Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (05 April 2020 - 03:52 PM)

My point is that of late, Taiwan's government executed lockdown procedures to great success. Vietnam has done similarly.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (05 April 2020 - 03:34 PM)

Didn't SARS just suddenly stop before it got very far?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (05 April 2020 - 03:24 PM)

*raises eyebrows due to familial knowledge of SARS*

@  Steevy Maximus : (05 April 2020 - 01:43 PM)

It was uncomfortably real in 2011, it's downright scary in relation to the current pandemic.

@  Steevy Maximus : (05 April 2020 - 01:42 PM)

It is, almost to an uncomfortable point.The virus portrayed in that film was FAR more aggressive and fatal than Coronavirus, but the sourcing and spread and impact hit REALLY close to home compared to what we're dealing with now

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 April 2020 - 04:50 AM)

Actually on the subject, I've hard a lot of people refer to a 2011 film called Contagion that they think is relevant.

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 April 2020 - 01:11 AM)

Ah well, I'll stick to the classic British sitcoms: One Foot in the Grave, Til Death Do Us Part and They Think It's All Over.

@  TM2-Megatron : (05 April 2020 - 12:53 AM)

There's always the original, cheesy as it is

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (05 April 2020 - 12:10 AM)

Dunno... Tonight one of the major networks showed a movie with plagues.. including that listening to their leader causes the first born to die. ;P So nah.. I think the Stand could work. :D

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 April 2020 - 09:18 PM)

That's probably the last thing anyone needs to see, at the moment. Maybe when we get to the end of June/beginning of July and we can venture back out, it might be possible to find some enjoyment in The Stand.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 April 2020 - 02:08 PM)

I suppose the CBS adaptation of Stephen Kings The Stand will be delayed.

@  Rycochet : (04 April 2020 - 11:26 AM)

We'll always be together. Together in electric dreams.

@  Rycochet : (04 April 2020 - 11:25 AM)

Please remember that in these times of social distancing, we'll always be together however far it seems.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 12:41 PM)

It arrived! Yay!

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 11:25 AM)

Given how the virus lasts about 3-4 days on metals and plastics, it's about the only way to go about getting stuff right now. I ordered a monitor mount for my desk and the delivery has been pushed back twice already.

@  Maximus Ambus : (03 April 2020 - 11:04 AM)

He ordered it online, says it was to keep those delivery boys in business. I did the same a week ago with some Transformers Studio Series figures off Kapow. Don't know if it's wise or not considering.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 09:12 AM)

You'd be the first. Everyone else has either been frustrated cause the one they wanted was sold out (like during boxing week.) or rushing to replace something broken.

@  RYNO : (03 April 2020 - 08:53 AM)

I actually walked into a store the other day and just randomly decided to buy at 32inch TV. It was just a Vizio, and grabbed a Mounting Bracket for it. No duress. Just a spur of the moment wanted a TV for my master bedroom.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 07:31 AM)

Conversely: I've never met a person who wasn't buying a TV under duress... so... yeah.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 07:20 AM)

I think I've met maybe two people other than myself who count cables before buying a TV.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (03 April 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Seriously.. HDMI splitters and switches are so bloody finicky, but most tvs don't have enough inputs.

@  Maximus Ambus : (03 April 2020 - 05:09 AM)

Just spent a hour trying to get my brothers new Samsung TV to read his Playstation and Blu Ray player only to find he was using a HDMI splitter.

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 April 2020 - 11:07 AM)

I could never master oral bullshittery. But in my day I was quite adept with the written word.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 April 2020 - 11:32 PM)

You have mastered the art of Bulljive. You must use this power only for good, or entertainment.

@  Sabrblade : (01 April 2020 - 08:58 PM)

This morning, for one of my online classes, I had to give a positive oral presentation about a play that I hated having to watch. I went into it completely unprepared and just winged it. My professor LOVED my presentation and thought it was excellent. She believed every word I said and honestly thought that I enjoyed that miserable play. Best April Fools ever!

@  ▲ndrusi : (01 April 2020 - 10:06 AM)

Happy Everyone Thinks They're A Comedian Now Day!

@  Donocropolis : (31 March 2020 - 05:45 AM)

Who, I might add, has never been photographed together with Byteman. Just sayin'.

@  Sabrblade : (30 March 2020 - 10:27 PM)

Bruce Wayne's cyberpunk cousin?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 09:27 PM)

Laser Wayne

@  Sabrblade : (30 March 2020 - 09:08 PM)

Luther Unum

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 07:09 PM)

Or Lee Derwon.

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:51 PM)

Not to be confused with Leader I

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:50 PM)

He was Leader Uno

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:50 PM)

He was the OTHER Leader 1

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 March 2020 - 06:29 PM)

Or Sideways.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 05:26 PM)

On the other hand, this is Armada we're talking about. It could have actually been Metroplex.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 March 2020 - 11:08 PM)

Oh yeah, that was Fort Max. My bad.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 March 2020 - 09:12 PM)

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Peritus_Maximus

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 March 2020 - 09:11 PM)

Christmas Maximus?

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 March 2020 - 01:13 PM)

At least the ozone layer is healing. unless this is a 0.0000000001% thing it's sounds like good news.

@  ▲ndrusi : (28 March 2020 - 09:27 AM)

(But only pretty sure, not 100% sure.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (28 March 2020 - 09:26 AM)

Pretty sure y'all were thinking of Fortress Maximus yesterday.

@  Bass X0 : (28 March 2020 - 12:38 AM)

Dare! Dare to believe you can survive 2020!

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 March 2020 - 08:18 PM)

Baja Blast is back at retail!

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2020 - 03:47 PM)

Shame he wasn't around more. He seemed like such a jolly, happy soul.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (27 March 2020 - 02:16 PM)

No, he was definitely Metroplex. You could tell because he was in Metroplex's distinctive red and green coloration.

@  Paladin : (27 March 2020 - 02:11 PM)

that was Leader-1. or possibly Jolt. maybe Grindor...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (27 March 2020 - 01:57 PM)

Metroplex was in Armada, in a flashback. He was the same size as everybody else. I thought that was the joke.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (27 March 2020 - 12:39 PM)

@Rodimus Supreme: Gah! You are right! How'd I get that mixed up? x.x;

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2020 - 12:14 PM)

There is no Metroplex. Only Zuul.

Photo

Sonic the Hedgehog at IDW

196 replies to this topic

#21 unluckiness

unluckiness

4 U

• Citizen
  • 20028 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:46 AM

sad gay furries

XgxCpmP.png

#22 Broadside

Broadside

#HaulOfFame

• Citizen
  • 11067 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:32 AM

I'm really, really hoping that IDW at least do reprint collections of the post-reboot material. Including Mega Drive, please.

unknown.png

#23 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28985 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:47 AM

Penders thinks they'll want to reprint his stuff. 

f11df0a49788cfbab44f22d03d236ef8.gif

#24 Cattleprod

Cattleprod
  • Citizen
  • 2356 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 22 July 2017 - 11:29 AM

IDW reprinted Pat Lee's stuff, so I wouldn't say it's impossible.

#25 Johnny Here

Johnny Here
  • Citizen
  • 703 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:50 PM

Id be fine with a comic all about the eggman army and the generals as they help eggman on missions and conspire to stab him in the back

#26 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7458 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 22 July 2017 - 04:28 PM

I really do hope they keep Archie's stuff in print. Well, some of it obviously. It's big and messy.

I wonder if we'll be seeing other Sega properties at IDW? Will they be keeping Mega Man in print?

WsuGTl1.jpg

#27 Broadside

Broadside

#HaulOfFame

• Citizen
  • 11067 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 04:29 PM

Mega Man isn't Sega, though.
I mean, it's not out of question that they'd pick up the license, but I imagine they'd want to at least see how well Sonic does first. And I can't really see a total reboot of Mega Man being a success; people would want it to pick up where the Archie series left off.

unknown.png

#28 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7458 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 04:50 PM

Oh yeah, duh. My brain just smooshed them together because of the crossovers. Whoops.

Edited by Maruten, 22 July 2017 - 04:50 PM.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#29 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35140 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 05:42 PM

So I saw something on tumblr that was a revelation to me.

We should really stop giving Penders the time of day. This attention people give him? It's what he wants. He wants people talking about him, he wants people spreading his stuff around, because it feeds the notion that he's a martyr. It keeps exposing everything that happened like an open wound, and for years after the lawsuit ended, it was a constant reminder that Archie had failed to protect the license and that Ken had been more or less successful against them and Sega. Every little bit that people kept focusing on continued undermining the whole enterprise, and whether or not Archie deserves to be called out for it (because they share some of the blame here for mismanagement), that doesn't really justify Ken or his position at all.

And now, for better or worse, we're giving him free publicity. Penders has even already amassed a small army of sycophants and loyalists that hang on everything he says. It's working.

If you want Sonic to succeed at IDW, if you care at all about the Archie comic's legacy, or this franchise at all, we need to forget Ken Penders. We need to ignore him when he says something stupid, egotistical, self serving, or borderline offensive. I know this fandom likes to focus on the negative to an absurd degree and laugh at the bile fascination, but continuing to give this egomaniac the time of day will only serve to continue emboldening him.

Make Ken Penders irrelevant. Do not engage him. Do not reblog his tweets. Do not share his art, even to laugh at it.

Make him as irrelevant as he deserves to be.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#30 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8161 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:40 PM

I tried that with the current US President. Sadly it didn't work out.

Tho I am surprised to hear people view Penders as a martyr.

#31 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35140 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:43 PM

Even if he didn't, everything he says about Sonic gets spread around. It's basically free publicity at this point.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#32 Johnny Here

Johnny Here
  • Citizen
  • 703 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:46 PM

It doesnt matter if people ignore him or not, he hasnt put himself in a good position.

#33 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8967 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 11:32 PM

They should totally do two titles. New creative team for a jumping point then Ian Flynn and whoever he wants for Lost Hedgehog Tales. He can disguise the old characters as much as he can or just tell whatever story he wants. Multiple Sonic universes are game canon anyhow.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#34 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7458 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 11:40 PM

Archie's books did a great job of building an enormous universe, and I think if IDW sticks to one title indefinitely it will feel very claustrophobic in comparison. But I think we can assume they'll give their core book a good long time to figure things out before they expand. 

I would once have expected that some sort of "classics"/reprint series would be inevitable, but with IDW's recent "shrinking our comics output by 25%" thing I'm not so confident now. This may end up as a one-series thing, hopefully with (at the very least) the odd mini or one-shot to offer a little extra. 

I'd really like to see Sonic Universe relaunching alongside the core book, but that may be seen as too Archie-ish, or premature given that IDW doesn't HAVE a "Sonic Universe" yet. 

I'm really bummed about the end of Archie, but pretty keen to see how IDW handles this because they have a good hit rate lately. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#35 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:05 AM

8umh5sG.jpg

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#36 Cattleprod

Cattleprod
  • Citizen
  • 2356 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:28 PM

Well, they're at least following the Pat Lee protocol in terms of new work going forward, but if they can legally reprint his old stuff and make money off of it, they'll probably do it.

#37 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15500 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:51 PM

Have Ian Flynn start the new series, same talent but new direction without the baggage. Then after a few years let other writers build upon that foundation. Eventually Ian gets to do a miniseries wrapping up the storyline from Archie in about 12 issues.
Woooo!

#38 Broadside

Broadside

#HaulOfFame

• Citizen
  • 11067 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:25 AM

Well, they're at least following the Pat Lee protocol in terms of new work going forward, but if they can legally reprint his old stuff and make money off of it, they'll probably do it.

Except reprints of the pre-Flynn stuff is why Archie got into the Fulop lawsuit in the first place...

unknown.png

#39 Cattleprod

Cattleprod
  • Citizen
  • 2356 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:11 AM

Hence the 'legal' part, IDW went straight to reprinting every Marvel Transformers story they could without Death's Head, Circuit Breaker, or Spider-Man. I never read any Sonic comics, there's no early Penders stuff that involves no legally contested characters?

#40 Broadside

Broadside

#HaulOfFame

• Citizen
  • 11067 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:09 AM

I mean. I guess there might be one or two issues, but none of what people actually care about Penders' run for. He got the OCs in early and en masse.

unknown.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users