Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  fourteenwings : (15 October 2018 - 12:27 AM)

I'm starting to feel like the box is being used in lieu of actual serious threads (not to be terrible but seeing this as soon as you get on the forums is depressing).

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 October 2018 - 10:35 PM)

It's shameful that randos in richer countries pretend like it's not happening.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 October 2018 - 10:35 PM)

Small island countries are already sinking below sea level and being consumed by the ocean.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2018 - 10:28 PM)

Which is why poorer countries are some of the ones most worried at this point, I imagine. Wealthy countries like the US, Canada, etc won't feel the effects nearly as soon

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2018 - 10:05 PM)

Realistically: there doesn't have to be truly catastrophic impacts to screw us all over. Frequent enough storms will disrupt our infrastructure, which will hobble our ability to rebuild quickly and cause pretty big backslides in quality of life. I don't mean "oh no, I can't charge my iphone", more like "dysentery is as common as the flu because the resources just aren't there to clean the water anymore".

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2018 - 10:03 PM)

If no, then procrastinate some more

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2018 - 10:03 PM)

Well, the most important question: is it going to stop me getting some drive thru at McDonald's?

@  Noideaforaname : (14 October 2018 - 09:21 PM)

It's kinda nuts seeing insurance ads tell everyone multiple 500-year storms a year is the new normal, but the general attitude over is still at best *shrug*.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 October 2018 - 08:18 PM)

Sad thing is... Boomers are still leaving their vile taint on a lot of the younger generation.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2018 - 08:08 PM)

Certainly the boomers won't live to see it, and they're the worst generation for not giving a shit

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2018 - 08:08 PM)

We're seeing some of it, yeah, but very likely all the truly catastrophic impacts will hit once most of us are dead

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2018 - 07:46 PM)

Stupid thing is: We ARE seeing results in our lifetime, but it's still slow enough that we, as a culture, are willing to ignore it despite what the scientists are saying.

@  MEDdMI : (14 October 2018 - 07:41 PM)

Captain Planet we need you

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2018 - 07:30 PM)

As long as nothing interrupts their morning latte and consumer-driven lifestyles, they're good

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2018 - 07:26 PM)

Because humans are notoriously bad at caring about things they don't see happening within their lifetimes

@  Shrug : (14 October 2018 - 06:09 PM)

And no one else in my class cared. None of my teachers cared. My parents didn't care.

@  Shrug : (14 October 2018 - 06:08 PM)

One of my more frustrating memories regarding Climate Change is from when I was in 2nd grade in 1996. My poor redneck middle-of-nowhere school had a decade old science textbook written so a 2nd grader could read it and it had enough about the impending Global Warming that I was worried as a 6 year old.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2018 - 04:45 PM)

Plus a MUCH higher chance of lake effect snow: since milder means the great lakes will take that much longer to freeze over.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2018 - 04:07 PM)

Eh, really does depend on what you look for in winter. "Milder" also usually means "wetter", so... you know, MORE snow to deal with.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2018 - 02:01 PM)

It was unusually warm here as well, until 2 or 3 days ago. The temperature's a little more seasonal, now. They are predicting a milder winter than usual this year, which for Canada isn't such bad news

@  Nevermore : (14 October 2018 - 01:51 PM)

"Global warming is a myth" my ass. It's the middle of October, and summer is back in full swing. What the hell.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (14 October 2018 - 08:30 AM)

I can't remember the last time I used a gif avatar here

@  Waspinator : (14 October 2018 - 02:52 AM)

did something change about how avatars work here? I had a GIF as one and I can't get a new one to work

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 October 2018 - 01:14 AM)

My vice is plastic. Once when I was cashiering at a grocery store I sold a lady three cartons of cigarettes and it came to over 80 bucks. I had just bought Brave Max and thought at least I wasn't going to go out and burn the thing.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 October 2018 - 06:21 PM)

Well, their going to TRY to make money off it. I suspect that price point and convenience will continue to drive the black market over the legal stuff.

@  Pennpenn : (13 October 2018 - 05:21 PM)

I'd say the "make money off it" makes them less likely to even try. And things like Prohibition gives them an excuse as though club-fistedly banning something is the only way to deal with a problem since they're willingly incapable of nuance or patience.

@  TM2-Megatron : (13 October 2018 - 05:05 PM)

My only vice is blu-rays; lots and lots of them

@  TM2-Megatron : (13 October 2018 - 05:05 PM)

None of it will be my money; personally I've only tried pot once (and that was at a family party, and the brownies were made by my aunt, lol), and though it was enjoyable enough, I've never been inclined to try it again

@  TM2-Megatron : (13 October 2018 - 05:03 PM)

I'm sure they'll make a ton of money on it, and I'm equally sure nobody will ever be able to figure out where it went once it evaporates

@  wonko the sane? : (13 October 2018 - 05:01 PM)

Not aimed at you megs, at pennpenn.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 October 2018 - 05:01 PM)

Why? Legalization is the just the government admitting they CAN'T deal with something, and since they can't ban it: would rather make money off it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (13 October 2018 - 05:00 PM)

On the war on drugs thing, I drove down to Niagara Falls/Buffalo today to pick up some packages and do some shopping, and as I was on the highway getting close to Whirlpool Bridge, there's a new big electronic construction sign in the middle of the road that says "No cannabis at the US border", I assume due to the coming legalization on Friday

@  Pennpenn : (13 October 2018 - 04:57 PM)

i get that just up and banning it isn't going to work, also see the "War on Drugs" for another course on that path. But is something that should be gotten rid of. It's something that governments should treat as the health issue it is, rather than a big ol' money pot.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (13 October 2018 - 01:20 PM)

So, I have to eat my words. The Assassin’s Creed Odyssey streaming version works very well.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 October 2018 - 11:44 AM)

There's also the fact that we know outright prohibition doesn't work. It was tried with alcohol and that was a disaster, and it's the reason marijuana is becoming legal in more places.

@  Cybersnark : (13 October 2018 - 09:41 AM)

Toronto is just as bad, thanks to everyone assuming that vaping ("it's healthy") and marijuana ("it's legal") don't count as smoking.

@  Shrug : (13 October 2018 - 09:32 AM)

Last time I saw data about it, all but two states in the US have decreased smoking consistently for several decades. Except two that both still smoke like it's the 1970s and I happen to live in one of them.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 October 2018 - 08:43 AM)

On the whole; more people are quitting smoking than taking it up. It's a slow process of attrition, but it will stop eventually. Unless you live in quebec: they still smoke like it's a cure for cancer.

@  TM2-Megatron : (13 October 2018 - 03:40 AM)

The only reason cigarettes are "permissible" is because of their historical precedence, but personally that's not good enough for me

@  TM2-Megatron : (13 October 2018 - 03:39 AM)

There's the personal choice angle, but honestly, it's like Pennpenn mentioned before. If anyone tried to market the same product today, it would never be allowed. Same reason why you're not allowed to sell Bleach as a drink.

@  Waspinator : (13 October 2018 - 02:28 AM)

It doesn't help that the problems caused by smoking are mostly slow acting and therefore easy to ignore.

@  Pennpenn : (13 October 2018 - 01:58 AM)

I'd say the second hand smoke thing simplifies it immensly- it's affecting others, therefore it is no longer an issue of personal choice. Also "if they know what they're doing" is rather undermined given the addiction can effectively override that and in many cases, they didn't know what they were doing when they got addicted.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (13 October 2018 - 01:32 AM)

"Well maybe if you chose to eat better diets, you wouldn't have that problem to begin with".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (13 October 2018 - 01:32 AM)

"You could annihilate cancer in our countries!"

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (13 October 2018 - 01:31 AM)

Relatedly, I am reminded of some panel from Black Panther I once saw about why Wakanda doesn't immediately maximize the effect of its resources on other countries.

@  Waspinator : (13 October 2018 - 01:24 AM)

Cigarettes are one of those thing I have mixed feelings on. I hate them personally, but I tend to lean towards the "people should be able to stick whatever into their own bodies if they know what they're doing" camp. The secondhand smoke problem complicates that a lot, though, since it creates a burden on people whose only choice was to happen to be near smokers

@  Pennpenn : (12 October 2018 - 10:16 PM)

Oh I get that banning them overnight wouldn't work, it'd take time and effort and money, but honestly as societies it's one of those things we should be moving away from (and in many cases are). It just could be done quicker if there was more political will and if governments didn't make so much money off the taxes.

@  TM2-Megatron : (12 October 2018 - 10:13 PM)

Personally I think they should be phased out, maybe with the legal age for them gradually raised over 15 or 20 years. That would give people time to quit/die,and the industry time to transition to something else.

@  Pennpenn : (12 October 2018 - 09:48 PM)

I mean, it's pretty obvious that if they'd been invented later they'd be hella banned, but since they make govenments a lot of taxes the death sticks can still be peddled.

@  Pennpenn : (12 October 2018 - 09:40 PM)

I really hate cigarette stench. It's so disgusting and gives me headaches like someone is stcking a power drill into my head.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The Random Non-Toy Transformers Image Thread - fanart, official art, stock art, screencap culture, and the dankest of memes!

Picture Photo Fun random image thread No toy photos please!

1855 replies to this topic

#81 Broadside

Broadside

Now I'm a beeliever

• Staff
  • 10531 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:25 PM

All I can think is "Pepsiman".

#82 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 63086 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:44 PM

invasion_of_the_neptune_men_1.jpg

#83 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 25970 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:05 AM

Good Primus, every time I look at Leinad all I can think of is "Cobra Commander!!!"

All I can think is "Pepsiman".

Pepsi Commander?

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#84 Fishbug

Fishbug

precocious

• Citizen
  • 11860 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:11 AM

COLAAAAAAAA!!!!

25aputg.jpg
#WHERESINJECTOR

#85 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 41408 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:56 AM

Does that make Colabulus the leader of Cola-Bra?

#86 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Staff
  • 7879 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:56 PM

Oh yeah! Dragonstorm!

mmjwFtR.jpg

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#87 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Fair, in a condescending way

• Administrator
  • 47228 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:46 PM

When Bay and ILM got together and said, "You think our robots look like they're made of twisted metal filings? Well screw you, because here is a robot made of twisted metal filings, that's what that looks like. So now what do you think now of our - oh, you're going for the old Bionicle thing again, never mind, Christ -"

Edited by Copper Bezel, 05 August 2017 - 01:47 PM.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#88 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2032 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:02 PM

Game of Thrones is popular, why don't we just turn the Iron Throne into a friggin' DRAGON?!

TefBmwN.jpg

#89 Fishbug

Fishbug

precocious

• Citizen
  • 11860 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 05 August 2017 - 04:29 PM

Transformers Universe had such great designs. And also supermodels with kibble glued to them.

fDETCSO.jpgvyLuzlj.png

68ydByt.jpgyRBsnlS.png

Edited by Fishbug, 05 August 2017 - 04:35 PM.

25aputg.jpg
#WHERESINJECTOR

#90 Broadside

Broadside

Now I'm a beeliever

• Staff
  • 10531 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 05 August 2017 - 04:40 PM

...I'm not being overly reductive in seeing that as "the child of TFP Smokescreen and Wheeljack", right?

#91 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 20482 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 05 August 2017 - 04:40 PM

Is that bikegirl's robot mode image stretched weirdly or sommething?

#92 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 41408 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 05 August 2017 - 05:00 PM

...I'm not being overly reductive in seeing that as "the child of TFP Smokescreen and Wheeljack", right?

So "Smokejack"?

Wait... was there really never a Jack & Wheeljack joke?

#93 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 15747 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 05:02 PM

Is that bikegirl's robot mode image stretched weirdly or sommething?

All of the females in that game looked like that. It was grotesque.

#94 Foffy

Foffy
  • Citizen
  • 8283 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 05:13 PM

When Bay and ILM got together and said, "You think our robots look like they're made of twisted metal filings? Well screw you, because here is a robot made of twisted metal filings, that's what that looks like. So now what do you think now of our - oh, you're going for the old Bionicle thing again, never mind, Christ -"

I will admit that I actually kind of like "giant dragon made out of twisted metal filings" as an aesthetic.

But on the other hand, I don't really like it as a Transformers aesthetic, and I'm especially not buying the idea that this thing is made up of four(?) separate robots.

Edited by Foffy, 05 August 2017 - 05:13 PM.

#95 LV!

LV!

• Citizen
  • 15747 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 05:42 PM

Twelve! Maybe! It's hard to be sure. The first time it's probably made of eleven; the second time, it ought to be made of a lot fewer. But since we never really see him form, who knows?

#96 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 25970 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:04 PM

Wait... was there really never a Jack & Wheeljack joke?

No, there was one. In the season 3 episode "Plus One".

https://youtu.be/bq5BAGA-PDg?t=349

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#97 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 34684 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:09 PM

Sure.

Bulkhead and Wheeljack have a "bromance". Right.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#98 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 25970 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:19 PM

I guess it is more like a dudemance.

"DUDE!"

"DUDE!"

"DUUUUUUUUUUUDE!"

;)

Edited by Sabrblade, 05 August 2017 - 11:19 PM.

#99 LV!

LV!

• Citizen
  • 15747 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:55 PM

I'm pretty sure dudemancy is just using magic to create dudes.

#100 Walky

Walky

A bigger physique than a gorilla captain

• Citizen
  • 38916 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 06 August 2017 - 01:09 AM

Dudemancy is how you fit into the tightest shirt.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Picture, Photo, Fun, random image thread, No toy photos please!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users