Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  WorkbenchManiac : (20 October 2017 - 07:26 PM)

If you are looking to recoup some of the costs, I mean

@  WorkbenchManiac : (20 October 2017 - 07:26 PM)

If it works, I might be willing to take it off your hands. I've been meaning to get one for customs and such.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2017 - 12:34 PM)

If that thing works, I can use it for potential future cases like this as well.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2017 - 12:33 PM)

Ordered a watchmaker pin remover from Amazon.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2017 - 12:33 PM)

No, bought the set at a convention.

@  Robowang : (20 October 2017 - 08:14 AM)

That's never good. Buy it from a place that will replace it?

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2017 - 04:57 AM)

Gaaaah, Hasbro. My Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime (from the two-pack with Orion Pack) has a misassembled part that has another part connected to it via a metal pin...

@  Robowang : (19 October 2017 - 05:22 PM)

I just know they have the same ID number in the computer as deluxes, so the search feature on the website is useless.

@  Robowang : (19 October 2017 - 05:21 PM)

No idea on price.

@  Shrug : (19 October 2017 - 05:14 PM)

Oh thanks. I just assumed it was a special item. Does that mean it'll be the $18ish the normal Deluxes are or can Walgreens price them separately?

@  Robowang : (19 October 2017 - 05:11 PM)

Before you go hunting at Walgreens, know that the Clone two-pack number is identical to the regular deluxe number. An in-stock listing for the clones likely just means they have deluxes in stock.

@  Vexwing : (19 October 2017 - 04:49 PM)

I had met him at BotCon 2014, he was a vendor there. He was part of the group I hung out with at the day at Universal. Really fun guy, it's sad he's gone.

@  Vexwing : (19 October 2017 - 04:46 PM)

I'm not sure if anyone here knew James Conan Gouig, but he passed away. Suicide, sadly.

@  Locoman : (19 October 2017 - 03:49 PM)

TR Triggerhappy's shoulders are terrifying.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 October 2017 - 03:18 PM)

Don't you hate when you join a Facebook group only to find that the moderator is a fool?

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 October 2017 - 03:04 PM)

CRAAAAAAAWLING IIIIIN MY BRAAAAAAAAINS

@  Paladin : (19 October 2017 - 08:34 AM)

must've been out of Kandrona.

@  Shrug : (19 October 2017 - 07:09 AM)

Least it wasn't a weird scratchy noise IN YOUR BRAIN.  Or was it.  Maybe you found it after it crawled out?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 October 2017 - 02:47 AM)

Mine starved

@  Waspinator : (19 October 2017 - 02:16 AM)

Watch out for brain slugs

@  Pennpenn : (19 October 2017 - 01:34 AM)

Got replacements, so yeah. Main thing is, if you hear a weird scratchy noise in your headphones it might not be static..

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 October 2017 - 01:28 AM)

Nuke the headphones from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

@  Pennpenn : (18 October 2017 - 09:04 PM)

It's interesting how life gives you a good thing and then a bad thing. Like, just got my tax return and it was quite robust, and then I found an INCH LONG EARWIG IN MY HEADPHONES. AHHHHH-

@  BlackMax : (18 October 2017 - 05:50 PM)

I'm not completely sure what I missed but I think I love it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 October 2017 - 04:20 PM)

The S is for Sucks!

@  Waspinator : (18 October 2017 - 03:49 PM)

And the thatch-roofed cottagggggggggggges!

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 October 2017 - 03:30 PM)

BURN! BURN TO THE GRBURN! BURN TO THBURN! BURN TO THE GROUND!

@  Waspinator : (18 October 2017 - 03:06 PM)

Infinity Big Bang Storm! Burn in the everlasting hellfire of creation! Be utterly annihilated, down to the very last scrap of D N A!

@  Shrug : (18 October 2017 - 02:57 PM)

YES, MY QUEEN!

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 October 2017 - 02:37 PM)

BUUUUURN! FOR THE ROYALTY!

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 October 2017 - 02:25 PM)

BUUUUUUUUUUUURN, BABY BURN! DISCO INFERNO!

@  Agamus : (18 October 2017 - 01:55 PM)

LETS BERNNNN RRRRUBBER!!!!

@  Arazyr : (18 October 2017 - 01:12 PM)

No, thanks. I'll leave that to his wife. :p

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (18 October 2017 - 01:08 PM)

FEEL THE BERNNNNNN!!!!!

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2017 - 11:52 AM)

BERNIEEEEEEEE...

@  Shrug : (18 October 2017 - 10:47 AM)

I'm not saying they're the same. They're clearly not. But members of both parties do receive large sums of money from telecom companies. When it comes to net neutrality, the issue isn't solely bipartisan so much as it's Old Politicians that don't understand technology.  Republicans do seem intent on making it worse intentionally though.

@  Paladin : (18 October 2017 - 10:40 AM)

anyone who still says "they're both the same!" after the past 10 months is WILLFULLY ignorant.

@  unluckiness : (18 October 2017 - 10:22 AM)

I'm not American. Should I do something about it or just ignore it.

@  Shrug : (18 October 2017 - 08:48 AM)

I doubt we'd have a chance with Hillary either. Didn't she get like 100k from Comcast? Both parties are pretty dang corrupt. If only Bernie...

@  2017 : (17 October 2017 - 05:56 PM)

It scared me!

@  Kalidor : (17 October 2017 - 05:42 PM)

Yes - here is more information - https://www.battleforthenet.com/

@  Darth Gonzo : (17 October 2017 - 05:36 PM)

Hello?

@  Evac : (17 October 2017 - 04:39 PM)

Yeah, it's the Allspark.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 October 2017 - 04:35 PM)

Okay, so it is the allspark doing it, and not some piece of malware I need to run a system scan over, that's basically all I wanted to know.

@  Evac : (17 October 2017 - 04:34 PM)

If, say, Hillary or Bernie was president, we'd have a chance, but with the current administration... We're pretty much hugged.

@  Evac : (17 October 2017 - 04:32 PM)

I don't know why we're even bothering; there's no way in hell a GOP-controlled congress would listen to common proles like us.

@  Evac : (17 October 2017 - 04:32 PM)

Yeah, so did I.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 October 2017 - 04:19 PM)

Okay, so I just got a pop up telling me I need to call congress about the FCC killing net neutrality. Anyone else get that?

@  Dracula : (17 October 2017 - 09:45 AM)

I'd probably use a primer coat on either of them.

@  unluckiness : (17 October 2017 - 07:21 AM)

Wonder if Overboard or Crashbash would be easier to paint over. Generally dark colors are harder but then again, screaming fuschia seems like it'd be difficult to cover too.

Photo
- - - - -

2002-2006 US/Canadian/Australian Commemorative Series vs. UK releases vs. 2012 Asian releases

13 replies to this topic

#1 Nevermore

Nevermore

Unionized and proud of it.

• Supporter
  • 11658 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:50 PM

This topic came up several times before at various boards with people being confused with the different packaging types (and mistakenly believing those of them they're unfamiliar with to be knockoffs), but I'd like to have a definite comparison here.

Original run (US, Canada and Australia)

The "Commemorative Series" line of reissues was originally released between 2002 and 2005 as Toys"R"Us exclusives in the United States, Canada and Australia until it was folded when TRU was no longer willing to carry it. Two toys from the final two series were released through unusual venues:

Series VIII Side Swipe (actually spelled that way back then) saw a regular release at TRU in Canada and Australia, but in the United States he only saw very limited distribution to the point were those few sparse sightings we got were considered fake news for a long time until someone managed to produce an actual receipt a few years ago. The remaining unsold stock of Side Swipes was later released as a KB Toys exclusive in 2006 at instant discount prices.

Series IX Astrotrain was never released at TRU. In the United States, he was released in 2005 through Hasbro Toy Shop, the first HTS exlusive ever, serving as a test vehicle to see if exclusives were a viable option for HTS. In Australia, Astrotrain was officially a Kmart exclusive (but somehow was also available at smaller, privately owned shops?), while he never saw an official release in Canada.

UK releases (concurrently with the original run)

In the United Kingdom, the early Commemorative Series figures were originally available in multilingual (six languages, to be precise) European packaging around the same time they were released in the US, Canada and Australia before Hasbro put the line on hold in the UK (not that they would officially say so; it's just that no figures came out in the UK anymore). Jazz was presumably the only Series III figure to see a UK release.

Later UK releases (after the original run)

In 2006, after even the last remaining stragglers (i.e. Side Swipe and Astrotrain) had seen a full release in the US, Hasbro UK released several more, previously unreleased-in-the-UK figures (namely, all Series IV figures plus Inferno and Tracks from Series V, but apparently not Hoist?), this time in English-only packaging that still differed from the packaging used for the US, Canada and Australia due to the lack of trademark claims after names and logos, among other things.

Classics

In 2007, Hasbro released a Soundwave reissue as a Toys"R"Us exclusive "Commemorative Edition" in the same general packaging design as the contemporary "Classics" line.

2012 Asian releases

In 2012, Hasbro's Asian division re-released several figures in packaging resembling that of the original TRU exclusive "Commemorative Series" packaging but with numerous changes, including some name changes, updated trademark claims and dropping the name "Commemorative Series" from some, but not all of these new releases. Soundwave was also re-released in packaging resembling that of his 2007 release.

Comparisons

Optimus Prime:

Commemorative Optimus Prime 2002a.JPG  Commemorative Optimus Prime 2002b.JPG
The 2002 Toys"R"Us US/Canada/Australia release comes in English-only packaging, has a red/orange "Commemorative Series I" label, an "Ages 8+" recommendation, a "choking hazard" warning label with a regular border and an older version of the Hasbro logo.
Photo credits: Go Figure, My Generation Toys
Commemorative Optimus Prime UKa.jpg  Commemorative Optimus Prime UKb.jpg
The 2002 Toys"R"Us UK release comes in "European" packaging featuring six languages (English, French, Dutch, German, Italian and Spanish) for pretty much every piece of text other than "Transformers" and has an "8+" recommendation in a white logo depicting "boy" and "girl" pictograms.
Photo credits: Go Figure, eBay
Commemorative Optimus Prime 2012a.jpg  Commemorative Optimus Prime 2012b.jpg
The 2012 Hasbro Asia release lacks the "Commemorative Series I" label, has a thicker white border around the choking hazard" warning label, a newer version of the Hasbro logo, the age recommendation has been changed from "Ages 8+" to "Ages 5+", the age recommendation and the "choking hazard" warning label have swapped places compared to the 2002 release, and the Hasbro product code number has been moved below the age recommendation.
On top of that, the toy itself is different to: Basically, it's (for the most part) a re-release of the 2008 Universe "25th Anniversary" version with Autobot insignias tampographed onto Optimus's shoulders, a lighter gray trailer and Roller, but Optimus himself (i.e. the cab) has the retooled hitch of Takara's 2011 Chronicle version that allows attaching the ion blaster to the hitch in vehicle mode.
Photo credits: Cybertron.ca, Amazon Canada

Edited by Nevermore, 19 September 2017 - 09:55 PM.

"'[Foreigners] at least need to be able to speak proper German.' Okay, what the hell is that supposed to be? Proper German'? Where do they speak that? Have you ever been there? Are you German? Can you engage in a conversation in a Swabian pub? Most people from Cologne already fail at asking for directions in the Eifel region."
- Volker Pispers, German comedian

#2 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 11658 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:00 PM

Ultra Magnus:
Commemorative Ultra Magnus 2002a.jpg  Commemorative Ultra Magnus 2002b.jpg
The 2002 Toys"R"Us US/Canada/Australia release comes in English-only packaging, has a red/orange "Commemorative Series I" label, an "Ages 8+" recommendation, a "choking hazard" warning label with a regular border and an older version of the Hasbro logo.
Photo credits: Transformerland, Terapeak
Commemorative Ultra Magnus UKa.jpg  Commemorative Ultra Magnus UKb.jpg
The 2002 Toys"R"Us UK release comes in "European" packaging featuring six languages for pretty much every piece of text other than "Transformers" and has an "8+" recommendation in a white logo depicting "boy" and "girl" pictograms.
Photo credits: Go Figure, eBay
Commemorative Ultra Magnus 2012a.jpg  Commemorative Ultra Magnus 2012b.jpg
The 2012 Hasbro Asia release lacks the "Commemorative Series I" label, has a thicker white border around the choking hazard" warning label, a newer version of the Hasbro logo, the age recommendation has been changed from "Ages 8+" to "Ages 5+", the age recommendation and the "choking hazard" warning label have swapped places compared to the 2002 release, and the Hasbro product code number has been moved below the age recommendation. In addition, the trademark claim for "Ultra Magnus" has been changed from ® to ™, because Hasbro lost the registration at some point prior to 2012. The toy itself also has the retooled hitch.
Photo credits: Toys on Fire, Amazon

Rodimus Major:
Commemorative Rodimus Major 2002a.jpg  Commemorative Rodimus Major 2002b.jpg
The 2002 Toys"R"Us US/Canada/Australia release comes in English-only packaging, has a red/orange "Commemorative Series I" label, an "Ages 8+" recommendation and an older version of the Hasbro logo.
Photo credits: ToyArena, eBay
Commemorative Rodimus Major UKa.jpg  Commemorative Rodimus Major UKb.jpg
The 2002 Toys"R"Us UK release comes in "European" packaging featuring six languages for pretty much every piece of text other than "Transformers" and has an "8+" recommendation in a white logo depicting "boy" and "girl" pictograms.
Photo credits: ToyWiz, eBay

"'[Foreigners] at least need to be able to speak proper German.' Okay, what the hell is that supposed to be? Proper German'? Where do they speak that? Have you ever been there? Are you German? Can you engage in a conversation in a Swabian pub? Most people from Cologne already fail at asking for directions in the Eifel region."

#3 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 16600 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:05 PM

Basically, it's (for the most part) a re-release of the 2008 Universe "25th Anniversary" version with a lighter gray trailer and Roller, but Optimus himself (i.e. the cab) has the retooled hitch of Takara's 2011 Chronicle version that allows attaching the ion blaster to the hitch in vehicle mode.

Does Optimus also retain the strange lighter red from the 25th Anniversary reissue?

#4 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 11658 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:05 PM

Powermaster Optimus Prime:
Commemorative Powermaster Optimus Prime 2002a.jpg  Commemorative Powermaster Optimus Prime 2002b.jpg
The 2002 Toys"R"Us US/Canada/Australia release comes in English-only packaging, has a red/orange "Commemorative Series II" label, is called "Powermaster Optimus Prime with Apex Armor", has a "Classic re-issue" label, an "Ages 5+" recommendation on a white sticker, a flap depicting the 1987 G1 Masterforce God Ginrai packaging art and an older version of the Hasbro logo.
Photo credits: TFSource, Transformerland
Commemorative Powermaster Optimus Prime UKa.jpg  Commemorative Powermaster Optimus Prime UKb.jpg
The 2002 Toys"R"Us UK release comes packaging featuring six languages for pretty much every piece of text other than "Transformers" and has an "8+" recommendation inside a black circle printed on the packaging.
Photo credits: Transformers One blog, eBay
Commemorative Powermaster Optimus Prime 2012a.jpg  Commemorative Powermaster Optimus Prime 2012b.jpg
The 2012 Hasbro Asia release uses an entirely different layout for most text elements, lacks the "Commemorative Series II" label, is simply called "Optimus Prime" without a "Powermaster" prefix and doesn't acknowledge the existence of Apex Bomber at all, has an "Ages 5+" recommendation printed on the packaging itself, lacks the flap with the packaging art entirely and has a newer version of the Hasbro logo.
Photo credits: Toys on Fire, eBay

#5 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 11658 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:08 PM

Starscream:
Commemorative Starscream 2002a.jpg  Commemorative Starscream 2002b.jpg  Commemorative Starscream 2002c.jpg
The 2002 Toys"R"Us US/Canada/Australia release comes in English-only packaging, has an "Ages 5+" recommendation on a white sticker covering an "Ages 8+" recommendation printed on the packaging, a white "choking hazard" warning label on a sticker and a "Classic re-issue" label on a sticker. (Depicted on the right is a version with all the stickers missing.)
Photo credits: eBay, ToyArena
Commemorative Starscream UKa.jpg  Commemorative Starscream UKb.jpg
The 2002 Toys"R"Us UK release comes packaging featuring six languages for pretty much every piece of text other than "Transformers" and has an "8+" recommendation printed on the packaging.
Photo credits: eBay

#6 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 11658 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:12 PM

Autobot Jazz:
Commemorative Jazz 2003a.jpg  Commemorative Jazz 2003b.jpg
The 2003 Toys"R"Us US/Canada/Australia release comes in English-only packaging, has an "Ages 5+" recommendation on a white sticker, a white "choking hazard" warning label on a sticker and a "Classic re-issue" label on a sticker.
Photo credits: Transformerland, eBay
Commemorative Jazz UKa.jpg  Commemorative Jazz UKb.jpg
The 2003 Toys"R"Us UK release comes packaging featuring six languages for pretty much every piece of text other than "Transformers" and has a "5+" recommendation inside a black circle printed on the packaging.

#7 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 11658 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:16 PM

Prowl:
Commemorative Prowl 2003a.jpg  Commemorative Prowl 2003b.jpg
The 2003 Toys"R"Us US/Canada/Australia release has several "registered trademark" ® claims after names and logos, a "Classic re-issue" label and an orange "choking hazard" warning label.
Commemorative Prowl UKa.jpg  Commemorative Prowl UKb.jpg
The 2006 Toys"R"Us UK release also comes in English-only packaging, but lacks all trademark claims as well as the "Commemorative Series IV" label, the "Classic re-issue" label and the "choking hazard" warning label.

Red Alert:
Commemorative Red Alert 2003a.jpg  Commemorative Red Alert 2003b.jpg
The 2003 Toys"R"Us US/Canada/Australia release has several "trademark" ™ and "registered trademark" ® claims after names and logos, a "Classic re-issue" label and a red "choking hazard" warning label.
Commemorative Red Alert UKa.jpg  Commemorative Red Alert UKb.JPG
The 2006 Toys"R"Us UK release also comes in English-only packaging, but lacks all trademark claims as well as the "Commemorative Series IV" label, the "Classic re-issue" label and the "choking hazard" warning label.

#8 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 11658 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:20 PM

Skywarp:
Commemorative Skywarp 2003a.jpg  Commemorative Skywarp 2003b.jpg
The 2003 Toys"R"Us US/Canada/Australia release has several "trademark" ™ and "registered trademark" ® claims after names and logos and a "Classic re-issue" label.
Commemorative Skywarp UKa.jpg  Commemorative Skywarp UKb.jpg
The 2006 Toys"R"Us UK release also comes in English-only packaging, but lacks all trademark claims as well as the "Commemorative Series IV" label and the "Classic re-issue" label.

Inferno:
Commemorative Inferno 2003a.jpg  Commemorative Inferno 2003b.JPG
The 2003 Toys"R"Us US/Canada/Australia release has several "registered trademark" ® claims after names and logos and a red "choking hazard" warning label.
Photo credits: eBay, ToyArena
Commemorative Inferno UKa.jpg  Commemorative Inferno UKb.jpg
The 2006 Toys"R"Us UK release also comes in English-only packaging, but lacks all trademark claims as well as the "Commemorative Series V" label and the "choking hazard" warning label.

#9 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 11658 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:23 PM

Autobot Tracks:
Commemorative Tracks 2003a.jpg  Commemorative Tracks 2003b.jpg
The 2003 Toys"R"Us US/Canada/Australia release has several "trademark" ™ and "registered trademark" ® claims after names and logos and a red "choking hazard" warning label.
Commemorative Tracks UKa.jpg  Commemorative Tracks UKb.jpg
The 2006 Toys"R"Us UK release also comes in English-only packaging, but lacks all trademark claims as well as the "Commemorative Series V" label and the "choking hazard" warning label.

#10 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 11658 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:29 PM

Rodimus Prime:
Commemorative Rodimus Prime 2005a.jpg  Commemorative Rodimus Prime 2005b.jpg
The 2004 Toys"R"Us US/Canada/Australia release has no "choking hazard" warning label and an older version of the Hasbro logo.
Photo credits: ToyArena, Transformerland
Commemorative Rodimus Prime 2012a.jpg  Commemorative Rodimus Prime 2012b.jpg
The 2012 Hasbro Asia release has a black "choking hazard" warning label and an newer version of the Hasbro logo. Surprisingly, those appear to be the only differences between those two versions! All the various text elements retain the same layout, even the blue "Commemorative Series VII" label remains untouched.
Photo credits: Big Bad Toy Store, eBay

Side Swipe:
Commemorative Side Swipe 2005a.jpg  Commemorative Side Swipe 2005b.jpg
The 2004 Toys"R"Us US/Canada/Australia and 2005 KB Toys US release has a red "choking hazard" warning label and an older version of the Hasbro logo.
Photo credits: ToyWiz, eBluejay
Commemorative Side Swipe 2012a.jpg  Commemorative Side Swipe 2012b.jpg
The 2012 Hasbro Asia release has a black "choking hazard" warning label and an newer version of the Hasbro logo. Similar to Rodimus Prime, those appear to be the only differences between those two versions! All the various text elements retain the same layout, the blue "Commemorative Series VIII" label remains untouched, and even the name of the figure isn't changed from "Side Swipe" to "Sideswipe".
Photo credits: ToyArena, eBay

Edited by Nevermore, 19 September 2017 - 09:30 PM.

#11 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 11658 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:34 PM

Astrotrain:
Commemorative Astrotrain 2005a.jpg  Commemorative Astrotrain 2005b.jpg
The 2005 Hasbro Toy Shop US/Kmart Australia release has a green "Commemorative Series IX" label, is simply called "Astrotrain", has an older version of the Hasbro logo and no "choking hazard" warning label.
Photo credits: Amazon, Big Bad Toy Store
Commemorative Astrotrain 2012a.jpg  Commemorative Astrotrain 2012b.jpg
The 2012 Hasbro Asia release lacks the "Commemorative Series IX" label, is called "Decepticon Astrotrain", has a newer version of the Hasbro version, a white "choking hazard" warning label, and the "Ages 5+" recommendation has been moved up, above the Hasbro product code number.
Photo credits: TFSource, TF-1.com

Soundwave:
Commemorative Soundwave 2007a.jpg  Commemorative Soundwave 2007b.jpg  Commemorative Soundwave 2007c.jpg
The 2007 Toys"R"Us US/Canada release has a "Toys"R"Us exclusive" sticker and an "Ages 8+" recommendation. He was also released in the UK as a Toys"R"Us exclusive in the same packaging. (Depicted on the right is a version with the "Toys"R"Us exclusive" sticker missing.) There were also two packaging variants for the 2007 release, with the earlier version having the contents positioned correctly (i.e. forwards) inside the packaging, whereas the later version had the contents positioned backwards inside the packaging.
Commemorative Soundwave 2012a.jpg  Commemorative Soundwave 2012b.jpg
The 2012 Hasbro Asia release lacks the "Toys"R"Us exclusive" sticker, and the age recommendation has been changed from "Ages 8+" to "Ages 5+". The toys themselves are also different: Laserbeak's laser cannons differ from their 2007 counterparts in both shape and size, and Soundwave himself features numerous changes including some paint differences and updated copyright details tampographed and/or molded onto the toy.

Additionally, all the 2012 releases have the year 2012 listed in the fine print on the back of the packaging.

Edited by Nevermore, 19 September 2017 - 09:53 PM.

#12 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 12677 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:55 PM

Boy, that flapless PMOP packaging is ugly.

(Wait, where's Thundercracker?)

#13 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 11658 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:59 PM

Wait, where's Thundercracker?

Unless I've missed something, Thundercracker was never released in the UK and wasn't among the 2012 Asia re-releases either, so I've omitted him from this list along with the other figures that were only ever released once in the US, Canada and Australia. Because there's nothing to compare them with. Canada got English-only packaging for some bizarre reason, so there's no alternate packaging version of Thundercracker, Hoist, Grapple, Smokescreen, Dirge, Skids or Ricochet.

Edited by Nevermore, 20 September 2017 - 07:55 AM.

#14 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 12677 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:04 PM

Well, that explains that.

I only even remember he existed because he was one of the fortunate few who got to keep his original boxart, which is why I nearly bought him.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users