Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (24 May 2020 - 12:30 PM)

Welcome. I just came into that trick myself recently, so happy to share.

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 12:05 PM)

Thanks, wonko the sane? for the tip with the cloning. That helped a lot!

@  -Wildstrike- : (24 May 2020 - 12:02 PM)

Heheh.... yes... I don't think a sniper would be very good at making a vaccine... 0.0

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 11:48 AM)

All right! Cloning my old HHD to an SSD and then swapping out the drive was successful, it would appear. Finally.

@  Bass X0 : (24 May 2020 - 11:30 AM)

Scientist Perceptor is. Sniper Perceptor less so.

@  -Wildstrike- : (24 May 2020 - 10:51 AM)

Perceptor would be more responsible.

@  -Wildstrike- : (24 May 2020 - 10:48 AM)

Oof x~x

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 10:45 AM)

He'd cure the virus, but he'd probably commit at least two crimes against nature and weaponize a third in the process.

@  -Wildstrike- : (24 May 2020 - 09:39 AM)

'Horrible consequences' would most likely happen with Brainstorm...

@  -Wildstrike- : (24 May 2020 - 08:16 AM)

Totally. And Percy's not even human. XD

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 06:50 AM)

Can't do much worse than our current government, I say go for it.

@  Sabrblade : (23 May 2020 - 10:13 PM)

Little do we realize that the Perceptor in question is the Mini-Con combiner. :p

@  -Wildstrike- : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

He would!!!

@  -Wildstrike- : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

Horrible consequences? I... Doubt that would happen.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 May 2020 - 09:55 PM)

Even if he would come up with the answer by tomorrow.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 May 2020 - 09:54 PM)

I'd rather not deal with the horrible but unintended consequences of that.

@  -Wildstrike- : (23 May 2020 - 09:52 PM)

Lets let Perceptor make a vaccine for COVID-19. Who agrees with me :)

@  -Wildstrike- : (23 May 2020 - 08:43 PM)

I'll take your word for it. =D

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 May 2020 - 08:42 PM)

Although the TV edits of Robocop do contain some hilarity

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 May 2020 - 08:41 PM)

I can't think of any instance where sanitizing a film is a good thing.

@  -Wildstrike- : (23 May 2020 - 06:42 PM)

.... and thats a good thing? :doh

@  Steevy Maximus : (23 May 2020 - 06:39 PM)

I'm watching Predator on Starz! That means it has all the language and gore uncensored!

@  Sabrblade : (23 May 2020 - 04:23 PM)

*grabs popcorn*

@  -Wildstrike- : (23 May 2020 - 12:49 PM)

*watching everyone argue* O^O

@  fourteenwings : (23 May 2020 - 10:22 AM)

By that logic we might as well just get rid of the Shoutbox wholesale! I'd rather have like 3 or 4 things stuck for a week or so than one person dominating the whole thing (no offense Nevermore).

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 May 2020 - 03:30 AM)

I would argue that "full of something one doesn't read" and "devoid of reading material" are functionally identical at the end-user level. :D

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 May 2020 - 07:58 PM)

If it emptied, it would become empty.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 May 2020 - 07:53 PM)

It would be the same effect as if the shoutbox simply emptied once or twice a week.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 May 2020 - 07:27 PM)

I don't see how having walls of the same guy on top whenever I go to any page on this site is "refreshing".

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 May 2020 - 06:10 PM)

I don't know, I find the occasional flushing of the box to be refreshing.

@  Telly : (22 May 2020 - 04:20 PM)

but its gets annoying seeing a wall of text from him that takes up most of the shoutbox

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 May 2020 - 03:53 PM)

Eh, that's just Nevermore.

@  fourteenwings : (22 May 2020 - 12:11 AM)

@Nevermore: Good rule of thumb is if you feel like you need not just multiple statements but also multiple shouts to make a point, best just make a thread.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 May 2020 - 05:36 PM)

Dude, do you just, not know when to stop?

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:35 PM)

Instead of "I have only ten hours to get all my stuff from place A to place B", it's more like "I temporarily stored 90% of my stuff in easily accessible place C in my spare time, so now I have ten hours to get the remaining 10% of my stuff over to the new place before permanently saying goodbye to the old place".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 May 2020 - 03:33 PM)

At these point you two are just repeating what you already said.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:32 PM)

Again using my "moving apartments" analogy. If you can store the stuff you don't immediately need for everyday life somewhere else, it reduces the critical time of permanently switching your primary base of residence over to the new place because there's less stuff to move when the time comes.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:30 PM)

Well, my main point is that it will speed up the system migration so I have A) less system downtime because there are fewer files to transfer before the new system can be up and running and B) it reduces the risk of something going wrong during the system migration.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 May 2020 - 06:19 AM)

If your primary is getting cleaned up anyway cause you were backing stuff up, then yeah, no reason not to. But largely, it's not a necessary step.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:33 AM)

It's like you find out that there's a fire going to break out in the house you live in soon, so you find a new place, get your entire Transformers collection into safe storage, and now all that's left are the empty cabinets which you intend to move over to your new place soon. If the fire breaks out before then, sure, you'd need to get new cabinets, but your toys are already out of the danger zone.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:27 AM)

At this point, I'm in a "if the old system crashed before the new drive arrives, it will be slightly annoying, not a complete disaster" mood.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:26 AM)

I've mostly just backed up my personal files and stuff on the external hard drive. The existing Windows installment is supposed to be directly cloned to the new drive once it arrives.

@  Hg Dragon : (21 May 2020 - 01:44 AM)

Who else has ever been so out of it that you've gotten into the shower with your glasses on?

@  Echowarrior : (20 May 2020 - 11:08 PM)

Nope. We've been forced to go with Eclipse. It sucks, and I will continue to call the people in charge of the website fascists until they give me reason to do otherwise.

@  CORVUS : (20 May 2020 - 10:20 PM)

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the new layout either. Fortunately you can stay with the old one though.

@  Liege : (20 May 2020 - 08:57 PM)

So now it matches 90% of the content.

@  Trpodeca : (20 May 2020 - 05:18 PM)

Wow the new Deviantart layout is terrible.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 May 2020 - 10:39 AM)

Are you referring to cloning your drive to install into your computer as the replacement, or are you creating an image to restore from should something unforseen occur?

@  Nevermore : (20 May 2020 - 06:36 AM)

Backing up the data not necessary for running Windows on an external drive for safekeeping, trimming down the old drive to a bare minimum, then migrating the old drive to the new one.

@  Nevermore : (20 May 2020 - 06:35 AM)

Yes, but it will make direct migration faster, no?

Photo

Your preferred next Marvel movie?

33 replies to this topic

#21 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5442 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:25 AM

I've got the Marvel Legends Darkhawk figure displayed prominently on my desk. Love that guy, and would love to see him turn up in the MCU or even the Netflix side stories. Pretty relevant early history with the police brutality angle of Savage Steel. Also Tony Stark connection since that armor was based on his own designs.

I didn't know that existed. Looks like I need to pick something up soon.

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#22 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47592 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 24 September 2017 - 10:48 AM

Not a huge fan of the split wing design on the figure, but I fully acknowledge there's really no way to do wings justice in non-statue form.

#23 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9432 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 24 September 2017 - 01:54 PM

Most of my desires are just shifing all the X-men/FF rights away from Fox. While Logan and Deadpool proves they can do some things right Most of the X-men Movies have been subpar to the MCU. While it would be odd to shoehorn in mutants now post Inhumans, I'd still like to see it done. And the FF. I feel Reed would be easy to pull in as a contemporary to Stark or Bruce similar to their "Heroes Reborn" backstory With Pym, Tony, Doom, Banner all being college friends and peers. Now obviously Pyms a bit too old for that backstory but I could still see Tony actually funding Reeds research and helping catapult them towards the FF's origin.

Of course that's all out of the question for now so......How about a Widow/Hawkeye movie? I think it'd be cool to see a spy thriller with the two of them.

Or go the course of what the end of Civil War could of set up and start the Thunderbolts. I don't care if they go completely classic or try something more contemporary. Have Gen Ross (or Secretary now) use the Raft as his staging ground to start his own team using his inmates. May be a bit too close to Suicide Squad that way. Or maybe post revival Bucky reluctantly leads the group. Or heck merge both my ideas and bring in Hawkeye, Widow, Winter Soldier and then lead the T-bolts. Just as long as Songbird is involved I'll at least be happy.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#24 Strafe

Strafe

Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Validating
  • 11525 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:15 PM

Would it be greedy if I said Rocket and Groot?

I'd love to see the Annihilation event in movie form.

#25 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47592 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:26 PM

Is it wrong if the FF ever do make it to the MCU, I hope they take Reed down his Ultimate Universe path? Reed "The Maker" is so much more interesting.

#26 Telly

Telly

god of kingdom come

• Retired Staff
  • 8569 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 04:03 PM

i think im the only one that DOESNT want the ff or xmen in the mcu. i would like to see dr doom in the mcu though. and wolverine but only if jackmans playing him. other than that, i think theyve got more than enough characters that theyd just make the place way too crowded if they came back

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#27 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 9432 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 04:09 PM

No just no. Reed should be Reed and the crazy science can stick with Doom. While I don't mind Maker as an alternate take on the character it should never be the main version of him.

I just want the family team dynamic the FF has always tried to achieve. Heck I don't care if we even fast forward a bit and Reed and Sue are already married before they get their powers. Really I think the first two Fox films did this well already but not good enough. We just need science minded Reed with a Sue that keeps him grounded, an annoying Johnny that can get on peoples nerves but has the heart that counts and a strong yet somewhat brooding Ben that's the muscle and glue that holds them together. Don't need the will they/won't they of the first two Fox films Reed and Sue and get a decent replacement for Chris Evans. Heck I'd welcome back Chilkis as Ben. I thought he was perfect for the role. The costume wasn't the best but I liked his take on Thing.

But here's the sticky part of the thing in my mind. Use someone other than Doom in the first attempt. I don't mind if he's in the background like Thanos has been but Doom is worth the wait if they could get him right. Heck I'd almost reattempt the same origin story of the Trank film as they get their powers by opening a portal to the Negative Zone instead. Then have to fight off Blastaar or Annihilus.

#28 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47592 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:31 PM

If the Fantastic Four do get MCU integration, honestly the first movie ought to have them deal with Skrulls. Ties in with the cosmic aspect, introduces a classic Marvel baddie, and can have some fun plays on Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Then have the macguffin to identify Skrulls not come from Reed himself, but through "advanced identification software from the 'North Korea of Europe' - Latvaria."

Because if we're going to get Doom in the MCU, then I want to see Doom done right, and that means Doom can't be a malevolent antagonist.

#29 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 9432 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:11 AM

I would of said Skrulls myself if they weren't already slated to be used in Captain Marvel I believe. Though I agree on your use of Doom.

#30 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14269 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:30 AM

I want a She-Hulk netflix series.  I want it to be a legal drama.  She's a DA and the only one whose willing to prosecute super criminals who threaten all who try and enforce the law against them.  By day she puts them away, by night she kicks ass when their people try to exact revenge.  

"Why does history repeat itself? Because God doesn't have TiVo."

Wounds of honor are always self inflicted.

#31 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36705 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:01 AM

I want a She-Hulk netflix series.  I want it to be a legal drama.  She's a DA and the only one whose willing to prosecute super criminals who threaten all who try and enforce the law against them.  By day she puts them away, by night she kicks ass when their people try to exact revenge.  

Honestly, introduce her in Daredevil like Punisher, cuase really, Might as well  get both your lawyer characters in one show on case toeather or somehow against each other (you know typical Hero vs Hero 1st meetign drama, but in a courtroom) and out of the way before moving on to a full series. 

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#32 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10512 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:54 PM

Just tossing this one out. 

If you could have any character or team get a one-off theatrical, who would it be? 

Sentry, around phase 6-ish time, long after the current crop of phase 1-ish characters has retired.

Do his original Marvel Knights series, but also use it for a celebration of the MCU.

Bring in older (now retired from the role) actors to portray the characters again.  Make it kind of a big reuinion.

Use CG techniques to insert the Sentry in Phase 1 era footage, showing how he's always been around.

Spoiler for the Marvel Knights eries

Spoiler

Edited by Undead Scottsman, 28 September 2017 - 09:59 PM.

MSzBav1.jpg

#33 000

• Citizen
  • 2803 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:09 PM

I still want an adventure with the android Human Torch, but that would probably be done better as an Agents Of SHIELD thing rather than a movie.

#34 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

Maker of Toy Box Comix

• Citizen
  • 9427 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:19 PM

I really want to see Namor pop up somewhere.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users