Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Rycochet : (15 July 2020 - 11:04 AM)

'Take that! People who care about things!'

@  Rycochet : (15 July 2020 - 11:02 AM)

With Brian, he stopped being the voice of reason and started to be the right wing notion of a liberal, someone who's lazy, pretentious, doesn't work at anything, is every bit as abusive as the rest of the cast and only wins arguments with strawmen.

@  Otaku : (15 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

Of course, I stopped enjoying Family Guy around that time, so my bias is clear. XP

@  Otaku : (15 July 2020 - 10:54 AM)

Is it because they changed or we changed?  Stuff that was charming, or at least, funny at first can get really annoying the longer you know a person... and I find that can go for fictional characters as well.

@  ▲ndrusi : (15 July 2020 - 08:03 AM)

familyguyjar.png

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 July 2020 - 03:45 AM)

One example is Family Guy where around season 8 Brian is suddenly reviled by everyone and has acted way out of character since.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 July 2020 - 03:44 AM)

My least favorite thing in fiction is when it changes hands so you get a author, writer or showrunner who hates a character or messes with a arc/layout.

@  Sabrblade : (14 July 2020 - 06:02 PM)

You'll shoot yer eye out, kid.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 July 2020 - 04:36 PM)

I shot the sheriff.

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 July 2020 - 04:24 PM)

han wasn't even in the movie until later

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 July 2020 - 04:23 PM)

the stormtroopers shot first

@  Sabrblade : (14 July 2020 - 03:33 PM)

Maclunkey

@  Paladin : (14 July 2020 - 06:18 AM)

the correct answwer to "who shot first" will always be "Harrison Ford if he ever hears that hugging question again."

@  Maximus Ambus : (14 July 2020 - 12:25 AM)

Han shot first. Plain and simple.

@  -LittleAutob... : (13 July 2020 - 06:21 PM)

\(-_-)

@  Bass X0 : (13 July 2020 - 05:26 PM)

"Here's a little---whatever. A little thing. A disclosure. An insight. Revisionism---I've always been fascinated by it. By the idea of a writer going back and altering things. Make no mistake: an edit is a profoundly aggressive act. As Froid once said, we grieve for the murdered word. If you want to get the measure of an author, don't look at what they've left on the page.... look at what they've taken away." -- Rung (MTMTE #28)

@  Verno : (11 July 2020 - 11:20 PM)

2021: :idea :rolleyes :p :D

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:20 PM)

Perfection. :thumbsup

@  Patch : (11 July 2020 - 06:17 PM)

My plans:  :hmm  2020:  :)

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:02 PM)

Our plans for 2020 were as amazing as Optimus Prime. But then 2020 came like Hot Rod.

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 05:50 PM)

Indeed....

@  Bass X0 : (11 July 2020 - 05:40 PM)

"He who dies with the most toys wins."

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:11 PM)

Hey you, get moving, it's not too far, you're looking good so come as you are. Hey you, you never know what you'll see, when it's through that door with the 73.

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:10 PM)

Hey you, get ready, get on your feet. Get into gear and hit the street.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 12:46 PM)

I recall number 73 (old british show) discussing the Transformers movie and had the presenters trying to transform a few figures, one argued his deflated beach ball was a Transformer too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 July 2020 - 08:03 AM)

And he's a big ball, but he's not the biggest ball of them all. (That'll be Pulse Unicron.)

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 07:37 AM)

Trypticon so scared my Primus figure he turned into a ball.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 July 2020 - 09:56 PM)

King Nine, however, will not return.

@  Bass X0 : (09 July 2020 - 05:05 PM)

Bass_X0 will return after these messages ^^^

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 July 2020 - 03:37 PM)

WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOOARRGH

@  -LittleAutob... : (09 July 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Okay?

@  Otaku : (09 July 2020 - 07:47 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Ah, but the series itself has pronounced "Bass" both ways. ;)  Oh, 90s English Capcom video game voice acting...

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 July 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Looking at my Titan Returns collection I can see they realised they didn't have to paint the Titan Masters after wave one, lazy bums.

@  Maruten : (08 July 2020 - 09:13 PM)

No, I'm going with "fish".

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 July 2020 - 04:19 PM)

He stated that it's in reference to the Mega Man character, so it follows the series' tradition of music names.

@  Cybersnark : (08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM)

The real question is if it's "bass" as in music or "bass" as in the fish.

@  Otaku : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Well, at least now I know how to pronounce @Bass X0 's screen name. ^^'  Rather, I think I'd just forgotten.  In my defense, it really does look like an emoticon or maybe just "decoration", which is what a lot of folks add to their screen names online.  Usually because someone has the name they really want. XD

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Extremely unimpressed with your idea that someone making a negative observation you don't like means they "got triggered."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (08 July 2020 - 11:16 AM)

You know somebody asked "And this would be in relation to... what exactly?"

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Its because someone got triggered over my random musings instead of just ignoring them. If I read one of your comments that is of no relevance or interest to me, I don't feel the need to say so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

All this over someone's username lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 08:34 AM)

Bazro.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (08 July 2020 - 06:34 AM)

It could be Bass 10-0

@  Nevermore : (08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM)

How do you pronounce yourself? "Bass Ex-O" or "Bass Ex-Zero"?

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 03:23 AM)

I did almost go with Vile Bass X0, because Vile is cool too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 July 2020 - 08:34 PM)

Bossk Saw

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 July 2020 - 04:16 PM)

Bass XD

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)

And its not Bass XO, its Bass X0, as in Bass, X and Zero from the Mega Man series.

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:33 PM)

@Trpodeca :( :(

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Thats what a gray rock is? Then I'm not one.

Photo
- - - - -

Non-TF: April Ghouls!

12 replies to this topic

#1 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 3088 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:35 PM

Who can wait until October for a Monstrous Miniseries? Not me! Enjoy a week of creepy critters!

ag_blackcat.jpg

As a witch’s familiar, the black cat is a vessel for raw magic, an encyclopedia for spells, and a real good mouser. For protection (of all that magic, that is) the fell feline has been granted 9 Lives, on top of its natural ability to cheat death.

The cursed kitty has learned a way to replenish lost lives by sucking the breath out of a sleeping baby. As these can be hard to come by (much less without a protective mother), the miserable moggy takes a life every chance it gets instead of waiting for when it’s nearly out, though mercifully the terrible tabby cannot exceed 9 at any given time.

#2 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 3088 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 11:10 AM

ag_hazmat.jpg

The HAZMAT suit makers promised it’d keep everything out. Unfortunately for Sam, the parasite was only looking for a support frame...

#3 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 3088 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:35 AM

ag_necro.jpg

The Necromancer is here to make you refight the bosses all over again. But not any of the really fun ones, nor the one with cool secret shortcut you only found out after you beat them the ‘right’ way, not even the super easy ones that really could’ve benefited from a second, harder round. Nope, Mr. Necro-man’s bringing back all the other ones, the painfully forgettable and the unforgettably painful bosses. Yes, even THAT one, especially that one...

At least once you’re through you are free to thrash the Necromancer in any way you see fit, and given his pechant for hanging out in over-the-top torture chambers you can be very creative... although he somehow always manages to pop back up in the sequel. Is there a necromancer for the Necromancer?

And yes, the design is based of a priest. As a Westerner, I'm fascinated by how Japanese media tends to use Christian visuals purely because "it looks cool/ominous" and wanted to try one for myself, and as a raised Catholic I'm allowed to, haha. It also justifies doing another "skullface" monster.

#4 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 3088 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:29 PM

ag_dorian.jpg

It starts off normally enough. Someone finds a painting that speaks to them on some level and they decide to take it home, even if said painting was in a dumpster or washed up on some beach or in the ruins of a house. The artwork instantly becomes a centerpiece, shown off to every single guest --everyone that passes by the house, really-- even if nobody else gets the charm and in fact finds it rather eerie.

The “rescuer” (as they inevitably style themselves) soon becomes obsessed with their find, staring at it for days on end, utterly oblivious to the way the piece slllloooooooowy changes. Sometimes the painted objects decay, sometimes they reverse-age, sometimes something altogether weirder happens; regardless, many do not realize until it’s far too late and they find the affect has also happened to THEM.

A fortunate few are able to snap out of this trance or have a concerned friend or neighbor help them out, and the possessed painting is promptly disposed of, sometimes with woodchippers and bonfires. No matter what happens, though, the spectral picture magically recovers and waits for the next poor fool...

Initially I wanted to use a photo of actual peepers in the peepholes here, but it wasn't working for a number of reasons and I think the drawn eyes managed to pull off the "unnaturally natural" look far better anyways.

Also, the picture isn't always "portrait of some Victorian guy." As it's literally paint on a canvas it can be whatever it wants.

#5 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 3088 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:32 PM

ag_hellhound.jpg

The hellhound is the fearsome guardian of, well, Hell, and naturally his job consists more of keeping souls IN rather keeping anyone OUT. Yet there are some desperate fools that do try to break in for one reason or another, and they all soon learn that the hellhound is both unkillable and still able to eat them despite his head being torn in two.

#6 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 3088 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:15 PM

ag_hellevator.jpg

The eerie elevator is a kind of poltergeist that can manifest from any elevator, typically just for one trip before mysteriously vanishing. The mechanical miscreant always starts things off by simply closing the doors, leaving just enough time for the chosen victim to rush in and believe they’ve somehow won at life (haHahHAhahAAAhA). The rider soon regrets not taking the stairs when the elevator starts plummeting down, rocketing upward, flying sideways, moving in directions that shouldn’t be, even somehow going past the dimensions of the building it’s in. The elevator just might drop off passengers in a different reality altogether, but usually it takes them where they wanted to go... if it remembers. As a final jab, the doors always end up on the exact opposite side of where one expects them.

By far the worst thing the elevator does, however, is to play a soft piano version of the theme from “Forbidden Zone.”

#7 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Thighs should be seductive.

• Supporter
  • 51508 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 06 April 2017 - 01:36 PM

Have to say I'm really loving these - the concepts are really inventive, and I love the texture of the linework!

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#8 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 3088 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 05:59 PM

Last one!

ag_sazaeoni.jpg

The Sazae-Oni is a peculiar youkai that has a thing for pirates. She pretends to be a drowning maiden, and is more than willing to sleep with the entire crew that ‘saved’ her as a reward. Of course, come the morning the pirates find that they’ve all been robbed of something precious, something they were deeply attached to. The macabre thief turns out to be the ‘rescued woman’, who reveals she’s just part of a monstrous snail ogre. She (they?) then offer to return the pilfered bodyparts for a price: jewels for jewels. Naturally, the Sazae-Oni has gotten rather wealthy off this scheme. She’d gladly do it just to see the looks on peoples faces when they realize the entire ploy amounted to a bad pun, but she’s got a reputation to uphold.

Although the "maiden" and "monster" forms are one being, they do have different personalities; the maiden being sassy and outgoing while the monster is stern and down-to-business.

#9 Jet

Jet

Super-unvincible

• Citizen
  • 24927 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 07 April 2017 - 06:21 PM

Japanese mythology. AWESOME.

D&D has to report to shareholders. Pathfinder only has to impress its neckbeards.

#10 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18298 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 04 May 2017 - 04:01 PM

While generally not one for the macabre, I'll lend another voice to commending the quality of the linework on these.
Spoiler

#11 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 14708 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:04 PM

I like them, the cartoony style makes them less scary/gory. I particularly like the hellhound and that its "two heads" is actually one split in half.

#12 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60169 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:36 PM

That is a very evocative style. And they all look super sharp. 

I particularly like the painting but it was really tough to decide which was a favorite. Can't wait to see more. 

#13 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Spooking Anybody

• Citizen
  • 3088 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:07 AM

Thanks everybody!

I like them, the cartoony style makes them less scary/gory. I particularly like the hellhound and that its "two heads" is actually one split in half.

Heh, yeah. I'm not terribly into shock and horror, but I absolutely adore "spooky" as a theme -- like Addams Family or Courage the Cowardly Dog or (as per my avatar) Ghostbusters. I mean, I'm not shying away from blood and guts, but it's part of the style as opposed to trying to get a certain reaction.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users