Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Otaku : (19 May 2018 - 02:17 PM)

@TM2-Megatron Yeah, it is like @TheMightyMollusk says. The catch is that usually means they can contain beef, and I confirmed it by pushing my luck. XD So... yeah, if going to the theater was about watching the film, it might be worth potentially resting on the balls of my feet while technically sitting in the chair, but put it all together... and I just wait to watch it at home. Oh, and ticket prices, always ticket prices.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2018 - 10:24 AM)

woot woot! Korean barbeque for dinner!

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 May 2018 - 05:51 AM)

It's meat scraps. Whatever's left over from cutting up the more choice cuts.

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 May 2018 - 11:26 PM)

Well, the hot dogs Cineplex has (pretty much our only big theatre chain) around here are quite good, but I have no idea of the composition, and honestly, it's probably better that way.

@  Otaku : (18 May 2018 - 10:01 PM)

@TM2-Megatron In my case, shouldn't risk the hot dogs, either. Maybe if they are guaranteed to contain NO beef (can't digest it anymore >_<).

@  Waspinator : (18 May 2018 - 08:12 PM)

Semper ubi sub ubi

@  Nevermore : (18 May 2018 - 01:18 PM)

Then classmate, I mean.

@  Nevermore : (18 May 2018 - 01:18 PM)

A classmate of mine once did one: Asked for the English term for [underpants], he replied "underground trousers".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (18 May 2018 - 10:10 AM)

Urkomisch!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (18 May 2018 - 10:10 AM)

@Nevermore First time I have ever heard of this, but it sounds awesome!

@  Arazyr : (18 May 2018 - 08:39 AM)

We did that amongst ourselves in German class in college. We just called it "Germish", though.

@  Shrug : (18 May 2018 - 07:01 AM)

Nevermore, you've peaked my interest and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter

@  Nevermore : (18 May 2018 - 04:04 AM)

The term itself is an example: "English for Runaways" is supposed to mean "English for advanced speakers".

@  Nevermore : (18 May 2018 - 04:03 AM)

Think of it as the German variety of Engrish, only done completely on purpose for maximum hilarity. The target audience are bilingual German native speakers who a) understand the intended meaning and b) realize the absurdness of the end result.

@  Nevermore : (18 May 2018 - 04:02 AM)

It's basically the official unofficial term for deliberate mistranslations between German and English, done for the lulz.

@  Nevermore : (18 May 2018 - 04:01 AM)

Has anyone ever heard of the term "English for Runaways"?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 May 2018 - 01:13 AM)

Okay... Seriously.. The Mystic Knights need a DVD release already.. I keep seeing them pop up in the most random of places.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (18 May 2018 - 01:03 AM)

Unfortunately no Squidkids at Sea World so no splat zones. Now that would have been a good brand deal to advertise in the park, and would have made more brand sense than friggin' Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog.

@  Paladin : (17 May 2018 - 07:52 PM)

i think that's where the orcas jump & land on the trainers in protest to their horrible treatment

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 May 2018 - 06:53 PM)

Splat zones? ;)

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 May 2018 - 05:05 PM)

It was wet from gallons of salt water. Splash zones, man.

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 May 2018 - 04:46 PM)

Only if you're classy.

@  Paladin : (17 May 2018 - 04:42 PM)

do you serve orca meat with butter?

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 May 2018 - 03:57 PM)

I hope it was wet from butter

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 May 2018 - 01:06 AM)

I used to work at Sea World in Florida, in the stroller rental warehouse, where we would regularly have to hose wet popcorn out of strollers. Popcorn hasn't really appealed to me since.

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 May 2018 - 07:36 PM)

Mine got the HP Pavilion Gaming 15" Green light laptop...and I can't find anything about it except the press release and HP's own website options.

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 May 2018 - 07:35 PM)

Always bemusing to find a new laptop series at Walmart and then can't find ANYTHING online about it except for the press releases

@  Paladin : (16 May 2018 - 06:52 PM)

still sounds preferable to "The Hobbit."

@  wonko the sane? : (16 May 2018 - 06:15 PM)

I once farted so rank the guy behind me walked out of the lord of rings movie. Told my brother someone needed to sew my ass shut on his way out.

@  TM2-Megatron : (16 May 2018 - 06:15 PM)

If I couldn't eat popcorn, I have to admit that would remove part of the appeal for my going, as well. Although the theatre chain up here still has decent hot dogs, I guess

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 May 2018 - 06:12 PM)

Yeah.. Stomach issues is one of the big medical reasons for me as well.

@  Otaku : (16 May 2018 - 05:55 PM)

I rarely go to movie theaters anymore: besides being too fat to sit comfortably in the seats, I have digestive health issues. No popcorn at all. >_<

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 May 2018 - 05:26 PM)

Medical reasons.

@  Telly : (16 May 2018 - 12:49 PM)

why?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (15 May 2018 - 04:37 PM)

I can't even go the theater anymore really.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 May 2018 - 03:29 PM)

Personally, I like the short wait. As much as I still enjoy going to the theatre, I also like getting movies at home as soon as possible

@  Bass X0 : (15 May 2018 - 03:12 PM)

Just found out John Mahoney (Martin Crane in Frasier) died earlier this year. That's sad.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 May 2018 - 02:59 PM)

I don't think I'm ever going to get used to the turn around time on new movies making it to home formats.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 May 2018 - 02:37 PM)

Only for Steelbooks and whatnot, anyway

@  Telly : (15 May 2018 - 02:23 PM)

picked up black panther on bluray. walmart had little signs next to the price sticker saying theyre actually limiting copies of it to 2 per customer. ive never seen that on a movie before

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 May 2018 - 03:34 PM)

And I get to keep the vehicle with its 43,130 miles!

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 May 2018 - 03:34 PM)

Cha-CHING! My "total loss" PT Cruiser (with some hail damage from last year with a $4200 repair bill for cosmetic damage) netted me a $6000 payday with a clear title since it is over 10 years old!

@  Locoman : (14 May 2018 - 01:36 PM)

Yes. The authorities have been notified of your predilections. Remain where you are.

@  RichardT1977 : (14 May 2018 - 11:53 AM)

Is it wrong that I want to refer to PotP Inferno's combiner form as Phoenix King?

@  Paladin : (14 May 2018 - 07:33 AM)

more and more i'm starting to wish i'd become an alcoholic years ago.

@  Otaku : (14 May 2018 - 06:31 AM)

The sad thing is that I sometimes think a little social drinking by others puts us on even footing. I'm sure you're all shocked (which emoticon do i use for sarcasm again?) that I'm not good at social situations, and either I clam up or say too much, can't read the room, etc.? XP

@  Nevermore : (14 May 2018 - 12:21 AM)

I don't drink for a variety of reasons. Family alcoholism, can't stand the smell, don't like what it does to people, etc.

@  Waspinator : (13 May 2018 - 11:15 PM)

It's not always other people caring about you not drinking that makes it awkward. You can make yourself feel awkward by not doing something everyone else is doing without anyone even trying to make you do it. Peer pressure doesn't have to be intentional, the desire to fit in can make you do it to yourself.

@  Plokatron : (13 May 2018 - 10:57 PM)

@Pennpenn Same here. I just don't see a need to drink hard stuff even if it's as simple as one sip. Two reasons one I'd probably be as much a lightweight as Doc. Brown and two my uncle was killed in a car wreck due to a drunk driver and I've made a promise to my mother to never drink unless it's very special. I'm even less tolerant of Smoking or chewing Tabaco since my dad had cancer twice due to chewing learned his lesson after he survived round two. And before I get the naysayers on this the doctors specified to him that it was chewing that screwed him up. His genes did have a possible trigger in them that coulc of gone off but according to the docs it only mutated after he started chewing.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (13 May 2018 - 08:06 PM)

I have enough problems with Diabetes messing with me.. Don't need alcohol adding to it. ;)

Photo
- - - - -

Transformers: Forged to Fight

204 replies to this topic

#1 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 21637 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:31 PM

Admittedly I don't play video games but I like how Movie Bonecrusher is one of the first characters in the trailer.

KABAM AND HASBRO UNVEIL TRANSFORMERS: FORGED TO FIGHT

More Than Thirty Years of Transformers History Collides in an Epic High-Definition 3D Action-Fighting Game

SAN FRANCISCO – December 1, 2016 Kabam, a world leader of massively multiplayer mobile games for a global audience, and Hasbro Inc. today announced the title and key details of TRANSFORMERS: Forged to Fight, a new high-definition, action-fighting mobile game set in an immersive world. The game will feature authentic Transformers “more than meets the eye” action, allowing players to engage with Optimus Prime, Megatron and many other popular Autobots and Decepticons in a stunning 3D environment. The new title will enter beta testing in select territories soon and will be available worldwide in Spring 2017.

TRANSFORMERS: Forged to Fight will give players access to nearly every era of the franchise’s history, challenging gamers to assemble the ultimate team of Transformers characters, including Autobots and Decepticons from the animated TV series, blockbuster films, as well as fan-favorites from the Transformers comic book series and Hasbro’s line of iconic figures. As fans assemble their team, they will forge alliances, battle other players and dive into a unique storyline that goes beyond good versus evil.

TRANSFORMERS: Forged to Fight embraces the best that the Transformers brand has to offer, allowing players to collect the most memorable Autobots and Decepticons from every era of the brand’s thirty-plus year history,” said Mark Blecher, Senior Vice President, Digital Gaming and Corporate Development at Hasbro. “We’re excited to work with Kabam to bring this unique mobile game to life, and think fans will be thrilled with the final product.”

In TRANSFORMERS: Forged to Fight, explore an epic new universe where multiple realities collide to form a massive planetary battlefield. Players will assemble a team of Autobots and Decepticons from across time and space to fight against a world of corrupted Transformers and their villainous overlords. The game features amazing visuals, intense one-on-one battles, meaningful robot to vehicle converting action and deep RPG elements. Transformers such as Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron, Starscream and Grimlock will level up over time, unleashing powerful new abilities and devastating robot-vehicle attacks.

“The Transformers franchise and its characters are larger than life, and Kabam is working closely with Hasbro to develop a game that lives up to that expectation,” said Mike McCartney, Executive Producer for TRANSFORMERS: Forged to Fight. “It will be a thrilling experience for long-time fans of the brand as well as newcomers, offering players incredible visuals, action-packed gameplay, and a truly immersive world.”

TRANSFORMERS: Forged to Fight is being developed by Kabam Vancouver, the studio who created Fast & Furious: Legacy and Marvel Contest of Champions, a top grossing game on the App Store.

Edited by Powered Convoy, 01 December 2016 - 01:49 PM.

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#2 Spectre

Spectre
  • Retired Staff
  • 10607 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:34 PM

This looked really interesting when I thought it was maybe a console game. Not interested in free-to-play thing that will be unplayable in a year anyway. 

#3 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 40732 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:40 PM

Firelord Rhinox in the image on the home page is... Tell me more, please.

#4 Jetstream C-18

Jetstream C-18

Highly Visible Ninja

• Citizen
  • 24240 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:44 PM

Bonecrusher hates this.

#5 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is coming!

• Apprentice Staff
  • 37918 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:45 PM

Hmmn. Looks like a neat fighting game.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#6 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 21637 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:46 PM

Firelord Rhinox in the image on the home page is... Tell me more, please.

where is this at

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#7 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 40732 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:48 PM

https://transformersforgedtofight.com/

firebeast.jpg

#8 Chip

Chip

Machine Saurer, my strength / Only you can understand my heart.

• Citizen
  • 7171 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:51 PM

I assume that's Headstrong. Glowy Headstrong.

#9 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 61862 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:51 PM

Needs more Skywarp and less T-Cracker and Starscream.

background-21f7fe426c1.png

#10 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 40732 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:54 PM

Since it's pretty much on model with the Voyager Rhinox's beast mode rather than anything "G1", I'm going to ignore all rational guesses and go straight to the ridiculous. It's Beast Wars Fallen.

#11 Broadside

Broadside

Black hole sun/Won't you come/And swallow Cybertron

• Apprentice Staff
  • 10130 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:59 PM

So, are we measuring the time before cancellation in months or weeks?

#12 Chip

Chip

Machine Saurer, my strength / Only you can understand my heart.

• Citizen
  • 7171 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:02 PM

I'm confused by but interested in the Action Blast mix of character designs. Starscream is just G1, and Ironhide is just movie. We've seen other games do interesting mixes of those design styles; but those games folded, so maybe there's not much point.

#13 Walky

Walky

A bigger physique than a gorilla captain

• Citizen
  • 38176 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:04 PM

Since it's pretty much on model with the Voyager Rhinox's beast mode rather than anything "G1", I'm going to ignore all rational guesses and go straight to the ridiculous. It's Beast Wars Fallen.

Now that Rhinox is Death

#14 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 21637 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:06 PM

So, are we measuring the time before cancellation in months or weeks?

well, contest of champions seems to be pretty successful, so maybe it might stay for a while

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#15 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 6926 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:09 PM

He was such a cool character until they tried to retcon him into G1 Fallen.

#16 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 40732 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:14 PM

Oh right. Flame bits.

He's G1 Inferno.

#17 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 26497 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:17 PM

Those of a more mellow temper can look forward to Transformers: Tempered to Talk.

#18 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 34221 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:51 PM

Maybe it's Backstop.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#19 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 3066 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 03:10 PM

So, uh, is Earth Wars living on borrowed time now?

This is, like, the third time Hasbro has run two mobile games concurrently and then axed the older one.
"He learned, almost too late, that man is a feeling creature and, because of it, the greatest in the universe. He learned, too late for himself, that men have to make their own way, to make their own mistakes. There can't be any gift of perfection from outside ourselves. And, when men seek such perfection, they find there's only death, fire, loss, disillusionment, the end of everything that's gone forward. Men have always sought an end to toil and misery. It can't be given; it has to be achieved. There is hope, but it has to come from inside, from man himself."

#20 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 14715 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 03:13 PM

RID and ABTF have both been running for years, and ABTF at least is a legitimate mobile game.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users