Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Sukoshiko : (25 October 2020 - 12:25 AM)

Tesla Cybertruck: amazing or just silly looking? I can't decide.

@  Sukoshiko : (25 October 2020 - 12:24 AM)

Weird question: I had to deal with a guy today... I'm not exactly up on modern fashions... or even archaic fashions... But this guy... Tuxedo Jacket and shirt, studs in all the button holes except the bottom one, blue jeans, and cowboy boots... Take a moment to imagine that get up. And this was to a business meeting, trying to impress someone. What look is that? Who on earth would dress that way? (I mean on purpose)

@  wonko the sane? : (24 October 2020 - 06:04 PM)

I think the few up here were lost to bad placement, poor weather, and the usual language trap.

@  TM2-Megatron : (24 October 2020 - 04:25 PM)

There are 5 spread around southwestern Ontario, all run by the same company. I've only been to the one in my area, but it seems to do good business even in non-pandemic times. On long weekends, when they do triple features, there's a normally a lineup to get in Friday and Saturday nights

@  Telly : (24 October 2020 - 01:51 PM)

there been one outside of my town for as long as ive been alive at least. its gone through its share of owners and periods of being closed down, but its been open for the past decade at least

@  Otaku : (24 October 2020 - 12:08 PM)

Bias from personal experience, but drive-in theaters are nearly extinct.  I grew up near one but it went out of business in the late 80s, and was torn down and replaced with some other business by the early 90s.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 October 2020 - 07:47 AM)

Out here, I mean. Couldn't comment on their popularity in place where they actually exist.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 October 2020 - 06:44 AM)

I wouldn't know. They've only come back into vogue with the social distancing from the plague, and while some places have made an effort to shoestring the places together, it's all largely too distant to be accessible.

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 October 2020 - 09:46 PM)

I'd hate to see ours replaced by condos. They're a great way to spend an evening, whether with family or on a date. And they've never been as common in Canada as the US, so we cna't afford to lose as many

@  wonko the sane? : (23 October 2020 - 09:45 PM)

Largely they were either poorly placed or bought out and torn down to be replaced by something other than over priced short term parking. Mostly condos.

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 October 2020 - 09:14 PM)

I guess your winters are worse, so they have a shorter operating season. Drive-ins in the Toronto area can usually operate until early or mid-December; maybe even into early January if there's no real snowfall, and open up again sometime in March.

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 October 2020 - 09:13 PM)

THere's really only 1 left in the entire province?

@  wonko the sane? : (23 October 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Ha! It's probably faster for me to drive to your drive in than to make my way to the only one left in quebec.

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 October 2020 - 06:57 PM)

Fortunately we still have a drive-in theatre that's exempt from the closures about a 10 minute drive away

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 October 2020 - 06:57 PM)

Theatres around here are closed again for at least another couple weeks (wouldn't be surprised if it's extended by another month or so, either), but that's what they've been doing here as well. Playing the old classics

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 October 2020 - 02:36 PM)

I got Earthrise Megatron, he's better then I thought he'd be though Netflix Megatron is still tops.

@  Bass X0 : (23 October 2020 - 10:44 AM)

The original Rocky movie is also showing. May go next weekend. That’s how you get people back in the theatres - show the old classics every adult loves.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 October 2020 - 10:35 AM)

They did a limited run showing of it up here too, back when the theaters were open... red zones suck.

@  Bass X0 : (23 October 2020 - 10:13 AM)

The original Back To The Future is showing in the Odeon in the UK now. I think I will go see it tomorrow.

@  Donocropolis : (23 October 2020 - 05:51 AM)

It was either the Bumblebee or Cliffjumper. Can't remember the colors.

@  Kalidor : (22 October 2020 - 06:43 PM)

What did it look like?

@  Donocropolis : (22 October 2020 - 01:34 PM)

I swear I remember getting the Happymeal G1 minibot as a child, but I live 2.5 hours from St. Louis, which is the only place they apparently came out. It's possible that I got it on a family vacation, though, as we went to Six Flags pretty often.

@  ▲ndrusi : (22 October 2020 - 01:07 PM)

Conversely, I had the Gobot helicopter from Wendy's and I was absolutely convinced it was an actual Transformer.

@  Donocropolis : (22 October 2020 - 08:13 AM)

I used to rubber-band Hot-Wheels style construction vehicles together and pretend it was Devestator.

@  Bass X0 : (21 October 2020 - 05:26 PM)

When I was about four years old, my parents bought me Bugbite and tried to tell me it was Bumblebee. I was not yet a fan of Transformers, but I knew that wasn't Bumblebee. I didn't even have the real Bumblebee at that time.

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 October 2020 - 01:39 PM)

It would come with two soundtracks: the eighties classic and one featuring dubstep and the VAs are popular Youtubers.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 October 2020 - 12:13 PM)

But yeah, reading it: I came off as a bit of an ass.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 October 2020 - 11:52 AM)

I just couldn't think of worse music than disco...

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 October 2020 - 11:35 AM)

What were you trying to imply with the mocking sarcasm, though? Nobody suggested that '80s music was any more "of it's time" than '70s music.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 October 2020 - 11:18 AM)

I said that disco wouldn't fare much better with the same context: media is property of it's time; biases, culture and limitations are all inherent in that. Some stuff can be brought forward because of an inherently timeless nature or the simplicity with which it was made but lots of media is a time capsule of the period of when it was made.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 October 2020 - 08:46 AM)

I'm not sure what you're trying to imply, or what you even think I said.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 October 2020 - 08:11 AM)

Yeah, cause disco would make the transition so much better...

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 October 2020 - 07:17 AM)

I feel the '80s music would be jarring when running over current-day CGI instead of well, '80s visuals.

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 October 2020 - 05:39 AM)

Not a remake, reanimated scene for scene, like that fan vid titled they were always real to me.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 October 2020 - 04:37 AM)

Because we need more remakes these days.

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 October 2020 - 01:36 AM)

Be a hoot if these Studio Series 86 toys led to Transformers The Move Reanimated like Pokemon Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution.

@  Paladin : (20 October 2020 - 05:15 PM)

only takes three pounds to be a cereal killer.

@  Kalidor : (20 October 2020 - 04:54 PM)

5 pounds is a lot of cereal! /deadpan

@  Maximus Ambus : (20 October 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Seems the area near my work place is due to be gentrified. Electric car ports, fifty pound haircuts and five pound bowls of cereal in breakfast cafes I'll bet.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 October 2020 - 11:31 PM)

@ZakuConvoy Lumines Electric Symphony. So still halfway interesting, and it’ll play on the PS TV

@  Demovere Xeno : (19 October 2020 - 10:36 PM)

@Maximus: I paired the Battle Patrol with Ironworks and they look good together, though the Off Road Patrol would probably fit best as vehicles you're likely to find at a construction site.

@  ZakuConvoy : (19 October 2020 - 09:39 PM)

So...was it something like Tearaway or Gravity Rush or was it just a FIFA or a Madden?

@  wonko the sane? : (19 October 2020 - 08:26 PM)

Sounds like they need to clean more often.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 October 2020 - 06:51 PM)

From the depths of Walmart's backroom comes...a Playstation Vita game in 2020?

@  Telly : (19 October 2020 - 02:20 PM)

and my bow

@  Donocropolis : (19 October 2020 - 11:49 AM)

<GIMLI> And my axe! </GIMLI>

@  Donocropolis : (19 October 2020 - 11:47 AM)

He's got my vote!

@  wonko the sane? : (19 October 2020 - 11:26 AM)

Mayor?

@  Maximus Ambus : (19 October 2020 - 07:38 AM)

Greasepit for the Sports Car Patrol, Airwave for the Airstrike Patrol, Hot House for the Rescue Patrol, Ironworks for ????

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 October 2020 - 04:09 AM)

My local Walmart FINALLY got a restock of Generations during the early September reset and got a big shipment of Earthrise wave 1 (the first I’d seen around here). IF, and that’s a big IF, they restock I’m expecting a bunch of wave 3. Or wave 2. But we’ll be skipping one of those waves.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Power of the Primes General Discussion - Special Edition links on Amazon, page 411

reveals rumors Power of the Primes Prime Wars SDCC

9053 replies to this topic

#21 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40686 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:21 PM

https://pbs.twimg.co...QtUVoAABF4k.jpg

Dunno how likely these are, but given how all the other unlikely predictions turned out, might as well post it here.

why are they trying to console me with "don't worry the toys won't be headmasters" like, you don't know me, man

#22 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42564 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:24 PM

An Optimal Optimus with either TM Primal or G1 Optimus is all my gimme.

But probably not from a mold shared with Apeface.

#23 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 18895 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:30 PM

Most changes to Apeface would be improvements.

#24 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 44352 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:35 PM

Would it have killed Hasbro to have actually put Apeface and Snapdragon in the line that was all about Headmasters and even have triple-changing Headmasters?

Seems so.

The way I look at it is that Hasbro were only able/willing to make five unique Voyager molds for Titans Return. Since every Voyager had to be a triple changer, they decided that doing the three triple changer Decepticons and the remaining triple changer Autobot was a better choice. And Galvatron's just in there as the big name character. If the line had continued longer, I would have fully expected Apeface and Snapdragon to have been the next two molds, even if they had to share a mold in the same way Alpha Trion and Broadside do. 

Just because you can't win doesn't mean you stop working.

#25 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18950 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:46 PM

What makes me raise my eyebrow at this is that Optimus Primal won the whole "Who is the Next Prime" vote, and seeing that lead to an Amazon/BBTS exclusive seems a little... off... to me?

Then again, Victorion was a a poll winner, and wasn't she exclusive?

And I guess there could be multiple Primals, though I'd have to admit that would surprise me, winner or no.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#26 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40686 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:48 PM

And I guess there could be multiple Primals, though I'd have to admit that would surprise me, winner or no.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

After all, this will be our second 2017ish Apeface.  There's room for two Primals.

#27 DeltaSeeker

DeltaSeeker
  • Supporter
  • 4844 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:07 PM

Hm... how about Apeface and Snapdragon with regular heads... that can be removed like Nitro Zeus', so you can swap them with their respective Titan Masters?  I wouldn't mind that.

#28 Chip

Chip

Machine Saurer, my strength / Only you can understand my heart.

• Citizen
  • 8242 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:16 PM

Eight deluxes, none of them new molds, presumably from after the 2012 design shift, as Beast Wars characters? The options seem limited. Obviously there's Waspinator and Rattrap, but if you're using them you'd use the voyager Rhinox too.

I guess if they do the Titans Return Grotusque I've been hoping for, they could redeco him as an unsatisfying TM2 Cheetor. Weirdwolf as Silverbolt? Paralon as Scorponok is obvious but also redundant.

I kind of do expect a Beast Wars segment in POTP, but I don't expect it to be this.

#29 unluckiness

unluckiness

The wonder of amazement

• Citizen
  • 20582 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:32 PM

It wouldn't be out of the question for a retool to add/remove a gimmick, I guess. Kinda like leader Ultra Magnus and PM Optimus

XgxCpmP.png

#30 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36877 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:35 PM

Hm... how about Apeface and Snapdragon with regular heads... that can be removed like Nitro Zeus', so you can swap them with their respective Titan Masters?  I wouldn't mind that.

Snapdragon currently doesn't have a Titan Master. 

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#31 DeltaSeeker

DeltaSeeker
  • Supporter
  • 4844 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:48 PM

Snapdragon currently doesn't have a Titan Master. 

I got mixed up with Crashbash.  I need to stop posting late :p

#32 unitremover

unitremover
  • Retired Staff
  • 1537 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:57 PM

This was also some anonymous 4chan rumor but I saw something on Twitter a few weeks ago that was saying that the whole main gimmick of PotP was going to be some weird toys-to-life, mobile app thing. I wish I could remember where I saw it so I could actually share it and remember what the other details of it were but it certainly sounded more interesting than this. Also fairly unlikely, but still.

#33 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS
  • Supporter
  • 18108 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:52 AM

I took this rumor to say Optimus and Megatron won't be headmasters cause that would make me sad? But it says nothing to confirm the horrorcons would not have them.
Http://www.scatterville.com

#34 Kira Kira

Kira Kira

Gimmick Princess

• Supporter
  • 2226 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:02 AM

I'm calling bull on this rumor.

I mean everything here seems kinda believable, but that doesn't instill me with confidence. Also eight Beast Wars deluxes yet no original molds? I mean there's not enough deluxe animal molds in the whole Generations line, let alone ones that line up well with Beast Wars characters.

I mean unless we're getting some Predacons in PotP? And this line is repaints of them? That could work. But I feel like whoever has this awesome inside knowledge would have hyped that up too
Looking for Combiner Hunters Chromia and Arcee! If you can help plz pm me

My Amazon wish list~! http://a.co/4lE2Xrw

#35 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Inside of every demon is a rainbow!

• Supporter
  • 52003 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:10 AM

I think we've just hit a point where there was a string of fairly credible rumors and and not a lot of this sort of awesome inside sources spam, so we're back to being somewhat vulnerable to them. I genuinely don't think this warrants consideration, it's just spam. 

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#36 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 14567 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:17 AM

Again, yeah, while the "oh but they won't be Headmasters" thing is a bit if a plus for ME, it's also one of the biggest strikes here for the same reason -- as it kind of comes across as "don't worry they finally wised up and stopped making everything Headmasters".

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#37 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40686 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:04 AM

If Apeface and Snapdragon are PoTP product, then, like, Titans Return is actually kind of over, since they would have been the final Voyager wave, so maybe they should hurry announcing POTP officially or something.

#38 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 18260 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 04:06 AM

If Apeface and Snapdragon are PoTP product, then, like, Titans Return is actually kind of over, since they would have been the final Voyager wave, so maybe they should hurry announcing POTP officially or something.

Looks at calendar for SDCC date...

-ZacWilliam, mmm not as soon as I'd like...
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#39 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29349 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 04:08 AM

SDCC needs to give us Trypticon, so A1 toys can quickly reduce it to less than UK retail.

#40 unluckiness

unluckiness

The wonder of amazement

• Citizen
  • 20582 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 04:32 AM

If the first reports are correct, you should be able to grab one for really really cheap.

You're fine with trypticon not having legs right?

XgxCpmP.png

Reply to this topic

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users