Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Donocropolis : (23 October 2020 - 05:51 AM)

It was either the Bumblebee or Cliffjumper. Can't remember the colors.

@  Kalidor : (22 October 2020 - 06:43 PM)

What did it look like?

@  Donocropolis : (22 October 2020 - 01:34 PM)

I swear I remember getting the Happymeal G1 minibot as a child, but I live 2.5 hours from St. Louis, which is the only place they apparently came out. It's possible that I got it on a family vacation, though, as we went to Six Flags pretty often.

@  ▲ndrusi : (22 October 2020 - 01:07 PM)

Conversely, I had the Gobot helicopter from Wendy's and I was absolutely convinced it was an actual Transformer.

@  Donocropolis : (22 October 2020 - 08:13 AM)

I used to rubber-band Hot-Wheels style construction vehicles together and pretend it was Devestator.

@  Bass X0 : (21 October 2020 - 05:26 PM)

When I was about four years old, my parents bought me Bugbite and tried to tell me it was Bumblebee. I was not yet a fan of Transformers, but I knew that wasn't Bumblebee. I didn't even have the real Bumblebee at that time.

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 October 2020 - 01:39 PM)

It would come with two soundtracks: the eighties classic and one featuring dubstep and the VAs are popular Youtubers.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 October 2020 - 12:13 PM)

But yeah, reading it: I came off as a bit of an ass.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 October 2020 - 11:52 AM)

I just couldn't think of worse music than disco...

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 October 2020 - 11:35 AM)

What were you trying to imply with the mocking sarcasm, though? Nobody suggested that '80s music was any more "of it's time" than '70s music.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 October 2020 - 11:18 AM)

I said that disco wouldn't fare much better with the same context: media is property of it's time; biases, culture and limitations are all inherent in that. Some stuff can be brought forward because of an inherently timeless nature or the simplicity with which it was made but lots of media is a time capsule of the period of when it was made.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 October 2020 - 08:46 AM)

I'm not sure what you're trying to imply, or what you even think I said.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 October 2020 - 08:11 AM)

Yeah, cause disco would make the transition so much better...

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 October 2020 - 07:17 AM)

I feel the '80s music would be jarring when running over current-day CGI instead of well, '80s visuals.

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 October 2020 - 05:39 AM)

Not a remake, reanimated scene for scene, like that fan vid titled they were always real to me.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 October 2020 - 04:37 AM)

Because we need more remakes these days.

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 October 2020 - 01:36 AM)

Be a hoot if these Studio Series 86 toys led to Transformers The Move Reanimated like Pokemon Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution.

@  Paladin : (20 October 2020 - 05:15 PM)

only takes three pounds to be a cereal killer.

@  Kalidor : (20 October 2020 - 04:54 PM)

5 pounds is a lot of cereal! /deadpan

@  Maximus Ambus : (20 October 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Seems the area near my work place is due to be gentrified. Electric car ports, fifty pound haircuts and five pound bowls of cereal in breakfast cafes I'll bet.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 October 2020 - 11:31 PM)

@ZakuConvoy Lumines Electric Symphony. So still halfway interesting, and it’ll play on the PS TV

@  Demovere Xeno : (19 October 2020 - 10:36 PM)

@Maximus: I paired the Battle Patrol with Ironworks and they look good together, though the Off Road Patrol would probably fit best as vehicles you're likely to find at a construction site.

@  ZakuConvoy : (19 October 2020 - 09:39 PM)

So...was it something like Tearaway or Gravity Rush or was it just a FIFA or a Madden?

@  wonko the sane? : (19 October 2020 - 08:26 PM)

Sounds like they need to clean more often.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 October 2020 - 06:51 PM)

From the depths of Walmart's backroom comes...a Playstation Vita game in 2020?

@  Telly : (19 October 2020 - 02:20 PM)

and my bow

@  Donocropolis : (19 October 2020 - 11:49 AM)

<GIMLI> And my axe! </GIMLI>

@  Donocropolis : (19 October 2020 - 11:47 AM)

He's got my vote!

@  wonko the sane? : (19 October 2020 - 11:26 AM)

Mayor?

@  Maximus Ambus : (19 October 2020 - 07:38 AM)

Greasepit for the Sports Car Patrol, Airwave for the Airstrike Patrol, Hot House for the Rescue Patrol, Ironworks for ????

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 October 2020 - 04:09 AM)

My local Walmart FINALLY got a restock of Generations during the early September reset and got a big shipment of Earthrise wave 1 (the first I’d seen around here). IF, and that’s a big IF, they restock I’m expecting a bunch of wave 3. Or wave 2. But we’ll be skipping one of those waves.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 October 2020 - 04:08 AM)

Barricade hanging around

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 October 2020 - 04:08 AM)

Brunt barely appeared here at all, wave 3 was pretty much skipped for a big load of wave 4, with Impactor and

@  wonko the sane? : (18 October 2020 - 10:13 PM)

Brunt is shelfwarming around me. One walmart moved the whole lot of them off to a side shelf, but couldn't be added to liquidate them.

@  unluckiness : (18 October 2020 - 09:01 PM)

Ironworks is a plague. No idea if it was overproduced or if nobody wants it but thing's clogging shelves.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 October 2020 - 04:23 PM)

My walmart the few times I go in will be lucky to have two or three transformers period.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 October 2020 - 10:29 AM)

I mostly just see walls of Ironworks. And the occassional Siege Hound.

@  Paladin : (18 October 2020 - 08:44 AM)

condolences.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 08:40 AM)

My local Symths is still chock full of Earthrise wave 1.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 October 2020 - 08:24 AM)

Yup, generally so much they don't bother with any other waves as the existing stock doesn't sell out.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:56 AM)

All the damn time.

If there's anything there's going to be plenty of stock, it's wave 1.

I'm really not worried about wave 1 of a new line EVER.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 October 2020 - 07:47 AM)

At least you got listings for kingdom. walmart canada won't list them until they're actually in stock and that could very well never happen. I'm gonna get mine from BBTS cause I'm not missing out on the maximals.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:32 AM)

And I don't buy the "they all sold out" explanation. The Kingdom figures are still listed.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:32 AM)

I don't see any of Friday's reveals at Walmart.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:23 AM)

There's a difference between "sold out" and "no trace of a listing".

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:23 AM)

There is still a listing for the scalped and sold out Walmart exclusive limited edition version of Gigawatt.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:22 AM)

But there should still be a listing.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 October 2020 - 06:30 AM)

Probably got scalped and sold out in seconds.

Photo
- - - - -

A Song of Ice and Fire: The Game of Thrones Thread

Game of Thrones

31 replies to this topic

#1 SoS

SoS
  • Administrator
  • 5289 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:54 PM

Because I couldn't find our previous Game of Thrones thread (possibly has been archived). So if you haven't caught up look away because spoilers will follow. :)

So that ending...

What are everyone's predictions on how things will shake out next season?

--SoS

#2 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 4209 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 04:27 PM

I've been watching Game of Thrones since it first started, what attracted me to the series was the guy playing Ned Stark, I knew him from Lord of the Rings and I just kept watching, the series has certainly progressed its charaters, I'm kind of glad they started to reduce the pool of charaters because to many charaters makes it harder to follow. The death of Joffrey Baratheon was intersting but the death I didn't expect was his brother's death, it was pretty sudden and unexpected to me! Anyway, the most resent season, was pretty good but I expect before the show is done Cersei will die in some manner, (hopefully painful) she pretty much a terrible person and somehow ended up as ruler of the seven kingdoms on the basis that all of her children are dead along with her husband and she was the mother of two previous kings. The two who I think will sit upon the throne when the dust settles and the long night ends, will be John Snow or Tyrion Lannister because neither of them seem to want to actually rule, of course it could be that the pair end up ruling the seven kingdoms together, with John on the throne and Tyrion as his hand.

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#3 SoS

SoS
  • Administrator
  • 5289 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 04:37 PM

That's exactly my reason for cheering for Tyrion and Jon. Neither of them want to rule, which makes them perfect for the job. They will have the best interest of the people at heart.

--SoS

#4 NOIP

NOIP

A knockdown, dragout, rock and roll party in the streets.

• Citizen
  • 2330 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:20 PM

It's Martin.  The Night King is going to win and Winter will last forever.

Well no, I don't seriously expect that.  But, if anyone ever was going to do it, he would.

While you live, shine/ Have no grief at all/ Life exists only for a short while/ And time demands an end. Seikilos Epitaph

#5 Onyx Minor

Onyx Minor

Teporocho

• Staff
  • 11031 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:41 PM

I think Jon will overcome the power of the Night King over Viserion, since he is also half-dead like the dragon, and a Targaryen. :D

#6 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 48467 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:39 AM

It's Martin.  The Night King is going to win and Winter will last forever.

Well no, I don't seriously expect that.  But, if anyone ever was going to do it, he would.

Nah, not even Martin's that depressing.

Cersei may win in the end, though.

Edited by Rust, 05 September 2017 - 03:56 AM.

#7 NOIP

NOIP

A knockdown, dragout, rock and roll party in the streets.

• Citizen
  • 2330 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:12 AM

Also a distinct possibility.
While you live, shine/ Have no grief at all/ Life exists only for a short while/ And time demands an end. Seikilos Epitaph

#8 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 17230 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:18 AM

There's already a prophecy for Cersei's death, we MUST see it in the story.

#9 Devcon

Devcon

'Sup?

• Retired Staff
  • 11913 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:41 AM

It would be ironic of Tyrion ends up on the throne... and He's the one who starts a Lanister Dynasty that lasts a Thousand Years (i.e. Tywin's dream)

But yeah it's either Jon or Dany - or perhaps both as King/Queen (yay! Incest!/Eeeeew! Incest!)

Edited by Devcon, 05 September 2017 - 06:41 AM.

From the Page of Cage!

#10 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

And we're back to meh

• Administrator
  • 35038 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:24 PM

To be contrarian I'll predict an uneasy alliance finale with everyone still on the board surviving and the removal of the whole one king/queen over all of Westeros thing and everyone gets to be the sovereign of their own land. Series ends with Cersei on the Iron Throne (which has now been moved into the basement with the dinosaur bones) proclaiming she will kill them all. Series ends.

:D

But yeah it's going to be Jon or Dany, with Cersei last. No way the Night King wins. Though with Martin I won't count out the possibility that all of the rational choices are killed in the finale and it comes down to a dark horse like Sansa (or Arya), and so on. It would be funny too if the person on the Iron Throne was the 3 Eyed Raven.

#11 Shenanigans

Shenanigans

Cynic-in-residence

• Supporter
  • 6492 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:16 PM

Cersei marries the Night King.

XnIZN7T.jpg 

Shenanigans

Nonsense; mischief; often, a treacherous or deceitful trick.

#12 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

And we're back to meh

• Administrator
  • 35038 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:23 PM

Night King divorces Cersei because she's too cold. GOT sequel begins.

#13 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 48467 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:10 PM

A fortune teller's prophecy.

The thing to remember about A Song of Ice and Fire...it's not nuanced. It's a fantasy world built on subverting the typical fantasy world tropes. It's a world in which nobility of character gets you killed, and the only winners are those who play the game. The time to deal with Cersei has long since past, and I sincerely think that when the smoke clears, it's going to be her and Qyburn putting daggers in the backs of the survivors.

This all could have easily been avoided if Ned Stark wasn't such a moron. All he had to do was take Cersei's offer and resign his position as Hand and return to Winterfell and keep his mouth shut. Cersei was arrogant enough back then that she'd have kept her word and not touched him. Then Ned just quietly amasses the lords of the North for six months waiting for Jofferey to go nuclear then march towards King's Landing with the backing of not only the North but the common folk too. Sure, he'd probably have to end up sacrificing Sansa, but considering where we're at NOW that's a bargain for the Starks.

But I digress, Cersei will likely take the prize in the end simply because she's at this point the last person still playing the "game of thrones". Everyone else is busy dealing with the apocalypse. The prophecy is the bait that keeps viewers enthralled and gives hope that she WON'T win in the end.

#14 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 4209 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:37 PM

LOL

Maybe after he kills her and brings her back as a Icewalker or at least one of the undead, but then likely she'll meet a dragon on a dark battlefield and be burned dead.

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#15 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Administrator
  • 40696 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:43 AM

Overall, I have enjoyed watching this season, but I admit that it really feels like Fan fiction now that Martin's work has ran out. The dialog between the characters this season has seemed off and out of character at times, there were some inconsistencies that popped the immersion bubble, and the arcs of some of the characters seem a little disappointing. 

That being said. The battle scene with the Dragons and the Dothraki fighting the Lannister army was great! And I can't tell you how crazy this part was watching the first time.

A fortune teller's prophecy.

The thing to remember about A Song of Ice and Fire...it's not nuanced. It's a fantasy world built on subverting the typical fantasy world tropes. It's a world in which nobility of character gets you killed, and the only winners are those who play the game. The time to deal with Cersei has long since past, and I sincerely think that when the smoke clears, it's going to be her and Qyburn putting daggers in the backs of the survivors.

This all could have easily been avoided if Ned Stark wasn't such a moron. All he had to do was take Cersei's offer and resign his position as Hand and return to Winterfell and keep his mouth shut. Cersei was arrogant enough back then that she'd have kept her word and not touched him. Then Ned just quietly amasses the lords of the North for six months waiting for Jofferey to go nuclear then march towards King's Landing with the backing of not only the North but the common folk too. Sure, he'd probably have to end up sacrificing Sansa, but considering where we're at NOW that's a bargain for the Starks.

But I digress, Cersei will likely take the prize in the end simply because she's at this point the last person still playing the "game of thrones". Everyone else is busy dealing with the apocalypse. The prophecy is the bait that keeps viewers enthralled and gives hope that she WON'T win in the end.

That fortune teller was 100% accurate, so no need to dismiss the last part. So let's discuss that part: 

Spoiler

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#16 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 48467 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:35 PM

George R. R. Martin's whole deal is the subversion of the modern fantasy trope.

Cersei may very well be given the comeuppance she so richly deserves in the show now that the material's run dry. In the novels however, her winning in the end would be in keeping with the narrative of the rest of the saga.

Spoiler

Edited by Rust, 07 September 2017 - 04:36 PM.

#17 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

And we're back to meh

• Administrator
  • 35038 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:50 PM

Plus Martin has every financial incentive you can imagine to make his final books as different from the shows as possible. Other than obviously the basic ending. It will increase the sales of the books since this is somewhat uncharted waters with a book series starting before but ending after a television adaption. And increase HBO's (or whoever buys the rights next) motivation to ever redo the series from the beginning again.

#18 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 48467 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:10 PM

Assuming Martin finishes the series himself or just decides HBO finishing it off is good enough to ride the merchandising rights to the grave.

The man's never been subtle in his overall desire to make as much money as possible. My copy of A Storm of Swords comes with an advertisement for what I assume is a defunct Game of Thrones Collectable Card Game. With HBO and the show's success, the man's attained the fame he's always clamored for.

#19 AgentOrange

AgentOrange
  • Citizen
  • 1457 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:21 PM

Assuming Martin finishes the series himself or just decides HBO finishing it off is good enough to ride the merchandising rights to the grave.

The man's never been subtle in his overall desire to make as much money as possible. My copy of A Storm of Swords comes with an advertisement for what I assume is a defunct Game of Thrones Collectable Card Game. With HBO and the show's success, the man's attained the fame he's always clamored for.

Storm of Swords came out 2 years before the first edition of the GoT LCG. That ran for 13 years before being replaced by the second edition which is still ongoing.
You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer

#20 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 25546 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:14 PM

Hard question then.

If it's all grinding away and killing the good in the world and rewarding the monsters, why bother? I could just turn on the news.
Earth is Kill because Santa.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users