Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 December 2020 - 05:39 PM)

*good week

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 December 2020 - 05:35 PM)

It's been a good work for The Hunt: got Netflix Bumblebee (suck it Walmart!) and stopped at Walgreens and found a lone Bluestreak. I'm pretty much done until new stuff rolls out in February

@  tigerhawk : (02 December 2020 - 03:53 PM)

There's some fab fandubs of comic scenes on Youtube, it's MTMTE/LL mostly but there's some great stuff such as Tarn learning of Megatron's defection and Megatron talking to Ravage.

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 November 2020 - 09:31 PM)

Wonderful audio separation and balance.

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 November 2020 - 09:29 PM)

For Transformers The Movie 86

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 November 2020 - 09:28 PM)

I will say, the blu ray remaster, especially the audio is pretty spot on. Watching it on Apple TV has been enlightening.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (30 November 2020 - 09:00 PM)

Vode An!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (30 November 2020 - 08:59 PM)

I do not overly care for the Bad Batch, but it will be interesting to see what the animated series will bring to the table.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (30 November 2020 - 08:59 PM)

Alpha, Delta Squad, Omega Squad, and the Muunilinst 10 are quite the contrast to what we have at present in Disney canon.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (30 November 2020 - 08:57 PM)

Who else here read the pre-2008 Clone Commandos and ARC Troopers back in the day?

@  tigerhawk : (30 November 2020 - 05:04 PM)

Monoliths in Utah and Romania.

@  Sabrblade : (29 November 2020 - 05:11 PM)

Also, the face of the black redeco is painted gray.

@  Sabrblade : (29 November 2020 - 05:09 PM)

To be a little fair, the original was also lacking in more detailed color. The Telemocha Series figure fixed that.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 November 2020 - 05:05 PM)

The unpainted face and all the greys make that look like a knockoff.

@  Sabrblade : (29 November 2020 - 05:01 PM)

One could headcanon this one as such.

@  Otaku : (29 November 2020 - 01:06 PM)

@Bass X0 Weird how they come close, with the likes of Onyx Primal and Nemesis Prime (Universe 2003), but no actual evil gorilla...

@  wonko the sane? : (28 November 2020 - 03:00 PM)

Oh my god! WFC ravage is adorable! Who's a pudgy kitty? Yes you are!

@  tigerhawk : (28 November 2020 - 09:50 AM)

The 86 line prevented made me reconsider a new years resolution.

@  unluckiness : (28 November 2020 - 04:33 AM)

And Devastator because I'm a sucker for combiners

@  unluckiness : (28 November 2020 - 04:32 AM)

Decided to stick with the main cast from 2007 and a few assorted ones here and there.

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 November 2020 - 02:02 PM)

I said I wouldn't buy a lot, now I have seven. And at least three might be on the culling pile.

@  tigerhawk : (27 November 2020 - 11:44 AM)

"I'll just get one" I said now I have almost twenty Studio Series figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 November 2020 - 11:19 AM)

The geese are fleeing... death comes soon...

@  unluckiness : (25 November 2020 - 07:20 PM)

Not even head, just a faceeven

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 November 2020 - 12:58 PM)

Just stick a Megatron head on Optimal Optimus.

@  Sabrblade : (25 November 2020 - 12:46 PM)

There was also an evil-looking black and gray redeco of the RobotMasters toy

@  Arazyr : (25 November 2020 - 11:54 AM)

That's KIND-OF what I consider the Throne of the Primes Primal to be...

@  wonko the sane? : (25 November 2020 - 11:16 AM)

I would buy the hell out a nemesis primal...

@  Bass X0 : (25 November 2020 - 11:15 AM)

I'm surprised there's not been a Nemesis Primal given all the Nemesis Primes.

@  unluckiness : (23 November 2020 - 03:17 AM)

The real Drifts were the Windblades we made along the way

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 November 2020 - 02:25 AM)

Drift-kun 2 Electric Boobylube

@  ▲ndrusi : (22 November 2020 - 11:36 PM)

I'm pretty sure Drift 2 was Empire of Stone.

@  Sabrblade : (22 November 2020 - 10:06 PM)

I thought people said Prime Wheeljack was Drift 2.

@  tigerhawk : (22 November 2020 - 03:51 PM)

Windblade was Drift.2.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 November 2020 - 02:44 PM)

Drift with boobs.

@  Rycochet : (22 November 2020 - 11:50 AM)

I can't imagine a live action movie version of Windblade being all that different from Drift. Not my thing, but not the worst thing I've ever seen.

@  Bass X0 : (22 November 2020 - 09:54 AM)

The thought of Movie aesthetic Windblade makes me feel sick.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 November 2020 - 08:47 AM)

Though, the fact that Japanese people would pay for Windblade toys in the $30-40 range doesn't mean they'd pay however much MPs are going for now.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 November 2020 - 08:44 AM)

Back when I made a habit of checking Mandarake for pre-owned TFs, Windblade's toys went for surprisingly high prices. By which I mean not lower than the original price.

@  tigerhawk : (22 November 2020 - 08:15 AM)

If she's in the next movie you might get her.

@  unluckiness : (22 November 2020 - 07:58 AM)

Japan didn't get most of the IDW comics and are the target market for MP. They basically know windblade from a few crappy pack-in comics and a show that wasn't particularly popular there. Unless they start cranking out Cyberverse MPs, it's not very likely.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 November 2020 - 04:24 AM)

Again, depends if she's popular enough in Japan to warrant it. Our view of which characters are popular is not the same as Takara's.

@  Bass X0 : (22 November 2020 - 01:53 AM)

So characters like Windblade then.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 November 2020 - 07:19 PM)

They're complicated and expensive to design. By necessity, they're gonna be restricted to well-known characters who are more likely to sell.

@  Bass X0 : (21 November 2020 - 07:05 PM)

I don’t think Masterpiece toys should be restricted to only show characters.

@  Rycochet : (21 November 2020 - 03:09 PM)

If she wasn't in the Sunbow cartoon, Live Action movie or Beast Wars and can't be repainted from someone else, she's not getting an MP.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 November 2020 - 12:44 PM)

They'll make their money back if they include the metal thong...

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 November 2020 - 12:29 PM)

Is she popular enough in Japan that Takara would even try?

@  Paladin : (21 November 2020 - 11:23 AM)

depends. will that one also have a giant metal thong?

@  Bass X0 : (21 November 2020 - 11:10 AM)

Should there be a Masterpiece Windblade?

Photo

I feel like DC and/or its employees ashamed of its image

34 replies to this topic

#21 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18990 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:03 AM

My wife saw the trailer and said they're trying too hard to make him cool.

I laughed and said that he's basically Roman Reigns.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#22 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 48700 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:20 AM

That's another issue with the trailer.

It's a Justice League trailer WITHOUT Superman. It doesn't feel right.

#23 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 14632 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:36 PM

Spoiler

The New 52 is going on six years at this point. Maybe not the best point of reference for another "DC Movies suck" rant.

(I mean they do suck but it's not because of they think of their image)

I definitely think that has an influence on it. Even their Justice League trailer sucks. Everything about it says look how cool we are!

I hate it when companies want to put the coolest-looking stuff in a trailer that's meant to hook viewer interest for a movie it's promoting.

Guess I'll skip this and wait for a trailer that goes "We're actually not very cool, and neither are these characters, but we hope you take pity on our poor company and watch anyway."

Edited by lastmaximal, 26 March 2017 - 01:38 PM.

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#24 Johnny Here

Johnny Here
  • Citizen
  • 735 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:53 PM

Spoiler

The New 52 is going on six years at this point. Maybe not the best point of reference for another "DC Movies suck" rant.

(I mean they do suck but it's not because of they think of their image)

I definitely think that has an influence on it. Even their Justice League trailer sucks. Everything about it says look how cool we are!

I hate it when companies want to put the coolest-looking stuff in a trailer that's meant to hook viewer interest for a movie it's promoting.

Guess I'll skip this and wait for a trailer that goes "We're actually not very cool, and neither are these characters, but we hope you take pity on our poor company and watch anyway."

You know thats not what i meant but hey if it helps you get your snark on, go you.

#25 Strafe

Strafe

Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Validating
  • 11525 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:18 PM

Is it fun, trying so hard to hate stuff?

I don't read as many of DC's comics as I used to, so the only time I can definitively state that I felt DC attempted that and flopped was every time a song played during Suicide Squad. It wasn't their selection, because I like a lot of those songs. When it really doesn't fit the scene and you go from one song to another immediately with no transition at all, it comes across like a middle schooler's animated music video.

But trying to grab eyeballs and relate to more people isn't exactly new to all of this. I don't think it always works, but I can't fault them for trying to fight off the inevitable super hero fatigue.

#26 Johnny Here

Johnny Here
  • Citizen
  • 735 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:46 PM

I don't read as many of DC's comics as I used to, so the only time I can definitively state that I felt DC attempted that and flopped was every time a song played during Suicide Squad. It wasn't their selection, because I like a lot of those songs. When it really doesn't fit the scene and you go from one song to another immediately with no transition at all, it comes across like a middle schooler's animated music video.
But trying to grab eyeballs and relate to more people isn't exactly new to all of this. I don't think it always works, but I can't fault them for trying to fight off the inevitable super hero fatigue.

I could say, is it fun trying so little to actually discuss the topic and realize people have different opinions?

I always looked at DC as more whitebread and earnest than Marvel. That was part of its charm.

I dont hate everything avout DC films...one of the things i liked about Batman V Superman was that it wasnt jokey.

#27 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 26241 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:44 PM

That's what happens when you rework the tone of a movie to match a trailer that was made AFTER the movie had already been filmed.

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

He's on your side...except when he isn't!

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#28 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 14632 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:31 PM

I could say, is it fun trying so little to actually discuss the topic and realize people have different opinions?
I always looked at DC as more whitebread and earnest than Marvel. That was part of its charm.
I dont hate everything avout DC films...one of the things i liked about Batman V Superman was that it wasnt jokey.

Central to the reason it wasn't jokey -- and in fact ended up being grimdark and joyless, needlessly manic but unfunny Luthor aside -- was the philosophy that de-camping the superheroes would make it "cool".

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#29 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52737 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:26 AM

BATB Aquaman ruined all other Aquamen for me.

That was the pinnacle, all others cannot possibly measure up.

card-strongarm.jpg

#30 Strafe

Strafe

Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Validating
  • 11525 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:59 AM

My opinion of DC isn't all that different from yours, just far less bitter. Many would argue, myself included, that Batman vs. Superman would have probably benefited from anything to balance out how edgy it was trying to be. I think casting Momoa was overcompensating to skew perception of Aquaman and widen their audience appeal. It's working already, and you may not approve but it was definitely smart. This is the tone they want, maybe they think campy doesn't sell in 2017. I don't think they're necessarily putting the best creative people in place, but yeah. It's safe to assume that shame is not their driving force.

Maybe avoiding it from here on out should be, though, looking at reviews? Boosh!

#31 unluckiness

unluckiness

Something of a scientician

• Citizen
  • 20703 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:51 AM

I feel that it's the logical progression ever since it become cool to hate on them at some point during the Marvel boom. I mean, yes, their movies suck, that is pretty undeniable and there is legitimate reason to dislike their films and the management thereof but the sheer vitriol online is ridiculous and disproportional compared to other studios that also make shit movies. 

Maybe it's because I'm more or less an optimist or how I've never particularly been invested into comics but after how they turned their books around, I think they're on the right track and I do respect their management for making appropriate creative team changes yet working with what they've already established instead of sweeping it under the rug which would be relatively easy to do with only a couple movies thus far. Who knows, maybe when they bring Superman back, it can herald a more complete change in tone. If not, they're just movies. 

Edited by unluckiness, 27 March 2017 - 01:52 AM.

XgxCpmP.png

#32 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18990 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:06 AM

Got any samples to share?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#33 Broadside

Broadside

#HaulOfFame

• Citizen
  • 11073 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:17 AM

Okay, but what about Momoa Aquaman with the personality of BATB Aquaman?

unknown.png

#34 AgentOrange

AgentOrange
  • Citizen
  • 1489 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:12 AM

Got any samples to share?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer

#35 Johnny Here

Johnny Here
  • Citizen
  • 735 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:41 AM

Central to the reason it wasn't jokey -- and in fact ended up being grimdark and joyless, needlessly manic but unfunny Luthor aside -- was the philosophy that de-camping the superheroes would make it "cool".

I think theres a better middle ground than what were getting. Im just not feeling this.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users