Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Ashley : (17 August 2019 - 02:30 AM)

They MIGHT have done it for Star Trek Online ships, but even if they have that'd be a fairly specific category.

@  Tieria Prime : (17 August 2019 - 02:11 AM)

Hi friends

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:05 AM)

So only if Viacom/Paramount has actively trademarked the term "multi-vector assault mode", offered goods or services under that name and has been offering those goods and services in recent years, Hasbro cannot offer goods or services under that name in the same category.

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:04 AM)

And they need to be consistently used on top of that.

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:03 AM)

Even if they are trademarked.

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:02 AM)

Words and terms used in dialogue shouldn't be affected.

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:02 AM)

Also, the trademarks only apply in commerce. You use them to identify goods and services.

@  Ashley : (16 August 2019 - 11:55 PM)

Yeah, you also need to apply for it. They might've never bothered to trademark that.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (16 August 2019 - 08:37 PM)

Trademark affects titles and product names, not every word in writing. For example, DC called their character "Captain Marvel" as recently as 2014.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 August 2019 - 08:30 PM)

You missed my point. I was addressing the usage of the phrase in dialogue. Hence the quotation marks.

@  Pennpenn : (16 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Well, they can anyway, they might just not be able to call it that...

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 August 2019 - 06:54 PM)

It would be awesome for Transformers to have the likes of Overlord and Sky Lynx "engage multi-vector assault mode!"

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 August 2019 - 06:53 PM)

It is a shame that "multi-vector assault mode" is probably trademarked for Star Trek.

@  unluckiness : (15 August 2019 - 10:54 PM)

Only if they manage to boomer-proof it

@  RichardT1977 : (15 August 2019 - 08:16 PM)

(and would that really be a bad thing?)

@  RichardT1977 : (15 August 2019 - 08:16 PM)

Wouldn't a cybernetic singularity actually remove one or more of the top levels of Maslow's hierarchy?

@  Steevy Maximus : (15 August 2019 - 07:40 PM)

Tomy made some strange selections on their first wave of Tomica releases for the US

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 August 2019 - 06:26 PM)

Resistance is futile.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 August 2019 - 06:20 PM)

I would be down for a nice cybernetic singularity if it meant we could actually reach the top of maslow's hierarchy.

@  Ashley : (15 August 2019 - 05:44 PM)

I'm pretty sure the origin of the villains in GaoGaiGar was a computer being told to reduce the stress of the population and it's answer was to assimilate everyone.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 August 2019 - 01:53 PM)

Executions then followed by nano reanimation then cryonic suspension until everyone you know is deactivated for good so you can build happiness in a future society.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 August 2019 - 01:47 PM)

As opposed to the ones that lie already? As a civilization: we're emotional and socially broken. Might as well have the society that at least wants us to be "happy".

@  RichardT1977 : (15 August 2019 - 11:48 AM)

Or you'd have a lot of people lying about their emotional state to avoid being executed.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 August 2019 - 11:18 AM)

That would actually be a massive step up: since there's a LOT of stuff needed to quantify happiness, and it could only be an improvement over the existing governments which actually don't care if you live or die, never mind if you're "happy".

@  RichardT1977 : (15 August 2019 - 10:02 AM)

Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Failure to be happy is treason. Have a nice daycycle!

@  unluckiness : (15 August 2019 - 01:46 AM)

Maslow's hierarchy of needs

@  MrBlud : (14 August 2019 - 09:46 PM)

Humanity is pretty forgiving if you take care of its basic needs. "Freedom" and "Privacy" don't have much hold when you can't afford food, shelter, or medicine.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 August 2019 - 03:29 PM)

Something something peace through tyranny.

@  Maximus Ambus : (14 August 2019 - 02:43 PM)

You probably will have a house, AI overseers will crack down on stress, poverty, homelessness and human administration.

@  Rycochet : (14 August 2019 - 02:36 PM)

The bad news is they'll probab;y be made and operated by Amazon so will record every single thing you do and transmit it to their datacenters so theycan have human operators sift through it and laugh at footage of you dancing in your socks or having intercourse.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (14 August 2019 - 02:32 PM)

What if I don't have a house by then?

@  wonko the sane? : (14 August 2019 - 02:32 PM)

If the robot will do the cleaning, I don't care if it's mandatory. I'm sick of moping floors.

@  Maximus Ambus : (14 August 2019 - 02:05 PM)

humanoid service robots, one for every house in the west. ETA: 2050. household robots will be mandatory.

@  Rycochet : (14 August 2019 - 02:03 PM)

All I know is it'd be tragic if those evil robots win. I know she can beat them.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 August 2019 - 01:53 PM)

Big ones? Small ones? Ones as big as your head?

@  Rycochet : (14 August 2019 - 12:22 PM)

The robots are pink. Someone call Yoshimi!

@  wonko the sane? : (14 August 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Yeah, could you maybe be more specific? Are they good robots? Bad ones? Do they just want to take our jobs? We need more information to work out how we feel about them.

@  Benbot : (14 August 2019 - 11:03 AM)

which ones?

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 August 2019 - 11:24 AM)

Robots are coming....

@  wonko the sane? : (12 August 2019 - 07:14 PM)

my nephew showed me the cuphead rap, and now it's stuck in my head...

@  Hg Dragon : (12 August 2019 - 07:07 PM)

Hershey squirts. AKA diarrhea

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 August 2019 - 11:10 AM)

Scioli Cybertron has a paradox machine courtesy of Lord Umbra, a defence against Unicronus.

@  Pennpenn : (12 August 2019 - 09:16 AM)

Hershey Squirts? Is this going to be one of those questions it turns out I don't want to know the answer to?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (12 August 2019 - 01:16 AM)

Breaking news from ALTernity Today: planet-monster found dead of OD

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (12 August 2019 - 01:15 AM)

Someone should tell multiversal Unicron to consume the reality of Scioli Transformers vs. G.I. Joe.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 August 2019 - 12:58 AM)

Lithone got its revenge. It gave the Chaos Bringer the Hershey Squirts.

@  Steevy Maximus : (11 August 2019 - 08:08 PM)

I guess the upcoming film "Don't Let Go" is a remake of Frequency but with cell phones instead of HAM radios?

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 August 2019 - 03:58 PM)

Lithone took a nibble first.

@  unluckiness : (11 August 2019 - 04:05 AM)

The time has come. Execute Patch 6.6

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 August 2019 - 02:57 AM)

This is why the Jedi had to be so brutally nerfed.

Photo
- - - - -

Allspark Exclusive! - 'Quantum Beast Leap' comic page 1

31 replies to this topic

#21 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Staff
  • 9592 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:04 PM

Also, do we think that design for Primal is maybe what he's gonna look like in POTP?

I don't really see why everyone keeps saying this. Hasbro products generally influence the media, not the other way around. Earth Wars Optimus is basically the cartoon/Masterpiece design. Star Saber as well. And Primal is a conglomeration of the influences as presented in the design collage Jalaguy reposted just now.

No matter how much Hasbro works with the Earth Wars team, I strongly doubt Hasbro's designers are staking all their ideas on a single mobile game.

I think Immortalis's suggestion was that the game developers might've had an early look at the POTP toy design, like how we technically first saw TR Soundwave through the game.

#22 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9649 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:40 PM

Also, do we think that design for Primal is maybe what he's gonna look like in POTP?

I don't really see why everyone keeps saying this. Hasbro products generally influence the media, not the other way around. Earth Wars Optimus is basically the cartoon/Masterpiece design. Star Saber as well. And Primal is a conglomeration of the influences as presented in the design collage Jalaguy reposted just now.

No matter how much Hasbro works with the Earth Wars team, I strongly doubt Hasbro's designers are staking all their ideas on a single mobile game.

I think Immortalis's suggestion was that the game developers might've had an early look at the POTP toy design, like how we technically first saw TR Soundwave through the game.

Wait, really? Earth Wars debuted the TR Soundwave design? In that case, I don't give the game designers enough credit.

Edited by SHIELD Agent 47, 14 April 2017 - 05:40 PM.

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#23 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

It's a nice day for a...

• Citizen
  • 9121 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 08:16 PM

It is entirely possible that the game developers are looking at a toy design or concept art.

#24 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 17413 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 08:28 PM

The design stuff we've seen from the developers themselves make it seem clear to me that it's just their own house elaboration of MP Primal. Otherwise, the "Hasbro reference" would be POTP Primal and not "stuff we drew over MP Primal".

#25 Nevermore

Nevermore

Unionized and proud of it.

• Supporter
  • 12868 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:57 PM

So who bought Megatron here?
"'[Foreigners] at least need to be able to speak proper German.' Okay, what the hell is that supposed to be? Proper German'? Where do they speak that? Have you ever been there? Are you German? Can you engage in a conversation in a Swabian pub? Most people from Cologne already fail at asking for directions in the Eifel region."
- Volker Pispers, German comedian

#26 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 22888 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:10 PM

Perceptor seems to think it was the decepticons

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#27 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 28294 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:40 PM

Perceptor seems to think it was the decepticons

How expensive was he for them?

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#28 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 2641 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:36 AM

I just love Grimock dropping everything he's doing to rush in and help what he immediately concludes to be his future self purely on the basis that he's also a T. rex. And that "nobody's perfect" gag always gets a laugh out of me.

Meanwhile Razorclaw's crawling on the ground in flames, forgotten.

#29 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The Dark Knights Final Fantasy!

• Staff
  • 13203 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:14 AM

This looks like a lot of fun!

fslookup.jpg

#30 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 22888 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:04 PM

I just love Grimock dropping everything he's doing to rush in and help what he immediately concludes to be his future self purely on the basis that he's also a T. rex. And that "nobody's perfect" gag always gets a laugh out of me.

Meanwhile Razorclaw's crawling on the ground in flames, forgotten.

My favorite bit is Grimlocks stupid grin when he says nobody's perfect

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#31 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 9637 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:35 PM

This comic's title is... not good.

Like you could have called it "Quantum Beast" using the same font and conveyed the exact same gag in a less awkward manner than just sticking the word beast in the middle.

Edited by Kil, 15 April 2017 - 04:35 PM.

#32 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9649 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:43 PM

The dialogues in the game have Grimlock suggesting to recruit new forces from another timeframe. So Perceptor modifies the space bridge for transtemporal capability, and reaches Primal. But Shockwave interferes with Perceptor's signal, and presumably that is what draws both Primal and Megatron to the present.

That's what I recall, anyway. I'm an Autobot player so I can't see the Decepticon dialogue.

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users