Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 December 2019 - 03:27 AM)

Wouldn't that just add packaging authenticity? :D

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 December 2019 - 01:44 AM)

I read a anecdote of someone recently receiving a Glacialord with mold because apparently online stores' warehouses have been sitting on Fansproject products like that for years.

@  Rycochet : (13 December 2019 - 11:56 AM)

Unlike many of his peers, Morton diesn't seem to have gone out of his way to try and take every drug going so he's aged remarkably well.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:39 AM)

Doesn't seem to have been a market for it, which is too bad, because it perfectly does what it sets out to do.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Just opened it and suddenly I'm 9 years old again.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Bought myself Fansproject Glacialord for my birthday during their Black Friday sale.

@  Nevermore : (12 December 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Morten Harket of A-ha might have aged 35 years on the outside, but his voice is still pretty much the same as it was in 1984. That's some great training and exercise for you.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 December 2019 - 06:59 PM)

Depends entirely on how badly you cooked them. What?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Can it raise the dead?

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Cheddar can do just about anything.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Cream cheese has to be on a bagel or crackers.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:31 PM)

(for example: I like Swiss cheese on sandwiches, but find it merely tolerable by itself)

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:30 PM)

I mean are you eating it by itself? With crackers? On a sandwich?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

I would ask, but I'd rather not know.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

With my mouth, usually.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Depends on how you're eating it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 01:40 AM)

Havarti, without a doubt.

@  Greebtron : (12 December 2019 - 01:28 AM)

Not Don, thanks. I'd like a writer who actually cares enough to do the job properly

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 09:34 PM)

What's your favorite cheese? I'm not sure, but it's hard to beat muenster.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:10 PM)

Man I wish IDW could do a season 2.5 with a few writers like Michael Charles Hill or Donald F Glut or Paul Davids involved.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 04:33 PM)

They were looking for Skids, but the animators forgot he existed again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 02:58 PM)

He regrouped with Omega Supreme, the Dinobots, Skyfire and the Protectobots.

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 08:20 AM)

Did he get infected with the rest of the Autobots or did he smartly remain off-planet?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 05:38 AM)

He really just went to the beach for a couple of days, then called it in. Who's gonna follow up on it?

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:05 AM)

Anyone really believe Cosmos searched far enough for more ingredient for Corrostop?

@  Nevermore : (11 December 2019 - 03:48 AM)

Oh, we are pretty good at "forgetting" about that. Insisting on sending people home on their overtime, THEN suddenly rushing to do the "backlog" stuff when it's really overdue.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 December 2019 - 05:43 PM)

I've yet to find an organization which didn't have a backlog of "stuff" that needs to be done, but isn't important enough to put on the schedule proper.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 December 2019 - 05:01 PM)

I'm sure most good/bad (depending on your POV) bosses would be able to find something for the worker to do, in most cases, even if it's spending 8 hours pretending to push a broom around

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 December 2019 - 04:39 PM)

Still better than American jobs. x.x;

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 December 2019 - 11:10 AM)

I'm pretty sure you've already mentioned this before. Especially that last one.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:05 AM)

That can be fun if you're strong-willed enough. "Hey, you want to go home? Overtime reduction, there's nothing to do..." - "Nah, not today. I want to work."

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:04 AM)

This applies to the field of work as well. Meaning, your boss orders you to show up for a full shift, you show up on time and are absolutely willing to work, and then your boss realizes he has no work for you, your boss has to pay you for a full shift even if you don't work at all.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:03 AM)

Fun fact: German law has a concept named "default in acceptance", which postulates that if there is a "service for payment" contract, the party that should provide the service correctly offers their due service, and the party that should pay fails to accept the service within due time, the second party still has to pay the first party even if there was no service delivered.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:54 PM)

If it's seasonal affective disorder, check with your doc about vitamin D supplements.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:46 PM)

That's what I was thinking too, It's the christmas rush and if that's not stressful enough the cold weather can also impact mental health.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 12:41 PM)

Might be a stupid question given the comment, BUT: have you done anything outside the ordinary lately? Might just be a stress reaction.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:29 PM)

I've experienced sleep paralysis with ghostly images and similar things in the past and can snap out of it through moving my fingers. I've definitely hallucinated before and members of both sides of the family have had similar experience, some suffered forms of mental instability in two cases schizophrenia.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:47 AM)

So... either a hallucination or night terrors. Are you prone to this kind of thing?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:55 PM)

It kept repeating until I sat up.

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:54 PM)

I've been up since three and when sheepish I was hallucinating something knocking twice against my bedroom door.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 December 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Then repaint Apeface and Snapdragon as Transmetal Optimus Primal and Megatron. It's crazy enough to work.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Moral imperative.

@  Nevermore : (07 December 2019 - 05:13 PM)

Wishful thinking, rumor or leak?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

Snapdragon for Earthrise.

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 December 2019 - 10:22 PM)

Still not the weirdest thing a Nic Cage character has done in a film

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 04:00 PM)

Couldn't be worse than him pissing fire as Ghost Rider.

@  Rycochet : (04 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

The Tim Burton Superman Movie is the DC movie we deserve. It would have Nic Cage in a technosuit punching polarbears.

@  Paladin : (04 December 2019 - 02:59 PM)

Wonder Woman was great. Shazam was amazing. Aquaman... exists.

@  RichardT1977 : (04 December 2019 - 01:54 PM)

TBF, Aquaman and Shazam! were pretty good.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 01:00 PM)

Not a difficult feat.

Photo

The Official Deadpool 2 Movie Thread

Deadpool Cable Domino Chimichangas

197 replies to this topic

#141 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46595 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:13 PM

I've wanted a Negasonic movie since the first one.

#142 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 28226 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:28 PM

After seeing the movie in theaters I have this to say.

Ironbite-shine on you beautiful diamond you Ryan Reynolds.

xC9l3eY.gif

#143 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 43919 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 09 July 2018 - 11:48 AM

I still think the Final Fight would have ended differently in the comics.

Firefist: You cant stop me from killing him!
Deadpool: Yes I can.
Firefist: NO YOU CANT!!
*Deadpool shoots the principal dead*

Just because you can't win doesn't mean you stop working.

#144 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 43919 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 09 July 2018 - 11:58 AM

I don't know who Peter is, but he's awesome.

He has his own Twitter account:  https://twitter.com/PeterW_1974

He's a husband and an experienced apiarist.
Should have been played by Milo Ventimiglia IMO.

Edited by Bass X0, 09 July 2018 - 11:59 AM.

Just because you can't win doesn't mean you stop working.

#145 Telly

Telly

Like a tiny sandwich...

• Retired Staff
  • 8249 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:40 PM

got an email saying an extended cut is coming to dvd/bluray, with 15 minutes of more footage

Edited by Telly, 10 July 2018 - 02:41 PM.

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#146 Kevin S

Kevin S

Unswerving in my duties

• Supporter
  • 5986 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:46 PM

Even better than the first one.

Edited by Kevin S, 11 July 2018 - 04:46 PM.

My FlickR folder...

And yes, I was too lazy to come up with a decent TF related forum name, and just *GASP* used my own.

#147 Egon1982

Egon1982
  • Citizen
  • 341 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 19 July 2018 - 07:54 AM

Still my fave movie of the year and saw it 2 times, i can't wait to get the blu-ray.

Edited by Egon1982, 28 July 2018 - 07:41 AM.

#148 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66182 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 19 July 2018 - 09:39 AM

Omega Red cameo in Deadpool 2.  He's the 6th one in.

To celebrate the Comic Con showing of our special, Mega Fan only, ‘Deadpool 2: the Unrated Cut’, I’ve decided to show the, blink and you’ll miss them, Mutant Villains of the Ice Box Prison. Some characters from the Marvel Universe hidden here are Omega Red, and various others from sifting through the FOX approved X-Men Universe. Although I oversaw all, all these Characters were created by Andrew Clement and his team at Creative Character Engineering @cce_inc ,including @studio_aki @pepemua_fx #richiealonzo and with the grand support of @lesleyybec @svenfx @wendyhfisher @buhbuhbrittanyy and many more and applied on location in Vancouver by brilliant Prosthetic Artists. Please feel free to repost team members or dm me to add your #. #comiccon #comics #marvel #superhero #supervillians #mutants #xmen #deadpool #deadpool2 #fox #makeup #specialeffectsmakeup #prosthetics #art #design #application #onset #vancouver #hollywoodnorth #davidleitch #ryanreynolds #icebox #prison #robliefeld #stanlee

A post shared by Bill Corso (@bcorso) on

Wish his face was white / paler, but otherwise he looked good.

He's not the guy in the first image with the red hair and facial hair.

ACItEK8.png

#149 Telly

Telly

Like a tiny sandwich...

• Retired Staff
  • 8249 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 10:49 PM

deleted scene from the extended cut coming out soon

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#150 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8042 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 11:25 PM

No "Bye, Yukio"!?

No wonder it was cut!

#151 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

I've gotta make the world know my name...

• Citizen
  • 3780 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 15 August 2018 - 02:58 AM

Finally saw this the other night, after having to skip it because of my spinal surgery...I generally really liked it. And while I still haven't accepted the girlfriend crap, and found EVERYTHING involving her to be the weakest parts of the film, her death was one of the highlights of this for me.

I also deeply despised "Daddy" Cable, and very much didn't understand why that stuff needed to be there. He could have simply been traveling to stop the kid from killing mutants in the future. No sappy sad daddy crap needed, just a simple, altruistic purpose.

And while I would have liked to see the X-force crew actually do something, the way the movie handled them was hilarious, and really fun for being something different.

Also, DAMN Brianna Hildebrand is beautiful.

LOVED Wade and Yukio's interactions, LOVED Colossus, LOVED the way NTW and Wade bust eachothers balls, Brolin as Cable was great, Peter needs his own movie, the post-credit stuff was just so damn genius and funny.

All in all, for the first one I usually say I loved 98% and utterly despised 2%...and just based on her prevalence and Cables family crap im gonna go with 89% / 11% for this one.

Edited by D Immortalis, 15 August 2018 - 03:05 AM.

_+-=-+DAEMON IMMORTALIS+-=-+_

Day One is over, The Future's approaching
The embers are glowing, we're spreading the ash

#152 Caldwin

Caldwin

• Supporter
  • 24981 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 21 August 2018 - 09:29 PM

Can't stop laughing. Can't breath. Oh shit, guys, I can't breath! *dies*

Though, it kinda went off the rails there at the end and I have no idea what he just did to the timeline...but hug it! I'm still laughing my ass off.

By the way, I never did see the theatrical. Is there really any point after seeing the unrated version?
PSN = Caldwin

Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#153 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10690 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 10:03 PM

I saw the theatrical version a couple weeks ago in the theatre, and just tonight watched the extended version on 4K blu-ray. The theatrical cut is certainly a tighter film, and I think it's worth a watch. The extended has a couple bits that feel unnecessary, but also some hilarious additions. I'm glad to have both... although I'm surprised Fox went to the length of a 4-disc UHD set, with each cut of the film getting its own separate blu-ray and UHD disc. But I guess since Wolverine got that treatment for the Noir version of Logan, Deadpool would expect no less.

Watching it again at home reminded me again just how much I enjoyed the supporting cast in this... Reynolds as Deadpool is a tough act to follow, but Zazie Beetz and Josh Brolin are also both fantastic in their roles. Whenever Cable showed up was usually when I kind of tuned out of the old X-Men cartoon in the 90s, so I didn't really know what to expect here. But damn, I'm not sure which of Brolin's performances this summer is my favorite... Thanos or Cable. Domino was also great; Beetz played her with the perfect combination of badass and cutesy confidence, and her deadpan delivery during the car ride on the way to the final battle was pretty hilarious. I hope this cast of characters sticks around for future Deadpool projects.

I just wish the X-Men films could kinda get onto some more even footing, too. So far they've taken us on a bizarre roller coaster of a journey, from a decent start to the abysmal low of X3, a pseudo-reboot that ended up leading into a timeline course correct of X3 (which I thought was the turning point back onto great), but then we got Apocalypse, so who knows anymore.

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 21 August 2018 - 10:16 PM.

#154 CORVUS

CORVUS

Everyone has secrets.

• Supporter
  • 32921 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 12:26 PM

Its funny you mention how good Brolin was as Cable, since I agree. Brolin himself, however, is a bit disappointed by his performance, and I'm not sure why.

It's a shame that Marvel limits the merchandise for the Fox films. As I want action figures of this film.

I know, right?? I've wanted Colossus and Negasonic since the first film, and now I want Cable and Domino too.

Anyone else notice that Colossus had a bit of a dent in his forehead from Juggy's headbutts? He's evidently fine, though, because that's how they do it in Mother-Russia. :D

Edited by CORVUS, 22 August 2018 - 12:28 PM.

“She went around with the attitude that she would rather be beaten to death than take any shit.” - Stieg Larsson

#155 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10690 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 02:52 PM

Yeah, I've read that Brolin wasn't entirely satisfied with his performance as Cable. I don't get it, either; I thought he was fantastic. Given Cable's backstory, I was kind of curious going in exactly how they'd handle it for people who aren't X-Men fans or really familiar with all of the convoluted time travel plots in the X-Men franchise (I know of them, but not the intricate details). Turns out they handled it really nicely... no long, drawn-out introductions to some grim future world - just cut to it, looks kinda interesting, purplish, grizzled dude activates a time machine - BLAMO.  "Your entire generation hugged this planet into a coma" summed it up rather nicely later on, lol.

Colossus also lost a tooth during the fight, and I'm pretty sure Juggernaut broke/bent one of his wrists. But I guess all that stuff heals, despite his being metal? He's some kind of organic metal that can replenish itself, I assume.

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 22 August 2018 - 02:53 PM.

#156 Caldwin

Caldwin

• Supporter
  • 24981 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 04:16 PM

So...a few things I'm confused on.

1. How does this movie even happen if Dead Pool killed Ryan Reynolds right after he read the scrip for Green Lantern?

2. Was he able to convince Hugh Jackman to come back to the Wolverine role?

3. Did World War II ever happen?

4. Did he save Vanessa?

5. If he did save Vanessa, did the rest of this movie happen?

6. If the rest of this move didn't happen because he saved Vanessa, does that mean he never met Cable and never got the time thingy and never went back to save Vanessa? So then he didn't save Vanessa and so he did meet Cable and he did get the time thingy. So he did save Vanessa and he didn't meet Cable and...and...

Oh my head hurts.
PSN = Caldwin

Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#157 CORVUS

CORVUS

Everyone has secrets.

• Supporter
  • 32921 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 07:18 PM

Yeah, I've read that Brolin wasn't entirely satisfied with his performance as Cable. I don't get it, either; I thought he was fantastic. Given Cable's backstory, I was kind of curious going in exactly how they'd handle it for people who aren't X-Men fans or really familiar with all of the convoluted time travel plots in the X-Men franchise (I know of them, but not the intricate details). Turns out they handled it really nicely... no long, drawn-out introductions to some grim future world - just cut to it, looks kinda interesting, purplish, grizzled dude activates a time machine - BLAMO.  "Your entire generation hugged this planet into a coma" summed it up rather nicely later on, lol.

Colossus also lost a tooth during the fight, and I'm pretty sure Juggernaut broke/bent one of his wrists. But I guess all that stuff heals, despite his being metal? He's some kind of organic metal that can replenish itself, I assume.

Yeah, I really loved what they did with Cable. Just enough backstory and imagery, without a huge, unwieldy exposition-dump.

And yeah, I knew about the tooth, that one was a bit more obvious than the dent. And considering how he was still able to fight with his right hand, I suspect it was just badly wrenched rather than broken. As far as the dent goes, I dunno. In the comics, they had several ways to mend Colossus on the rare occasions he got hurt.

“She went around with the attitude that she would rather be beaten to death than take any shit.” - Stieg Larsson

#158 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66182 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 22 August 2018 - 08:05 PM

So...a few things I'm confused on.

1. How does this movie even happen if Dead Pool killed Ryan Reynolds right after he read the scrip for Green Lantern?

2. Was he able to convince Hugh Jackman to come back to the Wolverine role?

3. Did World War II ever happen?

4. Did he save Vanessa?

5. If he did save Vanessa, did the rest of this movie happen?

6. If the rest of this move didn't happen because he saved Vanessa, does that mean he never met Cable and never got the time thingy and never went back to save Vanessa? So then he didn't save Vanessa and so he did meet Cable and he did get the time thingy. So he did save Vanessa and he didn't meet Cable and...and...

Oh my head hurts.

1. They're not the same person in the film?

2. It was old footage.

3. Why wouldn't it have?

4. Yes.

5. Probably.

6. Que?

ACItEK8.png

#159 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 28226 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 22 August 2018 - 08:46 PM

Basically the timeline in this movie is hugged the second Negasonic and Yukio fixed the time travel watch.  Just completely hugged.

Ironbite-we're still cleaning it up.

xC9l3eY.gif

#160 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

Hello, world

• Supporter
  • 19338 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 03:02 AM

The timeline was already hugged as a result of Days of Future Past, so Wade just rolled with it.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deadpool, Cable, Domino, Chimichangas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users