Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Bass X0 : (25 May 2020 - 01:28 AM)

Already seen it online.

@  -Wildstrike- : (24 May 2020 - 09:42 PM)

Who's excited for tomorrow? The only thing that makes Monday worth it is the Cyberverse episodes .-.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 May 2020 - 12:30 PM)

Welcome. I just came into that trick myself recently, so happy to share.

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 12:05 PM)

Thanks, wonko the sane? for the tip with the cloning. That helped a lot!

@  -Wildstrike- : (24 May 2020 - 12:02 PM)

Heheh.... yes... I don't think a sniper would be very good at making a vaccine... 0.0

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 11:48 AM)

All right! Cloning my old HHD to an SSD and then swapping out the drive was successful, it would appear. Finally.

@  Bass X0 : (24 May 2020 - 11:30 AM)

Scientist Perceptor is. Sniper Perceptor less so.

@  -Wildstrike- : (24 May 2020 - 10:51 AM)

Perceptor would be more responsible.

@  -Wildstrike- : (24 May 2020 - 10:48 AM)

Oof x~x

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 10:45 AM)

He'd cure the virus, but he'd probably commit at least two crimes against nature and weaponize a third in the process.

@  -Wildstrike- : (24 May 2020 - 09:39 AM)

'Horrible consequences' would most likely happen with Brainstorm...

@  -Wildstrike- : (24 May 2020 - 08:16 AM)

Totally. And Percy's not even human. XD

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 06:50 AM)

Can't do much worse than our current government, I say go for it.

@  Sabrblade : (23 May 2020 - 10:13 PM)

Little do we realize that the Perceptor in question is the Mini-Con combiner. :p

@  -Wildstrike- : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

He would!!!

@  -Wildstrike- : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

Horrible consequences? I... Doubt that would happen.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 May 2020 - 09:55 PM)

Even if he would come up with the answer by tomorrow.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 May 2020 - 09:54 PM)

I'd rather not deal with the horrible but unintended consequences of that.

@  -Wildstrike- : (23 May 2020 - 09:52 PM)

Lets let Perceptor make a vaccine for COVID-19. Who agrees with me :)

@  -Wildstrike- : (23 May 2020 - 08:43 PM)

I'll take your word for it. =D

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 May 2020 - 08:42 PM)

Although the TV edits of Robocop do contain some hilarity

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 May 2020 - 08:41 PM)

I can't think of any instance where sanitizing a film is a good thing.

@  -Wildstrike- : (23 May 2020 - 06:42 PM)

.... and thats a good thing? :doh

@  Steevy Maximus : (23 May 2020 - 06:39 PM)

I'm watching Predator on Starz! That means it has all the language and gore uncensored!

@  Sabrblade : (23 May 2020 - 04:23 PM)

*grabs popcorn*

@  -Wildstrike- : (23 May 2020 - 12:49 PM)

*watching everyone argue* O^O

@  fourteenwings : (23 May 2020 - 10:22 AM)

By that logic we might as well just get rid of the Shoutbox wholesale! I'd rather have like 3 or 4 things stuck for a week or so than one person dominating the whole thing (no offense Nevermore).

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 May 2020 - 03:30 AM)

I would argue that "full of something one doesn't read" and "devoid of reading material" are functionally identical at the end-user level. :D

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 May 2020 - 07:58 PM)

If it emptied, it would become empty.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 May 2020 - 07:53 PM)

It would be the same effect as if the shoutbox simply emptied once or twice a week.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 May 2020 - 07:27 PM)

I don't see how having walls of the same guy on top whenever I go to any page on this site is "refreshing".

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 May 2020 - 06:10 PM)

I don't know, I find the occasional flushing of the box to be refreshing.

@  Telly : (22 May 2020 - 04:20 PM)

but its gets annoying seeing a wall of text from him that takes up most of the shoutbox

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 May 2020 - 03:53 PM)

Eh, that's just Nevermore.

@  fourteenwings : (22 May 2020 - 12:11 AM)

@Nevermore: Good rule of thumb is if you feel like you need not just multiple statements but also multiple shouts to make a point, best just make a thread.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 May 2020 - 05:36 PM)

Dude, do you just, not know when to stop?

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:35 PM)

Instead of "I have only ten hours to get all my stuff from place A to place B", it's more like "I temporarily stored 90% of my stuff in easily accessible place C in my spare time, so now I have ten hours to get the remaining 10% of my stuff over to the new place before permanently saying goodbye to the old place".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 May 2020 - 03:33 PM)

At these point you two are just repeating what you already said.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:32 PM)

Again using my "moving apartments" analogy. If you can store the stuff you don't immediately need for everyday life somewhere else, it reduces the critical time of permanently switching your primary base of residence over to the new place because there's less stuff to move when the time comes.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:30 PM)

Well, my main point is that it will speed up the system migration so I have A) less system downtime because there are fewer files to transfer before the new system can be up and running and B) it reduces the risk of something going wrong during the system migration.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 May 2020 - 06:19 AM)

If your primary is getting cleaned up anyway cause you were backing stuff up, then yeah, no reason not to. But largely, it's not a necessary step.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:33 AM)

It's like you find out that there's a fire going to break out in the house you live in soon, so you find a new place, get your entire Transformers collection into safe storage, and now all that's left are the empty cabinets which you intend to move over to your new place soon. If the fire breaks out before then, sure, you'd need to get new cabinets, but your toys are already out of the danger zone.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:27 AM)

At this point, I'm in a "if the old system crashed before the new drive arrives, it will be slightly annoying, not a complete disaster" mood.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:26 AM)

I've mostly just backed up my personal files and stuff on the external hard drive. The existing Windows installment is supposed to be directly cloned to the new drive once it arrives.

@  Hg Dragon : (21 May 2020 - 01:44 AM)

Who else has ever been so out of it that you've gotten into the shower with your glasses on?

@  Echowarrior : (20 May 2020 - 11:08 PM)

Nope. We've been forced to go with Eclipse. It sucks, and I will continue to call the people in charge of the website fascists until they give me reason to do otherwise.

@  CORVUS : (20 May 2020 - 10:20 PM)

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the new layout either. Fortunately you can stay with the old one though.

@  Liege : (20 May 2020 - 08:57 PM)

So now it matches 90% of the content.

@  Trpodeca : (20 May 2020 - 05:18 PM)

Wow the new Deviantart layout is terrible.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 May 2020 - 10:39 AM)

Are you referring to cloning your drive to install into your computer as the replacement, or are you creating an image to restore from should something unforseen occur?

Photo
- - - - -

Bumblebee Movie Discussion - Travis Knight Saves Transformers

2083 replies to this topic

#1981 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7523 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 03 April 2019 - 05:02 PM

God, Ironhide's face is uglier than anything from the Bay movies.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(this is my "polite disagreement" laugh)

WsuGTl1.jpg

#1982 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 18261 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 07:22 PM

I actually don't have a problem with Ironhide's face. (Maybe that's not surprising, since I think the movie TFs have fantastic faces that aren't just magical metal human faces - well, weren't originally, anyway.) It's a little cartoony, but it has character and isn't just a human face painted silver or whatever that atrocity Arcee has is.

I do have a problem with his crapped-out body, but I've pretty much done my bit on that enough for even me to be sick of it.

#1983 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 3000 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 08:08 PM

bp6lykS.jpg

There's a snake in mah Bot.

#1984 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19557 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 08:29 PM

I wasss onccce a maaan.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#1985 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67134 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 04 April 2019 - 07:04 AM

Another Japanese animated short:

This is episode 2.

ACItEK8.png

#1986 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 18261 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 07:39 AM

My favorite thing about these is how much Bumblebee looks like Jake.

#1987 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30026 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 04 April 2019 - 09:32 AM

Does this series have a formal name?

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#1988 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

Holy Electric Boogaloo Batman! I think

• Staff
  • 14259 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 04 April 2019 - 10:13 AM

Comicbookmovie.com has an interview with Jason Drucker (Otis) about his time on the film, working with Hailee Steinfeld and what he'd like to see in a sequel. Check it out.

Its on the front page too.

Edited by GodSentinelOmega, 04 April 2019 - 10:48 AM.

fslookup.jpg

#1989 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

Creator of all things Transformers

• Citizen
  • 5502 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 04 April 2019 - 10:55 AM

Ironhide's face is actualy bad in a very specific way that makes me wonder if the artist that did the in-detail pass on the head saw the early sketch on the upper left and didn't realize the original picture has part of his chin being covered by his chest armor, leading to him really honest to god thinking that he was supposed to give Ironhide a super-low mouth with little to zero jaw-mass.

#1990 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 11:56 AM

Ironhide and Arcee's faces... doesn't really bug me?  We live in a world where AoE Drift's face exists and you basically can't get worse than that, especially when it's moving.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#1991 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30026 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 12:10 PM

Behind-the-scenes video:

Edited by Sabrblade, 04 April 2019 - 12:11 PM.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#1992 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67134 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 11:20 PM

Watched this on 4K. My first viewing since it was in the theaters. Definitely liked it more a second time. Not that I didn't like it the first time, just more now.

Cena in the outtakes is pretty great.

ACItEK8.png

#1993 tec

tec

Jumblebee

• Supporter
  • 32348 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 07 April 2019 - 07:11 PM

I think the BB movie is doing really good in home sales I went to go buy a copy today and Walmart normal NR section of them where sold out of the Blueray

Edited by tec, 07 April 2019 - 07:11 PM.

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#1994 Gizmoboy

Gizmoboy

I live to serve

• Administrator
  • 10240 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:49 AM

I've been to 6 different Walmart, Meijer, and Target stores this past weekend and all of them were sold out of the 4K copy.  However, seeing the news on the front page about the digital download of the original 1986 movie when you buy Bumblebee in 4K, I'm glad I've waited until now.  That's a nice little bonus to get.

#1995 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 39897 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:24 AM

Front page!

https://www.allspark...ftm-on-digital/

I've been to 6 different Walmart, Meijer, and Target stores this past weekend and all of them were sold out of the 4K copy.  However, seeing the news on the front page about the digital download of the original 1986 movie when you buy Bumblebee in 4K, I'm glad I've waited until now.  That's a nice little bonus to get.

Be wary. There is a little confusion on whether they mean TFTM or the 2007 Bayverse film when they say the Original Transformers. Dang Gen Z not knowing their TF history!

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#1996 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 3205 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:50 AM

The package said to look for a code on your receipt, but mine was codeless. Curious if I bought mine too early for this promo to be in their system yet.
"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I'd rather believe that Time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment -- because they'll never come again."

#1997 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30026 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:09 AM

Front page!

https://www.allspark...ftm-on-digital/

Be wary. There is a little confusion on whether they mean TFTM or the 2007 Bayverse film when they say the Original Transformers. Dang Gen Z not knowing their TF history!

Technically, the 2007 one was the original "Transformers" film, while the 1986 one was "The Transformers: The Movie". :D

Edited by Sabrblade, 09 April 2019 - 11:10 AM.

#1998 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67134 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 12:16 PM

Episode 3:

ACItEK8.png

#1999 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 39897 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:23 AM

I finally saw this movie last night, and it was awesome! It definitely is the best Transformers movie since 1986!

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#2000 abates

abates
  • Supporter
  • 4871 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 02:22 AM

I am currently making copious amounts of screencaps for the wiki, and am dearly loving this movie.

But something bugs me about the the scene at Sector 7 with Whalen, Powell and Burns debating whether to let the Decepticons have access. The long shots of the table have Whalen on the left and Burns on the right with Powell standing behind it, but then the individual shots of Whalen and Burns are from Powell's side of the table which makes it kinda disorientating.

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users