Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Sabrblade : (21 June 2021 - 08:58 PM)

Daddy!

@  Kalidor : (21 June 2021 - 04:50 PM)

Not just any girl - your mom!

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 June 2021 - 08:19 AM)

Happy Knocked-Up-A-Girl Day!

@  Bass X0 : (20 June 2021 - 02:13 AM)

Happy father's day!

@  Hot Rod Mustang : (19 June 2021 - 07:45 PM)

what up sluts?

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 June 2021 - 07:20 PM)

Only 6? Filthy casual.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 June 2021 - 04:26 PM)

Multiplaying as in "playing with other people" or multiplaying as in "6 WoW accounts running at the same time"?

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 June 2021 - 01:45 PM)

Oh no! Darkeklaw is multiplaying! (See birthday box)

@  tigerhawk : (19 June 2021 - 11:54 AM)

In my Marvel comic canon the second wave of special teams were handpicked active robots whose experience would theoretically make more stable combiners, the Combaticons came from Cybertron, the Protectobots were imprinted from crystals explaining both Onslauhghts ancestry and First Aid's experience.

@  Dekafox : (18 June 2021 - 05:24 PM)

Spotlight: Lioconvoy?

@  Bass X0 : (18 June 2021 - 04:15 PM)

How long until IDW puts out an Optimus Pride Month comic?

@  Cyoti : (18 June 2021 - 03:32 PM)

Even with B5, it didn't follow its original 5-year plan. Summaries from the supplementary materials for the scriptbooks demonstrates that was originally planned was very different from the actual product. Sinclair's actor's departure seemingly changed the show to the point that the stuff with the Vorlons/Shadows, the Minbari and the ending were all changed. Mapping out a show years in advance is difficult because of changing bts stuff like writers/actors leaving the show or suddenly having to retool because of ratings/execs. No plan survives intact especially in a chaotic environment of television production.

@  Rycochet : (18 June 2021 - 11:27 AM)

To be like Babylon 5, you need to cram a 2 season story arc into one because you fear being cancelled, then get further seasons you have no more material for. You also need a spinoff which the network heads don't want and do everything in their power to kill it while it's on air.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 June 2021 - 10:33 AM)

The required effort is probably why we don't have babylon 6; TNG.

@  Dekafox : (18 June 2021 - 10:23 AM)

Everyone wants to be like Babylon 5 but no one wants to put in the effort

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 09:36 AM)

And then, after five years of hosting their own official podcast where they would answer fan questions and always encouraged their audience to pay attention to the mysteries, after the show had ended, they claimed the show was never really about the mysteries, it was all about the characters.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 09:34 AM)

What really bugs me with "Lost" is that the producers had willfully negotiated a set end date with the network halfway through season 3 (the show ended with season 6, as planned) specifically so they could plan out the plot for the remainder of the show. Then... the plot wasn't resolved properly.

@  tigerhawk : (18 June 2021 - 04:17 AM)

By then I had lost interest in arc TV shows, I followed a few and got the impression they were just making them up as they went along. Seemed to be a trend starting with new Galactica and Lost though in actuality began with The X Files and has become a trope called 'The Chris Carter Effect'.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:12 AM)

I think it was season 3 part 1 specifically, since they had two separate plot "arcs" for season 3.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:11 AM)

They threw everything in there, with no clear story structure, no clear stakes, and characters flip-flopping wherever the episode's writer needed them to go for their half-baked plot.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:10 AM)

Season 3 was the worst, with a terrible meandering random events plot.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 11:59 PM)

'save the cheerleader' then in season 3 he tears her skull open, scans her power and she simply heals. They didn't think any of it through.

@  Shockwave 75 : (17 June 2021 - 07:04 PM)

Well, you know Hollywood; if something's popular, run it into the ground!

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

And then there was the Writers' Strike, which isn't the show's fault.

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

Yeah, Sylar should've been, if not killed off, at least left to rest.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

It never truly recovered from that.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

Season 1 was good until the finale.

@  Paladin : (17 June 2021 - 09:37 AM)

because it sucked.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 08:58 AM)

Heroes was cancelled twice.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 06:33 AM)

The song's official name is "Holding Out for a Hero".

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 June 2021 - 12:54 AM)

That's a long time to wait for a sandwich.

@  Maruten : (16 June 2021 - 07:13 PM)

Lucky there's a hero arriving in July.

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 June 2021 - 05:38 PM)

I think I've heard "I Need a Hero" more times this past week than I have in the past several years.

@  tigerhawk : (16 June 2021 - 12:41 PM)

Thanks to Earthrise I can recreate the end of Return of Optimus Prime part 1.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 June 2021 - 11:19 AM)

I wish they would do something like that here: but then it would become obvious in which provinces you're getting gouged.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

Here in Germany, the price you see is the price you pay, tax included.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

I always find it weaird hearing that stores in the US don't initially already taxes in their prices.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 04:33 AM)

You know what's kewl? Poor literacy.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 June 2021 - 04:31 PM)

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

@  CORVUS : (15 June 2021 - 04:12 PM)

Kewl. Thanks!

@  Kalidor : (15 June 2021 - 02:08 PM)

Hey everybody! I wanted to announce that Sarahthecutevixen is our newest addition to the Allspark staff. She's primarily looking over discord stuff, but I wanted to make sure she got a welcome over here as well.

@  NovaSaber : (14 June 2021 - 11:07 AM)

Turn-Bass RPG

@  Sabrblade : (14 June 2021 - 10:21 AM)

Do not X0 quietly into the night.

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 June 2021 - 10:13 AM)

All your Bass are--

@  Donocropolis : (14 June 2021 - 05:56 AM)

*Bass X0 not available in Alaska or Hawaii.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2021 - 07:36 PM)

Get your own Big Mouth BassX0 for the low price of $19.95 (plusshippingandhandling)

@  repowers : (13 June 2021 - 12:45 PM)

Mr. Speaker, we are for the Bass X0.

@  Nevermore : (13 June 2021 - 06:04 AM)

It's all about that Bass XD.

@  tigerhawk : (13 June 2021 - 02:16 AM)

Will altering the moons orbit in any way help.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 June 2021 - 01:51 AM)

Now that you have seen this Bass XO, you must send it to five other Bass XOs or BassXO will come to you in a week and then you too will be BassXO.

Photo
- - - - -

Transformers: Cyberverse Cartoon General Discussion

1457 replies to this topic

#981 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 4221 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 10:13 AM

TvTropes is a fan-edited site and the cartoon area is composed entirely of people nerdy enough to care about the minor details of children's cartoons.
It's like a Wiki but with even less quality control due to too much stuff to keep track of.

That is a breeding ground for genuinely the stupidest and more clueless group of people you could possibly get. Just ignore it.

Agreed.  I remember one time there in the section on Crapsack World, someone decided to put an entry in about how it applied to one of Lady Gaga's videos.  Said person also put in Lady Gaga entries into a ton of other topics,  I think it has been cleaned up by now, but it was very annoying at the time.

#982 RichardT1977

RichardT1977
  • Citizen
  • 824 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 11:02 AM

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I think the biggest clue that this is divergent from previous Aligned TV series is the fact that the characters have noses.

#983 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

Creator of all things Transformers

• Citizen
  • 5565 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 28 September 2018 - 10:26 AM

Characters ahd noses sometimes in Prime and the games and even comics tied to Prime. Not really a sign of anything!

Just saw Episode 5 on the CN App, it was fun but Slipstream's actress has... well, she has an evil laugh that doesn't exactly scare anyone.

#984 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 19396 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 10:35 AM

At least two RID-specific molds (Slipstream and Stormshot) have noses too for some reason.

This has nothing to do with obviously-a-new-continuity Cyberverse. I just think it's weird.

(Why Slipstream but not Jetstorm?!)

#985 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

• Citizen
  • 5565 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 12:07 PM

Stormshot was atleast designed by a Hasbro guy personally, so you can chalk it up to "guy that isnt from the show's art staff doesn't totally get the show's art style" much like Oil Slick from TFA or all the non-movie Movie toys.

But Slipstream is anybody's guess.

#986 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 9850 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:37 PM

Check your cable providers and your CN apps and whatnot, 'cause Xfinity two new eps available, both OnDemand via cable box and on their website: Episode 5, "Whiteout," which premieres on Cartoon Network tomorrow, and episode 6, "Megatron Is My Hero," which debuts next week. 

#987 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35142 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 11:22 AM

it's not immediately apparent but Slipstream has a completely different head design from Nova Storm.

pKCx81G.png

tumblr_inline_pftbmrhYvl1vfvbji_1280.png

She has a broader jaw, and lacks the markings around her optics that Nova Storm has.

Speaking of eye markings, each of the seekers have different ones. Thundercracker's draw down from the bottom of his eyes and separate his cheeks entirely from his face, while Acid Storm's are points like Nova Storm's, except they point down from the inner corners of his eyes as opposed to the outer as it does with her's.

I dunno. It's a small thing but it's nice how they're using little touches like this to diversify the Seekers.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#988 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 18620 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 29 September 2018 - 02:50 PM

Looks like the CN ap has added the Whiteout episode but not the Megatron one.

-ZacWilliam, I like that they made Slipstream the unit leader on Earth and didn't jump right to Starscream.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#989 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

• Citizen
  • 5565 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 03:25 PM

Megatron episode has a preview clip. Shockwave's a funny guy.

#990 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Administrator
  • 41262 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 30 September 2018 - 11:53 AM

Episode 5 is up on Youtube!

https://www.allspark...outube-channel/

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#991 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32571 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 30 September 2018 - 12:03 PM

Episode 5 is up on Youtube!

https://www.allspark...outube-channel/

And in the Episode 5 thread.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#992 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35142 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 12:04 PM

there's another new clip

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

#993 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

• Citizen
  • 5565 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 12:59 PM

"hugging JETS!!!"

-Bumblebee

#994 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35142 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 01:56 PM

so, confirmation Windblade is a Camien.

#995 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 9850 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 03:25 PM

A bit surprised Blurr isn't doing the fast-talking G1/Animated bit. Probably better this way.

#996 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

• Citizen
  • 5565 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 07:28 PM

All TFA dubs I saw had to use sped-up audio to match Blurr's talking style and it ended up sounding horrible, so maybe this was done for the sake of international audience.

#997 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 4024 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 07:36 PM

Any chance of an upload for Canada?

#998 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

• Citizen
  • 5565 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 07:38 PM

https://www.genmirror.com/

Always use this when I need to access youtube region locked videos, might work for you.

#999 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40686 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 30 September 2018 - 07:38 PM

look all i want is a warrior blurr toy so i can have a sweet not-actually-just-drift idw blurr

#1000 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32571 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 08:42 PM

Any chance of an upload for Canada?

There's now a region free link to Episode 5 over in the episode's thread.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users