Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 December 2020 - 05:39 PM)

*good week

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 December 2020 - 05:35 PM)

It's been a good work for The Hunt: got Netflix Bumblebee (suck it Walmart!) and stopped at Walgreens and found a lone Bluestreak. I'm pretty much done until new stuff rolls out in February

@  tigerhawk : (02 December 2020 - 03:53 PM)

There's some fab fandubs of comic scenes on Youtube, it's MTMTE/LL mostly but there's some great stuff such as Tarn learning of Megatron's defection and Megatron talking to Ravage.

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 November 2020 - 09:31 PM)

Wonderful audio separation and balance.

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 November 2020 - 09:29 PM)

For Transformers The Movie 86

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 November 2020 - 09:28 PM)

I will say, the blu ray remaster, especially the audio is pretty spot on. Watching it on Apple TV has been enlightening.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (30 November 2020 - 09:00 PM)

Vode An!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (30 November 2020 - 08:59 PM)

I do not overly care for the Bad Batch, but it will be interesting to see what the animated series will bring to the table.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (30 November 2020 - 08:59 PM)

Alpha, Delta Squad, Omega Squad, and the Muunilinst 10 are quite the contrast to what we have at present in Disney canon.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (30 November 2020 - 08:57 PM)

Who else here read the pre-2008 Clone Commandos and ARC Troopers back in the day?

@  tigerhawk : (30 November 2020 - 05:04 PM)

Monoliths in Utah and Romania.

@  Sabrblade : (29 November 2020 - 05:11 PM)

Also, the face of the black redeco is painted gray.

@  Sabrblade : (29 November 2020 - 05:09 PM)

To be a little fair, the original was also lacking in more detailed color. The Telemocha Series figure fixed that.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 November 2020 - 05:05 PM)

The unpainted face and all the greys make that look like a knockoff.

@  Sabrblade : (29 November 2020 - 05:01 PM)

One could headcanon this one as such.

@  Otaku : (29 November 2020 - 01:06 PM)

@Bass X0 Weird how they come close, with the likes of Onyx Primal and Nemesis Prime (Universe 2003), but no actual evil gorilla...

@  wonko the sane? : (28 November 2020 - 03:00 PM)

Oh my god! WFC ravage is adorable! Who's a pudgy kitty? Yes you are!

@  tigerhawk : (28 November 2020 - 09:50 AM)

The 86 line prevented made me reconsider a new years resolution.

@  unluckiness : (28 November 2020 - 04:33 AM)

And Devastator because I'm a sucker for combiners

@  unluckiness : (28 November 2020 - 04:32 AM)

Decided to stick with the main cast from 2007 and a few assorted ones here and there.

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 November 2020 - 02:02 PM)

I said I wouldn't buy a lot, now I have seven. And at least three might be on the culling pile.

@  tigerhawk : (27 November 2020 - 11:44 AM)

"I'll just get one" I said now I have almost twenty Studio Series figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 November 2020 - 11:19 AM)

The geese are fleeing... death comes soon...

@  unluckiness : (25 November 2020 - 07:20 PM)

Not even head, just a faceeven

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 November 2020 - 12:58 PM)

Just stick a Megatron head on Optimal Optimus.

@  Sabrblade : (25 November 2020 - 12:46 PM)

There was also an evil-looking black and gray redeco of the RobotMasters toy

@  Arazyr : (25 November 2020 - 11:54 AM)

That's KIND-OF what I consider the Throne of the Primes Primal to be...

@  wonko the sane? : (25 November 2020 - 11:16 AM)

I would buy the hell out a nemesis primal...

@  Bass X0 : (25 November 2020 - 11:15 AM)

I'm surprised there's not been a Nemesis Primal given all the Nemesis Primes.

@  unluckiness : (23 November 2020 - 03:17 AM)

The real Drifts were the Windblades we made along the way

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 November 2020 - 02:25 AM)

Drift-kun 2 Electric Boobylube

@  ▲ndrusi : (22 November 2020 - 11:36 PM)

I'm pretty sure Drift 2 was Empire of Stone.

@  Sabrblade : (22 November 2020 - 10:06 PM)

I thought people said Prime Wheeljack was Drift 2.

@  tigerhawk : (22 November 2020 - 03:51 PM)

Windblade was Drift.2.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 November 2020 - 02:44 PM)

Drift with boobs.

@  Rycochet : (22 November 2020 - 11:50 AM)

I can't imagine a live action movie version of Windblade being all that different from Drift. Not my thing, but not the worst thing I've ever seen.

@  Bass X0 : (22 November 2020 - 09:54 AM)

The thought of Movie aesthetic Windblade makes me feel sick.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 November 2020 - 08:47 AM)

Though, the fact that Japanese people would pay for Windblade toys in the $30-40 range doesn't mean they'd pay however much MPs are going for now.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 November 2020 - 08:44 AM)

Back when I made a habit of checking Mandarake for pre-owned TFs, Windblade's toys went for surprisingly high prices. By which I mean not lower than the original price.

@  tigerhawk : (22 November 2020 - 08:15 AM)

If she's in the next movie you might get her.

@  unluckiness : (22 November 2020 - 07:58 AM)

Japan didn't get most of the IDW comics and are the target market for MP. They basically know windblade from a few crappy pack-in comics and a show that wasn't particularly popular there. Unless they start cranking out Cyberverse MPs, it's not very likely.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 November 2020 - 04:24 AM)

Again, depends if she's popular enough in Japan to warrant it. Our view of which characters are popular is not the same as Takara's.

@  Bass X0 : (22 November 2020 - 01:53 AM)

So characters like Windblade then.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 November 2020 - 07:19 PM)

They're complicated and expensive to design. By necessity, they're gonna be restricted to well-known characters who are more likely to sell.

@  Bass X0 : (21 November 2020 - 07:05 PM)

I don’t think Masterpiece toys should be restricted to only show characters.

@  Rycochet : (21 November 2020 - 03:09 PM)

If she wasn't in the Sunbow cartoon, Live Action movie or Beast Wars and can't be repainted from someone else, she's not getting an MP.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 November 2020 - 12:44 PM)

They'll make their money back if they include the metal thong...

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 November 2020 - 12:29 PM)

Is she popular enough in Japan that Takara would even try?

@  Paladin : (21 November 2020 - 11:23 AM)

depends. will that one also have a giant metal thong?

@  Bass X0 : (21 November 2020 - 11:10 AM)

Should there be a Masterpiece Windblade?

Photo
- - - - -

AMA: Bish, Jesse, & Jim

Beast Wars Uprising Facebook Ask Vector Prime

223 replies to this topic

#21 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42574 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:37 AM

How worried were you about doing Marvel references for Classics and OMAM and the like-Lisa's clearly meant to be a mutant, and Teklaans are stand-ins for the Mekkans, with Cergo as Torgo.

Some background on how those names and characters came to be:

Elizabeth actually started her life as a reference to GI Joe character Carla Greer, since the GIJCC FSS version of the character was due out shortly after OMAM started (So she was originally Carla Elizabeth Greer). However, it was quickly decided to double back to the original Transformers comics and strengthen those bonds rather than make yet another a GI Joe reference in a Fun Pub comic. So "Elizabeth" became a way to embrace "our" character while at the same time serving as an in-reference to the conceptual stages.

Cergo and the Teklaans... Cergo was actually meant as a successor to Torgo. I speculated that since there were no humans, there were no Fantastic Four, and thus no one to save Torgo from the Skrulls' gladiator pits. Without Torgo's return to Mekka to ensure that its state of social stagnation continued, groups such as the Teklaans were allowed to rise and follow their own interpretation of their programming - IE terraform other worlds rather than simply maintain their own. So they too got to become something new and different.

Edited by NightViper, 22 May 2017 - 11:40 AM.

#22 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 23047 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:40 AM

Cool!

And I am right in reading her as a Mutant, yeah? Since Blackrock doesn't want to reveal herself, I feel like prejudice for them still existed in 2012 in the Classicsverse.

#23 Jim S

Jim S

Evil Genius

• Citizen
  • 1816 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:48 AM

In terms of Ark questions, did you ever get much access to unused concept art?

Some. More from Japan than from the US. I tried to publish as much as I could.

-JimS

#24 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10095 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:55 AM

How does it work out that there are both an Override and a Nitro Convoy, and both an Evac and a Live Convoy in Beast Wars: Uprising?

Proximity: A Starscream and Friends Fanzine | Store | Twitter | Tumblr | Instagram

#25 Jim S

Jim S

Evil Genius

• Citizen
  • 1816 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:01 PM

Was there originally going to have been more of "A Brush With Infamy", or was the Prologue always going to be the extent of it?

That was always the extent of it. My thinking was that the prologue told the big picture story, and then if you read the actual novel it would go into a lot more detail. I have put more thought into those events since then and it's a prime candidate for expansion if I ever get to revisit the universe.

-JimS

#26 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10095 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:06 PM

In BWU, would Reverse Convoy be a Great War era Autobot or another future era Commandron?

Proximity: A Starscream and Friends Fanzine | Store | Twitter | Tumblr | Instagram

#27 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42574 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:45 PM

Cool!

And I am right in reading her as a Mutant, yeah? Since Blackrock doesn't want to reveal herself, I feel like prejudice for them still existed in 2012 in the Classicsverse.

She would be, yup. The ending was meant to show that it would take all of Earth's protectors - human, mutant, Autobot -  to defeat Thunder Mayhem.

#28 Jim S

Jim S

Evil Genius

• Citizen
  • 1816 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:01 PM

Oh, something else that I don't think was ever clarified:

What body did Cheetor have after the Beast Upgrade?

And Blackarachnia as well? Did she have her TM2 body or TM McDonald's body like Scorponok?

In my head, TM for Cheetor. I actually never gave Blackarachnia's body all that much thought. Since they were never depicted in artwork and we didn't write with a specific body and mind, you should imagine them in whatever body you think is most appropriate. It could even be a slightly mechanized version of their non transmetal body, like Ram Horn.

-JimS

#29 Tindalos

Tindalos
  • Citizen
  • 1895 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:17 PM

Is there are specific layout intended for Micropolis in BWU? An idea of just how all the basis connect to form the city?

It's a neat idea, but there don't seem to be any good pictures out there of what it would look like, unfortunately.

How does it work out that there are both an Override and a Nitro Convoy, and both an Evac and a Live Convoy in Beast Wars: Uprising?

Don't forget Binary and Botanica. I imagine they're just very similar in appearance.

#30 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42574 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:32 PM

The original idea was that all of the beast-upgrade characters would take on their TM bodies. Any that didn't have a TM or TM2 toy would become a mechanical version of their beast frame.

If I had to tell Jim what toy to use for BA, it would probably be her TM2 toy. Although her Beast Machines toy (since it differed so much from the show model) would be tempting too.

#31 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 12978 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:35 PM

The original idea was that all of the beast-upgrade characters would take on their TM bodies. Any that didn't have a TM or TM2 toy would become a mechanical version of their beast frame.

If I had to tell Jim what toy to use for BA, it would probably be her TM2 toy. Although her Beast Machines toy (since it differed so much from the show model) would be tempting too.

Oh, come now. Surely you were tempted to go with her actual TM toy (her McDonald's Happy Meal toy). 

Just think of the comedic value alone! ;)

Edited by G.B.Blackrock, 22 May 2017 - 01:36 PM.

#32 Broadside

Broadside

#HaulOfFame

• Citizen
  • 11073 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:43 PM

What about Animated Blackarachnia?

unknown.png

#33 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10095 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:50 PM

I like Blackarachnia's TM2 design.

#34 Jim S

Jim S

Evil Genius

• Citizen
  • 1816 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:13 PM

Did you ever have anything bigger with the Megatron, Cy-Kill, and Magmar alliance planned? Maybe Nemesis joins in, as well?

Also, any more video idea/completed videos?

There was one video they got at least as far as casting and had some recording done. We stopped when the ANN plug was pulled.

I had no specific plans with the Baddies. I think the idea was that season 3 of RR would be about them as a kind of multi-franchise space pirates. Not dissimilar to Revolutionaries actually. But by the time we hit that post we knew it wasn't going to happen so it was just a tease of what could slash might have been.

-JimS

#35 IKY

IKY
  • Citizen
  • 78 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:29 PM

Oh, come now. Surely you were tempted to go with her actual TM toy (her McDonald's Happy Meal toy). 

Just think of the comedic value alone! ;)

The McD's toys deserve more fictional love. I'm glad Scorponok made it.

#36 Bishbot

Bishbot
  • Protoform
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:45 PM

Oh, something else that I don't think was ever clarified:

What body did Cheetor have after the Beast Upgrade?

And Blackarachnia as well? Did she have her TM2 body or TM McDonald's body like Scorponok?

In my head, TM for Cheetor. I actually never gave Blackarachnia's body all that much thought. Since they were never depicted in artwork and we didn't write with a specific body and mind, you should imagine them in whatever body you think is most appropriate. It could even be a slightly mechanized version of their non transmetal body, like Ram Horn.

-JimS

For my part I honestly kind of imagined her as a metallic version of her first BW body - black and gold, kind of small and sleek. I don't think we ever described her in enough detail to really pin it down though.

#37 IKY

IKY
  • Citizen
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:57 PM

When Vector Prime went off on his final mission, was there any particular mold in mind for the new body he took?

#38 Bishbot

Bishbot
  • Protoform
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:59 PM

Who were your favorite 3 and least favorite 3 characters to write?

This is both easy and hard at the same time:

Three favourites, easy:

Wolfang, because I really wanted to do a Cybertronian noir story from the very beginning and Trigger Warnings was all Wolfang.

Stiletto, because I felt her story went to some interesting and satisfying places over her appearances and it was fun to take her from someone with no shortage of issues to kind of a calm, if not happy than at least content place.

Preditron, because I imagined him as basically Lt. Worf from Star Trek, an honourable and proud warrior who has to deal with the fact his people aren't as honourable as they like to make out, except for Preditron they were basically his children. We didn't get tons of time with him, but I am proud of him.

As an honourable mention I have to say Buckethead, because Jim wanted her to speak in a sort of slangy British way, so, me being British, I always got to rewrite her dialogue even in segments I didn't have a lot to do with.

Honestly there weren't any characters I didn't enjoy writing. I found Lio Convoy a bit of a challenge but I don't specifically remember writing for him outside of editing.

As a sort of answer to this question I will say that when it came to Derailment, which is basically novel-length and I'm trawling tfwiki for new guys to feature in different scenes and I realise I'm down to people called things like Wedge-Shape and Thunderlips, it was tough to care about some of them. Then again, focusing on obscure characters has also been part of the fun.

Sorry for the huge answer, it was kind of a big question.

#39 MaxVer

MaxVer
  • Citizen
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:06 PM

Which continuity family do you feel would be the most logical fit for this version of Air Raid?

TFU03-toy_AirRaidCyberjet.jpg

#40 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 23047 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:13 PM

Did you ever have anything bigger with the Megatron, Cy-Kill, and Magmar alliance planned? Maybe Nemesis joins in, as well?

Also, any more video idea/completed videos?

There was one video they got at least as far as casting and had some recording done. We stopped when the ANN plug was pulled.

I had no specific plans with the Baddies. I think the idea was that season 3 of RR would be about them as a kind of multi-franchise space pirates. Not dissimilar to Revolutionaries actually. But by the time we hit that post we knew it wasn't going to happen so it was just a tease of what could slash might have been.

-JimS

Cool! You have any scripts or anything for the video?

Also, did you have any idea what you wanted to do with Puzzler and the 6?

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beast Wars Uprising, Facebook, Ask Vector Prime

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users