Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (13 September 2019 - 01:54 PM)

Why do you feel a need to label yourself for doing something harmless?

@  Telly : (13 September 2019 - 11:10 AM)

thats more than i look at on reddit

@  Benbot : (13 September 2019 - 10:49 AM)

am I a basic bitch for only browsing the front page of Reddit?

@  Shrug : (12 September 2019 - 12:26 PM)

I managed to find about 2/3s of my goal Sega Genesis collection before the last price bump

@  Anonymous X : (12 September 2019 - 11:11 AM)

So relieved that I picked up most of my NTSC GameCube collection in 2010/11 before prices on the secondary market went bezerk...

@  unluckiness : (12 September 2019 - 12:54 AM)

I have fond memories of it since it was the last console Mario Kart that didn't have the ridiculous pre-race cart assembly

@  TM2-Megatron : (11 September 2019 - 10:26 PM)

Like many Gamecube games, underrated

@  unluckiness : (11 September 2019 - 09:24 AM)

Double Dash is great. Just watch out for blue shells

@  Bass X0 : (11 September 2019 - 07:43 AM)

I used a double dash on my mobile. The chat didn’t like it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 September 2019 - 04:17 AM)

The mobile version of the site chokes on certain characters, I think.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 September 2019 - 04:10 AM)

what's with that punctuation anyway

@  Nevermore : (11 September 2019 - 03:20 AM)

Now where did that come from, Bass X0?

@  Bass X0 : (11 September 2019 - 01:52 AM)

Politics and Religion — tools of foul play!

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2019 - 11:10 PM)

If you owe, you're expected to actually pay it at the time you file, before they even process your return

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2019 - 11:10 PM)

If you file electronically, I find you usually get your refund within a couple weeks

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 06:22 PM)

Well, lucky it took less than two months for me. For a little over 200 Euros.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Pretty much, yeah. Canada revenue will be all up your ass if you earn less than 200K and owe tax, but your refund is basically "duke nukem forever".

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:34 PM)

Whereas if you overpaid and they have to refund you, they will take their sweet time to let you know.

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:34 PM)

Like, here in Germany, if the tax authority responds to your tax report quickly, you can rest assured they want more money.

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Do tax authorities in other countries base their time to respond to filed tax reports on whether they owe or are owed as well?

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 11:13 AM)

Check what the requirements are for your cad program, and try to beat them by about 20%, and understand that software requirements have been stable for a few years: not really keeping up with the advancements in hardware. Unless you're doing something SPECIFIC which requires ludicrous amounts of power, just give your self a cushion on hardware and don't bother going whole hog.

@  Benbot : (10 September 2019 - 10:16 AM)

What I'm currently using is an i5 2018 Surface Laptop. My current desktop is all but dead. I think in the end affordability will win out over specs. I need to use CAD programs, but I'm a student, not a professional.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 10:06 AM)

Okay. Whats the specs on the I7 and what are you currently using?

@  Benbot : (10 September 2019 - 09:23 AM)

fun and games

@  wonko the sane? : (09 September 2019 - 04:43 PM)

Depends entirely on what you use the computer for.

@  Steevy Maximus : (09 September 2019 - 11:52 AM)

Probably not

@  Benbot : (09 September 2019 - 09:39 AM)

Do I need an i7 on my new computer?

@  Nevermore : (08 September 2019 - 12:08 PM)

https://imgur.com/fkyjpza

@  Nevermore : (08 September 2019 - 12:07 PM)

Today's convention haul:

@  wonko the sane? : (08 September 2019 - 08:54 AM)

But it was Huuunnngrrrryyyy. What was I supposed to do?

@  MEDdMI : (08 September 2019 - 08:23 AM)

But did you feed any small fuzzy creatures after midnight?

@  wonko the sane? : (08 September 2019 - 06:32 AM)

Shouldn't be. I literally just built it. Not even three weeks ago even.

@  TM2-Megatron : (07 September 2019 - 10:13 PM)

Sounds like your computer's on its last lags, Wonko

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 07:37 PM)

Dunno, crucial says it's fine, gonna need a second opinion.

@  Pennpenn : (07 September 2019 - 06:52 PM)

Good luck! (or break a leg if it's like theater luck...)

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 06:46 PM)

Alright. The damages now seem to include my primary SSD. Thankfully, the gaming drive (I have now lost all my games and mods entirely.) Let me wipe it and install there. Once the crucial utility is installed again, will verify the drive.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 03:32 PM)

Three more crashes since I pulled the ram. Verifying the OS now... tonight might be a reinstalling kinda night.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 11:46 AM)

And thankfully it wasn't totally dead, so it was working on occassion. If the problem is actually solved, I just need to wait and see if the program/system crashes are over.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 11:45 AM)

Got it. I wound up running the memtest four more times, because of course it's always the last dimm. But I got the culprit. I lost 8 gig, but I'm still at three times the "recommended" amount.

@  Hg Dragon : (07 September 2019 - 11:09 AM)

DL and run MemTest86. It'll help weed out issues. Run 1 stick at a time. Then run a stick that passed in each slot. Will help you find out if it's the RAM or the slot/motherboard

@  Patch : (07 September 2019 - 10:45 AM)

How many RAM sticks do you have total?

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 09:57 AM)

Great, two weeks of random BSODs, and I manage to finally work out some ram has gone bad. Just need to work out which one(s) and then I can go from there.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 06:25 AM)

*just stares*

@  unluckiness : (07 September 2019 - 04:27 AM)

My french is rusty but I'd guess Italienne-americain pain du sauce

@  Nevermore : (07 September 2019 - 02:58 AM)

What do they want "pizza" to be called? Crpes superior?

@  unluckiness : (07 September 2019 - 01:11 AM)

Are they still suing Italian restaurants for having food that's insufficiently French?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (06 September 2019 - 10:31 PM)

Not even Quebec likes Quebec?

@  TM2-Megatron : (06 September 2019 - 08:51 PM)

Quebec's a special case; they just have an insatiable lust for hate

@  Ashley : (06 September 2019 - 07:48 PM)

Those weird language laws are basically anti-everyone. Who does it help to stop certain toys from being sold there?

@  TM2-Megatron : (06 September 2019 - 04:56 PM)

Canada is one of those rare countries that's paradoxically both anti-business (except for the chosen few) and anti-consumer

Photo
- - - - -

The Dark Crystal: Age Of Resistance

70 replies to this topic

#1 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 12158 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:18 PM

so Netflix is now doing a PREQUEL to Jim Hensons' "The Dark Crystal."

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#2 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8518 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:31 PM

They're doing it with puppets? Whoa. So the creatures are split already to begin with. Who's the hero? Not the gelfling.

It'll end in tragedy though. Like Rogue One.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#3 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11244 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:45 PM

*SQUEEEEEE*

#4 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 38970 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:14 PM

This looks awesome!

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#5 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 38960 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:52 PM

I don't care for the Dark Crystal, but I'll wholeheartedly endorse this if they don't do it in CGI.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#6 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Now With Sheffield Steel!

• Supporter
  • 18170 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:16 PM

I was all ready to go "Please don't ruin the Dark Crystal" but.. Netflix and actual puppetry...?

hug, I'm going to have to subscribe to Netflix again... XD

Also... I miss Jim Henson.  Like, it didn't hit me until I heard his voice... I miss him so much.

nzo8WYb.png

#7 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 16811 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:51 PM

The "main" setting of TDC had lasted for 1,000 years. Plenty of time for a prequel - and with more characters (since they had been slowly dying in pairs). If they just make the Gelflings look a little less stiff and ugly, it'll be amazing.

#8 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11244 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:51 PM

According to earlier (semi-canon?) materials, there were originally 18 urSkeks (who were divided into Skeksis and Urru), only 10 of which survived to appear in the movie. Two pairs died during the film, leaving eight survivors.

From the sound of things, this will involve the Garthim Wars, previously covered (in part) in Legends of the Dark Crystal.

#9 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65605 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:28 PM

So excited.

ACItEK8.png

#10 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5196 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:40 PM

I haven't seen the original movie in years. I did pick the DVD up recently so I guess I should sit down and watch it.

I just remember not enjoying it when I was little. I always thought Labyrinth was the better movie.

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#11 The Jawa

The Jawa

Utinni!

• Citizen
  • 4188 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:06 PM

:love :love :love

"The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance returns to the world of Thra with an all new adventure. When three Gelfling discover the horrifying secret behind the Skeksis’ power, they set out on an epic journey to ignite the fires of rebellion and save their world."

-~- The Jawa -~-

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they eat rainbows and poop butterflies..."

#12 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17201 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:20 AM

I just remember not enjoying it when I was little. I always thought Labyrinth was the better movie.

Labyrinth is worlds better as a fun movie imo. Dark Crystal is kinda long, often a bit slow and occasionally a bit dull, and can be hard to get into story wise.

BUT it has amazing puppetry, and wonderful world building and is just super impressive as a kind of artistic and Fantasy achievement, even if it's the less straight out enjoyable experience of the two.

-ZacWilliam, Labyrinth I love for itself, Dark Crystal I love more for the level of craft and ideas involved.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 19 May 2017 - 12:21 AM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#13 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2663 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:20 PM

I could never get through the original as a kid, part because it was boring and part because that goddamn Emperor Skeksis scene. Only ever saw the ending because I had cousins that were crazy about the film, and naturally I had no idea what was happening.

Now of course I am all for this prequel... if mostly just for the Skeksis and puppetry.

#14 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 4115 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:23 PM

:love :love :love

"The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance returns to the world of Thra with an all new adventure. When three Gelfling discover the horrifying secret behind the Skeksis’ power, they set out on an epic journey to ignite the fires of rebellion and save their world."

This is vague, but it does sound like this is from the early period of the Skeksis' reign.  They actually may be a bit more spry and a lot less decrepit.  Keep in mind by the time the movie takes place, all of them are extremely old and not in the best shape.  Also we should see the Emperor in his prime, and not on his death bed.

Very good chance we will see some of the other other Skeksis that were dead by the time of the movie too, easy way to add some new characters that can also be killed off during it, and provide at least some form of victory at the end.

Also sounds like this is before the Gelfing purge really gets underway, and this may be what leads into it.  Likely we will see Aughra in this too, as iirc, she was the one who told the Skeksis the prophecy and accidentally started the whole thing.

Edited by Monocle, 22 May 2017 - 11:04 AM.

#15 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 12158 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 01:13 PM

Good news; Netflix is still working on this project and has announced the cast!

https://twitter.com/...680637452218368

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#16 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Now With Sheffield Steel!

• Supporter
  • 18170 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 01:43 AM

Hm, pictures look pretty good... slightly creepy, but then, the puppets were always a bit unreal looking.

Cautiously optimistic is my thought on this.

nzo8WYb.png

#17 Egon1982

Egon1982
  • Citizen
  • 302 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 04:47 AM

I'm a huge fan of the original movie as it's been one of my favorite movies since i was 4 years old when i saw it on video and been a huge Henson fan growing up for 33 years since i saw Muppets with the movies and Fraggles on cable and TV! i even own the prequel graphic novels, novelization, 2-disc CD soundtrack, blu-ray and new ultra HD 4K blu-ray with an amazing 4K restoration plus a couple of shirts and posters.

Hell i even remembered having a crush on Kira when i was a kid and a teenager, LOL. 

My birth year was such an amazing year for movies eh folks? i mean you had Blade Runner, Star Trek II, ET, The Thing, Poltergeist, Conan the Barbarian, Pink Floyd The Wall, Rocky III, First Blood, The Dark Crystal, The Secret of NIMH, The Last Unicorn, Flight of Dragons, Creepshow, 48 Hrs and more.

I cannot wait for this  10 part mini-series prequel as it looks interesting and has a nice voice cast plus practical and new effects blended, i like that as i'm a huge practical effects fan.

#18 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65605 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 08:29 AM

Looking good. My girlfriend bought me the 4K Best Buy exclusive yesterday.

ACItEK8.png

#19 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14595 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 09:18 AM

I still can't believe that this is actually happening. "The Dark Crystal" was one of THE movies from my childhood. I drew everything from that movie and then started making up my own creatures that could live in the world of Thra. Must've watched it hundreds of times as one of the few VHS tapes my parents would buy. So excited to see more.

Yep.

#20 Egon1982

Egon1982
  • Citizen
  • 302 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 03:59 PM

I still can't believe that this is actually happening. "The Dark Crystal" was one of THE movies from my childhood. I drew everything from that movie and then started making up my own creatures that could live in the world of Thra. Must've watched it hundreds of times as one of the few VHS tapes my parents would buy. So excited to see more.

Awesome man and you love Jim Henson too especially Labyrinth, Storyteller, Witches, Dinosaurs and more besides Fraggles, Muppets and Seasme Street?

And face it, without TDC we would never have Legend of Zelda which was one of the possible influences to that game franchise as you can tell how much they are alike in aspects. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users