Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:12 PM)

But it's also a SUPER-well known location in my region, so these extensive exterior shots without any post production alterations completely ruin the illusion for me.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:11 PM)

I mean, I get why they did it: It's an existing location that fits the purpose, it's open for the public, and they had to shoot some scenes in my home state anyway to due a subsidizing deal.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Needless to say, it's not in Berlin, and even what's seen onscreen is waaaaay too modern for something that's supposed to exist in 1929 (even moreso as a derelict site in 1929). The structures seen haven't even been built until the 1960s!

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:07 PM)

I'm currently in the process of watching season 2 of Babylon Berlin, and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site" or whatever it's supposed to be on the show, and I easily recognize it as a place only a few minutes from where I live (it's actually a former ironworks site that's been turned into a public park).

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

Ever since I went to Japan last year, I have friend who dread watching anime with me due to that...

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:51 PM)

Not hugely, but I am the type to notice places once I have been there and say "Hey, I've been there!"

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

Half of new york city (on tape.) is actually montreal.

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

I watched Death Wish 5 last night and clearly recognized Toronto streets; didn't pull me out of Bronson's 1-man war on drugs or fashion or whatever it was that pissed him off that time

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:49 PM)

it's nice to finally be thought of as exotic by somebody! lol

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:48 PM)

In an "I cannot possibly make my brain ignore the location I'm familiar with and pretend it's whatever the story claims it is" way?

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:42 PM)

Question for those of you living in exotic locations such as the US or the UK: If you watch a movie or a TV show that features a real-life location as a stand-in for someplace else, and you recognize the real-life location due to having been there in person, does that pull you out of the story?

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:15 PM)

Maybe you should have installed macOS in your house instead.

@  Noideaforaname : (19 May 2019 - 04:40 PM)

Nothing like coming home after a long day to find a bird in the house. And then once you sit down for a well-earned rest after leading the bird back outside, you find it had a friend. A friend who *really* doesn't understand how windows work...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:26 PM)

Bingo. The big polls don't tell people what's actually happening because that doesn't sell.

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 AM)

IIRC there are good polls but data is easily manipulated so they give people what they want to hear

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 10:58 AM)

The only way to get people interested in politics is to make into reality TV. So they lie to do it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:38 AM)

Yeah, polling these days is garbage.

@  Sean Whitmore : (18 May 2019 - 11:53 PM)

Well, he was an honest man. He wasn’t gonna lie to a 5-year-old.

@  Paladin : (18 May 2019 - 08:34 PM)

Grandfather once said to me, "I'm going upstairs and hug your grandma."

@  Sabrblade : (18 May 2019 - 07:08 PM)

Mama always said that you can tell a lot 'bout a person from 'is shoes...

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 May 2019 - 03:54 PM)

Life is like a box of chocolates. Stay out of the sun or melt into a pile of gross slop.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 May 2019 - 10:26 AM)

Greasy, disappointing and still managing to be over priced?

@  Lancer : (18 May 2019 - 10:22 AM)

... Yes, it is!

@  Noideaforaname : (18 May 2019 - 09:48 AM)

Life's a fillet of fish!

@  unluckiness : (18 May 2019 - 08:53 AM)

ow the edge

@  Paladin : (18 May 2019 - 07:03 AM)

a reminder that life is an unrepentant hellscape where everyone & everything you know will eventually betray you.

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 06:45 AM)

You know, this election is what has finally broken me of any confidence at any point of pre-polling data. I mean, it's always been sketchy, but this is just... aaaargh!

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 06:08 AM)

I was going to make an Auspol election thread in P&R, but the outcome so far has made me feel physically ill.

@  Gamma V : (18 May 2019 - 03:28 AM)

Haven't been here in a long time.

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 03:16 AM)

I have heard that, it's rather disappointing. Ah, maybe they'll just leech each others stores of "awful racist vote" and not go anywhere.

@  Trpodeca : (17 May 2019 - 11:09 PM)

I voted. Boy there are a worrying amount of parties which sound like fascists.

@  Pennpenn : (17 May 2019 - 06:55 PM)

For those in Australia, it is a federal election today. Go Vote! It's Mandatory!

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 May 2019 - 04:19 PM)

Humor? I 'ardly know 'or!

@  wonko the sane? : (17 May 2019 - 03:51 PM)

I was intemately familiar with humour... but she just wanted to be friends...

@  Maximus Ambus : (17 May 2019 - 12:10 PM)

BZT Time out! Time out! Time ooooooouuuuuut!!!

@  unluckiness : (17 May 2019 - 08:23 AM)

Yes. Are you familiar with humor?

@  Sabrblade : (17 May 2019 - 07:50 AM)

You are familiar with The Room, yes?

@  unluckiness : (17 May 2019 - 01:14 AM)

nah, tuxedos are formal wear

@  Sabrblade : (16 May 2019 - 10:38 PM)

*...while dressed in a tuxedo*

@  unluckiness : (16 May 2019 - 09:22 PM)

*casually tosses kryptonite island at Lex*

@  Sean Whitmore : (16 May 2019 - 06:21 PM)

O hai Lex.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 May 2019 - 04:31 PM)

You're just a little chicken! Cheep cheepcheep cheeEeeeEEEeeeep!

@  Nevermore : (16 May 2019 - 04:20 PM)

YOU ARE TEARING ME APART

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 May 2019 - 04:14 PM)

So I guess I shouldn't try to tie in The Room.

@  TM2-Megatron : (16 May 2019 - 02:29 PM)

I was just talking cheesy in a dated filmmaking sense, not mind-bogglingly god-awful.

@  Sabrblade : (16 May 2019 - 11:49 AM)

Well, certainly The Last Airbender is worse at being a Superman movie.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 May 2019 - 11:31 AM)

Is that better or worse than The Last Airbender? I mean, they're both terrible, but....

@  RichardT1977 : (16 May 2019 - 09:28 AM)

And the worst Superman movie is "Dragonball: Evolution".

@  Paladin : (16 May 2019 - 08:01 AM)

the best Superman movie is "The Iron Giant." You cannot convince me otherwise.

@  RichardT1977 : (15 May 2019 - 10:16 PM)

At least even in the first Christopher Reeve movie, when he caught Lois that first time, the background kept scrolling down for a second to indicate it wasn't a sudden stop.

Photo
- - - - -

Bumblebee Movie Discussion - Travis Knight Saves Transformers

2021 replies to this topic

#1821 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28220 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 09:47 AM

Bumblebee is Memo's Go-Bots inspired fanfic.

Even in his fanfic, he can't get his crush. 

#1822 unluckiness

unluckiness

THE HUGGING STRONG in color

• Citizen
  • 18608 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 20 January 2019 - 09:52 AM

Also, the dude needs a moustache and goatee to fix his Bob Ross cosplay.

xOyvpt9.png

#1823 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

Creator of all things Transformers

• Citizen
  • 5430 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:36 AM

I rewatched the movie in 3D a while ago and I swear to god at a point in one of the car-scenes Memo's hair was literally the only thing in the shot sticking out of the screen in three dimensions. Pretty wild.

#1824 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15397 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 20 January 2019 - 03:43 PM

It seems today the internet was hit with a wall of sequel confirmations and sequel confirmation denials from different actual sources and then news outlets recycling the claims as they desire, while others try to deduce the truth on the presumption that the decision making process is more cohesive than it really is.

In these instances it's best to ignore everything, since a slightly ealier belief that Bumb2ebee is happening won't change the observer experience when it does (or doesn't) happen.

Maybe we'll get Bumblebee, or Optimus Prime, or Transformers 6, or Transformers DOFP, or Cybertron Adventures, it doesn't matter right now when we're still wondering if the home release will have an extended edition with the deleted scene where Charlie and Bumblebee kiss.
Woooo!

#1825 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 27628 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:18 PM

or Transformers DOFP, or Cybertron Adventures

A movie of a BotCon comic or a Wii game, eh? :p

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#1826 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9322 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:38 AM

It seems today the internet was hit with a wall of sequel confirmations and sequel confirmation denials from different actual sources and then news outlets recycling the claims as they desire, while others try to deduce the truth on the presumption that the decision making process is more cohesive than it really is.

A Google search turns up these reports starting Saturday 19 January 2019 EST of Bumblebee hitting $400 million USD worldwide, first by Deadline:

Deadline: https://deadline.com...ise-1202538143/

Forbes: https://www.cbr.com/...box-office/amp/

CBR: https://www.cbr.com/...box-office/amp/

Comicbookmovie: https://www.comicboo...anchise-a165920

Comicbook: https://comicbook.co...uture-producer/

Screenrant: https://screenrant.c...-worldwide/amp/

Then some hours later on Sunday 20 January come the claimed reports of a sequel being in development:

CBR: https://www.cbr.com/...in-development/

Cinemablend: https://amp.cinemabl...ational-success

Edited by SHIELD Agent 47, 21 January 2019 - 12:42 AM.

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#1827 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 3874 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:41 AM

Honestly I just wanna see if the energon mutation scene will make it to the DVD's deleted scenes.

#1828 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 17017 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:23 AM

If it does, I hope it's just the workprint with no effects. We don't get to see enough of the actors screaming and flailing around at nothing.

#1829 abates

abates
  • Supporter
  • 4679 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:03 AM

Seems like there might have been scenes missing even from the first cut. IMDB has a bunch of credits for Otis's karate teacher and fellow students, who don't appear in either version of the film, as far as I can tell.

Could be made up, though at least one actor's website corroborated him being in the film.

#1830 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 14038 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:58 AM

If it does, I hope it's just the workprint with no effects. We don't get to see enough of the actors screaming and flailing around at nothing.

Not since Shia stopepd being in these at least.

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#1831 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8211 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:53 PM

Bumblebee is Memo's Go-Bots inspired fanfic.

Even in his fanfic, he can't get his crush. 

My gripe about the movie is that the Decepticons don't get named again.

That said, I'd love it if someone made a cut where :

"That crazy red and black car? Her name is Crasher. And that violent blue copter dude, let's call him Coptur."

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#1832 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 7909 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:15 PM

IMDB has a bunch of credits for Otis's karate teacher and fellow students, who don't appear in either version of the film, as far as I can tell.

Man, I’m not gonna be able to get to sleep tonight, thinking about what a loss to the movie that must’ve been.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/

#1833 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9322 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:40 AM

It has been too long since I have watched Transformers on home media. Have past DVD / Blu-Ray releases contained deleted scenes?

Edited by SHIELD Agent 47, 24 January 2019 - 03:40 AM.

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#1834 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

• Citizen
  • 5430 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:29 AM

When they have they were usually featuring early unfinished CGI or were just unused animation tests. Bay tends to use everything that is usable instead of doing half measures. But who knows, maybe Travis Knight will have more content of that form in showable form.

#1835 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 11703 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:41 AM

guess China REALLY likes Bee; it got an extension to play for another month. That's rare.

https://twitter.com/...124987267997697

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#1836 LV!

LV!

• Citizen
  • 17017 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:31 PM

The thing about the Transformers is that they cost way, way, way too much to actually render out and then not use. So just about everything that ends up having effects done ends up in the final version.

The one exception that jumps out at me is the scene of Bumblebee and Tessa dancing in the AOE trailer, which looked pretty much finished but wasn't in the movie.

There are probably more or less finished human scenes that are cut, but I can't imagine anybody here is dying to see those.

(Or maybe not. Bay is notorious for bringing films in on budget, and you don't do that by shooting a bunch of crap you end up not using.)

#1837 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

• Citizen
  • 5430 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:57 PM

From what the guy that saw the March test screening said, there's two things removed from the cut he saw:

- Alot of more evil and dark John Cena scenes, some of Cena's scenes in general were reshot to make him less intense and agressive than he is in the original film even though they kept the context more or less the same.

-There's a shot of a G1-ish Megatron in Hooverdam while John Cena's character is talking to other S7 people, and the S7 staff agree that they can't tell Shatter and Dropkick they have him.

Otherwise he said the final film has alot more NEW added stuff than it has removed stuff.

#1838 Clutch

Clutch
  • Citizen
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:59 PM

I'm ultimately glad it wasn't in the final movie, but I'd like to see the frozen Megatron scene as a home release extra just because I'm curious to take a look at his design and see what was done to G1 him up.

#1839 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15397 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:02 PM

Considering how high profile he is, I'm really surprised Cena wasn't in the movie or marketting more.
Woooo!

#1840 LV!

LV!

• Citizen
  • 17017 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:07 PM

I doubt it was a clever blend of G1 and Movie Megatron or anything. Judging by the design ethos prevalent through most of the rest of the movie, it was just G1 Megatron but ineptly modeled in 3 days.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users