Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 July 2020 - 08:03 AM)

And he's a big ball, but he's not the biggest ball of them all. (That'll be Pulse Unicron.)

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 07:37 AM)

Trypticon so scared my Primus figure he turned into a ball.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 July 2020 - 09:56 PM)

King Nine, however, will not return.

@  Bass X0 : (09 July 2020 - 05:05 PM)

Bass_X0 will return after these messages ^^^

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 July 2020 - 03:37 PM)

WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOOARRGH

@  -LittleAutob... : (09 July 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Okay?

@  Otaku : (09 July 2020 - 07:47 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Ah, but the series itself has pronounced "Bass" both ways. ;)  Oh, 90s English Capcom video game voice acting...

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 July 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Looking at my Titan Returns collection I can see they realised they didn't have to paint the Titan Masters after wave one, lazy bums.

@  Maruten : (08 July 2020 - 09:13 PM)

No, I'm going with "fish".

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 July 2020 - 04:19 PM)

He stated that it's in reference to the Mega Man character, so it follows the series' tradition of music names.

@  Cybersnark : (08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM)

The real question is if it's "bass" as in music or "bass" as in the fish.

@  Otaku : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Well, at least now I know how to pronounce @Bass X0 's screen name. ^^'  Rather, I think I'd just forgotten.  In my defense, it really does look like an emoticon or maybe just "decoration", which is what a lot of folks add to their screen names online.  Usually because someone has the name they really want. XD

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Extremely unimpressed with your idea that someone making a negative observation you don't like means they "got triggered."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (08 July 2020 - 11:16 AM)

You know somebody asked "And this would be in relation to... what exactly?"

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Its because someone got triggered over my random musings instead of just ignoring them. If I read one of your comments that is of no relevance or interest to me, I don't feel the need to say so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

All this over someone's username lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 08:34 AM)

Bazro.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (08 July 2020 - 06:34 AM)

It could be Bass 10-0

@  Nevermore : (08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM)

How do you pronounce yourself? "Bass Ex-O" or "Bass Ex-Zero"?

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 03:23 AM)

I did almost go with Vile Bass X0, because Vile is cool too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 July 2020 - 08:34 PM)

Bossk Saw

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 July 2020 - 04:16 PM)

Bass XD

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)

And its not Bass XO, its Bass X0, as in Bass, X and Zero from the Mega Man series.

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:33 PM)

@Trpodeca :( :(

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Thats what a gray rock is? Then I'm not one.

@  Trpodeca : (07 July 2020 - 02:12 PM)

Man I just learnt about what seemed like a really cool show, only to realize it was a dream and it dosen't really exist.

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 01:02 PM)

Just something I read that I wanted to share. I heard "gray rock" mentioned in a video, so I looked it up and that was the definition.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 July 2020 - 12:20 PM)

It's a fancy way of saying "Ignore annoying people".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (07 July 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Bass XO has a habit of pasting random drivel here as if doing so were profound.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 July 2020 - 11:30 AM)

And this would be in relation to... what exactly?

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 11:25 AM)

"One strategy for dealing with a narcissist or sociopath is to act like a "gray rock," meaning that you become uninteresting and unresponsive. You don't feed their needs for drama or attention. You don't show emotion, say anything interesting, or disclose any personal information"

@  Nevermore : (06 July 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Oh wow. Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee is awesome. His articulation is amazing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (06 July 2020 - 11:18 AM)

Oof-

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

I got Studio Series 39 Cogman yesterday and woke up to find he'd decapitated my titans returns figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 July 2020 - 10:19 PM)

If I had a sarcasm powered mouth.. ooohh waaaiiittt...

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 05:01 PM)

Heh

@  Bass X0 : (04 July 2020 - 02:56 PM)

"If I had sarcasm-powered legs, I'd do a happy dance...!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 July 2020 - 02:39 PM)

The real clones were the friends we made along the way.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 01:47 PM)

So the Emperor in episodes 1 through 6 was a clone?

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:47 AM)

(And the 0th anniversary of the last time I couldn't do math.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Today is the 24th anniversary of the day we fought off an alien invasion with the help of Will Smith.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Oh the end of the Ottoman Empire of course.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 10:14 AM)

*ahem* 4th of July....

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 08:14 AM)

Nothing of importance has happened before, and nothing of importance will happen again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Nothing of importance happened today.

@  Telly : (03 July 2020 - 09:54 PM)

i want a "i survived 'rona and all i got was this lousy t-shirt"

@  TheMightyMol... : (03 July 2020 - 03:42 PM)

Slogan for 2021: "I Lived, Bitch."

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

They should make the next book in the Survivors series 'I SURVIVED CORONA VIRUS 2020'

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

YEEEE I'M A SURVIVOR-

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:59 AM)

Probably gonna assemble Devastator after work.

Photo
- - - - -

The Transformers Authentics Discussion Thread - Also featuring other evergreen-styled product

Cyberverse More Than Meets the Eye Confusion

467 replies to this topic

#381 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 3084 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:19 PM

I wish they had kept Barricade's original look, with the arms being essentially the full sides of the car and the Decepticon badge for a head with a gold face and all. This version just immediately gets lost amongst all the other G1 car bots.

#382 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 23765 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:22 PM

I appreciate that transmitter thing on Soundwave's left shoulder. It's weird to have this totally new detail on a design that's otherwise G1 Soundwave slightly made of truck.

Are you sure it's not adapted from Machine Wars Soundwave?

#383 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Thighs should be seductive.

• Supporter
  • 51472 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:38 PM

I wish they had kept Barricade's original look, with the arms being essentially the full sides of the car and the Decepticon badge for a head with a gold face and all. This version just immediately gets lost amongst all the other G1 car bots.

I think that's more true of the game model than of the Authentics one. 

Spoiler

TLK Barricade is a depressingly normal guy and a sad, sad replacement for the unique monster that was 07 Barry. But I don't think he's quite "just another car guy" - he's got a pretty distinctive build and some specific character cues. I just unfortunately don't feel that 07 Barricade really fits into anything anymore; he's very much a product of the first movie and a cast of villains that's like five dudes. 

It's a pity that this version of Barricade is the one getting carried forward for now, though. I bet RiD could have had a lot of fun with a take on the 07 version. 

Edited by Copper Bezel, 25 May 2018 - 12:39 PM.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#384 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10043 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:00 PM

Instagram user tf_fanatic_ has been posting the larger character models, which I have mirrored on the front page.

#385 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

Creator of all things Transformers

• Citizen
  • 5502 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:14 PM

People talking like these are designs for the new cartoons are going to be disappointed. Be it because there's no guarantee any of these characters will be in the show or because "Wtf?! Why are they cartoony and kiddy in this! What happened to the old art! GRIMLOCK HAS A MOUTH?!"

#386 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10043 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:36 PM

People talking like these are designs for the new cartoons are going to be disappointed. Be it because there's no guarantee any of these characters will be in the show or because "Wtf?! Why are they cartoony and kiddy in this! What happened to the old art! GRIMLOCK HAS A MOUTH?!"

Time for some of my trademark pedantry: these evergreen designs themselves will indeed not appear in Cyberverse. Rather, Cyberverse uses distinct character models spun off from the base evergreen concept.

Edited by SHIELD Agent 47, 25 May 2018 - 01:41 PM.

#387 gearshift

gearshift

insanely here for buff ROM

• Citizen
  • 2351 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:39 PM

My serfdom for a red-helmeted, white-crested Ratchet.
Please check out my Sonic the Hedgehog project on LEGO Ideas. I've been working on it for pretty much the last year and it's almost there, so any more votes would really help me out.

#388 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67286 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:55 PM

My serfdom for a red-helmeted, white-crested Ratchet.

I am glad that he's at least using the white helmet and gray crest, rather than the white helmet and red crest.  To me that's the worst of 3 possible options he's usually given.

It does cause me some displeasure that Windblade's thighs and jet front follow the T30 figure's rather than the comic or LG color schemes.

ACItEK8.png

#389 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 18400 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:58 PM

I've always liked the original Hasbro Windblade's leg color layouts better than the Takara/comic/RID one, so that's okay by me. Girl robots don't all have to be wearing panties and everybody doesn't have to have upper and lower legs that don't match.

(The original Hasbro toy's silver face and makeup are, on the other hand, much worse.)

#390 Lightbright

Lightbright
  • Citizen
  • 219 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:58 PM

The curse of Pat Lee strikes again: Optimus' tail lights are on the wrong feet  :rolleyes

#391 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 18400 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:00 PM

Whoever's photo that was Pat Lee used fifteen years ago has a lot to answer for.

#392 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 51472 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:07 PM

Time for some of my trademark pedantry: these evergreen designs themselves will indeed not appear in Cyberverse. Rather, Cyberverse uses distinct character models spun off from the base evergreen concept.

It's not pedantic. The Cyberverse designs are 90% the evergreen designs, and we're going to be seeing a lot of said designs, whether in their pure form or filtered through a given franchise. We've even seen this with Prime in Rescue Bots Academy. Small details will indeed vary in implementation, but these are the masters off which everyhting else is being struck.

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#393 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67286 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:42 PM

I've always liked the original Hasbro Windblade's leg color layouts better than the Takara/comic/RID one, so that's okay by me. Girl robots don't all have to be wearing panties and everybody doesn't have to have upper and lower legs that don't match.

In theory I agree with you, but in actual physical form the red thighs didn't look as nice.

ACItEK8.png

#394 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30377 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 25 May 2018 - 03:00 PM

In theory I agree with you, but in actual physical form the red thighs didn't look as nice.

To me, the non-T30 deco makes a nice uniform alternating color pattern from toe to head of "black toes, red shins, black thighs, red waist, black belly, red chest, black headdress".

With the T30 deco, instead of "black, red, black, red, black, red, black" that breaks up the color distribution, it's "black, red, red, black, black, red, black" providing too much of the same color in the legs and lower torso.

Edited by Sabrblade, 25 May 2018 - 03:01 PM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#395 gearshift

gearshift

insanely here for buff ROM

• Citizen
  • 2351 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 03:02 PM

I am glad that he's at least using the white helmet and gray crest, rather than the white helmet and red crest.  To me that's the worst of 3 possible options he's usually given.

How do you look at yourself in the mirror with all the wrong, terrible things you are saying? Quality of Ratchet heads is in a bell curve relationship to the quantity of red on them, with a peak at about 60%.

It's science.
Please check out my Sonic the Hedgehog project on LEGO Ideas. I've been working on it for pretty much the last year and it's almost there, so any more votes would really help me out.

#396 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 23765 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 03:09 PM

I mean, it's still just panel lines added to the usual G1 "round thing with a single piece chevron" and not the more interesting reshaping done on Animated and Prime.

#397 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 51472 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:39 PM

To me, the non-T30 deco makes a nice uniform alternating color pattern from toe to head of "black toes, red shins, black thighs, red waist, black belly, red chest, black headdress".

Much agreed. The black thighs are just a much better contrast.

I don't think I'd actually care too much about the extra red of the panties, because you get the alternating contrast either way and some figures can really benefit from tying the thighs and crotch together, but it's a little odd to pin that quirk on "because girl" considering, I dunno, the entire 1984 lineup of dudebots who have them. 

#398 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30377 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:47 PM

Much agreed. The black thighs are just a much better contrast.

I don't think I'd actually care too much about the extra red of the panties, because you get the alternating contrast either way and some figures can really benefit from tying the thighs and crotch together, but it's a little odd to pin that quirk on "because girl" considering, I dunno, the entire 1984 lineup of dudebots who have them. 

Even one such as Superman has had them.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#399 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 23765 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:59 PM

Even one such as Superman has had them.

I think you can keep the present tense considering they gave him a more retro-looking costume for Action Comics #1000.

#400 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 51472 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:05 PM

And I know the briefs derived from strongman shorts are not an Imaginarium Arcee robo-thong, but neither is any version of Windblade's panties. 

Edited by Copper Bezel, 25 May 2018 - 05:05 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users