Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2020 - 02:15 PM)

Gnarly.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 September 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Beast Era, a blonde rat called Sunsqueaker.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 September 2020 - 01:00 PM)

And then Knockout was in the wall again.

@  Sabrblade : (24 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Knockout: "Ooh, sorry, Lord Megatron. The correct word was... 'Decepticon'."

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 September 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Knockout: *while doing a crossword puzzle* Lord Megatron, whats a ten letter word for disappointment? | Megatron: ...... Starscream.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 September 2020 - 01:20 PM)

@Bass X0 Shockwave did it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 11:56 AM)

At least it's not Suntwerker.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

I read that name as "suntweaker" the first time, and was terrified for a moment...

@  Bass X0 : (23 September 2020 - 03:41 AM)

Prowl did nothing wrong.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 01:50 AM)

Smashy, Stabby, Selfy, and Shieldy.

@  Xero Prime : (22 September 2020 - 08:52 PM)

RunFast, MuckyTrail, TrackBreaker and Sunstreaker

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 September 2020 - 06:16 AM)

Runamuck, Fasttrack, Sunstreaker, and Trailbreaker.

@  Nevermore : (22 September 2020 - 06:13 AM)

Cardboard and plastic.

@  Paladin : (22 September 2020 - 05:52 AM)

what's IN Wave 3, anyway?

@  Telly : (21 September 2020 - 06:35 PM)

i dont think theyre due for release until november. at least thats when target says ill get trailbreaker and sunstreaker. thought the wiki says theyre out in singapore

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 September 2020 - 06:01 PM)

Has wave 3 actually reached anywhere yet?

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 September 2020 - 04:40 PM)

A few more Bearimy's for Earthrise wave 3 to reach the UK

@  Spiritofeigh... : (20 September 2020 - 05:07 PM)

Cheers pal.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 September 2020 - 04:42 PM)

Welcome aboard!

@  Spiritofeigh... : (20 September 2020 - 04:38 PM)

Hey, new to the boards

@  RichardT1977 : (20 September 2020 - 02:29 PM)

I had an idea for a Spiral Zone/Go-Busters crossover fanfic...

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 06:35 PM)

I loved what was there, and think it's pretty ripe for "renegades" style reboot.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 03:13 PM)

It's a shame as I loved Spiral Zone, and the design from the Japanese Toyline of the same name are fantastic, I adore the monowheel motorbike.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 03:12 PM)

Hasbro doesn't seem to have any interest in doing anything with the TV show, haven't greenlit any attempt to rerelease it, and there have been approaches, so I think it may be aother one of Tonka's legal carcrashes where everyone involved owns a piece and it's not really worth anyone sticking their neck out to claim ownership.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 01:47 PM)

I feel that homages and references would be a fun way to expand the GI Joe brand, and give a little love to lines that are unlikely to be acknowledged beyond such capacity.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 01:47 PM)

I was under the impression that Bandai was more the character design aspects, not story or characters.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 12:55 PM)

Also isn't it in rights limbo, given how it's loosely based on concepts from a BanDai series much like GoBots?

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 12:52 PM)

We don't need a Spiral Zone reboot, in a decade or so we'll be living it.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 12:49 PM)

Yeah, but it would fundamentally change the base premise of both gijoe and spiral zone. It's either not the world spanning threat it was, or the zone riders are backed up by a competent force. Either way, you compromise the context of both.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:19 PM)

Akin to what was done with Matt Tracker in 2008.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:18 PM)

Again, not a PURE transplant, but an integration of ideas and concepts into the world of GI Joe.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:18 PM)

@Wonko The Cobra Overlord, with help from Dr. Mindbender and Cesspool, develops machines capable of generating a mind-controlling fog. GI Joe stalwarts Flint, Airtight, Lifeline, and Psyche-Out are joined by Colonal Courage to infiltrate these zones and disable the machines. Figures would sport hostile environment suits (Eco warriors cross with Spiral Zone) and make new versions of the mono-wheel vehicles.

@  Maximus Ambus : (19 September 2020 - 09:39 AM)

Hasbroverse.2 with bought properties: Bravestarr, Ulysses 31, Galaxy Rangers, Shadow Raiders, Manta Force, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Mighty Orbots, Jem and Bigfoot and the Muscle Machines. Seamless.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 08:32 AM)

While acknoledging spiral zone would be pretty boss, I doubt they could actively integrate it into anything else: given the scale of the villains deeds.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 08:03 AM)

COPS, Spiral Zone, Shadow Strikers, Action Man, Centurions, MegaForce. They wouldn’t replicate the old lines, but simply acknowledging their existence would be nifty.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 08:01 AM)

I would love to see GI Joe become something of a “celebration of action figures”. Hasbro has SO MANY old action figure properties, and many could slot into the GI Joe umbrella with relative ease.

@  Otaku : (19 September 2020 - 12:04 AM)

G.I. Joe, CyberCOPS, and M.A.S.K. all seem like something that would work from Animated or Prime, though CyberCOPS might have been a bit trickier from Prime.

@  Sabrblade : (18 September 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Rik Alvarez originally wanted the last episode of Prime to spinoff into a new MASK reboot.

@  Otaku : (18 September 2020 - 08:19 PM)

The failed Hasbroverse reminds me how so many things could have been spun off from Transformers: Animated and (after that) Transformers: Prime.

@  ▲ndrusi : (18 September 2020 - 12:43 PM)

Requiem of the Wreckers was post-Revolution, but it was also, you know, a single issue.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 September 2020 - 11:06 AM)

But Roche didn't have a series to keep out from the crossovers since Sins of the Wreckers was before Revolution.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 September 2020 - 11:01 AM)

Oh wait, that post said Roche, not Barber.

@  Rycochet : (18 September 2020 - 10:46 AM)

And then seemed surprised nobody particlarly wanted it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 September 2020 - 10:25 AM)

Wasn't Barber among the editorial guys that pushed for Hasbroverse?

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 September 2020 - 10:19 AM)

He did it possibly due to 616 Spider-Mans marriage reset between Civil War and Secret Invasion.

@  ▲ndrusi : (18 September 2020 - 09:20 AM)

Bendis kept a tight leash on Ultimate Spider-Man because it was mostly set far away from Earth?

@  -LittleAutob... : (18 September 2020 - 08:49 AM)

I'm learning so much-

@  Maruten : (18 September 2020 - 04:21 AM)

At its worst it was better than MASK, sure.

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 September 2020 - 02:15 AM)

At it's worst it still stomped all over the failed Hasbroverse. Roberts and Roche kept their respective series well out of that one for the same reasons Bendis kept a tight leash on Ultimate Spider-Man when Loeb and Miller wanted greater control for Ultimatum.

@  Maruten : (17 September 2020 - 06:37 PM)

That's so accurate it's physically painful.

Photo
- - - - -

Transformers: Cyberverse Cartoon General Discussion

1425 replies to this topic

#1 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67797 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:14 PM

Not sure if the Allspark covered this, but here is a link to the coverage:

http://news.tfw2005....day-2017-346226

Most interesting thing is the new Cyberverse TV series coming.  Doesn't seem to be a continuation of RID based on the description.

Randy

ACItEK8.png

#2 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 24000 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:21 PM

Older audience will receive the continuation of the Machinima series.

This just sounds mean.

#3 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 5059 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:33 PM

...Is that a new Optimus Prime toy?  In the "Transformers Across Categories" slide, it shows a REALLY G1 Optimus Prime, including a seemingly G1 Transformation scheme (see the headlights on the back of his hands and the "gap" on the under arm).  Our first look at the Cyberverse line?  Looks a bit complex to be the "base robot" for the Power of the Primes Optimus Prime figure, but I guess it could be that one.

I'm really curious about Cyberverse, looks like a whole "neo G1" concept, given Hasbro's usage of G1 in Transformers marketing it does make sense.  Not sure how to determine the "TV and online" notation at this stage.  Sounds like it might be like Mixels or maybe JLA where the short episodes run on TV and later available online or something like that.

Edited by Steevy Maximus, 03 August 2017 - 01:35 PM.

#4 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 9799 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:40 PM

So then "Rescue Bots Academy" is an 11-min-per-ep TV series and then separately there's "My Rescue Bots Adventure," the YouTube thing?

#5 Sockie

Sockie
  • Citizen
  • 1940 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:40 PM

Some of those Micronauts designs are... different. Not sure I like that Karza.

Rom having a gun that looks like something out of Halo is also weird.

#6 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 9799 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:48 PM

If "Cyberverse" is a reboot rather than an RID sequel,  I'm thinking "Rescue Bots Academy" is most likely a reboot too, and thus ends the Aligned continuity. 

#7 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 24000 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:52 PM

...Is that a new Optimus Prime toy?  In the "Transformers Across Categories" slide, it shows a REALLY G1 Optimus Prime, including a seemingly G1 Transformation scheme (see the headlights on the back of his hands and the "gap" on the under arm).  Our first look at the Cyberverse line?  Looks a bit complex to be the "base robot" for the Power of the Primes Optimus Prime figure, but I guess it could be that one.

It's a licensed non-transforming thing that I don't remember what it's called.

#8 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:57 PM

It's a licensed non-transforming thing that I don't remember what it's called.

That's not Flame Toys or Hot Toys Prime, so I'm not sure to what you're referring.  I'm betting it's the unseen cab Deluxe mode for the PotP Leader Optimus, personally.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#9 Broadside

Broadside

#HaulOfFame

• Citizen
  • 11072 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:59 PM

That's a new Movie Bumblebee design, right?

Also... if the new cartoon is going to be "G1 redux" (euhhh), I wonder if those Optimus and Bumblebee designs we've seen floating around really are for the new series?

Edited by Broadside, 03 August 2017 - 02:02 PM.

unknown.png

#10 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 23047 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:00 PM

Hero of steel apparently
https://www.bigbadto...onDetails/20926

#11 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:03 PM

Hah, had never even heard of that thing before.

#12 unitremover

unitremover
  • Retired Staff
  • 1537 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:03 PM

Good to finally know why kids love Bumblebee. Also I love Rom's weird, giant super murder gun.

I... don't know what it means that they're using a screencap of the original cartoon to represent Cyberverse? Like... is it a new thing or is it weird, edited versions of the old cartoon? Is it like Action Blast? I hope it's like Action Blast.

#13 Broadside

Broadside

#HaulOfFame

• Citizen
  • 11072 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:05 PM

The idea of "dark and gritty MASK" and "Space Marine Rom" don't particularly appeal to me, and the Micronauts stuff is... sure? Not a big fan of the designs and I have no idea why they've gone with a blue Acroyear - plus it doesn't look very "GOTG inspired" like I was expecting - but it looks alright for what it is. In the end, I'll probably be fine with whatever, since I'll still have IDW's Rom and Transformers. Probably.

unknown.png

#14 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 23047 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:07 PM

Rom looks like he's on a Call of Duty cover

#15 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:07 PM

Good to finally know why kids love Bumblebee. Also I love Rom's weird, giant super murder gun.

I... don't know what it means that they're using a screencap of the original cartoon to represent Cyberverse? Like... is it a new thing or is it weird, edited versions of the old cartoon? Is it like Action Blast? I hope it's like Action Blast.

Could be the new name for that "Transformers Authentics" line that was in the leak.

#16 Daniel Adkins

Daniel Adkins
  • Retired Staff
  • 1646 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:09 PM

Some of those Micronauts designs are... different. Not sure I like that Karza.

Rom having a gun that looks like something out of Halo is also weird.

Considering that one year they used a fan-made MASK movie poster, I don't take any of these mock-ups at face value.

#17 Broadside

Broadside

#HaulOfFame

• Citizen
  • 11072 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:11 PM

Well, I mean. That's definitely the toyset's Oberon.

This is, at the very least, a direction they're considering, and I'm not particularly warm towards any of it.

unknown.png

#18 Daniel Adkins

Daniel Adkins
  • Retired Staff
  • 1646 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:18 PM

The Micronauts one could be likely because we know that that's something that's been in more development than the rest for some time now. I'm not as convinced that ROM and MASK are anywhere close to final. Regardless, I hope to the Gods of Galador AND Elonia that isn't supposed to be Rom's Neutralizer.

#19 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 13607 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:26 PM

are they moving off Cartoon Network or still stuck there?

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#20 Broadside

Broadside

#HaulOfFame

• Citizen
  • 11072 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:27 PM

The Micronauts one could be likely because we know that that's something that's been in more development than the rest for some time now. I'm not as convinced that ROM and MASK are anywhere close to final. Regardless, I hope to the Gods of Galador AND Elonia that isn't supposed to be Rom's Neutralizer.

Yeah, I'm not suggesting that these are definitely finalised. Just that I'm not thrilled that they're considering this direction - gritty MASK would inevitably be dull as all hell, and "Rom the Space Marine" would seem to lack everything I like about him.

unknown.png

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users