Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Robowang : (21 September 2017 - 10:06 PM)

Ok, I can't find the "Savage on a Ravage" pic that soneone pisted. Can anyone link me to it?

@  wonko the sane? : (21 September 2017 - 12:47 PM)

I'm also sure you don't sparkle like a disco ball, otherwise someone woulda run you over by now.

@  Dracula : (21 September 2017 - 12:40 PM)

anyway I don't die in sunlight, I just get tired.

@  Dracula : (21 September 2017 - 12:40 PM)

correct

@  wonko the sane? : (21 September 2017 - 11:46 AM)

I'm pretty sure most vampires would cause a gremlin infestation just for the giggles.

@  Noideaforaname : (21 September 2017 - 11:42 AM)

Hmm, a vampire would have a hell of a hard time getting rid of a Gremlin infestation, wouldn't he?

@  OrionPax44 : (21 September 2017 - 11:13 AM)

Well then there's yellowing but isn't that all of them. I like to leave all my TF's in a hot car all day long to let all their joints turn to jelly.

@  Telly : (21 September 2017 - 11:12 AM)

what about sunlight??

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 September 2017 - 10:50 AM)

KAIJU NOT FOR SALE

@  Dracula : (21 September 2017 - 10:49 AM)

don't get any water on your trypticon, and don't feed him after midnight.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 September 2017 - 10:42 AM)

I've had mine for two weeks with no problems. Just don't be a hamfist with it.

@  Paladin : (21 September 2017 - 08:36 AM)

assuming they survive transport...

@  Telly : (21 September 2017 - 07:37 AM)

quiet you!

@  Paladin : (21 September 2017 - 06:46 AM)

and the hips should break by Wednesday/.

@  Telly : (20 September 2017 - 09:00 PM)

just ordered tr trypticon. should have it monday :)

@  OrionPax44 : (20 September 2017 - 04:57 PM)

@Robowang I have one somewhere and I can send it to you. Don't worry about it. Just let me find it

@  Bass X0 : (20 September 2017 - 04:43 PM)

Sometime last week, I purchased Hasbro Windblade online then a day or two later, Takara Windblade was announced for only £4.99 more making me instantly regret buying Hasbro's Windblade. Guess I'll be giving Hasbro Windblade to my nephew for Christmas then.

@  Shrug : (20 September 2017 - 02:24 PM)

That whole flat-rate shipping thing makes the math easy.

@  Shrug : (20 September 2017 - 02:23 PM)

4 bucks

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 September 2017 - 02:15 PM)

Hmm. How much is shipping from BBTS?

@  NightViper : (20 September 2017 - 02:09 PM)

Set of the four is still $22 at BBTS

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 September 2017 - 02:00 PM)

Ramhorn is currently available from a third party seller via Amazon for $27.

@  Robowang : (20 September 2017 - 11:47 AM)

Anybody have the TR PM OP trading card they don't want? I lost mine! Will pay you for it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (20 September 2017 - 11:35 AM)

If you don't need her I'll take her off ya.

@  BlackMax : (20 September 2017 - 10:04 AM)

When I get that power-batteryOptimus I swear I will carry it everywhere. It'll be like having a useful tool AND being six years old again all at once.

@  Robowang : (20 September 2017 - 09:58 AM)

I guess he's gone now. Oh well.

@  Robowang : (20 September 2017 - 09:56 AM)

I saw Ramhorn all over ebay for $16 a week ago or so.

@  Shrug : (20 September 2017 - 09:02 AM)

Just ordered Arcee.  I don't need her.  But she's pink.  And a robot.  A combination I love.

@  Darknova4life : (20 September 2017 - 08:57 AM)

@ Robowang, Where is TR Ramhorn available for $16?

@  Shrug : (20 September 2017 - 07:31 AM)

Besides spotty, this is the first time I've consistently seen reships of older waves months after the next 2/3 waves show up.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 September 2017 - 07:29 AM)

No kidding spotty. Haven't seen of the recent waves, and I desperately want a seaspray for my brother.

@  Robowang : (20 September 2017 - 07:05 AM)

Distribution is so spotty these days that I've given in and just started ordering everything. I'm probably going to wind up with a $16 Ramhorn, too.

@  MidnightFox : (19 September 2017 - 08:51 PM)

So they've been out at regular retail hit and miss for awhile.

@  MidnightFox : (19 September 2017 - 08:50 PM)

I picked up Misfire at a Target in Mississippi in mid-August.

@  Shrug : (19 September 2017 - 05:09 PM)

I think so. I checked his post history just now and he mentions buying something in North Carolina

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 September 2017 - 05:04 PM)

A U.S. Walmart?

@  Shrug : (19 September 2017 - 04:41 PM)

Saw someone found Misfire's wave at Walmart on Reddit. First normal retail sighting I've heard. I'm more hopeful now.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 September 2017 - 04:04 PM)

I'm praying I will be able to find Misfire and Slugslinger at brick and mortar somehow.

@  Xellos : (19 September 2017 - 03:22 PM)

Getting the set of 3, myself. Figure I'll keep Hot Rod in package (still my fave character), and give Kup to my nephew to help expand his current fascination with Transformers.

@  Telly : (19 September 2017 - 11:56 AM)

i got slugslinger for $30 from amazon as well. i can imagine thatll be the standard price at most places since theyll jack up the price to cover having all those kup and hot rods sitting in their stores

@  Robowang : (19 September 2017 - 08:16 AM)

Yes, I bought the $30 one on Amazon. I'd rather just pay the $30 than pay $60 and be stuck with an extra Hot Rod and Kup I can't sell.

@  Robowang : (19 September 2017 - 07:34 AM)

Slugslinger, Misfire, and Triggerhappy look amazing together. Best of Titans Return, as far as I'm concerned.

@  Noideaforaname : (18 September 2017 - 11:32 PM)

gads, why is this site so bad at loading at times?

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 September 2017 - 08:29 PM)

Thank you Hasbro for having never reissued the 2011 City Strike Destro figure...already at $32 with a week left.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 September 2017 - 07:47 PM)

Asking someone which year of "university" they're in seems so much more sophisticated than asking which year of "college" they're in.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 September 2017 - 09:04 PM)

Hooray! It only took 8 years, but laika finally learned to NOT play with the striped kitty!

@  Bass X0 : (15 September 2017 - 04:38 PM)

It was "Take Your Laserbeak To Work Day".... well, for me it was anyway. I was getting bored of being on hold when I made calls, so wanted something to relieve the boredom.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 September 2017 - 04:25 PM)

Can you hear me now? *CRACK*

@  MEDdMI : (15 September 2017 - 04:25 PM)

Pshaw, internet! Back in my day, we wrote notes, wrapped them around rocks, and threw them at each other's heads!

@  Benbot : (15 September 2017 - 03:32 PM)

That's why I used Napster at work

Photo
- - - - -

RiD Warrior Soundwave running change

45 replies to this topic

#1 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle

Brick guy

• Citizen
  • 5848 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 06:46 PM

Just found at Target in CT. The packaging datestamp is 70161, the same as the plate-less version on the pegs with him.

Attached Thumbnails

• SW2.jpg
  • SW1.jpg

ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#2 Evac

Evac

Ultra gear!

• Citizen
  • 23703 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 06 May 2017 - 06:53 PM

Huh. Neat, might have to pick this guy up in addition to the one I have.

#3 Xellos

Xellos

Go Home Club

• Citizen
  • 574 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:00 PM

Interesting, has a different scanning sticker as well.

"Cry Havoc, and let slip the perspicacious death paw equipped cat girls of war!" - Hououin Kyouma - Steins;Gate

#4 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 15563 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:14 PM

I can't make it out...is there an actual mold difference, or just the paint on the face?

---Dave

DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#5 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle

Brick guy

• Citizen
  • 5848 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:21 PM

It's a new addition to the plastic of his face.

ASM

#6 Razorsaw

Razorsaw

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 33833 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:21 PM

they're just taking out all the unique elements of Prime Soundwave in general, aren't they?

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#7 Walky

Walky

You know you'll have to face it, you're addicted to Lug

• Citizen
  • 37122 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:41 PM

Finally he looks more like Soundwave.

soundwave33445_1340231356.png

#8 Razorsaw

Razorsaw

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 33833 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:44 PM

.The big flat red fullface visor is just a more interesting character design.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

#9 Walky

Walky

You know you'll have to face it, you're addicted to Lug

• Citizen
  • 37122 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:55 PM

Oh, I agree, and removing his Cyberjet Face pushes the harmonization of two designs too far in one direction, I think.  

But the mouthplate is there on his packaging art, so that was a battle already lost anyway.

RID-Combiner-Force-Soundwave.jpg

#10 Fishbug

Fishbug

incomprehensible

• Citizen
  • 11644 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:58 PM

NOT.

G1.

ENOUGH.

25aputg.jpg
#WHERESINJECTOR

#11 Razorsaw

Razorsaw

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 33833 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:09 PM

It just feels like he has absolutely nothing of Primewave in him now. It's incredibly disappointing.

#12 LordGigaIce

LordGigaIce

See if you can take the power of justice!

• Staff
  • 2056 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:10 PM

they're just taking out all the unique elements of Prime Soundwave in general, aren't they?

We are G1. Lower your shields and surrender your unique character designs. We will add your aesthetic and engineering distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

B3v0h0W.png

What a relief it would be to end this all, how easy to fly the white flag and give up. But would I run today, just to die another day? Give up now, and every fight has been in vain. Stand up and fight!

Basically a Podcast Network

#13 LordGigaIce

LordGigaIce

• Staff
  • 2056 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:13 PM

It just feels like he has absolutely nothing of Primewave in him now. It's incredibly disappointing.

In all seriousness, I'm withholding judgement until I see the character design in action in the show. Aligned Soundwave's already shown up in his Prime body so a cool "upgrade" scene could totally win me over to the new design.

I admit that Starscream re-appearing in a G1-referential form didn't bother me. Not because of GEEEWUNNN but simply because I thought his Prime design sucked *shrug*
I generally liked Soundwave's Prime look though, so I'm gonna need a bit more in terms of how they handle the body "upgrade."

B3v0h0W.png

What a relief it would be to end this all, how easy to fly the white flag and give up. But would I run today, just to die another day? Give up now, and every fight has been in vain. Stand up and fight!

#14 Razorsaw

Razorsaw

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 33833 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:24 PM

Starscream's worked because in story it was framed as him revisiting an earlier appearance to reclaim his "glory days". For Soundwave, the guy was never crippled by anxieties like that, so it just comes off as Geewun pandering.

#15 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle

Brick guy

• Citizen
  • 5848 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:28 PM

Maybe Ratchet does it.
ASM

#16 LordGigaIce

LordGigaIce

• Staff
  • 2056 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:37 PM

Starscream's worked because in story it was framed as him revisiting an earlier appearance to reclaim his "glory days". For Soundwave, the guy was never crippled by anxieties like that, so it just comes off as Geewun pandering.

I don't disagree. I'm just saying I could be ok with it if it's handled the right way.

note- I don't expect it to be handled the right way

Also I really dig Prime Soundwave's toy because it was a Deluxe-sized Soundwave that could properly use Laserbeak and Ravage. I don't think that's ever happened with any other Deluxe Soundwave figure. So...

Prime Soundwave 1
RiD Soundwave 0

B3v0h0W.png

#17 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 12348 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 09:18 PM

I guess maybe I should buy the old one now, since presumably that means his show face is that way, and Potential Future Takara Soundwave will have it too.

#18 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 59278 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 09:30 PM

Glad I got the first version.

#19 Lazy Garou

Lazy Garou

Raider of fridges, eater of food.

• Citizen
  • 4121 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 06 May 2017 - 09:42 PM

maybe he just switches to faceplate in battle situations just like the other guys.

A persistent predator is always alert!awake! focused! and Zzzz.....

#20 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Noideaforamembertitleeither

• Citizen
  • 984 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 09:48 PM

Just as well. Before it was "G1 but with Prime's head", which was just *weird*

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users