Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Bass X0 : (24 June 2018 - 03:10 AM)

I just realised that Unsolved Mysteries has the same initials as Ultra Magnus.

@  Patchouli Kn... : (22 June 2018 - 05:18 AM)

Yeah, really... what a shitshow.

@  Pennpenn : (22 June 2018 - 04:53 AM)

This week has been an almost unmitigated damn nightmare. It can go die in some metaphorical trash fire where it belongs.

@  Nevermore : (22 June 2018 - 04:48 AM)

I feel your pain.

@  Whirl Maximus : (22 June 2018 - 04:47 AM)

This time ten years ago I was looking forward to Transformers 2.

@  Nevermore : (22 June 2018 - 01:41 AM)

There's room enough for five more cabinets.

@  Nevermore : (22 June 2018 - 01:41 AM)

Once I've settled in and earned money again, I can start with the third wall.

@  Plokatron : (21 June 2018 - 10:05 PM)

I'm still working on my comic just been trying to start up a Custom Lego shop. Won't be too long but I'm still here.

@  Dracula : (21 June 2018 - 10:02 PM)

(really though, great display)

@  Dracula : (21 June 2018 - 10:02 PM)

you're gonna have a buildup of dinosaur electrons.

@  Dracula : (21 June 2018 - 10:01 PM)

he needs his dino-breathing room! :D

@  Dracula : (21 June 2018 - 10:01 PM)

Trypticon looks a bit cramped in there, nevermore!

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 June 2018 - 05:54 PM)

Sad thing is we've thought more about the foam than the show writers ever did. :D

@  Nevermore : (21 June 2018 - 05:47 PM)

https://imgur.com/ky0qGVD

@  Nevermore : (21 June 2018 - 05:47 PM)

Current status of my collection room in my new, still-under-construction apartment:

@  wonko the sane? : (21 June 2018 - 05:31 PM)

Depends on whether or not the motive engines for the vehicle mode are the same as the robot mode. Cause we know they use energon for everything.

@  Bass X0 : (21 June 2018 - 05:17 PM)

I was thinking today if Transformers would carry the fuel for their alternate mode in their robot mode? They'd have to, right?

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 June 2018 - 01:28 PM)

I mean, the clear meta reason is so non-Transformers don't die horribly on their ships, but that's not as fun to speculate about.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 June 2018 - 10:43 AM)

There's also lots of chemical reactions which only precipite with oxygen.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 June 2018 - 09:27 AM)

Oxygen is obviously a native gas on cybertron and also let’s the equipment “breath” so to speak.

@  Cybersnark : (21 June 2018 - 08:47 AM)

@Wonko; Yeah, but why oxygen? There are a lot of non-flammable gasses they could've used. And we've seen TFs using radio to communicate in vacuum.

@  Robowang : (21 June 2018 - 08:29 AM)

As the Cream of Wheat glugged forth from his meatus, his mind focused on only one thing: Mommy loved him so.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 June 2018 - 08:17 AM)

there's lots you can't do in vaccuum. The least of which is audio communication.

@  Cybersnark : (21 June 2018 - 08:04 AM)

Though that begs the question of why a robotic species would keep their ships pressurized with oxygen in the first place.

@  Pennpenn : (21 June 2018 - 07:29 AM)

Guess it's just me playing FTL recently. Opening a few doors out to the void is a good way to deal with fires and rude visitors.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 June 2018 - 07:14 AM)

Plus it depends on what part of the ship, can’t easily vent an interior area.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 June 2018 - 06:34 AM)

depends on what's wrong. If you need to get something out and away, would also need to have started in a pressurised space to begin with. If you just want to vent extra heat: it wouldn't work as well as vaccuum is an insulator.

@  Pennpenn : (21 June 2018 - 03:12 AM)

If they're in space wouldn't it make more sense just to vent the area affected to vacuum?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 June 2018 - 07:16 PM)

I mean the foam was dangerous, but in space they probably put out the fires, then wore the equivalent of a hazmat suit to clean up.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 June 2018 - 04:38 PM)

Only on special occassions.

@  Paladin : (20 June 2018 - 03:50 PM)

you don't?

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 June 2018 - 02:17 PM)

I mean, we don't usually use asbestos on our souls.....

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 June 2018 - 10:11 AM)

*looks at asbestos" Yep... Cause we've never used something harmful as a fire retardant. x.x;

@  unluckiness : (20 June 2018 - 06:32 AM)

fire retardant foam is so powerful it can extinguish even sparks

@  Pennpenn : (20 June 2018 - 05:23 AM)

I mean, this is a species that can be disabled (possibly fatally after a while?) by flame retardant foam, so yeah.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 June 2018 - 01:28 AM)

Transformers are exactly as resilient as the plot needs them to be, so who knows, it could be lethal today.

@  RichardT1977 : (19 June 2018 - 08:50 PM)

Which is why Marvel Megatron was interested in Dr. Biggles-Jones' railgun design and had it grafted onto his G2 tank mode.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 June 2018 - 08:43 PM)

Doesn't really matter what transformers are made of. If you send a 10 pound ball of metal flying at a good enough velocity, you will do damage.

@  Soft Snow : (19 June 2018 - 05:53 PM)

A regular cannon that shoots cannon balls and does nothing to other transformers because they are robots but would put a mean whole in the side of your wooden boat...

@  Shiny Chariot : (19 June 2018 - 05:44 PM)

wtf did the shoutbox do to my emoji

also @ patchy its whatever your heart desires 😘

shes not a drill but she is a grill

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 June 2018 - 05:40 PM)

POTP CINDERSAUR IS A GIRL THIS IS NOT A DRILL

@  Patchouli Kn... : (19 June 2018 - 05:18 PM)

A fusion cannon, or just a regular cannon?

@  Shiny Chariot : (19 June 2018 - 05:04 PM)

megatron but he turns into a ford fusion with a cannon badly welded onto the roof

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 June 2018 - 02:22 PM)

My Little Fusion Cannon: Friendship Through Tyranny.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (19 June 2018 - 02:01 PM)

was that supposed to sound sexual

@  wonko the sane? : (19 June 2018 - 01:55 PM)

I'm pretty sure that megatrons cannon is his best friend, so that friendship is magic stuff won't work.

@  MEDdMI : (19 June 2018 - 01:16 PM)

And then the magic ponies force everyone to be friends FOREVERRRRRRR

@  wonko the sane? : (19 June 2018 - 12:06 PM)

Or... megatron just goes to war against skynet cause he can't stand the competition.

Photo

Dragon Quest XI coming to the west in 2018!

16 replies to this topic

#1 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is coming!

• Apprentice Staff
  • 38019 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:21 PM

Woot! Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age was announced about 20 minutes before my daughter was born, so I am a little late posting this, but I am stoked to see an official announcement. 

Anyone else excted to see a new main line numbered Dragon Quest game come to consoles for the first time in 13 years! 

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#2 Daith

Daith

You must Unlearn what you have Learned

• Supporter
  • 8392 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:56 AM

Really hoping we get a good voice cast. VIII so far has been the only one other than the original to really hook me, and a lot of it was do to the vocals from each of the characters.... well except the hero :D

#3 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Apprentice Staff
  • 38019 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:58 AM

They did a good job with the voice cast on the Heroes games, so I am hopeful that this will be just as good!

#4 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1340 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 01 August 2017 - 04:58 PM

Great news! I'm still torn on DQX. On the one hand, I hate that it didn't arrive here. On the other hand, FFXI consumed so much of my time that I really don't want to get sucked into another MMORPG.

I'm curious about which version(s) will be localized. I'm not sure which one(s) I want more. I want to immediately go with the console version, just for the presentation and big screen experience. I actually really like being able to play the whole series on 3DS though, and that split screen 3D/2D overhead aspect is something I really appreciate.

#5 Daith

Daith

You must Unlearn what you have Learned

• Supporter
  • 8392 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:33 PM

That's something I have a bit of a bone to pick with with DQX, and FFXI and XIV. It just annoys me that these MMO's are part of the main line of games.I'd wish they had kept them as the start of a new Online series of numberings instead of in the main series. What happens one day when the servers get shut down for DQX or FFXI. You won't be able to go back and play them again. So if you wanted to play the full series there will be one or two that just won't be possible some day.

#6 Shadowmask

Shadowmask

Homini lupus

• Citizen
  • 7463 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:14 PM

I'm also not a fan of MMOs as main-series entries for DQ or FF. Dragon Quest XI looks wonderful, though. I really hope we get the 3DS version in NA.
"Ideas are the jive of creative brains."
- Nobel laureate chemist Linus Pauling

#7 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1340 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:38 PM

That's something I have a bit of a bone to pick with with DQX, and FFXI and XIV. It just annoys me that these MMO's are part of the main line of games.I'd wish they had kept them as the start of a new Online series of numberings instead of in the main series. What happens one day when the servers get shut down for DQX or FFXI. You won't be able to go back and play them again. So if you wanted to play the full series there will be one or two that just won't be possible some day.

There's not really a "one day" to it. As poorly received as FFXIV was on launch (I did play it then, and it really was disappointing), it appears to have ended up with a really neat storyline and concluding event. Unfortunately, there's no way to ever play through that scenario again following the shutdown and relaunch. That's the biggest thing aside from lack of time that's helped me not get back into XIV. I know there's a significant chunk of content to the game that's simply unplayable. Not being able to experience the full story helps keep me from getting invested into the idea of playing it again going forward.

#8 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Apprentice Staff
  • 38019 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 05:31 PM

I'm also not a fan of MMOs as main-series entries for DQ or FF. Dragon Quest XI looks wonderful, though. I really hope we get the 3DS version in NA.

I can't imagine them not bringing over both the PS4 and 3DS versions. Heck, we will probably get a version for the switch if they can get the kinks worked out on it. 

#9 ZakuConvoy

ZakuConvoy
  • Citizen
  • 388 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:29 AM

http://www.ign.com/a...-no-3ds-version

So...the good news is that Dragon Quest XI is coming out September 4 on the PS4.  It'll even have voice acting and a couple of improvements over the Japanese version.

Bad news is no 3DS version (boo!).  And the Switch version won't be out for a long while.

#10 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Apprentice Staff
  • 38019 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:41 AM

Yeah, I am kind of surprised that the 3DS version isn't being brought over. Still, just a little over 5 months until I finally get to play DQ11!

#11 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1340 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 12:43 PM

Bleh. I was uncertain whether I wanted to go with the 3DS version or the Switch version. I haven't picked up a PS4 yet, and it doesn't look to be coming in the near future with payments for my wife's student loans starting up last month. Guess I'll just have to wait and hope they don't cancel the Switch version.

#12 Boss Borot

Boss Borot
  • Citizen
  • 4322 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 28 March 2018 - 03:50 PM

I'll be happy with the PS4 version. It looks absolutely beautiful :love

#13 ZakuConvoy

ZakuConvoy
  • Citizen
  • 388 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 07:28 PM

I wasn't even sure which version I'd prefer, but the 3DS one had a more interesting visual gimmick.  Would have been nice to be able to choose.

#14 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Apprentice Staff
  • 38019 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:53 PM

New E3 trailer that finally shows off what the Square Enix Store's Special Edition will be.

#15 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Apprentice Staff
  • 38019 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:35 AM

Some E3 Game play of the Demo

https://www.facebook...84858908238377/

#16 Caldwin

Caldwin

Wha?

• Supporter
  • 22318 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:27 AM

The last couple DQ games I played were the most recent ones for the 3DS. I never did finish either of them before getting the Switch and retiring the 3DS. So a new mainline game that's not an MMO will be nice to get into.

I think the last one I actually finished was IX...that was the DS one with the train, right? Wow! I just said DS instead of 3DS. I didn't realize it had been that long!
PSN = Caldwin
Wii U = Caldwin
Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029
3DS = 5370-0412-9068

#17 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Apprentice Staff
  • 38019 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:17 AM

DQ7 and DQ8 were remastered and released on the 3DS in the last couple of years. DQXI has a 3DS version, but it looks like it will only be coming out in Japan. Too bad as it had a neat gimmick where the Bottom Screen was a SNES version of the game and the top screen was the 3DS version of the same game.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users