Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 April 2018 - 08:52 PM)

Just a few more days until my Battletech key goes live on GOG...

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 April 2018 - 08:51 PM)

The first Transformers live action film really IS a lot better than what popular culture has made it out to be.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 April 2018 - 08:27 PM)

I dunno if I'd go that far. I enjoyed the first Bayformers more than the MMPR Movie remake

@  RichardT1977 : (21 April 2018 - 08:22 PM)

For the record, it was better than the (live-action) Transformers movies.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 April 2018 - 08:21 PM)

No, I wasn't at the krispy kreme when I beat them. Wait, what?

@  Paladin : (21 April 2018 - 08:13 PM)

go back to Krispy Kreme

@  wonko the sane? : (21 April 2018 - 07:08 PM)

I beat five teenagers with attitude before, I can do it again.

@  Pennpenn : (21 April 2018 - 07:02 PM)

Great, after ten thousand years Wonko is free again. Does this mean more Power Rangers are needed? Again?

@  Patchouli Kn... : (21 April 2018 - 06:14 PM)

Ah, the layer of ice that froze it shut finally melted?

@  wonko the sane? : (21 April 2018 - 09:14 AM)

Oh my god! GUYS! It's actually warm enough I was able to open my window!

@  Sabrblade : (20 April 2018 - 11:14 PM)

Eh, I guess. He did fairly well on his own as an independent in his first appearance and such.

@  Otaku : (20 April 2018 - 10:04 PM)

@Sabrblade Vulture tends to fare poorly as his own boss. Working for a great version of Doc Ock ain't a bad gig... and I did ask if about "bad" as opposed to "not the best". ;)

@  Plokatron : (20 April 2018 - 09:53 PM)

@Egon1982 No my friend Mutator Spiders as in get caught in their web and you are mutated into a even more animalistic creature than you were. Hordika were Half Sentient beings half Wild animal and unlike Spiderman it affected each race slightly differnt with Toa being of a similar mutation to each other. My guess for Spiderman is he would become more spider like but with a inside skeletal structure hmm wonder what Visorak Venom would do to CNA make Dinobot Predacon like monsters or something wild?!

@  Paladin : (20 April 2018 - 04:15 PM)

compared to the "youth-sucking" gimmick from the other series? BIG step up.

@  Sabrblade : (20 April 2018 - 03:57 PM)

@Otaku: What about that show's take on Vulture? He had potential at first but he eventually just settled into being a lackey rather than his own boss.

@  Egon1982 : (20 April 2018 - 02:44 PM)

Did anyone else thought Thunder in Big Trouble in Little China when he was inflating looked like a garbage pail kid before he blew up into salad? I always thought that since seeing the movie in theaters at age 5. 

@  Egon1982 : (20 April 2018 - 02:25 PM)

Mutator spiders as in man-spider?

@  Otaku : (20 April 2018 - 11:06 AM)

Shocker was a pretty good villain in The Spectacular Spider-Man animated series. Wait, does that count since I can't think of a bad take on any character from that series? ;)

@  Arazyr : (20 April 2018 - 09:26 AM)

Ontario/Detroit area? Yeah. Supposedly, you could feel it from where I live, but I didn't notice. I never feel these things. 8(

@  Paladin : (20 April 2018 - 07:08 AM)

so that WAS an earthquake last night...

@  Plokatron : (19 April 2018 - 09:43 PM)

Webhead Vs. Mutater Spiders. Hmmm I can see this ending badly with HordikaMan Hey maybe it'd make Venom catchable with spider sense.

@  Broadside : (19 April 2018 - 09:16 PM)

Can't wait for Spider-Man to fight the Visorak

@  RichardT1977 : (19 April 2018 - 05:32 PM)

Aw, man!

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 April 2018 - 04:47 PM)

SNIPER NO SNIPING

@  Bass X0 : (19 April 2018 - 04:33 PM)

SNIPERER!

@  Paladin : (19 April 2018 - 10:34 AM)

hated that game. damn sniper level's insane.

@  Plokatron : (19 April 2018 - 08:21 AM)

You know what's funny? Both Spiderman and Bionicle have a title in common. Web of Shadows. :p

@  Liege : (19 April 2018 - 08:03 AM)

Don't mocks the Shocker!

@  unluckiness : (19 April 2018 - 04:46 AM)

But he's the second lamest Spider-Man villain

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 April 2018 - 10:56 PM)

You know.. for all intents and purposes, Shocker should have won in Kamen Rider 71.

@  Plokatron : (18 April 2018 - 06:55 PM)

:wtf :D :wtf Can't wait can't wait just a couple more days and I'm at Comiccon Cape! Gonna be a blast! I hope they have that freaking proper Master Sword Replica this year with the black handel (I love the one from the old comic drawn by the guy who did Cyborg 009)!!!

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 April 2018 - 05:55 AM)

Found on Cranialtome.

@  unluckiness : (18 April 2018 - 05:32 AM)

Oh, so MP-scaled Bill Cypher with stupidly fiddly hands.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 April 2018 - 08:47 AM)

through a third party on facebook.

@  RichardT1977 : (16 April 2018 - 11:30 PM)

Did the Vok know Bill Cipher?

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 April 2018 - 08:09 PM)

See my thread ;)

@  wonko the sane? : (16 April 2018 - 01:32 PM)

Do you mean physically without actually wiring them up?

@  wonko the sane? : (16 April 2018 - 01:32 PM)

Uh... how do you not know?

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 April 2018 - 12:46 PM)

I'm wondering if HP stuck in an extra 128SDD + 3TB HDD into the computer I bought for $850

@  Benbot : (16 April 2018 - 11:58 AM)

"OH"

@  Sabrblade : (16 April 2018 - 11:06 AM)

"Semper Fi"

@  EShadowP : (16 April 2018 - 10:36 AM)

"Simper-Fi" :thumbsup

@  Plokatron : (16 April 2018 - 12:31 AM)

Oh my word it is true. The greatest Gunnery Sargent to live is now gone. Gunny I know I'd of never cut the mustard if you were my CO but as I friend I would of been humbled and honored to know a man who truly knew the corp. May the jackets always be full metal and no watermelon left standing. Forgive the jokes there but you made it clear you hated watermelons with how many you sliced, blasted and plain disintegrated on Tv. :thumbsup  (Why do we not have a Wheeljack salute emot?)  Simper-Fi Carry on Gunny see you up there in the great kingdom one day hope you enjoy the company of my great uncles and everyone who you saw last on that field of honor.

@  Plokatron : (16 April 2018 - 12:21 AM)

Wait what!!!!!!! Gunny is dead!!!!

@  Sabrblade : (15 April 2018 - 09:37 PM)

RIP, R. Lee Ermey :(

@  B-Fox : (15 April 2018 - 02:06 PM)

If yer yellah!

@  Otaku : (15 April 2018 - 07:55 AM)

@fourteenwings If not, it is really, really close. Then again, maybe you shouldn't trust me. I liked the jacket. XD

@  fourteenwings : (15 April 2018 - 05:32 AM)

Bill Maher?

@  Bass X0 : (15 April 2018 - 03:52 AM)

Should we as a society change our way of life, culture and general thinking to that which people fifty years from now could look back without being judgemental of our ways? Today we look back at people from fifty years ago and openly criticise things that were considered acceptable and normal back then as not fitting in with our modern day standards that we have to censor them, or have the disclaimer that's just how it was back then. So surely things we as a population consider normal and acceptable today may not fit in with the standards of fifty years from now. But how do we know what would be acceptable and normal fifty years from now that we are supposedly doing wrong today? We don't. That's the point when we are applying modern day standards and way of thinking to a time fifty years ago.

@  Plokatron : (14 April 2018 - 11:09 PM)

Thank you my friend. I hope so too.

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Transformers: The Basics

874 replies to this topic

#1 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 9021 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 12:17 PM

Hey guys! If you follow me on social media at all you'll have heard me promoting this, but I thought I'd drop a link here too! The first episode of my new YouTube series, "TRANSFORMERS: THE BASICS," has just gone live today. It's targeted at new Transformers fans to help them get to grips with complicated concepts and lore, beginning with this episode: an overview of TF history and how it breaks down into separate continuities, all in 10 minutes!

New episodes will run weekly in June! Nothing the sort of folk who frequent the AllSpark wont be well-versed in already, but share it around with any friends who are just starting out and trying to learn more about this big mess of a franchise! :)

Edited by Chris McFeely, 03 June 2017 - 12:18 PM.

#2 Foffy

Foffy

All-Purpose Sheep

• Citizen
  • 7676 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 07:00 PM

That's a cool video, Chris. The Transformers franchise is really confusing in its ways, and it's nice to know that this video and the other installments of this series are gonna be out there for people who wanna learn about it.

Avatar by the wonderful Cabooceratops

#3 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 10393 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 03 June 2017 - 07:06 PM

Oh, that's your voice!

Someone just posted this over on The Mary Sue.

#4 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 24469 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 04 June 2017 - 12:00 AM

This is great stuff! I'm definitely gonna be watching this series and will keep it in mind as something to show to any friends of mine.

Excellent work, Chris. :thumbsup

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#5 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

• Citizen
  • 9021 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 05:25 AM

Thanks guys! :)

Someone just posted this over on The Mary Sue.

Really! Have a link? I'm eager to see what people are saying about it!

#6 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 40591 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 04 June 2017 - 06:31 AM

Man I was hoping this was gonna be all about the Beast Wars Flipchangers! Disappointed! :p

But yeah that s is a great resource, very cool!

#7 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 25325 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:37 AM

It was really fun listening to your accent gradually grow stronger over the course of the video.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#8 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 26331 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:40 AM

It was really fun listening to your accent gradually grow stronger over the course of the video.

Culminating with a finale about the Mr Potato Head Transformers.

Ha ha ha, no wonder our island union is dying...

#9 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 10393 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 04 June 2017 - 01:12 PM

Really! Have a link? I'm eager to see what people are saying about it!

Only that it exists, really; it was posted during the daily open thread: https://www.themarys...ment-3339275174

#10 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

• Citizen
  • 9021 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 02:49 PM

Still neat! :)

#11 Benbot

Benbot

What a nerd

• Supporter
  • 4520 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 04:20 PM

Nice job! You did a great job summarizing and simplifying everything while not leaving anything out.

#12 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 24469 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:43 PM

The only thing I was surprised to not see mentioned (since you did manage to slip in the fact that Car Robots is a JG1 series while RiD 2001 is not) is how TF: Cybertron had a looser connection to Energon and Armada than those two had to each other.

Though, related to the aforementioned difference between Car Robots and RiD 2001, I loved how you referred to Gigatron as a "Predacon", since it's rarely pointed out that the name "Destronger" didn't refer to the entire race/faction that Gigatron's crew belonged to, but instead referred only to just Gigatron's crew itself, who were instead a part of the larger Destron (Predacon) race/faction according to Gigatron's original Japanese toy bio. :thumbsup

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#13 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 61611 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:58 PM

Very well done.

#14 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 7604 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:34 PM

Loved it! It's breakdowns like these that got me into series like Doctor Who and Godzilla, so I'm all for them.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch:

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

#15 Blade Raider

Blade Raider
  • Citizen
  • 2008 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:27 PM

I really like this kind of video and was just thinking how some things I really enjoy don't have videos like this. Keep up the good work!

PS any plans on talking about what a 3rd party toys are? I only ask because they've been around for nearly 10 years and know some newer fans don't understand the difference between 3rd party and official.

#16 dcjosh

dcjosh

Josh

• Citizen
  • 5625 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:09 PM

but I mean, but whats this guys credentials? Can this information really be trusted?

#17 Blade Raider

Blade Raider
  • Citizen
  • 2008 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 01:26 AM

but I mean, but whats this guys credentials? Can this information really be trusted?

Does having a TFwiki article count as credentials?

#18 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 14469 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 01:47 AM

Pat Lee has one, so.

#19 Walky

Walky

A bigger physique than a gorilla captain

• Citizen
  • 38095 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 05 June 2017 - 01:48 AM

Look we all remember when Sideswipe died in the movie.

#20 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 6847 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 05 June 2017 - 01:53 AM

Hard to say.  He listed the WFC games in a different continuity than G1, so-

USER HAS BEEN SACKED FOR THIS POST.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users