Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Pennpenn : (17 June 2019 - 05:19 AM)

I would count Wario and Yoshi, but not DK (might be because I wasn't even aware DK was spun off from the Mario franchise until I was in my mid-20s, but whatever)

@  unluckiness : (17 June 2019 - 04:13 AM)

But to be fair, Corrin is the only one I particularly dislike and it's really more boredom due to their blandness as characters

@  unluckiness : (17 June 2019 - 04:09 AM)

It would depend on whether or not you count DK, Wario and Yoshi as part of the Mario franchise or separate. Scratch that, there are more even with just the mushroom symbol people but it's a close call.

@  Pennpenn : (17 June 2019 - 02:55 AM)

You'd figure Fire Emblem would have enough characters in Smash. Kinda feels like there's more FE characters than Mario characters.

@  unluckiness : (16 June 2019 - 01:20 AM)

And for hug's sake, I hope that the new Fire Emblem's PC isn't one of the DLC

@  Sean Whitmore : (15 June 2019 - 04:11 PM)

Smash Bros could never touch a new franchise again, and I'd still have laundry lists of side characters and villains I'd love to see included.

@  unluckiness : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

DINNER

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

cuz i wanna fight a boat

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:35 AM)

if we must have another zelda character, id want the king of red lion

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 10:38 PM)

I would unironically love Tingle in Smash.

@  Paladin : (14 June 2019 - 02:06 PM)

they HAVE to put Travis Touchdown in at some point now, right???

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 June 2019 - 01:24 PM)

Right after Shaq.

@  Locoman : (14 June 2019 - 12:36 PM)

When will we get Bluster Kong in Smash?

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 08:20 AM)

The last three DLC characters are Tingle, Charles Barkley and L Tetris block with Reverse L Tetris block as an Echo fighter.

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Pipe dream Smash entry: The Prince from the Katamari series. :D

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 06:35 AM)

The space/time around them gets frozen too! ....or something.

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 06:01 AM)

I still want to find out how freezing people suspends them in midair

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 June 2019 - 02:45 AM)

We really need Subzero or Scorpion in Smash. Violence aside, they are pretty big gaming icons as well.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 08:18 PM)

Given Nintendo's relationship with Tecmo, I'm still waiting for Ryu Hyabusa

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 June 2019 - 07:19 PM)

I'm still waiting for Doomguy.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 06:47 PM)

I just started watching High School DxD (don't judge me...) and I caught on the Nintendo Treehouse some request Rias for Smash lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 June 2019 - 11:25 AM)

I have having to watch a video to find out why someone wanted me to watch the video

@  Nevermore : (11 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

I remember when the TPB for The Dark Age 2 was delayed for an entire year...

@  Trpodeca : (11 June 2019 - 03:55 AM)

I just wish they'd release the Astro City paperback trades.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:31 AM)

As an open-minded heterosexual, I wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:29 AM)

Currently in the process of re-reading Kurt Busiek's Astro City. Big props for the issue featuring the "Dancing Master" and its portrayal of non-stereotypical gay characters.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 June 2019 - 05:25 AM)

Don't phone charges often contain special rapid charge circuitry, though? The voltage might be higher too, given the selfie stick probably has a very basic battery.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 11:28 PM)

Glad to be of assistance!

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 10:32 PM)

*checks selfie stick and phone charger* huh. perfect fit. thanks!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 09:58 PM)

I would use the USB-to-AC adapter that came with my iPhone, though I gather you must have a different brand of cell phone.

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:42 PM)

In that case a generic adapter is probably your best bet, then. Keep in mind a lot of hotels now have plain USB outlets in rooms too, though; but I guess that's not guaranteed

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 05:31 PM)

yeah, i just need something small to plug into the wall. im not sure im taking my laptop on my trip later this year and i want a way to charge my stuff

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:04 PM)

They also have wall outlets with built-in USB in addition to the two regular plugs; I installed those around my place so I have USB ports everywhere

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:02 PM)

You might be able to get a generic adapter to use with it at Radio Shack if you know the appropriate voltages or whatever

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:01 PM)

It came with a USB cable with no AC adapter? A lot of lower priced electronics do that, presumably assuming that USB is pretty ubiquitous

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:00 PM)

Yeah, must be, I guess.

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:59 PM)

maybe having bluetooth has something to do with it?

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

the one i got has an on/off button, and came with a usb to attach to my laptop to charge it. its this one https://www.walmart....ility/432985497

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 04:51 PM)

Selfie sticks have power? I thought they were to just hold the phone away from you

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:44 PM)

need some technical help.how do i charge my selfie stick without using my laptop? is there some kind of portable charger? i know it sounds like a dumb question, but i dont know very much about this stuff

@  MEDdMI : (08 June 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Different songs or overdosing don't work for me. My brain can play multiple songs at once. Best to do something else to distract me.

@  Xellos : (08 June 2019 - 05:36 PM)

Still, the worst is having the last song I hear before going into work being stuck in my head all day.

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 June 2019 - 05:00 PM)

Get a different song stuck in your head too. Let them battle for supremacy. Only the strong survive.

@  Nevermore : (08 June 2019 - 03:53 PM)

Keep listening to it over and over until you got the lyrics memorized. By that point, it will start to fade out of your system.

@  Nevermore : (08 June 2019 - 02:48 PM)

I've discovered the easiest cure for having a song stuck in your head is overdosing to the point of fatigue.

@  Steevy Maximus : (08 June 2019 - 12:27 PM)

Jedi Fallen Order sure does look a LOT like a Souls style game with Star Wars flavoring

@  Kalidor : (07 June 2019 - 06:18 PM)

I have a hard time believing that you speaking at length and with great detail is something you wouldn't be good at. Glad you had fun.

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:51 PM)

Funny thing is I wasn't nervous at all. Might have helped that I was able to speak freely due to having assembled my speech from a lot of smaller segments I had previously told to my colleagues on the shopfloor, with a few punchlines added.

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:49 PM)

Allegedly I did well. Lots of applause, and was told I was leagues beyond the guy who spoke before me (though that wasn't difficult, that guy was dry as a river on Mars).

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:48 PM)

So I volunteered to hold a small speech at our strike assembly today (lots of Amazon employees, plus some people from IKEA, Smyths toys and some other local retailers).

Photo

Sonic the Hedgehog at IDW

178 replies to this topic

#121 ZakuConvoy

ZakuConvoy
  • Citizen
  • 487 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:03 PM

Well, the first IDW Sonic issue got released at WonderCon this weekend.  So, of course somebody already put the whole thing online already.  It's out there if you're really curious.

Spoiler

Edited by ZakuConvoy, 25 March 2018 - 08:32 PM.

#122 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 8962 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 26 March 2018 - 01:17 AM

So barely anyone has played the current prologue to the comic then :D

#123 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35039 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 08:47 AM

It's the first issue. It's setting stuff up from what is essentially zero. I didn't really expect a huge lore and continuity heavy thing. Let's see where this goes.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#124 ZakuConvoy

ZakuConvoy
  • Citizen
  • 487 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 10:07 AM

Spoiler

Edited by ZakuConvoy, 26 March 2018 - 10:43 AM.

#125 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 6900 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:04 PM

I'd be very surprised if this book doesn't do at least the numbers IDW expects. Whatever market existed for the Archie book surely will largely be onboard for this? Or will "we hate you for killing Archie" keep people away? Is there anger? Will there be boycotts?!

WsuGTl1.jpg

#126 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 8962 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 10:37 PM

It's tough to say. I do want to give it a chance myself and nothing especially wrong is coming from it yet. But the biggest draw for me was the classic SAT AM continuation. That's what drew me to the comic originally. Granted I never paid it mind until after the introduction of the Com-Bots. If we are sticking to strictly game and completely original new characters I'm not sure I'll continue for long.

#127 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18584 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 06:28 AM

I'll never understand the notion that the Archie comic was ever a "continuation" of SatAM.

It came out first, left the party last, and other than sharing some characters and eventually some settings, had virtually nothing in common except for a relatively brief spell. Different MacGuffins, different death for Robotnik (yeah, I know about the planned Season 3 stuff, but it never happened)... they were ultimately two rather different beasts.

It's like calling Marvel G1 a continuation of the Sunbow cartoon.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Edited by LBD "Nytetrayn", 27 March 2018 - 06:29 AM.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#128 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 8962 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 11:40 AM

I know there were differences and it wasn't the same. But then there were specific instances too that the comic actually tied itself to the cartoon, like the introduction of Lupe and the Wolfpack specifically had a reference text box telling you to check out their first appearance in the cartoon. Not to mention taking the plan of using Naugus as a post Robotnik villain. It may not be a direct continuation but it continued the use of characters and ideas from the show where no other use of media had.

Edited by Daith, 27 March 2018 - 11:41 AM.

#129 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18584 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 06:01 AM

Sure, but the same could be said of many comic tie-ins, but no one calls those a continuation. The aforementioned Marvel Transformers, for instance, as well as their G.I. Joe and Archi's TMNT Adventures.

Heck, with the possible exception of Joe, the others adapted cartoon episodes as well and TF expanded on unused ideas.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

#130 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 8962 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 02:31 PM

Well whatever. Either way you want to look at it that's what brought quite a few readers in. It may not have continued the story of the cartoon completely but the characters kept going on so yes it's a continuation of some sort. If you want to be nitpicky about it go ahead.

#131 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18584 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 06:30 AM

Nah, I'm done. I just think it's silly thing no one else (fandom-wise) seems to do, that's all.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

#132 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 6900 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 02:56 AM

Well, not a lot happens in issue one but it's issue one. I liked it fine, though it didn't blow me away. I'm pretty keen to see where it goes as it develops its own identity.

Don't know how much of this came from the script and how much was Yardley, but one thing I did like is that Sonic is constantly moving, like always doing something even when he's just standing there talking to Tails. Even if it's just picking his teeth, he's almost never static. I assume we were expecting to be happy with the art given it's a beloved veteran (right?) and I was.

Bring on next week!

WsuGTl1.jpg

#133 ZakuConvoy

ZakuConvoy
  • Citizen
  • 487 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 06:26 PM

Thinking it over, if the mystery enemy is a returning enemy and not a new guy (and also not just Eggman), I'm betting its...

Spoiler

Edited by ZakuConvoy, 08 April 2018 - 06:32 PM.

#134 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15403 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:00 PM

So far it's great.
Woooo!

#135 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 8962 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 05:52 PM

Its ok. So far its just Sonic taking down Eggbots with one of the side kicks in tow.

Though it seems like Sonic isnt totally against Amys affections as long as hes not slowed down.

#136 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 6900 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 09:05 PM

We're still very firmly in Setup Town, but I didn't think issue 2 was quite as much fun as the first, possibly just because I didn't enjoy the art as much. Still fairly confident we'll have something solid once the whole thing gets going though.

Also, Amy... sigh. There has to be more to her than holding a hammer and crushing on a Sonic I hope? Surely. I'm surprised they didn't put more effort into making her a more compelling character for her debut in the new continuity.

Edited by Maruten, 13 April 2018 - 09:09 PM.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#137 ZakuConvoy

ZakuConvoy
  • Citizen
  • 487 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 09:24 PM

Meh, they gave her a city planner/rallying the troops moment, so that was kind of nice.

And this was probably an improvement over the first issue for me, since at least there's a LITTLE bit of conflict between Amy and Sonic compared to Tails and Sonic.

But, yeah, looks like these first four issues are probably just going to be the same story over and over again, just inserting different characters in.  Hopefully, this "new" villain is worth the setup.

#138 SoS

SoS
  • Administrator
  • 5143 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:18 AM

I enjoyed the issues so far. Maybe it's because I'm fairly new to Sonic comics, but I don't mind the first couple of issues being set ups.

I wonder who will be revealed as the mastermind behind all of this.

--SoS

#139 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 6900 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 05:47 PM

I have high hopes for issue three since it's the first one that's introducing actual new characters, so I think there'll be a bit more going on. 

• SoS likes this

WsuGTl1.jpg

#140 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 8962 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:46 AM

Well we get our new Skunk duo in #3 and gotta say Rough and Tumble are kinda fun.

Spoiler

I think one thing that kinda bugs me is the lack of setting. So far each issue just has Sonic taking care of a problem in random animal towns with no name. Now I know we aren't getting Robotropolis, Knothole and the like, but so far nothing really has been set up as being important other than just keeping the citizenry safe. There really doesn't seem like there isn't any stakes to raise yet. While we know guy in the chair is plotting something bigger just what that is beyond "Bwahahaha Evil!" is just too ambiguous.

Oh well issue 4 has Blaze and another new character appearing. I'm wondering if I'll keep going after our introductory issues. So far it's just kind of mediocre. It's not bad, but not really making me see the story as anything worth following.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users