Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  MEDdMI : (24 June 2019 - 08:54 AM)

yeah, I've got a few others that I need to check out/get removed. The nose one is small but annoying since I hit it every time I blow my nose.

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2019 - 08:46 AM)

Try to get a histopath examination if it isn't too expensive over there. It's probably just a mole but I'd think certainty would be better.

@  MEDdMI : (24 June 2019 - 07:59 AM)

@unluckiness I know, plan to get it removed but gotta get an appt first

@  Gizmoboy : (24 June 2019 - 07:50 AM)

oops... typed that in the wrong field. :)

@  Gizmoboy : (24 June 2019 - 07:50 AM)

gizmoboy

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2019 - 03:18 AM)

That is not a good thing, especially in the long term

@  MEDdMI : (23 June 2019 - 10:17 PM)

So who wants to hear about this mole on my nose that I keep scratching open

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 June 2019 - 09:24 PM)

Yeah, it's kind of defeating the purpose of making political discussions more restricted if you're just gonna go at it elsewhere on this site.

@  Telly : (23 June 2019 - 07:06 PM)

that would probly fit better in the p & r thread. its there for things just like this

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:29 PM)

The citizens resisted by buying up all the town's beer reserves so the Nazis would have to stay sober the entire time.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:28 PM)

Meanwhile, congratulations civil resistance, part 2: So a group of Nazis were holding one of their Good Old Times Reenactment festivals in a small East German town.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:26 PM)

It's basically like an anti-Trump candidate winning Texas.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:25 PM)

The mayoral elections of Istanbul are considered to be a key indicator for the political climate in the entire country.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:24 PM)

This time, it was a landslide victory for the opposition's candidate.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:23 PM)

After president Erdogan had a court revoke the results of the mayoral election of Istanbul after the opposition party's candidate had won by a small margin, the election was repeated today.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:21 PM)

Congratulations, democracy part 1: Today is a historic day for Turkey.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 June 2019 - 02:31 PM)

Convert, does he timeout?

@  unluckiness : (23 June 2019 - 09:12 AM)

Did he form the feet and legs or the arms and body?

@  Patch : (22 June 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Nah, he was one of the Lions

@  MEDdMI : (22 June 2019 - 04:45 PM)

Is he a Shellformer

@  Nevermore : (22 June 2019 - 12:38 PM)

Supposedly it's about that football player Calvin Johnson.

@  Pennpenn : (22 June 2019 - 07:03 AM)

I'm vaguely confused why there is a Nicki Minaj song in my youtube reccomendations, but even more confused as to why that song (which appears to be from an official account) is called "MEGATRON".

@  Liege : (21 June 2019 - 10:03 PM)

Alpha Q all night long.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (21 June 2019 - 10:44 AM)

Only if you ask nicely, Silv.

@  RichardT1977 : (21 June 2019 - 09:42 AM)

1998 Zilla is the Gaijin era.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 June 2019 - 01:59 AM)

Alpha Q?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (21 June 2019 - 01:16 AM)

Alpha Q, and U, but not U.

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 June 2019 - 08:55 PM)

KISS Players

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 June 2019 - 07:15 PM)

Ultra Q

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 June 2019 - 03:15 PM)

So which series is 90s American Godzilla?

@  Dekafox : (20 June 2019 - 03:12 PM)

So G1 Marvel would be Showa Transformers then

@  NotVeryKnightly : (20 June 2019 - 12:37 PM)

Yes.

@  RichardT1977 : (20 June 2019 - 12:05 PM)

Is it weeby of me to refer to the two IDW TF continuities as Heisei and Reiwa? I mean, the switchover almost perfectly lines up with the change of eras...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 June 2019 - 10:35 AM)

I hate when the spicy version of something isn't spicy!

@  Pennpenn : (20 June 2019 - 08:43 AM)

I hate it when the spicy version of something is in almost identical packaging to the non-spicy version. Especially when I don't notice until I've got home.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 June 2019 - 05:44 PM)

They make a lot of pills for that.

@  Nevermore : (19 June 2019 - 05:42 PM)

I got the results of the test back. I definitely have no sense of humor.

@  Paladin : (18 June 2019 - 05:59 PM)

so anyway how is your sex life?

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 June 2019 - 10:50 AM)

These jokes are tearing me apart.

@  unluckiness : (18 June 2019 - 08:55 AM)

Only if the customer reviews give it all high marks.

@  Patch : (18 June 2019 - 04:42 AM)

Are they going to call it "I-Did-Nawtflix?"

@  unluckiness : (18 June 2019 - 12:48 AM)

I see, so what the world needs is a Tommy Wiseau streaming service.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 June 2019 - 11:02 PM)

Well, Conan did start the trend that resulted in a wave of Barbarian films in the mid to late 80s

@  MEDdMI : (17 June 2019 - 10:57 PM)

I keep wanting to read Corman as Conan

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 June 2019 - 10:29 PM)

There needs to be some streaming service that caters to connoisseurs of schlock. Otherwise, a huge part of our cultural history will be wiped away. While many of these films are available on blu-ray, with more coming out each month, it's good they're also available for the streaming crowd.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 June 2019 - 10:18 PM)

Corman did make an impressive number of barbarian films back in the day. If impressive is the word

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 June 2019 - 08:11 PM)

I mean, where else are you going to see the entire Roger Corman barbarian fantasy library (legally) for free?

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 June 2019 - 08:09 PM)

Oh Tubi TV, you are a haven for terrible films. Netflix, Hulu and Crackle all push for mainstream appeal and prestige, you got the guts to have ready access to dregs even the SyFy channel wouldn't air

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 01:33 PM)

Also you have Bayonetta and a bunch of Fire Emblem people.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 01:33 PM)

...I mean, Tales character. Probably up to/for it.

Photo

Titan Comics launches new Robotech book (with Simon Furman?!)

103 replies to this topic

#61 Telly

Telly

Killing forums since 1999!

• Retired Staff
  • 7869 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 13 December 2018 - 07:09 AM

Well i am a team player after all ;)

I keep reading because its a fascinating trainwreck of a comic, and i cant wait to see the idiocy they come up with each issue. And i have nothing else to do with my time lol

I also read it cause i know where to read it online for free. Sure as hell aint payin for this

I went and checked to see when minmei=stardom. She was actually rejected for macross has talent, so it wasnt from that, and i havent found anything else yet. I guess we are just supposed to accept it cause its minmei and thats her only reason for being in the series
When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#62 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 6915 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 04:39 PM

Before this book launched, if you told me someone could publish a Robotech book so bad that I would stop reading a handful of issues in, I literally could not have believed that. Sad. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#63 Telly

Telly

• Retired Staff
  • 7869 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 05:09 PM

once they get passed the rain of death, this book COULD get very interesting. the only 2 major things of note are the robotech factory and the final battle with khyron. that leaves a lot of stuff they could fill in. lets see the establishment/rise of the southern cross. maybe they started out as a private military or security outfit. show us the development of the hover tank and the rest of the southern cross mech. and this could tie in to their origins. maybe leonard had them developed, thinking maybe the veritechs werent all that sturdy (and lets face it, they really arent). it looks like a hover tank could go toe to toe with a zentradi with no problems. of course, theyd still need air based mech, and thats where the logan comes in

lets see johnathan wolfe enter and/or graduate the academy and see his first mission.

they could even do a shortend version of the malcontent uprisings. we didnt see much of how the world works after the rain, so give us a taste of that. this is the PERFECT spot to build the heck out of the world before dropping us into the masters

but they wont do it. therell be a couple stories dealing with the aforementioned major plot points, then itll jump to the masters. assuming it even gets that far to begin with

#64 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The New Year brings New Powers!

• Staff
  • 12915 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 17 December 2018 - 04:27 PM

After reading those recaps, all i can say is... What the flippin hell is going on?!

They really seem to want 6o multiverse this 'reimagined' Robotech, don't they?

Is there ANY clue as to what zand seems to be planning. Or why?

fslookup.jpg

#65 Telly

Telly

• Retired Staff
  • 7869 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 06:45 PM

none that ive been able to figure out. i could read them again to see if i can figure something out, but that would mean reading them again lol i mean, i GUESS its a good thing that he didnt lay out his plan bond villain style, and we cant see whats coming?

#66 Telly

Telly

• Retired Staff
  • 7869 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 07:38 PM

the minmei thing is bothering me way more than it should, so im making an actual effort to figure this out

issue 7-she tells rick she applied and was rejected for macross has talent, and the prize was a record contract. 5 pages later, theres this grand stage with a "happy birthday minmei" on it, and ben says the joint is jumpin (do people still talk like that??). so far this seems to be far more elaborate than a mere street party, which was also for her birthday. seriously, this stage is professional grade. lights, amps, vid screens. and this is apparently her debut. shes singing her new song (which ISNT my time to be a star, thank god), and its being streamed all over macross. how did they cobble all this together? why??

pages later (there was an attack that interrupted the party/concert. the same attack from the miss macross ep), and rick meets up with minmei again. she says the producers of macross has talent changed their minds after seeing her viral video, and that shes in if she still wants it. but then she calls it meaningless and doesnt know what she was thinking

but i guess she changed her mind cause in issue 8 shes in the competition. oh yeah, she totally friend-zoned rick in the first couple pages tee hee

she makes a tiny appearance in issue 10, where the three spies ogle her. at least i think its her. the arts so terrible i cant tell. 

she then makes an appearance in issue 13 in the club, but only on a screen in a music video

and thats it. i honestly do NOT remember any of that. maybe i didnt even read those issues? its still not out and out said she won, but i guess its not the huge leap i thought it was.

ps. the regis actually made an appearance at the end of one issue. seems lang sent some drone thing into the stuff the fold engines left behind, and on the other end of that seems to be optera cause thats where the drone comes out. so i guess thats how the invid learn about earth in this series. not that that explains where zand got his invid from (though it probly is the same way)

sorry i didnt do more re-reading about zands plan, but it was bad enough reading for the minmei parts lol

Edited by Telly, 17 December 2018 - 07:39 PM.

#67 Telly

Telly

• Retired Staff
  • 7869 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 03:30 PM

issue 16: this issue is basically a combination of miriyas going into the sdf from farewell big brother and bursting point

so rick and max are fighting miriya in the sdf, while some ground forces (hopelessly) fight the invid-2 of the red crab-like scouts and 1 big blue shock trooper. on the bridge, lisa is trying to get the sdf to earth to unload the civvies. she gets a call from the head of ontario saying that lisa is late, shes put a lot on the line for her and not to disappoint her. cant imagine how this is gonna end!

deep in the sdf, roy taunts zand abut his plan (which i still havent figured out. i may need to go and do a re read...), to which zand reveals rick and roy are half brothers, and i guess rick somehow figures into the plan. but zand decides everyones had enough play time so he shuts the door to invid space, but not before a mysterious figure comes through...

in alaska, admiral hayes is preparing to fire the grand cannon at the sdf because they wont go back into space. thats hilarious

back in space, khyron asks azonia how much longer they have to fight before heading into the sdf. azonia says until miriya has had a chance to disable their defenses. inside, rick and max continue fighting miryia, and rick uses his neo-ness to control the universe and move her in a direction he wants. apparently, he maneuvers her to the waste disposal area and flushes her out into space. must be a hell of a vaccum in that place to achieve this seeing how miriyas armor can fly and has thrusters and stuff

back in space (again!), "roy" is leading a charge of veritechs against the zentradi. roy and zand watch this on a monitor. zand sings "roys" praises, and roy asks if the clone is so awesome, why does he need him (the real roy)? zand says that its like copying a vhs tape over and over, so he needs the "source" nearby. zand also mentions that the clones come out in trios. odd since the whole trio thing is more of the masters bag than the zentradis. anyway, zand spots our mysterious stranger on a monitor killing the invid and wonders who it is

back in space-the sequel, khyron begs azonia to let them attack the sdf itself, so she does so. inside, someone makes a loud speaker announcement (i assume its lisa) telling the citizens to get ready to leave the ship. she tells them this in the middle of a battle when everyone SHOULD be in a shelter. i mean, you just had a rogue zentradi causing havoc inside, not to mention the battle outside. so sure! why not have everyone get ready to disembark in the middle of all this?

down in toronto, the approaching battle is causing debris to fall on the city. lisa realizes shes done a HUGE clusterhug and orders the sdf out of there. a zentradi battleship shows up, and at alaska base, admiral hayes orders the grand cannon to be fired at it.

ok, exactly HOW does the grand cannon work? i mean, its "barrel" is basically the planet itself since its buried deep underground. as far as i know, it doesnt stick up above the surface. how do you aim something IN the planet AT the planet? it doesnt use satellites or anything to redirect the blast cause (according to the art anyway) the blast doesnt come from above. if anything, it looks like it comes from almost directly below the sdf. but the cannon is in alaska and the sdf is in toronto. did they move toronto closer to alaska? if so, why is it in the ontario quadrant? it was bad enough having the blast able to move around in the cartoon to sweep the zentradi armada, but this is just ridiculous and making my brain hurt

anyway, in space-the final chapter, azonia asks what the blast was. a minion reports it was a weapon on the planet and that they have rescued a very unhappy miriya. on the sdf bridge, damage reports are coming in and lisa is told she committed an epic fail by the head of ontario. then the mysterious stranger is brought to the bridge. turns out its KARL RIBER! bwahahahahahahaha! each "twist" just gets dumber and dumber in this book. cant wait to see how they explain how he got to this "invid space" he and the invid came from.

claudia goes to confront roy, or "roy". seems she thinks he killed gloval. when she gets in his quarters, "roy" comes from behind her and begins strangling her...

and thats it for this month. tune in next month where i will endure another 21 pages for your benefit!

#68 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

• Staff
  • 12915 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 07:49 PM

Dear god this just keeps on going. Keeps on getting worse.

If they aren't literally making all of these "twists" up on the fly, with no plan whatsoever. Then they're doing a stellar job of making it look like they have no idea what they want to do.

Tell6, how do you bear it?

fslookup.jpg

#69 Telly

Telly

• Retired Staff
  • 7869 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:05 AM

cause i want to see just how bad they can get it  :D its doing pretty well in that regard so far

#70 Ya Kid K MK VII

Ya Kid K MK VII

Mic check onetwo onetwo

• Supporter
  • 4140 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 09:46 PM

This sounds like it's written in the vein of the last TF vs GIJoe comics, IE purposely weird as hell.

#71 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 6915 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 10:23 PM

Ah, if only.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#72 Telly

Telly

• Retired Staff
  • 7869 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:45 PM

time for issue 17! a surprisingly decent issue. nothing stupid or ridiculous happens. which is unfortunate cause thats where the fun is

we start with dolza watching a vid of the grand cannon firing. as he now views them as an actual threat, hes gathering the entire imperial fleet 

we go to the sdf where lisa is having a briefing. they are heading to mars and the base there. i dont know if they plan to drop the civilians off, or if theyre just going to restock the ship. lang says they cant transform the ship. i guess its too damaged. then he says hes masked their trail that was making it easy for the zentradi to find them. then he says hes working on the omni-directional filed to replace the pinpoint barrier system that i dont remember even being mentioned yet. but given how little attention im paying to this i guess i couldve missed it

we then join claudia and "roy" in their epic death duel. tl;dr she gets free, he escapes, steals a veritech, rick and team go after him, "roy" is killed and the real roy manages to escape.

oh, and somewhere in that mess is minmei singing. guess what she sings  :puke

back with the zentradi, breetai is saying its time to join forces with the sdf due to dolza getting ready to go all tomino on them. some of them seem like theyre gonna micronize themselves, but they arent being specific at this point. the group talking consists of breetai, exedore, kazianna hesh (breetais future wife or whatever) kurita (the guy that operated the chamber for the 3 spies when they defected) and miriya, who says shes going with them, whoever the "them" turns out to be

and thats the end. interesting note about the cover: it says "-4" on it, and next months has "-3". im guessing by issue 20 we will have the rain of death

oh, and the waltrips did an alternate cover! too bad it sucks. i remember them being good artists from the sentinel days

Edited by Telly, 07 February 2019 - 11:49 PM.

#73 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 6915 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 04:18 AM

I appreciate their contribution to the property, but I was never a fan of their art. Cool to see Titan giving them some love though. I wonder what else they're up to these days.

Attached Thumbnails

• C8A56312-B680-4336-9946-C692B2EAD161.jpeg

WsuGTl1.jpg

#74 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

• Staff
  • 12915 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:59 PM

So... "roy" goes rogue and dies, and Roy escapes. That whole plot thread was really worthwhile.

Roys reunion with everyone is going to be really awkward isn't it?

fslookup.jpg

#75 Telly

Telly

• Retired Staff
  • 7869 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 05:06 AM

Eh, its still better than ricks insufferable pining for minmei

#76 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

• Staff
  • 12915 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 09:57 AM

Wait, still?

Have they even spent enough time together to even BE attracted to each other?

fslookup.jpg

#77 Telly

Telly

• Retired Staff
  • 7869 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 03:34 PM

no, that hasnt been much of a focus in this series, which was my point. id rather read a ridiculous roy plot line than see rick pine for her again. sorry for the confusion 

#78 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

• Staff
  • 12915 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 09:50 AM

Ah, now that i can agree with.

fslookup.jpg

#79 Telly

Telly

• Retired Staff
  • 7869 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 03:16 PM

strap in folks! its time for another EXCITING installment of everyones favorite reboot comic, ROBOTECH! this month is a special treat as im doing issues 18 and 19 at the same time*! you lucky people!

*i didnt feel like doing 18 when it came out last month :p

18 starts off with rick mourning roy with minmei. lisa is nearby, but is called to the bridge. when she gets there, theres lots of chatter on the radios about multiple spacefolds and losing contact with places and all that kinda stuff. lisa turns the sdf-1 around cause its earths "last, best hope". lisa ACTUALLY says this. hurrah for cliches!

we then go back in time an hour to alaska base, where admiral hayes is being informed of the zentraedi fleet arriving. he orders the orbital defense fleet to engage, but they are of course easily wiped out. the fight goes on for a couple pages until dolza shows up. he makes a speech about humans sullying robotechnology and all must die. the usual villain rot

back on the sdf, rick is promoted to lt commander. looks like lisa is hoping his neo-ness will give them an edge (because of course it will). in town, minmei and kyle are walking. she worries about if she will be a protoculture mutant like rick, while kyle does his kyle-ing about rick and the military. she even wonders if its the protoculture thats behind her meteoric rise to stardom. just then, they are surrounded by a horde of fans, and she screams to be left alone and falls to her knees

lisa is talking to lang about the invid they fought and captured last issue or whenever it was. zand is of course watching this and is hopeful of an invid invasion soon. he seems to want them to fight the zentraedi fleet around earth and destroy each other. i still dont know what hes up to. a roy clone reports they havent found the real roy, and zand tells them to continue looking. since where they are is in a pocket dimension on the ship (was that mentioned earlier? probly was and ive just forgotten as i seem to do with a lot of details in this book) and he cant have gotten far. 

we catch up with roy in a clone chamber (that he recognizes as such. was he shown one earlier? god, this book is so forgettable...). he presumes the clones are another batch of him, and that he never shouldve agreed to be admiral hayes' guinea pig (looks like he knew he was being cloned). he looks inside one and sees a clone of...CAPTAIN GLOVAL!?!?!?!

back in alaska, theyre gearing up to use the grand cannon in a preemptive strike

in space, khyron has a full head of hair now. i dont know how much time passes between when he had a mohawk in 14 to now, but i doubt it was much. maybe zentraedi hair grows quick. but more likely the artist forgot all about it. anyway, he and azonia talk about why dolza hasnt wiped out humanity yet. khyron says its because hes an egotist and wants to draw the whole thing out, while azonia says theyre screwed now with dolza taking direct command

in another ship, breetai and company are preparing to micronize themselves. they talk about whatll happen if theyre discovered and that the sdf hasnt shown up yet, which is something they rather need to pull this off

on the sdf, theres a scene of everyone getting ready for the attack

in the fleet, dolza orders them to fire and los angeles is wiped out...

issue 19:

a blurb on the cover reads "a fantastically fun read, full of unexpected twists and great art. each page is a treat!"

this is what bleeding cool says about the book. ill give them the "full of unexpected twists" part, even if those twists are rather stupid, but thats it. well, the art isnt TERRIBLE nowadays, but ive seen better. hendry prasetya is my current preferred artist for the book

according to the "story so far..." recap, minmei IS displaying strange abilities. what those are, aside from the possible protoculture enhanced stardom, i have no idea, seeing how little shes been in the book.

anyway! we open with some helicopters approaching whats left of l. a. (which isnt much). lots of chatter on the radios, says the shockwave was felt in seattle. at alaska base, hayes asks about the enemy and some tech says theyre keeping quiet. hayes is then summoned to a meeting of the joint chiefs. as he goes, he orders to fire on the enemy if they so much as show a hint of firing again

in space, azonia (as well as several others) wants to talk to dolza, but he says to let them wait and that the annihilation of an entire species is to be savored.

on the sdf, lisa whines about it taking so long to reach earth

in the city, the 3 spies are trying to sneak into a minmei concert. they didnt know they needed tickets. silly spies! they break into a locker room, only to be discovered by kyle. we now get to see kyles pacifism as he kicks their asses 

you know what? im tired of typing right now. i dont think there will be any objections to me continuing this later :p

Edited by Telly, 11 April 2019 - 02:18 PM.

#80 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 38610 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:19 PM

I am amazed that this is still going.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users