Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 January 2018 - 10:46 PM)

Also true.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 January 2018 - 10:40 PM)

I hate brick and mortar stores around here.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 January 2018 - 10:38 PM)

But I like the feel of the brick and mortar search a bit more. And I can see inside packages at brick and mortar. True, Amazon has a good return policy, but I like buying once and settling.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 January 2018 - 10:37 PM)

I suppose I could save more if I bought more often from Amazon.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 January 2018 - 10:36 PM)

Closest I got to "free" was 30% off warpath, which just about lined him up to the canadian price had he ever shown up around me. The pile of loot saved me a pile, but it was still pricy.

@  Shrug : (17 January 2018 - 09:34 PM)

Yeah, I purposefully waited on them because I knew they'd be perfect "add onto orders to get free shipping" fodder. Already gotten two that way. Technically "free" and I barely had to wait.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 January 2018 - 09:21 PM)

That's how I feel about Prime Masters. Getting back into collecting last year taught me to be patient, which grants rewards most of the time.

@  Shrug : (17 January 2018 - 09:18 PM)

I want Starscream so hard after seeing him in person, but since he's the one being left behind by every other collector in my area, I feel like I can wait for a sale.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 January 2018 - 09:09 PM)

I mean: I maybe woulda jumped on starscream if I found a sale or something, but it wasn't a priority.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 January 2018 - 09:08 PM)

I only wanted the dinobots (cause... volcanicus.) but got saddled with three I didn't want due to the bundling. I'd still be waiting to order if I had waited on individual figures.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 January 2018 - 08:27 PM)

Ahh.. I just ordered the whole case cause I wanted too. :)

@  wonko the sane? : (17 January 2018 - 06:49 PM)

Mostly PotP dinobots. Plus some stuff I couldn't opt out of to get those dinobots. And CW warpath... cause he was on sale.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 January 2018 - 04:54 PM)

What ya getting?

@  wonko the sane? : (17 January 2018 - 04:38 PM)

Yay! My package from BBTS is in canada! I might even get it this week!

@  Benbot : (17 January 2018 - 02:04 PM)

I need a laptop more than a new desktop

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 January 2018 - 01:18 PM)

Buying a pre-built computer you should be okay.. It's just the individual parts that jumped huge in price.

@  Paladin : (17 January 2018 - 01:14 PM)

well all the idiots who invested in "bitcoin" will be selling theirs en masse to make ends meet so you might be able to find something cheap if you watch auctions.

@  Benbot : (17 January 2018 - 12:59 PM)

Is now a good time to buy a computer? Or should I wait?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 January 2018 - 12:01 PM)

I pointed out that I'm on disabilty.. I don't have to pretend to be an adult anymore. ;D

@  MEDdMI : (17 January 2018 - 11:25 AM)

Also Bayonetta 3.

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 January 2018 - 10:55 AM)

Nintendo also announced Dark Souls for the Switch, so those people should shut up.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 January 2018 - 10:51 AM)

Apparently people are freaking out that Nintendo announced something for kids and kids at heart. And people are absolutely freaking out about it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 January 2018 - 10:23 AM)

...what?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 January 2018 - 10:16 AM)

Why is something for kids and "kids at heart" so bad? :(

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 January 2018 - 09:05 PM)

I vote kidnap Reggie.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 January 2018 - 07:20 PM)

Just post it on the net.. Or maybe kidnapp Reggie and make them do a Nintendo Direct about it. ;)

@  wonko the sane? : (16 January 2018 - 06:50 PM)

Rent a space and do a webcast?

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 January 2018 - 06:22 PM)

They could just do a panel at RI ComicCon or something.

@  abates : (16 January 2018 - 05:51 PM)

I wonder how they'll do the Hall of Fame this year without a convention to hold the award ceremony at.

@  B-Fox : (16 January 2018 - 01:33 PM)

metalhawk

@  Shrug : (16 January 2018 - 01:21 PM)

I love RotF Mixmaster, if that means anything.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 January 2018 - 12:42 PM)

Ehh.. when they get to complicated.. it gets annoying. PotP Optimus is decent. Rodimus pushes it just a little.

@  Locoman : (16 January 2018 - 12:32 PM)

Part of the appeal of Transformers for me has always been the mechanical puzzle angle, so I really enjoyed the ROTF/TF2010 line when that angle hit its zenith.

@  Locoman : (16 January 2018 - 12:31 PM)

I'm probably one of the few people who really enjoys complicated, fiddly transformations.

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 January 2018 - 12:14 PM)

Some were decent, but many suffered from that "collector mentality" where it just LOOKED good in both modes...but the engineering was complex merely for the sake of it.

@  Shrug : (16 January 2018 - 10:30 AM)

Huh. That's dissapointing. I had completely missed the Alternators and had just always assumed they were good based on how they looked in photos.

@  Pennpenn : (16 January 2018 - 03:34 AM)

I liked the Alternator Tracks mold. I think everyone agrees the Grimjack mold was just kinda shit even if you didn't care about it being Grimlock as a car.

@  Steevy Maximus : (15 January 2018 - 09:16 PM)

My local dept. store Shopko always seemed to get a few late run gems, like Blast Attack Optimus Primal and hard to find collection 2 Revenge of the Sith toys.

@  Steevy Maximus : (15 January 2018 - 09:15 PM)

Still wish I had snagged that extra Swerve I saw on clearance at Shopko, though

@  RichardT1977 : (15 January 2018 - 08:50 PM)

Smokescreen was the only Alternator I ever got.

@  Telly : (15 January 2018 - 07:24 PM)

i sold all my alternators last year

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 January 2018 - 05:27 PM)

Hound isn't bad, and, uh........

@  Paladin : (15 January 2018 - 05:23 PM)

there's only like 3 Alternator molds at most that still hold up...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (15 January 2018 - 01:09 PM)

There were no shelfwarmer Altenators where I lived.. Cause no one ever got them in. x.x;

@  Bass X0 : (15 January 2018 - 12:57 PM)

I have Alternators Nemesis Prime since he was a shelf warmer here.

@  unluckiness : (15 January 2018 - 10:07 AM)

You wouldn't want to anyway

@  Chromedome113 : (15 January 2018 - 07:21 AM)

My first Prime was Alternators Optimus, I still can't transform him

@  Shrug : (14 January 2018 - 06:42 PM)

Ah. I'll try to remember that, but I keep forgetting "Gobots" the Autobot even existed.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 January 2018 - 05:02 PM)

"Gobots" is the G2 Autobot Color Changer.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 January 2018 - 05:01 PM)

@Shrug That would be "Go-Bots".

Photo
- - - - -

Robots in Disguise (2015-2017) toyline coming to an end; Thermidor and Bludgeon sightings, page 8

181 replies to this topic

#1 Nevermore

Nevermore

Unionized and proud of it.

• Supporter
  • 11793 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:13 PM

About a year ago, I started this thread, in which I assumed that because pretty much all RID toys that had either been officially revealed by Hasbro, or leaked through the RID mobile game, had been released in some market at that time, the line was mostly finished.

Hasbro then proved me wrong by announcing the "Combiner Force" subline imprint, which is by this point at least a close tie with the previous subline imprint, "Mini-Con Weaponizers", in terms of sheer output of product released under the branding.

We've currently reached yet another point where nearly all figures we know about have been released somewhere in the world, with the only ones currently still unaccounted for being One-Step Changer Soundwave and Team Combiner Galvatronus.

And while I still think there must have been a reason for the drastic shift in focur for the RID toyline from introducing Mini-Cons, to making Mini-Cons the focus of an entire subline imprint, to dropping Mini-Cons almost entirely in favor of a completely different gimmick (and, again, the fact that the final two waves of the single-pack Mini-Cons were only released at clearance chains in the US, while the Weaponizer single packs have never been reported found at US retail at all), I won't make the same mistake again and prematurely predict the end of the line, especially since there currently doesn't seem to be any price point that's severely lagging behind in terms of retail release.

Whether you like it or not, the RID line has already endured for an impressive two and a half years, having been extended via two fully-fledged subline imprints that allowed several price points that have been there since the launch of the line at the end of 2014 to reach wave numbers in the lower double digits, which by itself is a fairly impressive feat.

Just for some perspective, the Titans Return line has also reached the point where nearly all the figures we know about have been released in one form or another, and San Diego Comic-Con is just around the corner.

So my question is: What do you think? Is RID done for good this time? Will Hasbro announce a successor at SDCC? Or will they surprise us again by announcing yet another gimmick-based subline imprint completely out of the left field? Or will they just extend Combiner Force and call it a day?

Edited by Nevermore, 08 December 2017 - 05:12 PM.

"'[Foreigners] at least need to be able to speak proper German.' Okay, what the hell is that supposed to be? Proper German'? Where do they speak that? Have you ever been there? Are you German? Can you engage in a conversation in a Swabian pub? Most people from Cologne already fail at asking for directions in the Eifel region."
- Volker Pispers, German comedian

#2 Broadside

Broadside

THE DOG?!?!

• Citizen
  • 9116 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:19 PM

It's really too early to say. They'll extend the line if they do another season of the show, but we don't know if they'll do that. (They might do one more to pad things out before the Boulder Media show.)

card-rewind.jpg

#3 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Noideaforamembertitleeither

• Citizen
  • 1345 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:32 PM

It is the show that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started watching it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue watching it forever just because this is the show that never ends...

#4 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 1717 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:54 PM

I think its likely that the RID toyline has run its course from Hasbro's propective and its time for a new gimmick of some kind to take its place, not that I bought any of the RID stuff, its pretty likely the latest reboot is on the horzion, TF lines don't last very long these days because they like to keep things fresh and try and prevent what happened to G1 where things stagnated, thou that was also largely down to the show ending its run.

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#5 The Satan

The Satan

Unenthusiastic Handjob Connoisseur

• Citizen
  • 6723 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 07:14 PM

Please kill it

#6 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 9239 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:18 PM

Is it wrong that I want the line to last long enough to give us a repaint and remold of Blurr into a new character? Or at least a different one?

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#7 unluckiness

unluckiness

If you want to train with me, you need to make me laugh first

• Citizen
  • 15973 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:24 PM

If the show's hit 65 episodes after Combiner Force, maybe

CNF5KJw.png

#8 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 25111 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:08 PM

Is it wrong that I want the line to last long enough to give us a repaint and remold of Blurr into a new character? Or at least a different one?

I'd be shocked if they haven't at least considered Wheeljack.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#9 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 3747 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:27 PM

If the show's hit 65 episodes after Combiner Force, maybe

Assuming Combiner force gets a full season (or a 3 and 3.5), it would indeed surpass 65 episodes (even a shorter 13 episode season would take the count to 58 episodes, and the second season was technically 19 episodes)

I think Hasbro's non-committal slide from the investor info speaks volumes. It indicated Transformers animated content for the 5-10 (ish) range was slated for 2018 and 2019, but unlike Rescue Bots, didn't maintain a branding.

My belief is that 2.5-3 years, somewhere around (or beyond) 65 episodes of animated content, a modestly successful app integration...I can see Hasbro wrapping it and developing a new concept. We know Boulder Studios is working on a new series, and it is rare for us to hear of new series more than a year or so out. And given broader market trends, RiD is reaching a successful "end date" for its branding (Disney's Ultimate Spider-Man wrapped last year after 4-odd years and 104 episodes, and is being replaced by the "Homecoming" inspired series this fall).

All of that spooled out my head...I can see this being RiD's final year. We might see a last gasp next spring (maybe some reruns of Warrior and Legion figures that have been out of cirulation for a while like Jazz and Sideswipe), but with the reported "more modest" Bumblebee film next year, Hasbro would be in a solid spot to launch a major new mainstream animation project. Though, I could also see (depending on distribution venue for the next series and performance of RiD this year alongside TLK) Hasbro taking a "victory lap" through all of next year, relying on the Netflix reruns and reused assets to eek out a cheap filler year (an unlikely scenario IMO)

That said, I don't feel we've seen all the remainder of the year for Combiner Force. I figure at least another couple of Legion, Warrior and ONe Step waves, and another batch for the other assortments beyond what we've seen.

I also don't expect Hasbro to reveal anything about the next series until at LEAST HasCon, if not next Toy Fair. Since collectors OBVIOUSLY don't care about all this kiddie crap.

Edited by Steevy Maximus, 09 June 2017 - 11:31 PM.

#10 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Citizen
  • 12984 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 01:14 AM

I'm hoping for more. It's been a fun and varied line (set of sublines?) for kids, with occasional Warrior stuff for old farts like me who are set in their ways. So set, in fact, that I still want this line to give me a damn Warrior Springload (because those KO guys who upsize everything seemingly won't touch kiddie stuff, aside from the first wave of RID)...

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#11 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 25854 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 01:49 AM

I still think the kid focus line would benefit from the customisation stuff they keep putting into Generations.

That or paint. Good word do RID toys need paint. Windblade looks like a prototype, not a completed retail toy.

#12 unluckiness

unluckiness

If you want to train with me, you need to make me laugh first

• Citizen
  • 15973 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 01:53 AM

Or even the stickers they insist on using.

CNF5KJw.png

#13 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 13480 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 08:55 AM

I would very much like RID to keep going, even if it won't give us toys of a lot of the Decepticons, but my gut feeling is that it's winding down. There are probably waves for this year we haven't seen yet - I hope - but I'd be inclined to bet against 2018 RID product.

I would also be inclined to bet against the next series being a continuation of Aligned, also despite my wishes. Maybe it'll be a new movieverse-inspired show, or something entirely new...but God it feels like the Hasbro zeitgeist is for a limp G1 remake that everyone hates anyway for not being enough like [preferred existing G1 of choice].

#14 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 17921 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:03 AM

I don't mind if RiD wraps up so much (not that I don't like it, but all good things...). I am hopeful that whatever follows is still in Aligned, though... if only because I'm happy that the war is over and done with and I don't want them to reboot with that as their starting point again.

This franchise has shown that it can do so much more in recent years, and I'm worried that if nothing else, the temptation to "go back to what works" might be too great for the powers that be if they decide to start completely anew.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#15 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 9239 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:41 AM

Here's hoping this is the thread for reporting this. Toysrus.ca has listings up for Twinferno and Thermidor. Do they ship to the USA?

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#16 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Staff
  • 24753 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:48 PM

The Aligned Continuity will never die.  It's unkillable.

VOTE FOR SNAPDRAGON: GETTING KRUNK SINCE 1987!

card-snapdragon.jpg

Spoiler

#17 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 25854 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:51 PM

Aligned continuity can never die! Only the tone it is portrayed in!!

#18 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 11793 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:00 PM

Here's hoping this is the thread for reporting this. Toysrus.ca has listings up for Twinferno and Thermidor. Do they ship to the USA?

Amazon Canada also has listings, but "currently unavailable":
Twinferno
Bludgeon
Thermidor

Also included in this wave are re-releases of Warrior Bumblebee in his original 2014 deco (which was already re-released in "Mini-Con Weaponizers"-style packaging) and Power Surge Optimus Prime (the non-TRU exclusive deco).

Meanwhile, Smyths (UK retailer) has listings for Twinferno and Bludgeon.

Edited by Nevermore, 16 July 2017 - 03:01 PM.

"'[Foreigners] at least need to be able to speak proper German.' Okay, what the hell is that supposed to be? Proper German'? Where do they speak that? Have you ever been there? Are you German? Can you engage in a conversation in a Swabian pub? Most people from Cologne already fail at asking for directions in the Eifel region."

#19 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 11793 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:04 PM

I might point out that a Legion Class Twinferno listing has recently been discovered, so we're currently at three known upcoming toys (One-Step Changer Soundwave, Team Combiner Galvatronus and Legion Class Twinferno).
https://www.allspark...nferno-planned/

Edited by Nevermore, 16 July 2017 - 03:06 PM.

#20 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 25111 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:15 PM

Aligned continuity can never die! Only the tone it is portrayed in!!

Aligned continuity can never die. Only Cliffjumper and various Decepticons.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users