shame. For a small show, I think encouraging collectors (not just business people) to come engage in the buy / sell / trade, the swap-meet aspect, would be great. But apparently that's no longer the direction it's interested in.

They added a custom class - that's awesome. I did a few Slagacons that had custom classes. I've done them at BotCon. I did them at my first TFCon this year. Shawn is awesome. But then it's $65 to repaint a deluxe toy. Back to way more expensive than it should be. Compare that to TFCon which was $85 where you repainted a toy that cost $80 (I'm sure they got a bulk discount on it, but still). Or the Slagacon classes that were $50, one of which included adding electronics. But, hey, it's optional.

But the main problem - the show is on Sunday. I've never seen a show where the main event day wasn't on Saturday. That would mean I'd either have to go without the family and drive late at night Sunday to get home, or stay in Ohio Sunday night and drive Monday and take the day off work. The show is too small to justify either of those options.

Maybe 2019 it'll get back on track. I was enjoying the idea of having a small show to go to each year to meet up with some friends along with a bigger show (TFCon) each year, to replace BotCon for me. But already it feels like it's trying to get money wherever it can, instead of being a show more about community. I understood why FunPub did it - they were, after all, a business. I guess Pete is trying to make this a business now too.

Just my two cents. If it was on a Saturday I'd probably still pay the $10 for the day.

Edited by xZAOx, 11 November 2017 - 12:33 PM.

#34 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 9087 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:29 PM

I like going to conventions, for the most part. I liked that first round for PeteCon, and I enjoyed myself - it felt like a good way to ease my mind after getting some bad news. I didn't enjoy the trip out there, however, and navigating the streets was more trouble than I'd have liked it to be.

This second round, however? On the one hand, a good time was had that first year, and I'd like to take part in that customization class - that class was a fun part of my last BotCon (the last BotCon), and I don't expect this one to be any less fun. But it's the same place, which means the same route, and the addition of this customization class means a higher cost, and given that I'm strapped for cash right now, I don't think this is something I can justify.

But time will tell.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#35 Petes Robot Con

Petes Robot Con

MunkyTrukk

• VIP
  • 1575 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:55 PM

Overall I'm disappointed with the changes this year, and probably will not be attending (I attended this year's as just admission at the door).

Pete said originally he was looking to kinda get back to BotCon's roots, and I felt the first show probably did that - although I thought from the get-go they were relying too much on ex-BotCon/FunPub stuff. But, it was only $10, I had friends going, it worked with some family stuff in the area, and I had a good time.

This year already we're seeing the costs go up. The pre-reg went from $60 to $70, even though it doesn't have a movie (so $10 admission, t-shirt, pin, and some appetizers). I didn't feel it was worth it to me last year, and definitely don't this year. That said, there's still the $10 at the door price, so it doesn't really affect me, and is fine for those that want it of course. Just prices going up, while what you get goes down.

Then the vendor booth prices - $300 a booth? For a show this tiny? That's ridiculous. For comparison, the last year of BotCon was $450 for a booth, for an audience probably 10x the size, over 2 full days, plus some more on the Friday. I recently did some collection reduction and took it to a local event and sold some of it, and was thinking I might be able to for PeteCon as well. But not at $300 a booth for as small an audience. I get the vibe that the vendors attending this year probably aren't paying that, and it's just the price for the few spots left over. Last year there didn't seem to be vendor registration and was mostly filled up by vendors Pete already knew and had good personal relationships with. That's fine of course, but trying to "get back to BotCon's roots" and charging $300 for a booth means only large dealers that do it for a living (or side-business) are going to have a chance. It's very anti-community.

But hey, I can just not go as a vendor. Which is a shame. For a small show, I think encouraging collectors (not just business people) to come engage in the buy / sell / trade, the swap-meet aspect, would be great. But apparently that's no longer the direction it's interested in.

They added a custom class - that's awesome. I did a few Slagacons that had custom classes. I've done them at BotCon. I did them at my first TFCon this year. Shawn is awesome. But then it's $65 to repaint a deluxe toy. Back to way more expensive than it should be. Compare that to TFCon which was $85 where you repainted a toy that cost $80 (I'm sure they got a bulk discount on it, but still). Or the Slagacon classes that were $50, one of which included adding electronics. But, hey, it's optional.

But the main problem - the show is on Sunday. I've never seen a show where the main event day wasn't on Saturday. That would mean I'd either have to go without the family and drive late at night Sunday to get home, or stay in Ohio Sunday night and drive Monday and take the day off work. The show is too small to justify either of those options.

Maybe 2019 it'll get back on track. I was enjoying the idea of having a small show to go to each year to meet up with some friends along with a bigger show (TFCon) each year, to replace BotCon for me. But already it feels like it's trying to get money wherever it can, instead of being a show more about community. I understood why FunPub did it - they were, after all, a business. I guess Pete is trying to make this a business now too.

Just my two cents. If it was on a Saturday I'd probably still pay the $10 for the day.

That was the vendor price last year. Most of the vendors from last year have reupped and a few actually went from one booth to two booths because most everyone did pretty well to very well at the show. The base price for vendor space is the same for everyone last year and this year.

Prices went up on Pre-Reg by $10 because we are doing the meet and greet at Molly Malones which will cost a little more and we added a pin. Everyone still gets a shirt and raffle tickets. Plus we added a preview night so there will be show hours on both Saturday and Sunday. Pre-reg kids and kids of pre-reg will get the free facepainting and caricatures. We feel this is a fair price.

Custom class is expensive. There is the cost of the toy, the paint, compensation for Shawn, room rental and so on. We want this to be class on par with previous ones but for us to do that we have to charge appropriately.

I can appreciate that you wish shows could be essentially just get togethers that have no real admission price but all of this requires time, has tons of costs and so on to do. If you cant cover that and be compensated for your time most people wont organize conventions. We definitely want to be price friendly though and think we have fine tuned our pricing that will work for all involved with this.

From the $20 admission price for a family of 4 to the pre-reg and the vendors, we feel this is all very fairly priced and expect a great turnout for our 2nd show. Still hope you can make it out.

I like going to conventions, for the most part. I liked that first round for PeteCon, and I enjoyed myself - it felt like a good way to ease my mind after getting some bad news. I didn't enjoy the trip out there, however, and navigating the streets was more trouble than I'd have liked it to be.

This second round, however? On the one hand, a good time was had that first year, and I'd like to take part in that customization class - that class was a fun part of my last BotCon (the last BotCon), and I don't expect this one to be any less fun. But it's the same place, which means the same route, and the addition of this customization class means a higher cost, and given that I'm strapped for cash right now, I don't think this is something I can justify.

But time will tell.

Let us know where you are coming from and we may be able to help with a better route. Defintely ways around some of the usual city craziness.

#36 xZAOx

xZAOx

ALL HAIL GALVACRON

• Citizen
  • 5491 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:07 PM

Thanks for the response. I never suggested things should be free, just FWIW. I think the door price is perfect, and I know you've stated several times that "family of 4 for $20" is a benchmark you're holding to, which is also amazing.

I think the difference in our viewpoints is a business where people want to make some income (aka, profit from the show) versus a more fan / collector / community oriented event where-as you just need to break even. The vendor price to me is the biggest outlier, as it really restricts who could set up - which will also cause those selling to have to charge more to make up the table costs.

Probably the only way I could make it at this point will involve something where I take off Monday from work. Not completely off the table, but then again summer of next year is a long ways away for our family. I still don't understand the decision to have the "meat" of the show on Sunday.

#37 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 39767 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:50 PM

The move to Sunday came after research into what other shows in the midwest do in the Summer and who the audience for the shows are. Looking at toy shows, fan-organized conventions, and similar outings, as well as what we heard as feedback to the first Pete's Robot Convention, most families who get out and go to these types of events can't do Saturdays. They have games with the kids, errands, and other obligations that are too much of a distraction, and we found that a not insignificant amount of the Sunday shows we visited have larger attendance than the Saturday ones. 

Since we realize right now that most of our attendance will be as walk-ins, it made sense then to try it on a Sunday. We still want activities there on Saturday for the attendees - meet & greet, private sales room experience, etc. - and continue to look into expanding the Saturday line-up for them, but we couldn't ignore what walk-ins were doing. So we're making a switch as a trial basis for next year to have more direct comparison of which works best.  

#38 xZAOx

xZAOx

ALL HAIL GALVACRON

• Citizen
  • 5491 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:56 PM

Interesting. Being in the south (TN), doing something on a Sunday means, at best, you might get some walk-ins in the afternoon. 8-12 is completely pointless, as most crowds will be in church. Then they go to lunch afterwards. Then, maybe 2pm or so, they might find an activity (if not ready to go home, get out of their church clothes, and relax a bit).

But yeah, I'm a fan of "try, collect data, adjust" myself. Let us know how it goes, since you guys will have actual numbers to compare to instead of just observations :).

#39 StarSaber

StarSaber
  • Citizen
  • 2810 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:00 PM

Actually, Sunday has been the "big" day at DragonCon ever since they moved it to Labor Day weekend. Many guests are only there on Sunday, the Masquerade/Costume Contest is Sunday night, the most popular panels, etc.

-SS (and Monday is basically a winding-down,half-day at best.)

#40 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Knight of Infinity

• Staff
  • 4686 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:11 PM

On a Sunday? Fascinating. I would not have expected that.

Edited by SHIELD Agent 47, 11 November 2017 - 05:12 PM.

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BotCon, TCC, Production Samples, Prototypes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users